Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well Celica was the boss last Tempest Trials, and going from the convo at the end of the last Tempest Trials, it's very likely Alm will be a final boss.

Masked Marth mentioned how the Celica in the last Trials was a fake one and goes with Alm to go to the real Celica's world to fight what is likely to be a fake Alm

if they do have Alm as a final boss I wonder what his other skills could be. Last TT's Celica had Desperation which had an interesting synergy if she had lowered health when you try again and with Ragnarok.

I guess they'll give Alm Distant Counter so he's not an easy ranged unit bait. Or Distant Defence or maybe even Life and Death/Darting Blow + Windsweep with inflated boss stats or something (i think Celica kept all her native skills and just had empty slots filled? If so then Alm will have Windsweep)

Assuming Alm is the boss this time and he doesn't have any of his default skills replaced, I'd assume they'd just give him a boost to his base Spd stat (since his A slot is filled with Attack +3) and put Phantom Spd 1 on his S slot.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming Alm is the boss this time and he doesn't have any of his default skills replaced, I'd assume they'd just give him a boost to his base Spd stat (since his A slot is filled with Attack +3) and put Phantom Spd 1 on his S slot.

I assume he'll still be Delthea/Linde bait?

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ah right forgot he had Attack+3. Maybe he'll get Threaten Speed if they really want to go Windsweep then.

Then he'll be surrounded by an infantry ranged and cavalry range and he will be on a fort tile for maximum annoyance. Tough luck if your blue mage has to get in range of an archer/green mage just to get to Alm.

27 minutes ago, Kaden said:

In Echoes or Heroes? In Echoes, Tipton is credited for Clair and Palla on IMDB; Bailey never appears since she never worked in Echoes as far I know -- maybe she auditioned before. In Heroes, Tipton is credited for Clair and bunny and masked Lucina while Bailey goes uncredited for regular Lucina and Palla, but FE Heroes' gamepedia page lists Bailey for regular Lucina and Palla

Bailey is only credited as Palla on the IMDB page for Heroes. Her personal page on IMDB also claims she only voices Palla, but who the hell knows aside from Bailey herself. Perhaps it is just something we'll never find out for certain like whether or not Walden James is an actual guy or just a pseudonym.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Blue mage final boss this time, please. We already fought a green mage and a red mage.

Loki posing as Bruno? That's the only reasonable option I can think of for a blue mage boss for these upcoming trials, what with where the main plot is and all.

Edited by Tybrosion

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Loki posing as Bruno? That's the only reasonable option I can think of for a blue mage boss for these upcoming trials, what with where the main plot is and all.

Speaking of Bruno, I wonder whether we will actually get Fimbulvetr on Limstella or Sonia. Valaskjálf already looks very much like GBA-era Fimbulvetr.

I just want my playable Fimbulvetr, IS. Damn it.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of Bruno, I wonder whether we will actually get Fimbulvetr on Limstella or Sonia. Valaskjálf already looks very much like GBA-era Fimbulvetr.

I just want my playable Fimbulvetr, IS. Damn it.

I want Thoron+ already. It bothers me no one has it.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Shadow Dragon banner with Midia, Astram, Arlen, and Lena. Make it happen, IS.

Yeah, we're also kinda missing Mercurius while we have the rest of the Archanean regalia aren't we? Since they gave Parthia to Jeorge, Astram would very likely be the one who gets Mercurius. Too bad he probably won't be showing up anytime soon since we just got an Archanean banner not too terribly long ago, but who knows with IS.

6 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah I just saw that and thought it was pretty cool. He usually points out how impractical fantasy/game weapons are, so it's interesting somebody actually shaped one up to be more realistically usable. (Also neat to see somebody else here that watches his videos) It sure is funny-looking to see such a slim Armorslayer.

Yeah I was so surprised I thought Skall never even heard of Fire Emblem, so when I saw the video pop-up in my feed I was like "whaaaaaaaaaaa?" It was so cool to see him transform that practically a Dragonslayer (from Berserk) into a viable weapon.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

That is still pretty heavy though! It is as heavy as two swords! I am glad they tried to make it more viable, but I still see that sword more as a side arm to be used in specific situations rather than as a general purpose main weapon like a normal sword.

Oh yeah no doubt. I would never use that thing in a 1 on 1 duel or anything of the sort. I would keep it around and potentially use it if I was in a English 13th or 14th century war however, maybe even 15th.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Also, there is or was -- not sure -- a voice actor strike that started in October 2016: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_video_game_voice_actor_strike. Not sure on the exact details, but it could explain some things.

That definitely would explain a lot. Looks like it's still going on, too. If I'm not mistaken, the pseudonyms are for getting contractual work with the companies the union isn't in dispute with, while being on strike with their regular name.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

That definitely would explain a lot. Looks like it's still going on, too. If I'm not mistaken, the pseudonyms are for getting contractual work with the companies the union isn't in dispute with, while being on strike with their regular name.

@KadenBut from the looks of things, Nintendo isn't one of the companies affected by strike. Based on what I looked up, they aren't among the companies aimed at by the strike which include Activision, EA, WB Games, Take Two... I think it's just the usual union business that is the reason for the pseudonyms.

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

@KadenBut from the looks of things, Nintendo isn't one of the companies affected by strike. Based on what I looked up, they aren't among the companies aimed at by the strike which include Activision, EA, WB Games, Take Two... I think it's just the usual union business that is the reason for the pseudonyms.

Right, that's what I'm saying; if Nintendo were one of the companies hit by the strike, we wouldn't be getting these well-known voice actors for all these current Fire Emblem games. People only use pseudonyms when union rules keep them from using their union name. Being on strike would normally mean they're not working at all, but they can still get union contracts with Nintendo and other companies by using pseudonyms.

Dang it these banners want my orbs. After watching a few videos I've weighed the value of the summer units. I have Nino and Soren so I don't need Elise. I can live without Xander's C Skill and Leo is terribad so after I blow whatever orbs I earn on trying to get S!Tiki before that expires I'm going to grab S!Corrin ASAP pulling only blues and leave that banner.

Tempest Banner is amazing, another shot and Gray AND Another Delthea and even Celica to fill the void that is currently my *5 Red mages (Sonia is icing on the cake really). So I need to save up for that and then there's Hero fest which is IKE (who I REALLY want) AND Ninian (who I want less than Azura but blue dancer is blue dancer.) with Genny as a bonus.

Too many fantastic banners to blow orbs on the summer one. Grab Corrin and get out, that's the plan.

Assault this assault that... buh,this game seriously wants us to blew orbs and grind lots of different unit. It's like asking me to collect all the s rank units... *sigh* better make a priority list. And Summer Corrin is obviously there. 

Also,I don't like how the weekly events is going. At this rate we will have BHB at the first week of the month,then 5 days break,then a new GHB ,then a Ghb rerun. My worry is that they are decreasing the amount of characters introduced to the game each month as well the slots for GHB reruns. Sure,there is 1 more character added by being the Tempest gift, but if you're counting only the villains,only 1 per month isn't enough. 

Also,on my analysis of the "gameplay update",that they give pre-Tellius assassins dagger ,i think at this rate they will give wyvern riders pre-tellius axes,unless they have unique weapon,like Travant,Arion,Altena,or Ashnard. 

@Zeo Yeah I feel that pain, the whole seasonal mage flier is really such an orb train (I wish this was after the summoning changes/free first summon change)

Also your phone is working again?

And yeah my lack of 5 star is showing on my main account with the Assault maps. I think I'll struggle whenever Arena Assault comes, I only have a few good 5 stars. I wish it was more like Tempest Trials where I can use them in the next arena battle, so at least I'll have a better chance.

DGDm9H7UwAIU1QM.jpg

Half-year anniversary celebration events are outlined on this calendar, with events in blue, summoning events in green, log-in bonuses in yellow, and quests in grey:

August 1st to 7th: Battle on the Beach voting gauntlet;
August 7th to 14th: Cecilia and Lilina bound hero battle;
August 14th to 21st: Legion grand hero battle rerun;
August 21st to 29st: Valter grand hero battle;

August 11th to 25th: tempest trials;
August 23th to September 10th: turn limit special map(s);
August 27th to September 17th: daily special map(s);

August 10th to 18th: Starter Support Hero Fest;

August 18th to September 8th: training tower daily quests;

August 10th to 25th: Starter Support log-in bonus;

August 26th to September 16th: sacred seals quests rerun;

August 7th to 22th: daily log-in bonus part 1;
August 22th to September 11th: daily log-in bonus part 2.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

DGDm9H7UwAIU1QM.jpg

Half-year anniversary celebration events are outlined on this calendar:

August 1st to 7th: Battle on the Beach voting gauntlet;
August 7th to 14th: Cecilia and Lilina bound hero battle;
August 14th to 21st: Legion grand hero battle rerun;
August 21st to 29st: Valter grand hero battle;

August 11th to 25th: tempest trials;
August 23th to September 10th: turn limit special map(s);
August 27th to September 17th: daily special map(s);

August 10th to 18th: Starter Support Hero Fest

August 10th to 25th: Starter Support log-in bonus;

August 26th to September 16th: sacred seals quests rerun;

August 7th to 22th: daily log-in bonus part 1;
August 22h to September 11th: daily log-in bonus part 2.

They rerun Legion in the middle of a Tempest? I mean, what's the point?

...Looks like pretty much every month in this game to me. I don't see anything particularly special that makes this an anniversary thing aside from that starter pack Hero Fest banner.

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

They rerun Legion in the middle of a Tempest? I mean, what's the point?

They reran Zephiel in the middle of the first tempest. Nothing prevents them.

Legion during a Tempest Trials again? Gee, guess I'll just go straight to a video guide for those.

Also, Hero Fest sooner than the bulk of daily orbs, looks like I'll have to be careful with orbs since my stock is a bit lower than I want right now, although I guess early Tempest Trial rewards might give inject more orbs

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

They reran Zephiel in the middle of the first tempest. Nothing prevents them.

The problem being that Legion ran during a Tempest the first time, and the people that missed him were probably too busy doing that to get him. The QoL is nice, but...