"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Haha...that's the same as my Ephraim. I heard good things about Lancebreaker/Quick Riposte +Tri adept. Sadly I don't have the components for that. He works well with Moonbow +Quickened pulse as it allows him to ORKO any sword unit that comes to attack him. So he's great bait. Though I mainly use him as a buffbot/ reposition for my Nino. 

I have one Subaki left for QR 3, and I also have Narcian for LB 3. I want to keep him as a buff bot for my Nino, but I also want him to be a good sword slayer before the lance. Sadly, I do not have the Quickened Pulse seal, so I'm at a loss.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I pulled Eldigan and promoted Reinhardt today, which inspired me to finally make a dedicated horse team. I'm no good at the whole skill inheritance thing so I wanted to ask opinions here.

For now I'm working on these characters:

Eldigan 5☆: Mystletainn, Swap, Growing Light, Fury 3, Axebreaker 3, Ward Cavalry

Reinhardt 5☆: Dire Thunder, Blazing Thunder, Darting Blow 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cavalry

Camus 4☆: Silver Lance, Growing Thunder*, Grani's Shield, Seal Speed 3, Goad Cavalry*

Priscilla 4☆: Panic*, Rehabilitate, Solid Earth Balm*, Spur Def 3*

Cecilia 4☆: Gronnraven, Rally Resistance*, Glacies, Attack +3*, Escape Route 3*, ???*

The starred skills are the ones I'm unsure of though general advice is welcome. Not sure about natures either unfortunately... though I could post stats if that helps.

Edited by Book Bro

15 minutes ago, Book Bro said:
Spoiler

So I pulled Eldigan and promoted Reinhardt today, which inspired me to finally make a dedicated horse team. I'm no good at the whole skill inheritance thing so I wanted to ask opinions here.

For now I'm working on these characters:

Eldigan 5☆: Mystletainn, Swap, Growing Light, Fury 3, Axebreaker 3, Ward Cavalry

Reinhardt 5☆: Dire Thunder, Blazing Thunder, Darting Blow 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cavalry

Camus 4☆: Silver Lance, Growing Thunder*, Grani's Shield, Seal Speed 3, Goad Cavalry*

Priscilla 4☆: Panic*, Rehabilitate, Solid Earth Balm*, Spur Def 3*

Cecilia 4☆: Gronnraven, Rally Resistance*, Glacies, Attack +3*, Escape Route 3*, ???*

The starred skills are the ones I'm unsure of though general advice is welcome. Not sure about natures either unfortunately... though I could post stats if that helps.

For the most kills, here are the following builds:

Eldigan +Atk, -Res
Mystletainn, Bonfire
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 101:26:19

Reinhardt +Atk, -Spd
Dire Thunder, Moonbow
Death Blow, Lancebreaker
Player Phase 118:8:20

Camus
Brave Lance+, Luna
Life and Death, Lancebreaker
Player Phase 113:7:26

Camus
Gradivus, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 112:5:29

Cecilia +Spd -Def
Gronnblade, Moonbow
Life and Death, Desperation
Player Phase 41:10:95
Player Phase with Hone Cavalry 119:8:19
Player Phase with Hone Cavalry and Fortify Cavalry 134:2:10

Cecilia +Atk -Def/-Res
Gronnraven, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase (-Def) 47:52:47
Enemy Phase (-Res) 46:55:45 (Useful against Brave Bow builds.)

I would not use Priscilla. I would run H/F Cav on C Passive. Reposition is my favorite Assist, but Swap and Draw Back are good too.

Player Phase A Passives can be substituted with Swift Sparrow, Death Blow, and Fury. Enemy Phase A Passives can be substituted with Fury. H/F Cav can be substituted with G/W Cav; however, Blade tomes need H/F to work.

@Book Bro Adding onto what @XRay Posted, I'd suggest Draw Back on Reinhardt and Cecilia, then Swap on Eldigan and Reposition on Camus.

Since Eldigan and Cecilia tend to be used more defensively, particularly if the latter uses a Raven Adept build, I would have Fortify Cavalry passed on to Reinhardt and Camus in order to provide the former two with defensive buffs, which they will want more. Eldigan and Cecilia can then take Hone Cavalry to improve Camus and Reinhardt's offense.

I'd also suggest giving the Quick Pulse sacred seal to either Eldigan or Reinhardt; with it, the former can proc Ignis in a single round of combat with Quick Riposte while the latter can use a 1 CD Moonbow for the added punch at the start of a match, though this tends to work better for surprising people on Arena Defense. I'd go with Draconic Aura, in that case.

Edited by MrSmokestack

So how do people make armors work in teams? I've never legitimately used an armor in a team since I've progressed and gotten good at the game. But Effie has just become my second 5 star Lance. Lukas is maxed on HM and has loads of SP for his eventual Quick Riposte 3 but aside from that he's pretty much done.

How do you typically use an Armor without them lagging behind and doing virtually nothing? Pivot I'm assuming, but then what's with all these swap and Reposition armors I see in arena? Is that only for defense teams? What's the best way to utilize (and mostly get around with) armors?

Oh, and what type of units do armors like to hang around besides dancers? Keep in mind Effie is a blue.

@XRay @MrSmokestack wow that's a lot of advice, I'll keep it in mind. Seems like I should change the offensive skills on most if not all of them. Draw Back is definitely on my mind for assists.

As for Priscilla, I know healers are pretty shit so maybe you're right. I do have Frederick, Jagen, Ursula, and Xander lying around so maybe I'll train Fred and Ursula up to be sub-ins.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

How do you typically use an Armor without them lagging behind and doing virtually nothing? Pivot I'm assuming, but then what's with all these swap and Reposition armors I see in arena? Is that only for defense teams? What's the best way to utilize (and mostly get around with) armors?

Oh, and what type of units do armors like to hang around besides dancers? Keep in mind Effie is a blue.

Pivot outside of Armor Emblem, Swap in Armor Emblem. Goad / Ward stacking works well with Armors especially when defending, since they tend to stick together constantly. However, their enemy phase tends to be lacking without Distant Counter.

The best and most flexible armors by far are Effie, Zephiel, and Hector. The former two are extremely difficult to OHKO outside of weaponbreakers while the latter has innate Quick Riposte to pair alongside Vantage, which makes them relatively easy to fit on teams that want the added bulk. The others aren't bad per se, but Armor Emblem makes them much more viable--Draug is actually pretty fast with Hone Armor and LaD / Fury / Swift Sparrow once you take off his Brave Sword, for example.

I ran Pivot Effie for the longest time in Arena, and it makes putting your units in a position to tank much easier. Brave Lance is also an option though I prefer Silver+ for the higher counterattack damage.

I never personally used Armors with Dancers, since ranged ones tend to make better use of that extra turn. Just keep them close to the team as an aggro-magnet and they'll do their job.

6 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

As for Priscilla, I know healers are pretty shit so maybe you're right.

Not quite. Rehabilitate is an incredible healing skill that can bring units back from the brink, but they do suffer from a lack of offensive prescence. However, this can be remedied with Hone Cavalry buffs backed by Wrathful Staff to remove the 1/2 damage penalty. This makes Elise in particular a fairly attractive option for Horse Emblem though she is admittedly very expensive to optimize.

Frederick runs a pretty mean Death Blow + Brave Axe set while Ursula is a highly potent Blárblade user on a budget, so investing in those two wouldn't be a bad choice so long as you can spare the needed feathers.

I have a +spd/-def spring!chrom.  I'm thinking of building him as a healer with renewal and ardent sacrifice.  Is this a good idea?  My thought is he should survive hits from most units w/ his res, hp, and def.  Then what in his A slot, Triangle Adept?

Otherwise, how can I utilize his +spd/-def nature to the most potential.  I think it's a fairly good nature, but not perfect.

22 hours ago, Rinco said:

After I get my Cecilia to 5*, which may be soon if TT gives me some feathers, I'm thiking of working on a Blade Ursula.

The only thing holding me back is that I already have Olwen built (Dire Thunder, L&D, Desperation) and could easily giver her the Blade (when I get the feathers to promote Odin, of course) and she would be set to use either way I wanted, or even keeping her on Blade build, since I also have Reinhardt. But modes like TT, Squad Assault and Chain Challenge make you want to have lots of units that fill similar roles. Going with Ursula would cost me 40k Feathers (20k for Odin, 20k for Ursula) and for Olwen it would be only the 20k for Odin.

Am I right to go ahead on the Blade Ursula plan or should I just stick the Blarblade on Olwen and call it a day? 

Anyone?

9 hours ago, Lushen said:

I have a +spd/-def spring!chrom.  I'm thinking of building him as a healer with renewal and ardent sacrifice.  Is this a good idea?  My thought is he should survive hits from most units w/ his res, hp, and def.  Then what in his A slot, Triangle Adept?

Otherwise, how can I utilize his +spd/-def nature to the most potential.  I think it's a fairly good nature, but not perfect.

Brave Axe, Dragon Fang/Luna
Life and Death, Axebreaker
Player Phase (DF) 108:11:27
Player Phase (Luna) 105:11:30

Falchion users are the best non-staff healers. Non-Falchion, non-staff units take too long to recharge their HP to do significant healing.

You want to use Reciprocal Aid for healing. Ardent Sacrifice is for low-HP units to reach Desperation range; its healing is inferior.

@Rinco Go with Ursula. More good units are better than one versatile unit.

Edited by XRay

I currently have around 40,000 feathers and a bunch of units I want to promote to 5 star. But I was wondering which ones would be most useful for Tempest Trials (or really in general)?

+Atk/-Def Selena

+Atk/-Res Subaki

+Spd/-Def Hana

+Def/-Res Peri

53 minutes ago, Carter said:

I currently have around 40,000 feathers and a bunch of units I want to promote to 5 star. But I was wondering which ones would be most useful for Tempest Trials (or really in general)?

+Atk/-Def Selena

+Atk/-Res Subaki

+Spd/-Def Hana

+Def/-Res Peri

I'm pretty sure out of all these units, Hana has the best matchup spread off the top of my head

+Def Peri DEFINITELY isn't worth it. +Atk Subaki is... okay, but there are better spear users you can use than him. Selena is alright, but since Hana has innate life and death, I think that's what you want to do, especially if you want a desperation brave sword set!

So I have hit a bit of a brick wall now. I have a full team of 5 stars, but 2 of them arent max level. They are close though. Currently my team is a 5 star Male Robin with Defiant Speed 3, R Tomebreaker 1, and Spur Def 3. A 5 star Nowi max level with Defense +3, Threaten Res 3, and Seak Res 1. A 5 star Raven lvl 33 with Defiant Speed 1 and HP +3. and 5 star Tharja lvl 34 with Darting Blow 3 and Spur Res 3.

I imagine me hitting a brick wall is fully on me here, so I am curious what I need to do. I cant move past a lot, I can barely complete lunatic. One of the biggest issues I imagine is my skills suck, like really suck. So first question is what do I need to do about skills? What skills do I need to look for, what are skills to avoid? I also imagine my team make up is bad. I have a good variety in units to throw in, and it isnt hard to up a 4 star. Out of some of the others I have leveled, I have a 3 star Beruka and Selena in the 20s, a 4 star Camus lvl 22, a lvl 38 Chrom, and a lvl 37 Camilla sitting on the bench at the moment with a ton of other lvl 1s of varying ranks and types.

Also, I would love some tips in general. How do I get better at this game, its not exactly like your typical Fire Emblem.

@Tolvir

Stat-up skills are always a safe bet with the exception of Defiant Skills; the 50% HP threshold is difficult to set up and doesn't offer much return except on sets that explicity utilize it, like Brash Assault Lyn. Atk +3, Spd +3, Fury, and Triangle Adept are pretty safe choices for A skills when on a budget, though for many units Life and Death 3 tends to be the best A passive overall--but this comes at the cost of it being rare and expensive to obtain.

Any skills that can alter the flow of combat, like Vantage, Quick Riposte, and Desperation are valuable B skills to look for. Drag Back and Hit and Run offer neat positional utility as well. Seal skills are mostly ineffective since ideally you want to KO whatever it is you're attacking rather than leaving it weakened.

There is no real wrong choice for your C Passive, but the most popular ones are Hone / Spur Atk and Hone / Spur Spd. It really depends on what your team is and what you want each individual member to accomplish.

Assists are huge game-changers and using them correctly is the best way to get better at this game. If you're not sure what to start with, you can always pack a Dancer to give one of your more important units an extra turn, and from there you can move on to the infamous Reposition as well as more niche assists like Draw Back for ranged units, Swap for defensive units, and Pivot for armored units. Assists open up a ton of options with which to approach maps, so try to utilize all of them.

Special skills are just stat checks so there isn't much issue picking the right one for your units.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

+Atk/-Def Selena

+Atk/-Res Subaki

+Spd/-Def Hana

+Def/-Res Peri

Nothing wrong with saving your feathers for a GHB/Tempest unit.

Perri isn't very good.  Additionally, she can appear as a 5* randomly.

Hana can be really good, especially with +spd or +atk.  -def is a shame though, you could probably get a better one.

Subaki can be really good in some GHBs and BHBs due to his high def/hp combo and he already knows sapphire lance+

I don't know much about Selena, but looking at her stats, she seems to have a serious problem with attack, but can resist mages.  Personally, I would say Hana is better because Selena has a measly 25 attack.

If you plan on getting Tobin in tempest, the difference between him and Hana/Selena is they have enough speed to use brave weapons.  If you don't plan to use brave weapons, I think Tobin would be better than both of them because they function as duelests and Tobin has a higher bulk without sacrificing too much attack (unlike Selena)

Edited by Lushen

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Tolvir

Stat-up skills are always a safe bet with the exception of Defiant Skills; the 50% HP threshold is difficult to set up and doesn't offer much return except on sets that explicity utilize it, like Brash Assault Lyn. Atk +3, Spd +3, Fury, and Triangle Adept are pretty safe choices for A skills when on a budget, though for many units Life and Death 3 tends to be the best A passive overall--but this comes at the cost of it being rare and expensive to obtain.

Any skills that can alter the flow of combat, like Vantage, Quick Riposte, and Desperation are valuable B skills to look for. Drag Back and Hit and Run offer neat positional utility as well. Seal skills are mostly ineffective since ideally you want to KO whatever it is you're attacking rather than leaving it weakened.

There is no real wrong choice for your C Passive, but the most popular ones are Hone / Spur Atk and Hone / Spur Spd. It really depends on what your team is and what you want each individual member to accomplish.

Assists are huge game-changers and using them correctly is the best way to get better at this game. If you're not sure what to start with, you can always pack a Dancer to give one of your more important units an extra turn, and from there you can move on to the infamous Reposition as well as more niche assists like Draw Back for ranged units, Swap for defensive units, and Pivot for armored units. Assists open up a ton of options with which to approach maps, so try to utilize all of them.

Special skills are just stat checks so there isn't much issue picking the right one for your units.

Thanks, really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

+Atk/-Def Selena

+Atk/-Res Subaki

+Spd/-Def Hana

+Def/-Res Peri

Selena +Atk -Res
Brave Sword, Luna
Life and Death, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 96:6:44
Player Phase (+Atk -Def) 94:11:41

Subaki +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Luna
Player Phase 101:4:41
Player Phase (Merged+10) 98:3:45
Player Phase (+Atk -Def) 102:5:39
Player Phase (Merged+10, +Atk -Def) 98:4:44

Hana +Atk -Res
Brave Sword, Dragon Fang
Player Phase 123:16:7
Player Phase (+Spd -Def) 121:21:4
Player Phase (Merged+10, +Atk -Res) 120:12:14
Player Phase (Merged+10, +Spd -Res) 121:13:12

You can use Luna for lower cool down, but Dragon Fang helps her kill opponents with higher merges than her.

Peri +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Luna
Player Phase 119:18:9
Player Phase (+Def -Res) 113:17:16

Hana gives you the most bang for your buck. Peri is your next best option.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

33 minutes ago, Tolvir said:
Spoiler

So I have hit a bit of a brick wall now. I have a full team of 5 stars, but 2 of them arent max level. They are close though. Currently my team is a 5 star Male Robin with Defiant Speed 3, R Tomebreaker 1, and Spur Def 3. A 5 star Nowi max level with Defense +3, Threaten Res 3, and Seak Res 1. A 5 star Raven lvl 33 with Defiant Speed 1 and HP +3. and 5 star Tharja lvl 34 with Darting Blow 3 and Spur Res 3.

I imagine me hitting a brick wall is fully on me here, so I am curious what I need to do. I cant move past a lot, I can barely complete lunatic. One of the biggest issues I imagine is my skills suck, like really suck. So first question is what do I need to do about skills? What skills do I need to look for, what are skills to avoid? I also imagine my team make up is bad. I have a good variety in units to throw in, and it isnt hard to up a 4 star. Out of some of the others I have leveled, I have a 3 star Beruka and Selena in the 20s, a 4 star Camus lvl 22, a lvl 38 Chrom, and a lvl 37 Camilla sitting on the bench at the moment with a ton of other lvl 1s of varying ranks and types.

Also, I would love some tips in general. How do I get better at this game, its not exactly like your typical Fire Emblem.

I am just going to copy and paste what I said earlier to another person.

On 7/5/2017 at 5:16 PM, XRay said:
Spoiler

The following skills are locked at 5* that I find fun or useful. If it is bolded, it is a skill in high demand or essential for certain teams in my opinion.

Weapon+
Galeforce, Aether
Rally Atk/Spd
Life and Death 3, Swift Sparrow 2, Distant Counter, Close Counter
Dazzling Staff 3, Wrathful Staff 3, Live for Bounty
Hone Flier, Drive Defense 2, Panic Ploy 3, Valor 3

L&D3 is the most important out of them all, since glass cannons should be the core of anyone's team. However, Fury 3 is a very affordable alternative that almost anyone can afford. DC is less important since Camus and Xander are free, and Nowi and A!Tiki are relatively easily obtainable. Hone Flier is only essential in flier teams.

— — — — — — —

The following skills can all be maxed easily using 4* units, and there is no reason to promote anyone to 5* just to get these.

All Specials besides GF and Aether
Ardent Sacrifice, Reciprocal Aid, Positioning Assists, Rally Stat, Rally Def/Res,
Death Blow, Fury, TA
Breaker, Desperation, Poison Strike, Renewal
Breath of Life, Savage Blow, Hone/Fortify Stat, Hone/Fortify Cavalry, Fortify Flier, Goad/Ward Armor

For Breakers, the only exceptions are BTBreaker and Lbreaker. Both can be obtained from 4* GHB units, but they are limited. Lbreaker 2 can be obtained from Arthur 4*.

To get better in this game, just watch strategy videos and practice.

Off the top of my head, you can watch Phoenixmaster1, Mkv., and nstyler play Fire Emblem Heroes on YouTube. This video by Phoenixmaster1 sums up my team and strategy in the Arena.

Level up your Olivia to 4* level 40 as soon as possible and practice using her. If you do not have another Dancer/Singer, level up another Olivia to 4* level 40 as well to help speed up training. Practice using ranged glass cannons like Linde and B!Cordelia. Running two dancers and two glass cannons will help in Tempest Trials as well.

Finally, experimenting around with the calculator will help you spot which units are good and bad instantly by simply looking at its stats. It will also help you understand why certain skills are good or bad.

23 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Peri isn't very good.  Additionally, she can appear as a 5* randomly.

Objection. Peri is pretty great for Horse Emblem since she can run a mean Brave Lance set with her 33/33 offenses. Roderick has 1 more Spd but 2 less Atk, and Abel has 1 less Spd but equal Atk.

Even so, I wouldn't promote this particular Peri because not promoting units with suboptimal natures is more of a rule of thumb rather than an issue with her specifically.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Objection. Peri is pretty great for Horse Emblem since she can run a mean Brave Lance set with her 33/33 offenses. Roderick has 1 more Spd but 2 less Atk, and Abel has 1 less Spd but equal Atk.

Yea but...Camus...

In all seriousness, my reasoning for saying Peri isn't very good is because there are so many units that are exactly like her.  And while decent, there is always Camus who is just better.

As you mentioned, both Roderick and Abel are very similar.  Camus is also very similar but not as much res, significantly more def/hp, and built-in DC.  Peri is better than Sully and Spring!Xander, but needs a good nature to really outshine any of the other lance horsemen.  

She falls in the same boat as many of the flying units.  She is very similar to other units who are all outshined by another unit/units.  In this case, she is outshined by a freebie.  

As for Brave Lance, I personally don't use brave weapons unless I have at least 35 speed.  33 or more speed is very common with just about any major attacking unit so she will get doubled often.  Granted, with a horse emblem team you should be fine because of hone cav, but really any unit can get good w/ horse emblems.

Edited by Lushen

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Selena +Atk -Res
Brave Sword, Luna

Subaki +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Luna

Hana +Atk -Res
Brave Sword, Dragon Fang

You can use Luna for lower cool down, but Dragon Fang helps her kill opponents with higher merges than her.

Peri +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Luna

Off the top of my head, you can watch Phoenixmaster1, Mkv., and nstyler play Fire Emblem Heroes on YouTube. This video by Phoenixmaster1 sums up my team and strategy in the Arena.

Level up your Olivia to 4* level 40 as soon as possible and practice using her. If you do not have another Dancer/Singer, level up another Olivia to 4* level 40 as well to help speed up training. Practice using ranged glass cannons like Linde and B!Cordelia. Running two dancers and two glass cannons will help in Tempest Trials as well.

Finally, experimenting around with the calculator will help you spot which units are good and bad instantly by simply looking at its stats. It will also help you understand why certain skills are good or bad.

Thanks, really appreciate the help.

18 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Yea but...Camus...

In all seriousness, my reasoning for saying Peri isn't very good is because there are so many units that are exactly like her.  And while decent, there is always Camus who is just better.

As you mentioned, both Roderick and Abel are very similar.  Camus is also very similar but not as much res, significantly more def/hp, and built-in DC.  Peri is better than Sully and Spring!Xander, but needs a good nature to really outshine any of the other lance horsemen.  

She falls in the same boat as many of the flying units.  She is very similar to other units who are all outshined by another unit/units.  In this case, she is outshined by a freebie.  

As for Brave Lance, I personally don't use brave weapons unless I have at least 35 speed.  33 or more speed is very common with just about any major attacking unit so she will get doubled often.

Camus plays very differently from Peri though. He has innate DC and can play more defensively as a 1-2 range counter while Peri has a more minmaxed offensive spread including a low HP cap for Desperation. Peri isn't afraid of units that she KO's without giving them a chance to counter.

Peri does eclipse Roderick and Abel already at neutral, and Camus still has 1 less Atk and equal Spd compared to Peri's bases.

If you don't like Peri's glass-ness or having to run a Brave Lance set, there's always Firesweep L+ to negate counters while preserving her speed tier to get more use out of LaD 3.

With that in mind, your more positive evaluation of Hana strikes me as odd. I could just as easily say that she is outclassed by not one but two free units, "Marth" and Lloyd, and is stuck as a red infantry sword in a meta already drowning in them. In contrast, Peri has 3 Mov and a better offensive color which leaves her less vulnerable positionally.

Of course, I think both units are good--I have a +Atk Brave Sword Hana and a +Atk -HP 5* Peri that I could always kit in the future if I could ever spare the needed resources.

Nonetheless, I already mentioned that I wouldn't promote a +Def Peri, so I said no to that anyway.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Selena +Atk -Res
Brave Sword, Luna

Subaki +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Luna

Hana +Atk -Res
Brave Sword, Dragon Fang

Peri +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Luna

Thanks, really appreciate the help.

Has anyone got a B-skill recommendation for a Raven on a budget? For the moment I'm just looking to fill in empty skill slots that will enhance his ability to do his job without having to replace his entire kit. Since the blue gang is starting to take over like a new mob outfit in town, would lancebreaker be decent?

If it matters he's +Spd/-HP.