• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Alexmender said:

Someone should make one. I'd do it because I love the game but I'm lazy.

I was just about to suggest that as well, but I don't feel like I'm worthy of being the one to make that thread, since I haven't even played the game for myself.

To stay a bit more on topic with Heroes: I'm about halfway done with grinding Spring Xander's HM so I can fodder him off, but now I'm wondering if Winter Robin's weapon might be better for Catria. Hopefully the update shows up soon, so I can have a better idea of what to do and go for on the winter banner.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

To stay a bit more on topic with Heroes: I'm about halfway done with grinding Spring Xander's HM so I can fodder him off, but now I'm wondering if Winter Robin's weapon might be better for Catria. Hopefully the update shows up soon, so I can have a better idea of what to do and go for on the winter banner.

On the topic of the C!Robin, where did he get the idea for his weapon name? That name could only be the product of Owain's weapon naming, or could it be that M!Robin is actually Owain's dad and he got the idea for the weapon name from his son. :awesome:

You never can know.

11 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

On the topic of the C!Robin, where did he get the idea for his weapon name? That name could only be the product of Owain's weapon naming, or could it be that M!Robin is actually Owain's dad and he got the idea for the weapon name from his son. :awesome:

You never can know.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the name of the weapon in japanese? Tanenboom! feels like a(n utterly delightful) localization choice

20 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I was just about to suggest that as well, but I don't feel like I'm worthy of being the one to make that thread, since I haven't even played the game for myself.

Both the carrot and Taneboom seem pretty memetastic for her but in a practical sense I feel she gets more out of the carrot's healing working on both phases, the tree limits her to an EP build. But then again she's pretty cool with EP builds so it's more up to which one would look funnier on her.

Oh, btw I chose to make the thread after all. Here it is @MrSmokestack @Poimagic 

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Both the carrot and Taneboom seem pretty memetastic for her but in a practical sense I feel she gets more out of the carrot's healing working on both phases, the tree limits her to an EP build. But then again she's pretty cool with EP builds so it's more up to which one would look funnier on her.

Oh, btw I chose to make the thread after all. Here it is @MrSmokestack @Poimagic 

Yeah, I'm kinda planning to give her an enemy phase build anyway (Def-refine for her weapon, Close Defense, Renewal/QR), so I'm concerned whether the boost to all of her stats on EP would be better than the healing. Of course, if these weapons can't be refined (which I doubt), then I'll definitely go with the carrot. And I'm not guaranteed to even get Robin, and there's like twenty other people that want his other skills... gah, I'll probably just give her the carrot I guess.

Bless you. You are the hero that we all need in these trying times.

20 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

You never can know.

The best I could find about the name is the term "tannenbomb", which apparently can mean "A pine needle infestation, common during and after the holiday season." So, it kinda works, I guess?

@r_n Ah, thanks for clearing that up! That makes sense indeed. Except...

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Tanenbaum, the german word for fir tree

The fact that this isn't a Winter Fir or at least an inheritable sword is highly disappointing.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

@r_n Ah, thanks for clearing that up! That makes sense indeed. Except...

The fact that this isn't a Winter Fir or at least an inheritable sword is highly disappointing.

If it was a sword then Red Robin would be the perfect name for Christmas Robin since he will be the right colour gameplay-wise, too

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

If it was a sword then Red Robin would be the perfect name for Christmas Robin since he will be the right colour gameplay-wise, too

Not only that, but then Robin Emblem could've been much better off. We've got three blues and one green now, which is not particularly great for weapon triangle variety.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Not only that, but then Robin Emblem could've been much better off. We've got three blues and one green now, which is not particularly great for weapon triangle variety.

And tacticians use swords not lances anyway!

missed opportunity. Just like Santa Hector (the sack would be perfect). Or Christmas Knights (use Stahl or Sully if you have to)

At the very least, it will be ironic if the reason we don't have seasonal swords is IS thinks there's too much swordies in the game anyway

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

And tacticians use swords not lances anyway!

missed opportunity. Just like Santa Hector (the sack would be perfect). Or Christmas Knights (use Stahl or Sully if you have to)

At the very least, it will be ironic if the reason we don't have seasonal swords is IS thinks there's too much swordies in the game anyway

That's something that's been bothering me since Female Robin was made available. We've got a Sword Corrin and Dragon Corrin, so I really don't get why we didn't get a Sword Robin. Other than weapon variety I guess, but again... we got Sword Corrin, so it couldn't have been that big of an issue.

Honestly, I think that's the legitimate reason why. It's not a terrible reason, since the main FE games are weighted towards sword users in general, but it's not like the seasonal units help balance the regular pool anyway.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's something that's been bothering me since Female Robin was made available. We've got a Sword Corrin and Dragon Corrin, so I really don't get why we didn't get a Sword Robin. Other than weapon variety I guess, but again... we got Sword Corrin, so it couldn't have been that big of an issue.

Honestly, I think that's the legitimate reason why. It's not a terrible reason, since the main FE games are weighted towards sword users in general, but it's not like the seasonal units help balance the regular pool anyway.

It might be 'cos Corrin has a legendary weapon, whereas Robin doesn't. 

The missed opportunity is not making the male one the dragon so we could at least have one male dragon -.-

...And making Tobin a sword instead of a bow... and not adding Kieran into the Crimeans banner so we could have another axe cavalry... 

Edited by Cute Chao

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

The missed opportunity is not making the male one the dragon so we could at least have one male dragon -.-

Maybe Hoshido New Year?

male Corrin, Ryoma, Takumi and Hinoka since Sakura already had a variant

breath Corrin, Axe Ryoma with Ryoma's club, Sword Takumi with Takumi's shinai and Spear Fighter Hinoka? Or maybe Bow Hinoka- bonus points if kinshi knight

or flying staff Peg Knight Hinoka

I mean i'm low on orbs with christmas, the next legendary hero banner and if this comes along, but it would be neat just for different representation

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the name of the weapon in japanese? Tanenboom! feels like a(n utterly delightful) localization choice

In Japanese, it's simply 聖樹, "Christmas tree".

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

You never can know.

I can second it derives from "Tannenbaum".

Just now, mcsilas said:

Maybe Hoshido New Year?

male Corrin, Ryoma, Takumi and Hinoka since Sakura already had a variant

breath Corrin, Axe Ryoma with Ryoma's club, Sword Takumi with Takumi's shinai and Spear Fighter Hinoka? Or maybe Bow Hinoka- bonus points if kinshi knight

I mean i'm low on orbs with christmas, the next legendary hero banner and if this comes along, but it would be neat just for different representation

If they do do a New Years banner, I hope they give us a month for that one at least. I'm a bit sad they're not giving a month for the Christmas banner, even if it does cause an overlap with the hypothetical next seasonal banner. 

But I would murder for a new Takumi :D 

I still don't expect them to do a proper male weighted banner, honestly. The kids one is the closest we've come and they still added Rhajat just before -.- 

Just now, Cute Chao said:

Ah yeah, fair point. It still bothers me, but if only one of Robin or Corrin could get a sword, I suppose it makes more sense for Corrin to get it.

Right? It would've been been nice to give Female Corrin a sword to have more variety too, since we didn't have a lot of female sword users at launch either. Here's hoping for Bantu! And Xane and Nils too I guess.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Ah yeah, fair point. It still bothers me, but if only one of Robin or Corrin could get a sword, I suppose it makes more sense for Corrin to get it.

Right? It would've been been nice to give Female Corrin a sword to have more variety too, since we didn't have a lot of female sword users at launch either. Here's hoping for Bantu! And Xane and Nils too I guess.

Fully agreed. And I get your point. Honestly, it would've been better to make both Corrins dragons since there's so few of them and so many swords. It's not like the Yato is all that amazing, but I do like its design so oh well. 

And yes! Give us all of our dragons... and Xane who I am dying to see in the game just for uniqueness. 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Fully agreed. And I get your point. Honestly, it would've been better to make both Corrins dragons since there's so few of them and so many swords. It's not like the Yato is all that amazing, but I do like its design so oh well. 

And yes! Give us all of our dragons... and Xane who I am dying to see in the game just for uniqueness. 

What game is Xane from?

also i wonder if they'll ever do a Corrin variation for each stage of Yato. Noble Yato, Grim Yato, Omega Yato,etc.

you asked for swords right? Lol

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I am hoping at least for sword!Morgan and Dragon!Kanna

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

What game is Xane from?

also i wonder if they'll ever do a Corrin variation for each stage of Yato. Noble Yato, Grim Yato, Omega Yato,etc.

you asked for swords right? Lol

Shadow Dragon and all its variants (including MotE)

Yeah, we need all the swords! Why does Takumi have a bow? Give him a sword! Leo doesn't need a tome! Sword him up! 

Why does Ephraim have a lance? Faye got a bow. Give him a sword :D 

2 minutes ago, May B. said:

I am hoping at least for sword!Morgan and Dragon!Kanna

I think I'd prefer to have no more swords on units that can have any other weapon, but a sword Morgan would be cute :) Maybe the female, though, and the male gets a tome :) 

Both Kanas should be dragons, imo. I actually really like the Fates' dragon design. 

@mcsilas Xane is from Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem. He’s a dragon who has given up his dragonstone, but he is unique for being able to shapeshift into any person or creature. In gameplay, he can mimic the class and stats of any of your units except HP for five turns.

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@mcsilas Xane is from Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem. He’s a dragon who has given up his dragonstone, but he is unique for being able to shapeshift into any person or creature. In gameplay, he can mimic the class and stats of any of your units except HP for five turns.

Wow, that's a neat concept. I wonder how Heroes translate Xane, even if they ignore the mechanic

@Cute Chao you know, i'd actually be cool with Leo having Leo's Iceblade and firing off high Res Icebergs.

Just now, mcsilas said:

Wow, that's a neat concept. I wonder how Heroes translate Xane, even if they ignore the mechanic

@Cute Chao you know, i'd actually be cool with Leo having Leo's Iceblade and firing off high Res Icebergs.

Would've been better than just giving him a red tome again like his seasonal variant. Sad times there -.-

I would love to see them replicate Xane's mechanic but it might be a bit too gamebreaking. I guess it depends on how it's done. 

...They'll probably just give him a sword...

Weapons with innate specials would be an interesting concept. We’ve seen passive stacking but not special stacking in FEH so far.

Xane could have Imitate as a C passive which lets him shift into an ally until the next turn copying their skills in addition to their stats, making him the most hated unit to face on defense