• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

But the new Heroes will arrive on Wednesday, 10th April (Pacific time), which means they won't be arena bonus in the same week. 

The 10th is a Tuesday, however the calendar was made before the Daylight Saving change so the banner launch is actually midnight in PST. But the point stands that the banner starts the day after arena resets, so it actually falls fairly neatly, current arena rotation runs for one more week, two weeks of Easter seasonals plus the new legendary, then Thracia.

It's unlikely that the Arena bonus units don't change this week, as the Arena bonus has previously always changed on the first season change after the banner (with a few times where the banner was released at the same time as the season change).  It seems more likely for the spring units to end up as a bonus for three weeks than it does for the bonus units to remain the same as last week.

I hate it when people on my friend list change their IGNs and I have no idea anymore who they are. I now had three such people on my list. Whoever you were, sorry, Nick with an Alfonse, Juvia with a Valentine’s Lilina, and Jordan with Micaiah. I don’t remember you.

This is why we need 1) a larger friend list and 2) custom notes to every friend.

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@YotsuMaboroshi usually there is a Twitter notification about the bonus heroes the day before the new rotation starts. 

It can come up any time before the reset.  I'm not discounting the possibility that they'll extend the current bonus units, but it would be the first time they've done so in the game's lifetime (additionally, this would mean the Spring units would not be bonus units until after Easter).  On the other hand, the Twitter announcements for the Arena change are relatively recent in comparison, so the absence of the announcement does not necessarily mean the Arena bonus won't change.

We'll find out tonight at the latest.

14 hours ago, mampfoid said:

No news today, I hope they will have something interesting for Easter holidays (VGs don't count). 

@Sunwoo Nice, it'll take me a while to arrive to 3 rows on page two. But where is LA!Eliwood? 

Still in the works, I'm afraid. I work slow on armors.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Still in the works, I'm afraid. I work slow on armors.

Since I'm not an armor fan, I did this equation for Eliwood: Armor TT Reward unit + TT bonus unit + Armor Boots = best/only chance to max HM of said armor unit. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Since I'm not an armor fan, I did this equation for Eliwood: Armor TT Reward unit + TT bonus unit + Armor Boots = best/only chance to max HM of said armor unit. 

Eliwood's actually doing pretty well for when he showed up! When he was a bonus unit, I actually ended up just bringing him to the final level.

On 3/23/2018 at 2:08 AM, mampfoid said:

I was waiting for a +SPD copy since a long time, but now that I gave my +ATK/-HP Cordelia Slaying Lance (SPD refinement) and the heavy blade seal, I'm not sure anymore if I'd use a different nature over her.  

Mine still has her Brave Lance but I'd still want a +Spd one even though Brave sets want +Atk. Not sure if I'm going to switch over to a +Spd one as I can but I'll definitely keep the +Spd copy. I feel like she's eventually going to get a weapon refinement that doesn't cut her speed like Raven did so I'm going to hold off on replacing her weapon. 

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

Mine still has her Brave Lance but I'd still want a +Spd one even though Brave sets want +Atk. Not sure if I'm going to switch over to a +Spd one as I can but I'll definitely keep the +Spd copy. I feel like she's eventually going to get a weapon refinement that doesn't cut her speed like Raven did so I'm going to hold off on replacing her weapon. 

The fact that Cordelia places pretty much at the top of every tier chart tells me that she's not getting anything new anytime soon.

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The fact that Cordelia places pretty much at the top of every tier chart tells me that she's not getting anything new anytime soon.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that. Take a look at Raven. He was perfectly fine with his own brave weapon (hypothetically he would have excelled most with the still absent firesweep axe) prior to getting Basilikos for some reason. Cordelia is not too different to Raven in this regard.

Not saying I think Cordelia will be getting a personal weapon down the line, nor do I want her to. I’m just saying that it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Karel ought to get a personal weapon. 'Course his canonical personal weapon is inheritable in this game. So call it the "Bloodied Wo Dao" or something. As for it's effect, I dunno combine the wo dao effect with desperation I guess.

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Karel ought to get a personal weapon. 'Course his canonical personal weapon is inheritable in this game. So call it the "Bloodied Wo Dao" or something. As for it's effect, I dunno combine the wo dao effect with desperation I guess.

Yeah, Karel really stands out as needing one. With his skill set being completely unexciting at this point, he's really not earning that 5* exclusive status.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Yeah, Karel really stands out as needing one. With his skill set being completely unexciting at this point, he's really not earning that 5* exclusive status.

To be honest, half of the 5* exclusives shouldn't be 5* exclusives.  They should really get around to demoting some of the old units.

Maybe start demoting an old 5* down to 4* with every new banner, it won't take any development time, and it gets us excited to get a chance at more units.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To be honest, half of the 5* exclusives shouldn't be 5* exclusives.  They should really get around to demoting some of the old units.

Maybe start demoting an old 5* down to 4* with every new banner, it won't take any development time, and it gets us excited to get a chance at more units.

Yeah, this would be nice.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this would be nice.

Prospective 5* Exclusives that could be demoted:

Karel

Gray

Saber

Luke (Make Panic Ploy 3 available at 4*)

Katarina (Keep Swift Sparrow as unlocked at 5*, but give us a source of Rawrowl at 4*)

Leo (Make QR3 unlock at 4*)

Shiro

Hinoka (Make Hone Fliers unlock at 4*)

Olwen

Amelia

Rhajat

Deirdre (Make QR3 unlock at 4*)

Faye

Jaffar (Make LaD3 unlock at 4*)

Mist

Looking at the list, we have Red 6, Blue 3, Green 3 Gray 3.  I had to stretch a bit for Blue and Green, but Red really suffers from 5* exclusives that aren't really that great.  This isn't even touching the 4-5*s that should be taken off the 5* list.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

No.

This would open the floodgates for the firesweep bow.

We already have the Firesweep Lance and Sword at 4*, and it's already everywhere in Arena, so I don't see making it accessible to non-whales as that big a problem.  Are there any other non-seasonal inheritable weapons that are 5* exclusive apart from that and Rawrowl (and Blarserpent, but that just came out).

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

No.

We already have the Firesweep Lance and Sword at 4*, and it's already everywhere in Arena, so I don't see making it accessible to non-whales as that big a problem.  Are there any other non-seasonal inheritable weapons that are 5* exclusive apart from that and Rawrowl (and Blarserpent, but that just came out).

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Shiro

Nah, I'd say Shiro is good enough to stay 5* only. 

Deirdre (Make QR3 unlock at 4*)

I'd demote Julia instead, on account of her kit being notably inferior to her mother's.

Jaffar (Make LaD3 unlock at 4*)

And at the same time, have Sothe take Jaffar's place as a 5* exclusive. Same with Reinhardt and Olwen.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are there any other non-seasonal inheritable weapons that are 5* exclusive apart from that and Rawrowl (and Blarserpent, but that just came out).

Zanbato (Gray) and Flametongue+ (Dragon Scion Tiki)

I actually made a pretty extensive list on a thread about this issue concerning characters I thought should either remain 5* locked, be available at 4* as well, or dropped entirely. The thread is a dinosaur now so I can’t just revive it and add to my original post, though not much would change considering how many of the introduced characters have a valid claim to their exclusivity, which more than I can say about a good portion of the group pre-, say, November. New thread when?

I’m sort of getting increasingly skeptical that the pool will ever be touched up at this rate. February was the perfect time to clean house but instead they thought TAP FRICKIN BATTLES were a higher priority. 

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No.

Well it’s not like it hasn’t happened already (looking at you, Firesweep Sword/Lance). And besides, barring Brave Lyn who’s now easier to handle thanks to the new maps, Bows actually aren’t all that common meta wise to begin with, nor hard to counter.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

It's a bit of a technicality,  but Keen Gronnwolf, Slaying Edge & Slaying Lance are 5* exclusives. Sure you can upgrade them from stuff available on 4* units but... 

Also since the only source of Gronnwolf, period, is on a GHB unit.