Kemono Friends Mafia - Game Over

Prims

idk if scanning your scum reads is always the best move as cop, I prefer to scan people who are not particularly townie or scummy to rack up scans on people who won't likely be lynched early on for more use endgame.

Edited by Prims

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Nobody else seemed to agree with me ;-; so I thought that investigating him would have been a waste anyway, since at that point I wasn't sure on my sanity just yet and in order to confirm it we would have to also lynch Shinori, which as you can see would have been a waste, aside from being a chore to do since again, nobody agreed with me.

also I forgot to use my action that day, which is why it RNG'd to Rapier. I then investigated Capps because I wanted to see if I was sane or not. Is that so horrible?
plz dont say yes

For what it's worth, I thought the scan on Green made a lot of sense. You probably should have investigated Shinori instead of SB at the end though. How do you even forget to use your night action?

I think the main problem is that you didn't fully realize this game is a team effort, and you sometimes just need to go along with people, even if you don't fully agree with them. Oh well, you need to start from somewhere right?

@Michelaar A lot has already been said to you, which I agree with, but I do want to mention I thought you played better in this game compared to the last one.

@Rex Glacies I don't know how much you expected to be inactive, but a tip for the next time: If you're not going to be active a lot, make good use of the time you do have.
Not being around much is one thing (several people were pretty inactive), but if you're wasting the time you are around by saying stuff like "I'll post something useful when everyone has posted" it feels like actively abusing your inactivety.

To mafia in general: While the failed nightkills were mostly a case of good play from town, but your targets were pretty predictable. I was able to predict basicly all the NK targets, and I'm not that great at playing mind games, which means most other players (in particular people with protective powers) could have done the same thing. Not saying all your targets were bad, but it's something to keep in mind for future games.

3 minutes ago, Prims said:

idk if scanning your scum reads is always the best move as cop, I prefer to scan people who are not particularly townie or scummy to rack up scans on people who won't likely be lynched early on for more use endgame.

Well, of course, exceptions exist. In this case, though, I really think Arcanite should've just scanned Shinori if he were really so convinced but no one else was agreeing.

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That's the point, though. If no one seems to agree with you, all the more reason to investigate him. If he's town, then you can drop the case on him and be done with it. If he's scum, then you have results to drive a lynch on him. Also, even if you didn't know your sanity, you should've scanned him anyway. Since your first night got RNG'd to Rapier, you at least had a result. If Shinori and Rapier returned different results, one was scum. If they returned the same results, they were the same alignment. That's better than nothing. Also, even if you wanted to see if you were sane or not, you really should have scanned Shinori if you suspected him so much. That way, depending on the result you got, you either had confirmed scum between Shinori or Rapier, or you knew that Shinori and Rapier shared an alignment.

I'd know they shared alignment

and still not know for certain whether or not I am sane

I think knowing whether I'm sane or not was more important, and since no one seemed to be on the Shinori train, I also felt like investigating them would be selfish and not as helpful

14 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

For what it's worth, I thought the scan on Green made a lot of sense. You probably should have investigated Shinori instead of SB at the end though. How do you even forget to use your night action?

*hugs*
You get me
I was taking care of my mom who just had surgery so

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, of course, exceptions exist. In this case, though, I really think Arcanite should've just scanned Shinori if he were really so convinced but no one else was agreeing.

See above

also

not a he

WHICH REMINDS ME

I was pretty upset about that >:T

You guys never see a robot before?!?!?! Gosh darn!

23 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, I'm really not that scary once you get to know me :P:

LIES! :P:

10 hours ago, Shinori said:

Well that was fun, I still suck at reads though so WHOO.

I really liked your D2 case, even if it was as accurate as my vigging in SFMM.

---

So, I'm just going to bop a couple of you over the head.

@Arcanite - First, raising hell about your gender doesn't really help in a game where people are trying to pick apart your arguments.  I don't know how you want to be referred, but objecting every single time someone gets it wrong isn't going to help.  If it's really that big of an issue, clear it up in your first post in the game.  Second, you'll need to answer the question "why do I think my target deserves to be lynched?".  It's really hard during the first part of D1 or so, but with practice, you should be able to find someone or other you feel weird about.  Don't be afraid of being wrong. . .see Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia to see me screw up an entire game~!  Or Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 2 for. . .I won't spoil it.  Just read it if you have a couple of spare hours.

@Anime27Arts - When there's a bunch of vanilla flips, just claim vanilla if you're mafia, and no one can prove that you're not vanilla.

@DefaultBeep - I think you did a pretty good job for most of the game. I wasn't scumreading you at all early-on.

To everyone - Hope to see you around.  But I have no idea when I'll have the time to play again.  Or maybe it's for the best, since I turn into quite the bitch during the game!

Well, that was an interesting experience. Good game everybody! And congratulations town for the win!

I'll admit - while it was true that I was busy, I did use that as an excuse for not posting because I, well, was scum, and wasn't certain how and what to say. That was indeed one reason why I didn't wish to post until player X appeared - I was stalling the inevitable. Though I do see now that that was a bad move, my apologies.

Best moment was when SB fake killed Greencapps though. That was great.

Edited by Rex Glacies

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I'd know they shared alignment

and still not know for certain whether or not I am sane

I think knowing whether I'm sane or not was more important, and since no one seemed to be on the Shinori train, I also felt like investigating them would be selfish and not as helpful

Considering that you were pretty much willing to let a day go to waste because you wanted to keep your vote on Shinori and your investigation didn't really matter in the long run, I'd say not investigating Shinori was a more selfish move. If you suspect someone to the point where you're about to risk a no lynch because you won't switch your vote, and if you're cop, you had better investigate that person you nearly wasted a day phase for.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

raising hell about your gender doesn't really help in a game where people are trying to pick apart your arguments.

there was a point where I just kinda just gave up ;-;

I guess I'll remember in the future

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

you'll need to answer the question "why do I think my target deserves to be lynched?".  It's really hard during the first part of D1 or so, but with practice, you should be able to find someone or other you feel weird about.  Don't be afraid of being wrong. . .see Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia to see me screw up an entire game~!  Or Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 2 for. . .I won't spoil it.  Just read it if you have a couple of spare hours.

I love me a good story! *maniacally rubs hands together*

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Considering that you were pretty much willing to let a day go to waste because you wanted to keep your vote on Shinori and your investigation didn't really matter in the long run, I'd say not investigating Shinori was a more selfish move. If you suspect someone to the point where you're about to risk a no lynch because you won't switch your vote, and if you're cop, you had better investigate that person you nearly wasted a day phase for.

it may seem like a waste to you... but I kept my vote because I didn't think Michelaar was scum and I was right. In the end, the people that consolidated got their lynch anyway~ I didn't want to vote on whoever was about to die, I wanted to vote on whoever I thought was scum, and more importantly, NOT vote on who I think is innocent. If I thought Rex should have been spared I would not have voted him, but to me it seemed worthwhile. 

I didn't ever vote the wrong person once.... THOUGH, I did hold my vote on Anime after admitting that she looks scummy, and that was a complete waste.

Voting records don’t matter though. You voted for maf but were never the reason that they got lynched (I had to scream for a Rex lynch day 2 ffs) so I’m not really sure what you’re arguing here.

SB and Marth are right. Your voting record could be perfect, and that doesn't mean anything if you never actually contributed to the case or tried to get anyone else to vote along with you. Lots of mafia players on SF have "known" that someone was scum, but could never build a case for whatever reason and when the game is over all they can say is, "I knew it!" That just means they had good instincts that they could never prove. Heck, I called the entire scum team in early D2 when Prims asked me right then and there what my initial guess was. But I didn't actually have a serious case on any of them (except Glacies) at the time I made that call, and until they flipped I never knew for sure.

Also, you're still not getting the main point of my spiel: MAFIA IS A TEAM GAME. It doesn't matter how right you are individually, you have to convince others why you are right and to cooperate with them on things that you may not agree with for the better of your faction. You're still too focused on "I was right in the end" or "town got their lynch in the end" or "my voting record was flawless" to realize that your play wasn't good either as an individual or within the town. And I know I'm really getting on your case, but if you're interested in playing mafia again (and I do hope you are), you really need to realize this sooner than later.

any noc happening in the future....i might get on that but i work full time now so i'd be juggling that during the game

On 11/6/2017 at 9:01 AM, SB. said:

Voting records don’t matter though. You voted for maf but were never the reason that they got lynched (I had to scream for a Rex lynch day 2 ffs) so I’m not really sure what you’re arguing here.

Well.... I am content knowing that I didn't get my people dedded, is what I'm saying

as if your screaming would have made anyone come any faster

On 11/6/2017 at 9:05 AM, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I think the point is that you should be more vocal about your scumreads and be more proactive instead of stubbornly staying on the side.

I tried to be vocal and uh...

I almost got lynched D1

I think I just need to get better at the game

18 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

SB and Marth are right. Your voting record could be perfect, and that doesn't mean anything if you never actually contributed to the case or tried to get anyone else to vote along with you. Lots of mafia players on SF have "known" that someone was scum, but could never build a case for whatever reason and when the game is over all they can say is, "I knew it!" That just means they had good instincts that they could never prove. Heck, I called the entire scum team in early D2 when Prims asked me right then and there what my initial guess was. But I didn't actually have a serious case on any of them (except Glacies) at the time I made that call, and until they flipped I never knew for sure.

I am not saying "I knew it" or anything lol As you can see, my reads the whole game were complete garbage .... not good at all, heh.  
I am just saying that I am happy I didn't get my team dedded. Which seems important to me. Maybe I have the wrong priorities, but I'd rather not let people die for no rea-

18 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, you're still not getting the main point of my spiel: MAFIA IS A TEAM GAME. It doesn't matter how right you are individually, you have to convince others why you are right and to cooperate with them on things that you may not agree with for the better of your faction. You're still too focused on "I was right in the end" or "town got their lynch in the end" or "my voting record was flawless" to realize that your play wasn't good either as an individual or within the town. And I know I'm really getting on your case, but if you're interested in playing mafia again (and I do hope you are), you really need to realize this sooner than later.

Well I guess my priorities really aren't that straight then LOL

I get that it doesn't matter how right I am individually. I should say, I am satisfied with what I did, even if I wasn't so great. I mean it was only my first game anyway so I wasn't even expecting to do good or even make it to the end heh

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I tried to be vocal and uh...

I almost got lynched D1

I think I just need to get better at the game

That comes with practice.  Being lynched D1 happens. . .so don't sweat it!

Oh, and add Choral Mafia 4 (I think) to the reading list.  Just D1.

On 11/5/2017 at 4:13 PM, Prims said:

I think this depends on the type of cop. I think just targeting people under suspicion is better to improve lynch accuracy so that you can ideally end the game earlier, especially if you've claimed publicly already and a) you can straight up announce your results and b) you might die at any point.

And plus Shinori was kind of both a nullread and a suspicion because Arcanite was suspicious of him but the rest of the game was kind of null on him so he really would have been the best target for Arcanite under either way of thinking.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

That comes with practice.  Being lynched D1 happens. . .so don't sweat it!

Oh, and add Choral Mafia 4 (I think) to the reading list.  Just D1.

You honestly don't even need to read the full game just Paper's "How to win as a neutral"

1 minute ago, Reinfleche said:

You honestly don't even need to read the full game just Paper's "How to win as a neutral"

Oh, wait. . .that must be the fun D1 was CM3.

Y'know, the one where everyone got tired of a certain someone's BS?

Edited by eclipse