Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Would've been better than just giving him a red tome again like his seasonal variant. Sad times there -.-

I would love to see them replicate Xane's mechanic but it might be a bit too gamebreaking. I guess it depends on how it's done. 

...They'll probably just give him a sword...

The easiest way is make him a trash sword unit with a unique assist skill that copies the character (bar HP) you use it on for some x turns. Maybe actions would work better, since the game emphasizes things being done in as few turns as possible.

I don't see how it'd be gamebreaking, honestly. Useful certainly, since it'd mean you wouldn't need to build up a second set of that unit, but you need to waste a turn &/or a dance setting him up and depending on team composition you might be better off grabbing a different unit to fill a niche.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, r_n said:

The easiest way is make him a trash sword unit with a unique assist skill that copies the character (bar HP) you use it on for some x turns. Maybe actions would work better, since the game emphasizes things being done in as few turns as possible.

I don't see how it'd be gamebreaking, honestly. Useful certainly, since it'd mean you wouldn't need to build up a second set of that unit, but you need to waste a turn &/or a dance setting him up and depending on team composition you might be better off grabbing a different unit to fill a niche.

I dunno, having to only build up and use only one over powered character and yet having two of them seems a pretty good deal. 

Also, I imagine him being no fun to face in Arena. I wouldn't mind so much depending on how they do it. So long as he can't transform after he's moved that turn... but then with a dancer in AA, again he could become the most annoying unit :/ 

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I dunno, having to only build up and use only one over powered character and yet having two of them seems a pretty good deal. 

Also, I imagine him being no fun to face in Arena. I wouldn't mind so much depending on how they do it. So long as he can't transform after he's moved that turn... but then with a dancer in AA, again he could become the most annoying unit :/ 

Useful, but not gamebreaking and already something you'll deal with from time to time.

If they did make him pretty trashy while transformed there's a chance you'd probably not see him depending on your own composition. Well, upper tiers might be a different story since people would probably load him up with crazy cost skills he otherwise doesnt have to worry about using but...

I hope my string of good luck continues.  I haven't had to buy Orbs for quite a while, and have almost 200 saved up going into tomorrow.  I hope I'm lucky with the Greens.

26 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Wow, that's a neat concept. I wonder how Heroes translate Xane, even if they ignore the mechanic

An assist skill that transforms him into an allied unit for 2 or 3 turns, copying all stats except HP and all skills.

His base form would be sword infantry with high Spd and Res (does that stat spread sound familiar somehow?).

12 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

He's basically a dancer that transforms into a second copy of the unit instead of giving the unit a second turn, which I'd personally peg as less useful than a dancer.

If he uses an assist skill to mimic an ally, Xane won't be able to attack the turn he transforms and past that turn it'll just be like having another copy of that ally, aside from probably lower HP. Doesn't sound like too much of a concern to face as on a defense team.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hope my string of good luck continues.  I haven't had to buy Orbs for quite a while, and have almost 200 saved up going into tomorrow.  I hope I'm lucky with the Greens.

I have 149 orbs saved up just for Tharja, anything else will be a bonus.

54 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Would've been better than just giving him a red tome again like his seasonal variant. Sad times there -.-

I would love to see them replicate Xane's mechanic but it might be a bit too gamebreaking. I guess it depends on how it's done. 

...They'll probably just give him a sword...

Tomato Tome pun was too strong.

at least make it green or something

i guess he was the first red seasonal unit

While wondering what Atlas as an axe infantry would be like in Heroes, I remembered that the Devil Axe and its counterpart, the Shadow Sword, are in Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia. The Devil Axe has several users: Dice, Gonzalez, and Ymir, so it's fine assuming it does make it into Heroes, but the Shadow Sword only has Blake since apparently Mareeta's Shadow Sword becomes purified into Mareeta's Sword which if it's like what it is in Thracia 776, then it would basically be Amiti. This doesn't mean she can't have a Shadow Sword before Mareeta's Sword like how some of Eldigan has Killing Edge and Ephraim and Tana have Heavy Spear. Blake as a GHB unit could work, but it might be weird for some since he's just some random enemy with a Shadow Sword. Giving Deen the Shadow Sword as reference to Blake being a recolor of him in Gaiden could work since Deen could just inherit a Brave Sword, the weapon that he comes with in Gaiden/SoV.

Anyway, would this make work for their effects? Devil Axe+/Shadow Sword+: 14 Mt. Grants +4 Atk. Unit takes 4 damage after combat. If it can be refined, then it could have +6 Atk or something if it does get enhanced effects, but if not, then regular refinements would help regardless. One issue with them is that the other Fury effect weapons grant other stat boosts; Cursed Lance gives +2 speed and -1 special cooldown, Fury refined Mystletainn grants Fury 3, and the Ylissean Summer weapons while only working at full health give +2 to Atk/Spd/Def/Res. Basically, trying to figure out what would work for them while.

Ha, Atlas with a Devil Axe+ would be dumb since his shtick is having a very high attack and HP. 48 HP, 37 Atk, 25 Spd, 30 Def, and 22 Res could work. Hopefully he, or any trainee/villager unit for that matter, become 4* to 5* summonable after they're introduced. Tobin's a TT unit while Amelia, Faye, and Gray remained as 5* only summons. Not that big of deal, but it would just be nice.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The update data is available now and it only added 4 ?s to the Catalog of Heroes so...I guess we're only getting a mini-Tempest this month if we get a TT at all.

A mini-TT might be nice... I mean it has been a while since we've had one, and I for one, will be pretty busy during the holidays, so a smaller event wouldn't be impossible to complete. If they're going in order, we'd be getting another Tobin or Clive? I can't remember who came first...

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

A mini-TT might be nice... I mean it has been a while since we've had one, and I for one, will be pretty busy during the holidays, so a smaller event wouldn't be impossible to complete. If they're going in order, we'd be getting another Tobin or Clive? I can't remember who came first...

Tobin. Clive would be in the third mini-Tempest assuming they're going in chronological order.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Tobin. Clive would be in the third mini-Tempest assuming they're going in chronological order.

So a little underwhelming, but a TT is a TT with plenty of rewards regardless. I've still got high hopes that they'll either finish or start the year off with a big bang.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

So a little underwhelming, but a TT is a TT with plenty of rewards regardless. I've still got high hopes that they'll either finish or start the year off with a big bang.

And cue the 200th unit in the game being a really important plot character in Heroes. Or Glade, because, y'know, Glade. :p

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

And cue the 200th unit in the game being a really important plot character in Heroes. Or Glade, because, y'know, Glade. :p

XD I'd laugh so hard. The least popular character according to CYL gets in before Micaiah or Leif. XD And watch him get like SUPER Brave Hero status.

Just now, Poimagic said:

Let me guess:

Hide contents

You found the data mined stats on Reddit? Can you give me a link to said Reddit page?

Yep. They're not all done just yet, but here's hers:

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Oh my god:

Hide contents

Those stats tho. 34 def and 36 res. She is most certainly a good user of CC. 

Spoiler

Absolutely. Having less Spd than a neutral Sophia is hilariously bad, but her other stats more than make up for it from what I can tell. And her BST seems to be the same as the other ranged armors so far, which is kind of a relief I guess?

Edit: Here's the rest of the stats, for those curious:

Edited by DefaultBeep

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Absolutely. Having less Spd than a neutral Sophia is hilariously bad, but her other stats more than make up for it from what I can tell. And her BST seems to be the same as the other ranged armors so far, which is kind of a relief I guess?

Spoiler

And her speed is easily fixed by her vengeful fighter skill, with also having CD+1. She is insane.

Just now, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

RIP Amelia. Both Chrom and Lissa top her stat total. If these are accurate, Chrom's got 174 and Lissa 175.

Spoiler

Chrom is a green Effie, Lissa isn't delicate now, and Winter Tharja needs Wary fighter or Vengeful Fighter to avoid dying. Okay.