Alice in Brexitland Mafia - Game Over

charlie_

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Snike said:

It's negative information, so to speak, refa. Here's what Eury said about the role:

Let's take both of these players at their word: That means on 2 separate cycles, there are roles that prevent both day and nighttime deaths. Why does there need to be protection from day deaths (unless this includes lynch doctors) unless there's a daykill? Even with one copy of the role in knowledge, I don't think cycle doc would exist for the sake of blocking a sniper. It amounts to Occam's razor in the end.

On numbers: I think it's probably 2/2. My point about Prims role-wise still stands in 2/2, and if it's 3/1 I don't think wolf would be allowed to  be so horribly crippled, assuming he's telling the truth (which I think he is).

I'm going to address this now, since I just read it.

BBM mentioned something about daykills early in D1.

Their*

MB Arcanite on pronouns.

I lost a post already this phase, but I want to clarify that my comment about 3/1 was about prims being likely town. I don't see that rogue and deathproof being on same informed faction +I don't see a wolf being able to be vanillized.

Shinori, how do you feel about Omega now?

@eclipse That's exactly what we were discussing. BBM is claiming Mysterious Cycle X doctor while Eury's claiming Cycle 4 doctor.

Day 2.1 - Votals
Arcanite (5): Refa, Shinori, Snike, Omega

Not Voting: Arcanite, BBM, Eurykins, eclipse, Prims, Refa, Via, Weapons, Walrein

You have ~70.5 hours left in the day.  With 13 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 8 to hammer.

7 minutes ago, Snike said:

Shinori, how do you feel about Omega now?

First thoughts coming into the day phase I felt slightly better about him because of the Bard lynch but then we learned new info after the day phase started.  So realistically he could just not be Bard's buddy.  Assuming two scum teams scum can scum-hunt this game just as well. However he does look a bit better in my eyes.  I'd probably list him around where I have Refa at the moment which is still more leaning towards scum.  Probably something like Arc > Weapons > Refa = Omega or something like that.  After Bard flip the Weapons vote swap gives me really bad vibes but like Refa stated, he's probably not Bard's buddy.

Hey look, I'm still Mayor!

I just want to make a comment that I think Rapier was kind of skating at EoD like Bard was by saying that they'd reread which implies content then flaking and got away because meta. However I'm waiting on eclipse since there's nothing else to base that on.

@eclipse: Rapier claimed numbers, sort of.

The wording's a little weird, though.  Would need to quote it to emphasize it.  However, it's nine townies alive, and it's written in past tense.

6 minutes ago, Snike said:

Hey look, I'm still Mayor!

I just want to make a comment that I think Rapier was kind of skating at EoD like Bard was by saying that they'd reread which implies content then flaking and got away because meta. However I'm waiting on eclipse since there's nothing else to base that on.

@eclipse: Rapier claimed numbers, sort of.

Well don't just tell her!

Ok that checks out though. I really have no idea who to vote though at this point. I guess the speed of the Arcanite wagon makes sense if he's Bard's only buddy?

48 minutes ago, Snike said:

It's negative information, so to speak, refa. Here's what Eury said about the role:

Let's take both of these players at their word: That means on 2 separate cycles, there are roles that prevent both day and nighttime deaths. Why does there need to be protection from day deaths (unless this includes lynch doctors) unless there's a daykill? Even with one copy of the role in knowledge, I don't think cycle doc would exist for the sake of blocking a sniper. It amounts to Occam's razor in the end.

Wait, I do think there is a daykill.  Did I imply otherwise, because I fucked up if that was the case.

If I could've gotten away with it, I wouldn't have looked at my role PM until night.  But alas.

I do love my character, though.  Can't wait for SB to post the flavor.  Best part of my role PM!

Alright, this reread is being put on hold.  I'm going to do something else for a bit.  Someone outside of the game just said the wrong thing to me.

Sfposting is almost as bad as Nigel Farage's teeth. I just lost another one.

@WeaponsofMassConstruction MB I realized what it was as soon as I posted it.

I don't have a problem with the speed of the wagon, especially since I just reread and noticed that Arcanite dodged my question at the end of day. Why would they care at deadline if their vote was doing nothing or something?

This was made worse because it put Eury at 4 with less than an hour which meant a vote swing from the Bard wagon would put a NL in play, which would've been a terrible outcome for d1. Hindsight makes it worse.

I don''t want to end the day just yet all the same, even though I believe we're on scum.

@Refa You didn't. I was just trying to rationalize why a cycle doc would claim there's a day kill.

Unless their ability protects from lynch as well, in which case BBM and Eury need to out that.

@Shinori I feel the same wrt Omega not being a buddy, but I feel like his scum narrative is derailed by the random vote on me after his justification, though he only followed up at deadline.

I don't think there's likely to be more than 2 cycle doctors. That would be over a third of the game (with Bard as Rogue and Prims counted) being able to deny kills in some way or another and that strikes me as wayyyy too much protection.

If I had to guess it was BBM or scum flaked, in which case we pick on walrein slot and eclipse.

what if both kills targeted the same person, and that person got docced?

I'm still suspicious of arc especially at the end of the day when their response to me was, "I'm just trying to cover everything in thread, how does that make me scummy?" responding to every single change in the thread for the sake of it is not autotown and often it's a thing scum does so they can say they've been contributing lots of content when most of it doesn't mean anything. I admittedly did not pay enough attention to arc's content during the rest of the day though so I'm going to have to read through it now, but I would vote here today.

even if they aren't bard's buddy, that was a REALLY weird end-of-day waffle.

omega is still null for me.

I know walrein is getting a sub but killing them sooner rather than later would be cool. I'm a little unsure if we have a vig considering there were no kills last night & if there are already two kills throwing a vig in there might be overkill. sorry I'll stop rolespeccing after this. but yeah.

12 minutes ago, Snike said:

I don't think there's likely to be more than 2 cycle doctors. That would be over a third of the game (with Bard as Rogue and Prims counted) being able to deny kills in some way or another and that strikes me as wayyyy too much protection.

If I had to guess it was BBM or scum flaked, in which case we pick on walrein slot and eclipse.

I think it's plausible to have multiple cycle docs.  Just speaking from thoughts but I would say Multiple cycle docs is still overall weaker than One regular doc.  However I don't entirely think all of the protection roles are town sided if we do end up having upwards of 4-5 cycle docs + a DPV + Rogue in this game.

Starting with the first post I don't like.  For all its length, the only thing I get out of it is a town read on Bard.  The rest is questions/gameplay mechanics stuff, with not much indication on how it shapes Eury's reads.

On 3/5/2018 at 1:56 PM, Omega. said:

Your play is strange this game, and with Rapier's revelation I'm wondering if your freewheeling approach this game indicates that you're ITP. Why did my lack of explanation bother you, what do you expect from Town Omega?

Wait what?  This is weird, like it's a scum callout but not really.  The only thing that's known is that there's nine townies.

On 3/5/2018 at 2:19 PM, Bard said:

I want to believe Townies play to win with legitimate cases and that only scum bullshit and make up cases by misrepresenting people or pretending they are active.

I know you're dead but. . .no.  Town can come up with some pretty shitty cases for bad reasons.

On 3/5/2018 at 2:26 PM, Omega. said:

An addendum to my above post: if Eury flips mafia, I'd guess that Refa isn't aligned with her, though with 9 town we likely have an ITP and he's still a great candidate for that.

The other addendum is that I haven't actually read his Eury push yet, which might change things for me, I'm getting to it right now.

I'm really not liking this.  It's D1, and no one has flipped.  I'm the queen of associative reads, but I don't see how "if X flips scum then vote Y" helps when neither have flipped.

On 3/5/2018 at 2:56 PM, Refa said:

Don't like this post because it's keeping me open as a lynch candidate despite townie interactions.

Don't like this response, because I'll be the judge of how town you look (at this point, I'm null-reading you, because your tone is throwing me for a loop, even if I'm nodding along to your points).

And holy crap that's only up to page 8.  Will continue this in my next post, because new SF doesn't do well with long posts.

On 3/5/2018 at 4:42 PM, Omega. said:

And then Prims comes in with 2/3 of his scumpool matching mine.

FYI, I'm game to lynch the Fenrir slot to avoid a modkill, by the way. I understand everyone has strong scumreads we want to lynch D1 but I'd prefer to maintain the integrity of the game with a lynch over a modkill and his post was scummy anyway. That said, I'm not saying everyone let's switch votes now, I'm just throwing that option out there to consider as we near deadline.

Don't like this logic either, especially since it's not-late D1.  At this point, this feels like a backup plan, instead of actual scumhunting.

On 3/5/2018 at 6:56 PM, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

So has everyone who’s voting Eury read Eury in depth? What’s there more than her pushing BBM for not great reasons? I want to believe

I'm currently scumreading her because of that post I linked earlier.  For all her talk, she's doing very little with it.

On 3/5/2018 at 7:40 PM, Propeller Knight said:

this for example is a good take. 

I think people are misreading eury's heavy rolespec and theoryspec as being scummy and I can't really grasp it

Spec is bad when nothing is done with it.

Not quoting this.  For all that text, the only clear reads I see are BBM/Shinori.  It's a weird time for a listpost, and the fact that so much of it is noncommittal strikes me as scummy.

That's up to the end of page 12.

I'm looking at Arcanite/Walrein/Eury.

Refa, at the time, I didn't like yours or Prims' slots, so Arcanite pushing back against you guys resonated with me. However, I remember the early Arcanite/Prims exchange pinging me greatly; my sense of smell kicked in and I sniffed scum. Prims, I want to leave alone right now, leaving Arcanite.