Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

There go two orbs I’ll never get. Those defeat x with x unit quests are so annoying (nobody uses Oliver). Anyone else feeling my pain?

There are a lot of GHB heroes that I never use. It's definitely worth it to level at least their 3 or 4 star copy up to level 40. It should be possible to defeat Oliver with Oliver, but it might take some chipping away at him first. But it's also possible that people will set Oliver as their lead so you can face him one on one in AA. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Do others here have parts of the game they just kind of forget exist? For me that's Arena Assault, I only remember it exists on last day of a season and then it's a gamble if I do it or not. Previous season for example I only did 1 battle for minimum rewards. To lesser extent this also happens with Chain Challenge and Squad Assault, though I notice it less because I'm not losing weekly rewards from it.

5 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Do others here have parts of the game they just kind of forget exist? For me that's Arena Assault, I only remember it exists on last day of a season and then it's a gamble if I do it or not. Previous season for example I only did 1 battle for minimum rewards. To lesser extent this also happens with Chain Challenge and Squad Assault, though I notice it less because I'm not losing weekly rewards from it.

I usually forget stuff on the Special Maps menu, because I'm a procrastinator and often leave stuff like the daily maps alone for a while. Rival Domains too. Actually, I haven't done the Four Heroes maps yet and there's only a couple days left.

I also tend to leave permanent content alone until I want the rewards to do some specific thing. I only did the last three Blessed Gardens maps yesterday in fact. Squad Assault and Chain Challenges are always left untouched until I get desperate to break a high pity rate near the end of banners.

Oh, I also tend to leave Story maps on Hard difficulty available for quite a while. I do the normal version to unlock the lunatic version so I can do the time-limited quests, but there's no reason to rush the Hard ones until I need the orbs.

Edited by Humanoid

4 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Arena assault I despise, but still do a necessary 7-streak every week, and then the three battles per day for the feathers. Chains and squads just sit there until I require to tap into their orb reserves. Rival domains are one-and-done thing every week with no reason to repeat it. Training maps exist too, I guess, but I never use them.

Seasonal heroes don’t exist in my world altogether.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I usually forget stuff on the Special Maps menu, because I'm a procrastinator and often leave stuff like the daily maps alone for a while. Rival Domains too. Actually, I haven't done the Four Heroes maps yet and there's only a couple days left.

I also tend to leave permanent content alone until I want the rewards to do some specific thing. I only did the last three Blessed Gardens maps yesterday in fact. Squad Assault and Chain Challenges are always left untouched until I get desperate to break a high pity rate near the end of banners.

That's interesting to me, since Special Maps is probably the menu I use the most on the map.

Keeping the permanent content until you need it actually makes sense, I would probably throw the orbs at something I don't particularly need if I got them now... Like the last Legendary Banner. Curse that one.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Arena assault I despise, but still do a necessary 7-streak every week, and then the three battles per day for the feathers. Chains and squads just sit there until I require to tap into their orb reserves. Rival domains are one-and-done thing every week with no reason to repeat it. Training maps exist too, I guess, but I never use them.

Seasonal heroes don’t exist in my world altogether.

I vaguely remember a time I did that with Arena Assault... But I think I'm way happier with Heroes now that I don't, in all honesty. Funny how such a small change affected by enjoyment of the game so much. I would probably forget about Rival Domains if the game didn't tell me that "THERE'S A NEW MAP!!!" every. single. Saturday...

Seasonals are a funny one because I somewhat like them in Granblue Fantasy, but don't in Heroes. Same goes for alts in general, now that I think about it.

6 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Like the last Legendary Banner. Curse that one.

I vaguely remember a time I did that with Arena Assault... But I think I'm way happier with Heroes now that I don't, in all honesty. Funny how such a small change affected by enjoyment of the game so much. I would probably forget about Rival Domains if the game didn't tell me that "THERE'S A NEW MAP!!!" every. single. Saturday...

Seasonals are a funny one because I somewhat like them in Granblue Fantasy, but don't in Heroes. Same goes for alts in general, now that I think about it.

Sham, scam, and scum, all of them.

I don’t like arena assault a bit less now that I’ve got a sizeable pool of counterpicks, but I still have to do it for the rewards. Feathers, coins, and rocks are too good and useful to just throw away outright. Rival domains are still bad and have always been bad.

Alts must be destroyed.

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Well NY!Corrin's set isn't one that HAS to go on a specific unit. It's support based and not combat based, so it's not going to be as good offensively as most other sets. So you could probably give it to just about any archer and be safe. It would depend more on the team that unit is on and who you think will benefit from the DEF/RES support. You could probably give it to someone like Rebecca or Virion I suppose. Rebecca doesn't really have a niche among the archers, so turning her into a buff bot wouldn't be bad. Virion could double as a buff bot and a Panic Ploy bot with his high HP. 

Nawwww... It's cool. Where there is Merric, I will sniff out the posts. 

Just tested out the SPD Smoke thing. Still activates if the enemy dies! I feel like it's not super worth promoting a unit for unless you don't have any other projects you want to invest in at the moment, but it's up to you! 

Huh, that would be an interesting use of Rebecca/Virion. Pretty neat idea at least. I wonder if Setsuna can do this as well- her speed make her hard to be doubled, so that's kind of 'bulky'? Plus a Hoshidan-themed bow fits with a Hoshidan. Although Rebecca probably needs more of a niche.

@mampfoid @Vaximillian Interestingly, all the Odin talk and seasonal weapon talk made me think- I wonder if I should make Odin a buff bot with my spare Ninian's Fresh Bouquet? Built-in Hone Spd that also benefits self for more bulk, then maybe Hone Atk or a Tactic skill in C slot or SS slot? Although I'm hesitant to actually pull the trigger...plus Chill Atk is a rare skill as well. Flying dancers are also rare so keeping multiples is also good..

Regarding modes that I forget...I totally forgot you can farm feathers in Easy/Hard Chain Challenges. I should do those again now that SP and EXP isn't lowered after completing story maps..

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid @Vaximillian Interestingly, all the Odin talk and seasonal weapon talk made me think- I wonder if I should make Odin a buff bot with my spare Ninian's Fresh Bouquet? Built-in Hone Spd that also benefits self for more bulk, then maybe Hone Atk or a Tactic skill in C slot or SS slot? Although I'm hesitant to actually pull the trigger...plus Chill Atk is a rare skill as well. Flying dancers are also rare so keeping multiples is also good..

Puh, I can hardly give advice on this. Odin relies on his tome to deal at least a bit of damage. I think I saw a nice Owl-Odin once. Ninian and PA!Shigure in comparison can dance, buff and kill. Odin would only be able to buff in most cases with Fresh Bouquet. Better inherit Chill ATK to someone or give the tome to Shigure. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Puh, I can give hardly advice on this. Odin relies on his tome to deal at least a bit of damage. I think I saw a nice Owl-Odin once. Ninian and PA!Shigure in comparison can dance, buff and kill. Odin would only be able to buff in most cases with Fresh Bouquet. Better inherit Chill ATK to someone or give the tome to Shigure. 

Oh this random Odin idea just ditches the idea of attacking and will be more support haha, since he is more of a survivor. Or Tempest Trial support if I give him Renewal + Reciprocal Aid.

But yeah just a random idea since I just properly read Fresh Bouquet's effect for the first time.

But yeah I saw an Owl Odin with Close Counter in arena last week. I think I forgot to friend the person though..

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Interestingly, all the Odin talk and seasonal weapon talk made me think- I wonder if I should make Odin a buff bot with my spare Ninian's Fresh Bouquet? Built-in Hone Spd that also benefits self for more bulk, then maybe Hone Atk or a Tactic skill in C slot or SS slot? Although I'm hesitant to actually pull the trigger...plus Chill Atk is a rare skill as well. Flying dancers are also rare so keeping multiples is also good..

Seasonals are not my area of knowledge at all, you know. They don’t exist in my world. There are no flying dancers.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oh this random Odin idea just ditches the idea of attacking and will be more support haha, since he is more of a survivor. Or Tempest Trial support if I give him Renewal + Reciprocal Aid.

But yeah just a random idea since I just properly read Fresh Bouquet's effect for the first time.

But yeah I saw an Owl Odin with Close Counter in arena last week. I think I forgot to friend the person though..

Odin would need the tome equivalent of Eirikas refined sword. Would be cool to get a summer Odin with a working set. 

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There are no flying dancers.

Didn't you arrange yourself with the existence of NY!Azura? I thought she wasn't too seasonal-ish. 

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Seasonals are not my area of knowledge at all, you know. They don’t exist in my world. There are no flying dancers.

I guess I just wanted to try and make different set suggestions for Odin since the subject of him was brought up. At least some of the seasonal weapons can make for some interesting effects, like the BoL dancer tomes.

I really want to find a nice niche for him. Or wait for when he gets a weapon upgrade....still waiting on him, Lon'qu and Sully...

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Didn't you arrange yourself with the existence of NY!Azura? I thought she wasn't too seasonal-ish. 

Yeah, because hanetsuki isn’t a Japanese traditional game that is traditionally played with hagoita at the New Year.
And New Year totally isn’t a real life holiday, not at all.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, because hanetsuki isn’t a Japanese traditional game that is traditionally played with hagoita at the New Year.
And New Year totally isn’t a real life holiday, not at all.

Ignorance raises own happiness. 

Didn't know about Hanetsuki, but New Year festivities could happen in any fantasy setting without totally falling out of role. 

30 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ignorance raises own happiness. 

Didn't know about Hanetsuki, but New Year festivities could happen in any fantasy setting without totally falling out of role. 

My ignorance for the seasonals is my bliss.

In any fantasy setting based on Japan, you mean.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My ignorance for the seasonals is my bliss.

Well, it seems to upset you from time to time. I meant my ignorance for holes in stories and inconsistencies in settings. 

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In any fantasy setting based on Japan, you mean.

It's not Japan exclusive. Don't you celebrate new year yourself? 

If I only could remember the name of that medieval fantasy story I read, mentioning a new years festivity. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Well, it seems to upset you from time to time. I meant my ignorance for holes in stories and inconsistencies in settings. 

It's not Japan exclusive. Don't you celebrate new year yourself? 

Intsys works hard, doing their collective best to keep me bitter.

When you are wearing kimonos and utilise hagoita and kadomatsu, I’d be inclined to believe whatever you are celebrating comes from Japan.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

When you are wearing kimonos and utilise hagoita and kadomatsu, I’d be inclined to believe whatever you are celebrating comes from Japan.

I thought the Hoshido theme was more or less based on feudal Japan. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

I thought the Hoshido theme was more or less based on feudal Japan. 

It was, yes, and here we have it, the source of inspiration.

…What are we arguing about, anyway?

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

…What are we arguing about, anyway?

No idea. ^^

I you want to change subject, I have some suggestions

1. salt (I just blew all my orbs for nothing) 
  2. more salt (no orbs left for the summer banner) 
  3. memes (I want to change my avatar since weeks but I'm too lazy) 
  4. blessings (I should distribute fire blessings for AA today, but I'm hesitant)
  5. blame IS (why can't there be little daily story elements/snippets? They won't need Steven Spielberg for something like that)
  6. football

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

No idea. ^^

I you want to change subject, I have some suggestions

1. salt (I just blew all my orbs for nothing) 
  2. more salt (no orbs left for the summer banner) 
  3. memes (I want to change my avatar since weeks but I'm too lazy) 
  4. blessings (I should distribute fire blessings for AA today, but I'm hesitant)
  5. blame IS (why can't there be little daily story elements/snippets? They won't need Steven Spielberg for something like that)
  6. football

I think I was arguing that New Year’s Azura is more “seasonal” than Performing Arts Azura because the former’s design and premises are based on out-of-world inspiration, and the latter’s on in-world one.

I keep getting three-star Robins, Rodies, and Reinhardts instead of even one bloody Shanna or, Naga forbid, Linde. I’ve reached 4% again and am not going to get yet another coveted hero. The gacha doesn’t like me. Thankfully, I wasn’t going to pull on the summer banner anyway, but I can fell for those who were and are. At least there will be how many, twelve?, orbs from the paralogue. Isn’t the voting gauntlet around that time as well?

Speaking of the summer banner, I’m a bit disappointed that Mayo seems to have completely hijacked Cordelia from Yumehito Ueda. Not that I don’t like Mayo’s Cordelias or her art overall, but I was among the handful of weirdos who actually liked (and still do like) Ueda’s art for her and the rest of the gang. Oh well.

Any ideas about whom to switch for? It’s arguably easier to change userpics for me because cats and everything.

Blessings have been a stupid idea since their introduction in November, and them pushing these even harder with every update doesn’t help. Then again, it’s likely the blessings that allowed me to break the 5,000 mark in arena assault today. Then again, barely a dozen of my participating units actually uses the blessings. Or is this week water/fire?

You’re asking for daily story when they can’t even manage monthly story.

I’m not even watching football this time around yet. Maybe later, when the group stage is over?

I found on Reddit leak from the next banner but I don't want to upload because I try understand the spoiler system of this site on my phone (if you want I can try)