Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

I will free pick Eliwood and dump for Micaiah. Because dual effectiveness is stupendous 

Edit: Irony is...Camilla looks almost exactly how I drew her as Queen of Nohr.

With Naga its Triple effectivness!!!!. Just make a Team of all 3 Micaiahs and Nagas and you will basicly kill anything that isnt Infantry or Flying related lol.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

43 minutes ago, Hilda said:

With Naga its Triple effectivness!!!!. Just make a Team of all 3 Micaiahs and Nagas and you will basicly kill anything that isnt Infantry or Flying related lol.

But I have a choice of bow fliers to cover that. Or give HS!Camilla Poison Dagger+ for the...you know what? That's exactly what I'm going to do. Make a flier exclusive team that's effective against everything. 

20 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

But I have a choice of bow fliers to cover that. Or give HS!Camilla Poison Dagger+ for the...you know what? That's exactly what I'm going to do. Make a flier exclusive team that's effective against everything. 

Poison Daggers Base Might might be too low nowadays with the increased base stats. BathCam basicly will only be able to kill Infantry units and prolly not even all of them 😕 and agaiinst everyone else she will just suck 😕

6ce2cf5b1de1004c398d32aa6dfb3b3adfc4b7da

Hit a new orb stash high score in time for the Sketchy Summer rerun.

Edit: Did some more orb hunting to get up to 633, then jumped in. Ended up taking 254 orbs to get Linde, so I'm at 379 now. Also pulled red until about midway through, then decided it was getting to be more trouble than it was worth.

My other 5* pickups were three duplicates: Super Reinhardt, regular Takumi, and regular Elise, none of whom I particularly need. Takumi can be Close Counter fodder, I guess, if I ever actually want that skill. Maybe for Spring Camilla, but I've been finding her more effective with Desperation + Brash Assault than with Vantage.

I guess it's reasonably within expected parameters, but was a rather painful summoning session while it was happening. At least I have Linde now, and her nature (+Atk, -HP) seems very good.

Edited by Othin

I know it used to come up a semi-decent little bit, but... do you think having the ability to trade units or combat manuals ever has a chance?

I mean, I usually just merge or book any 5*s I get, but if I knew I could send them off to someone who'd appreciate them, unlike me who both hordes manuals and frequently gets 5* units I have little reason wanting (already 5*, don't need the skills), then I'd have already sold them all off.
Hell, I still have the +Atk -HP Dimitri I summoned on Three Houses day 1 just in case the next big revelation was unit trading/selling.

33 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I know it used to come up a semi-decent little bit, but... do you think having the ability to trade units or combat manuals ever has a chance?

I mean, I usually just merge or book any 5*s I get, but if I knew I could send them off to someone who'd appreciate them, unlike me who both hordes manuals and frequently gets 5* units I have little reason wanting (already 5*, don't need the skills), then I'd have already sold them all off.
Hell, I still have the +Atk -HP Dimitri I summoned on Three Houses day 1 just in case the next big revelation was unit trading/selling.

I am leaning towards a no since it might be have a huge impact on revenue as players can just spam new accounts for free Orbs. They can mitigate that with restrictions and maybe even monetizing Hero trading, but I am not sure if that would be enough to offset the potential loss.

But yes, as a player, I do wish I can trade Heroes. I am more than willing to trade some of my 5* Heroes for limited 1* and 2* Heroes that I sent home.

I don't see trading happening, but I could perhaps see trade-ins, swapping your unwanted heroes for a heavily restricted set of rewards possibly including heroes, naturally at a disadvantageous exchange rate. Anything better than Send Home really.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I don't see the ability to trade units ever becoming a thing, but with the current lootbox climate, I wouldn't be surprised if a mechanic to trade in unwanted 5-stars for some currency to buy 5-star-exclusive units would be implemented.

Fate/Grand Order, for example, already has this mechanic implemented, albeit with a beyond abysmally terrible exchange rate (to the point where any description of how bad it is is a gross understatement).

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't see the ability to trade units ever becoming a thing, but with the current lootbox climate, I wouldn't be surprised if a mechanic to trade in unwanted 5-stars for some currency to buy 5-star-exclusive units would be implemented.

Fate/Grand Order, for example, already has this mechanic implemented, albeit with a beyond abysmally terrible exchange rate (to the point where any description of how bad it is is a gross understatement).

Is that viable in a game where it's easy to upgrade lower-rarity units to 5*?

@Anacybele, @Xenomata, and whoever else wondering about Nohrian Summer and A Sketchy Summer Foci, in case you have not wandered into the Summoning menu yet, they are back!

I think it is pretty safe to say that all Special Heroes will get reruns, so you just got to be patient. Hopefully you guys saved enough Orbs for whatever you wanted to pull while you were waiting!

Edited by XRay

@XRay Nope! But for some reason this time round I got a much larger number of tolerable 5* pitybreakers than the usual "summon for at least $80 usd worth of orbs only to be pity broken by a singular unit I already have at +10 with skill fodder I don't want, repeat 3 more times until desired unit is acquired". Like, I got the last Innes needed to get him to +10.

I'm just thankful this is going to be one of the last times I need to "whale". Last time will be Halloween when I go to get Halloween Jakob and Henry, the last Year 1 units I need before I'm all done collecting units.
Maybe when the time comes I'll go out with a bang and +10 Witchy Nowi...

I really want to continue trying for Claude, my rate is at 4%. I know, however, that the hero fest banner is TOO good to pass up! I am going to use my tickets and spend some orbs on red before going back to Claude hunting...

15 hours ago, Othin said:

Is that viable in a game where it's easy to upgrade lower-rarity units to 5*?

I believe it is. Promoting a unit to 5-star rarity isn't exactly cheap, and feathers spent doing so for the purpose of obtaining this currency necessarily must come at the cost of feathers spent for merges or Skill Inheritance. I think it should be possible to balance the amount of currency required to trade for a copy of a wanted character to a point where the cost in merges or Skill Inheritance is meaningful to the player so that they actually have to decide if they're going to spend their feathers on one or the other.

It's also possible to put a limit on the number of times you can redeem this currency, at least for the first few months, so that players with huge piles of past unwanted 5-star units and manuals can't just trade them all right off the bat

Was so scared of doing the Chain Challenges for Book 1 that I had remaining - that is, the Tellius and Valentia ones. Turned out I had nothing to worry about, managed to mow them down with a single team. So that's Book 1 done, and Book 2 is almost done, I'm just reluctant to waste stamina on the final one that has Flylivia and Lene maps back-to-back. Maybe I should just skip ahead to Book 3...

Unfortunately the orbs gained thus far have given me nothing but a 4.25% pity rate on Summer Returns. I'm going to struggle to spend any orbs on Hero Fest with my tickets all still intact.

. . . I just realized. I forgot to finish the Forging Bonds. So all I have is the EX Hat from Byleth! How could I have forgotten?! I also forgot to keep up with the Voting Guantlet, but that has been happening for a while. As long as I get the orbs, I don't care.

Edited by Usana

13 minutes ago, Usana said:

. . . I just realized. I forgot to finish the Forging Bonds. So all I have is the EX Hat from Byleth! How could I have forgotten?! I also forgot to keep up with the Voting Guantlet, but that has been happening for a while. As long as I get the orbs, I don't care.

Ooof that's a bummer. I just remembered it late yesterday myself, there's a lot going on right now.

To be fair, the hat is probably the only accessory worth from that batch anyway 😛 (the ribbons look strange on people's heads).

Surprised the new Forging Bonds is for the new units and not the CYL3 heroes (will they get a Tempest Trial? Maybe TT Anna alt as a consolation sort of like L!Marth?)

Oh and with Petra coming in FEH, one could make a team of units who try hard at speaking fluently: Petra, Leanne, Mordecai and Athena.

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oh and with Petra coming in FEH, one could make a team of units who try hard at speaking fluently: Petra, Leanne, Mordecai and Athena.

Oh boy, that is a nice idea. Kind of glad that Petra is not another Sword Fighter. Because that gives her the chance to work better together with Athena. I keep it in mind pulling on the next banner. But Hilda is also nice DX. Dang for a long while I could easily save up but now one bait after another.

Just now, Stroud said:

Oh boy, that is a nice idea. Kind of glad that Petra is not another Sword Fighter. Because that gives her the chance to work better together with Athena. I keep it in mind pulling on the next banner. But Hilda is also nice DX. Dang for a long while I could easily save up but now one bait after another.

Petra's weapon type surprised me, but not being a sword infantry is a good thing in the end.

Hilda would've interested me if she was a different version. Didn't think I'd like her that much when playing but her supports are really nice, hopefully they come across a bit in Feh and that she's reduced to being a lazy charmer too much.

I'm just lucky Caspar/Sylvain wasn't in yet. I need time to save orbs.

29 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Right?

For me... No Sylvain, no Caspar, no Ashe and no Lysithea means no orbs to be spent in this banner.

My free summon and tickets will go to Hubert, and that's all.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Right?

For me... No Sylvain, no Caspar, no Ashe and no Lysithea means no orbs to be spent in this banner.

My free summon and tickets will go to Hubert, and that's all.

My sentiment exactly, even then, Hubert looks more appealing as fodder tome.

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Petra's weapon type surprised me, but not being a sword infantry is a good thing in the end.

Hilda would've interested me if she was a different version. Didn't think I'd like her that much when playing but her supports are really nice, hopefully they come across a bit in Feh and that she's reduced to being a lazy charmer too much.

Yeah this is a nice and good surprise. Her being a sword user. 

Hilda is really nice and I started to like her later on in my Golden Deer run. She did help out so much and I found her supports nice and her way. xD And I hope that the conversations in FEH do her right. But we will see. Only shame for me is that we got catered with female Axe Infantry with Edelgard. And now another one so close by. I like that we get quite a few now but almost to close. What if they release Rinkah soon...

Sometimes its just better to not have any baits. And I think we will see a next 3H banner soon enough. I really need to manage that I pick my baits carefully. 

I think they might wait with characters like Caspar. Because they could bring him with introducing Gauntlets. To me also one of the likable. 

Edited by Stroud