Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

My free green was 4★ Cecilia. I’m fine with that. How can I build mine to 5★10 if I don’t have Cecilias?

There also was a red, and I said, fuck it, and got a 3★ Def/Spd Selena. This isn’t her best nature, IIRC.

But, she is Reposition fodder? So it's useful either way?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Reposition is nice... it's so nice... and I could really use some except I don't have any because....

WHY. DOES. THIS. GAME. KEEP. GIVING. ME. GOOD. NATURED. BARSTS?!

First I got a +SPD/-HP one... then a +SPD/-RES one... then a +ATK/-DEF one.

Guess what? I pulled another Barst! Awesome finally some Repo fodder. He's *3 so I won't even bother checking his nature. Meh I guess I will...

OH LOOK HE'S +ATK/-RES.

You know what I want in this game? (Except Ishtar) A Western-style inheritable sword. Wo dao, killer, and slayer all are katanas. I know that in fiction katanas are just better, especially in Japanese fiction, I suppose.

But a good old broadsword would be awesome. Or a longsword. Or a bastard sword. Or a zweihänder. Or any other type of straight-blade European sword.

28 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Reposition is nice... it's so nice... and I could really use some except I don't have any because....

Guess what? I pulled another Barst! Awesome finally some Repo fodder. He's *3 so I won't even bother checking his nature. Meh I guess I will...

OH LOOK HE'S +ATK/-RES.

Wanna send a few of those Barsts over here? Lol. Takumi and a few others need Reposition. I won't stop until I have a whole army of Repositioners! :p

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

A Western-style inheritable sword.

Zanbato (Western-style fantasy great sword), Armorslayer (hooked broadsword), Firesweep Sword (long sword with fancy shit all over it).

Pull number 14 gets me a [+Def, -HP] Tharja. And now my box is full. I guess I'll clean it out tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Wanna send a few of those Barsts over here? Lol. Takumi and a few others need Reposition. I won't stop until I have a whole army of Repositioners! :p

Problem is I want to build a Barst and I'm indecisive. Otherwise I'd just keep one and dump the rest. What are the odds you'd get every good nature imaginable for a character? And what are the odds I'll get them again? If I don't pick the right one I'm screwed.

Uh, so

@mampfoid @Arcanite

Remember this Lilina build I mentioned a while ago?:

On 11/20/2017 at 7:01 PM, DefaultBeep said:

Ooo, now I'm excited! Hopefully she will be up to your perfectly calculated standards. Here's a little teaser of her kit, if you want:

Reveal hidden contents

+Def/-Atk, Fenrir+, Harsh Command, Ignis, Fortress Defense, Obstruct, Spd Smoke

Okay, not really, but that was fun to come up with.

I decided to run this build in the simulator, to see its effectiveness, and...

Reveal hidden contents

She gets 1 win, 20 loses, and 169 draws. Are you not impressed? ;)

I said that I would build a second Lilina like this, if I ever got one with exactly +Def/-Atk.

Well, it seems that the stars have aligned in a horrible pattern tonight, because I just got a Lilina with exactly that.

Obstruct Lilina will now have to become a reality...

:(

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Uh, so

@mampfoid @Arcanite

Remember this Lilina build I mentioned a while ago?:

I said that I would build a second Lilina like this, if I ever got one with exactly +Def/-Atk.

Well, it seems that the stars have aligned in a horrible pattern tonight, because I just got a Lilina with exactly that.

Obstruct Lilina will now have to become a reality...

:(

Wow, will you promote her to 5* because of your prediction? 

Well I have the new tharja now, I have no intention of using her but I am tossing up if I should use her to give henry close counter and give the second level of her skill to Henry or if I kill takumi and give her full Skill to the BK

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Zanbato (Western-style fantasy great sword), Armorslayer (hooked broadsword), Firesweep Sword (long sword with fancy shit all over it).

Butcher’s cleaver, wannabe earth sword, and generic fantasy MMO shit need not apply.

43 minutes ago, Zeo said:

OH LOOK HE'S +ATK/-RES.

Well now. Looks like it's time build a Barst!

+Atk for Brave Axe, +Spd for other weapons like Slaying Axe

-Def Barst can finally be foddered off

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, will you promote her to 5* because of your prediction? 

I think I have to now. I've had stupid accurate luck with all of my Lilinas; before I ever got one of her, I wanted her with +Atk/-Spd the most. That's what my first Lilina ended up having. Later, I decided I wanted +Spd/-Def instead. I got that exact boon/bane for my second ever Lilina. Now, when I joke about wanting +Def/-Atk? I end up getting that exact thing for my third ever Lilina.

It pains me to actually work on this build, but I think fate has decided that I have to... which means I also have to give her a 5-star Sophia, a Gunter, a Henry, a Seth or Lukas, a Hana... and a Sigurd. Yeah, this is gonna be a painful process.

The Brazen skill being inheritable by everyone is just garbage... This puts desperation runners on steroids with life and death 4 but without the drawback of lost bulk.... unbelievable. And for Enemy phase units those skills are kinda poop because you want to run steady breath or distant counter or a skill that works at 100% HP right from the get go.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Butcher’s cleaver, wannabe earth sword, and generic fantasy MMO shit need not apply.

Go give a Silver Sword+ to everyone, then. Its design is fairly accurate as a bastard sword.

No one in Fire Emblem is going to use a longsword as a proper two-handed sword because that requires additional animations. Arming swords are side arms, like the sword on Lachesis's belt, and aren't meant to be used as a primary weapon.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

The Brazen skill being inheritable by everyone is just garbage... 

T H I S   B A N N E R   I S
S O   M U C H   B U L L S H I T

@Ice Dragon: And I will. It’s not like I have anything better to do with my feathers anyway.

Edited by Vaximillian

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I think I have to now. I've had stupid accurate luck with all of my Lilinas; before I ever got one of her, I wanted her with +Atk/-Spd the most. That's what my first Lilina ended up having. Later, I decided I wanted +Spd/-Def instead. I got that exact boon/bane for my second ever Lilina. Now, when I joke about wanting +Def/-Atk? I end up getting that exact thing for my third ever Lilina.

It pains me to actually work on this build, but I think fate has decided that I have to... which means I also have to give her a 5-star Sophia, a Gunter, a Henry, a Seth or Lukas, a Hana... and a Sigurd. Yeah, this is gonna be a painful process.

Ouch, sounds masochistic. Good luck ^^

18 minutes ago, Hilda said:

The Brazen skill being inheritable by everyone is just garbage... This puts desperation runners on steroids with life and death 4 but without the drawback of lost bulk.... unbelievable. And for Enemy phase units those skills are kinda poop because you want to run steady breath or distant counter or a skill that works at 100% HP right from the get go.

But Brazen skills don't go well with Desperation at all?  

/Edit: Sorry for the double post, I thought I was answering to DefaultBeep on another topic. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

But Brazen skills don't go well with Desperation at all?  

... They both have a Hp threshold that you must drop below before they activate and they are pretty similar so you will almost always have neither active, or both active 
perhaps you are thinking of Quick Riposte 

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

... They both have a Hp threshold that you must drop below before they activate and they are pretty similar so you will almost always have neither active, or both active 
perhaps you are thinking of Quick Riposte 

No, its the other way around: 

"If unit's HP ≥ 80% at the start of combat, grants Atk/Spd+7 during combat."

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Look again

In game though, the wiki is wrong

Edited by Mackc2

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You are wrong. It’s HP ≤ 80%. Check again.

Edited by Vaximillian

Well, I happened to pull my second ever Tailtiu from Winter's Envoy...and she's +Atk/-HP compared to the +Res/-Def of the first, who I already promoted. *sigh* Guess I'll fork over the feathers to promote this new one once I'm able. I hate the way my luck works at times, like seriously.

Edited by Tybrosion

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You are wrong. It’s HP ≤ 80%.

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...So it's not Resolve?

...What was I excited about with this banner, then?

5 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Look again

In game though, the wiki is wrong

I was fooled by the wiki pages (which are still fresh), I even checked it ingame. Too bad, I don't want to pull on this banner.