We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

Arc’s posting style is people confirmation biasing hard.  Overall I think he’s scum, but people are citing reasons I don’t agree with at all.  KTS’ Arc breakdown was very good.  LG I just think is town lol.

So in essence, you're somewhat prone to attacking bad reasoning even if the recipient is a wolf read of yours?

Btw earlier I thought you said "villa" instead of "town" at one point and I thought you were converted.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know how to read KTS's posting style so I'm kinda hanging onto other people for opinions on him.

1 minute ago, Refa said:

okay maybe i’m just being dumb then lol

no you're not being dumb, tbh i'm paranoid about it too and maybe we have been letting him off easy but i'm worried that's just the later game jitters sitting in me and trying to make the game more complicated than it has to be

@Refa has sully done anything lately to make you doubt/scumread him? I'm still really behind so I've probably missed something

1 minute ago, Omega. said:

So in essence, you're somewhat prone to attacking bad reasoning even if the recipient is a wolf read of yours?

Btw earlier I thought you said "villa" instead of "town" at one point and I thought you were converted.

Kind of; I think both Makaze’s and Via’s stances are in good faith, they’re just not as familiar with Arcanite’s play.  I don’t like to attack cases from people I think are town unless there’s something obvious that they’re overlooking.

23 minutes ago, Killthestory said:

@Baldrick i'm not really casing walrein, i just want to engage. i don't do cases anyway, but that's just a stream of consciousness type deal instead of trying to force through a lynch.

k

also, what do you mean arco isn't pushing alternatives? to their wagon? 

Yeah. I said before if they don't think they should be lynched, they should tell us who should be.

also, i think there isn't really a correlation between appreciating the effort put in by a sub and thinking their thoughts aren't genuine. i didn't insinuate what they were doing was townie, but i asked for a lack of rudeness next time when addressing their content as a sub.

stream of consciousness post. i'm progressing in my head while progressing in my post.

as for the last post, i think there's a difference between aggro and rude. idk, walrein came off as rude, and i feel sorta rude calling them rude and calling them out. i dont think it was intentional, think ur cool walrein, lets just all be friends. :]

I don't think it's rude to be forceful in pushing someone for reads if they don't have any, but I do think being aggressive based on their precedessor being scummy isn't fair because they can't answer to that. I'm willing to accept that it's a difference of opinion.

no i'm not familiar with arc's play, i just don't see why town!arc would say something like that to me

1 minute ago, Refa said:

IMO KMS would sheep mine/Via’s defense of LG.  I’d look into Snike if LG flipped scum probably.

I guess

I also think the way hes like actively not reading LG's content despite major wagon bothers me
like he doesn't have ANY thoughts on him? what is that. then like, ill do it tomorrow, sorry bro? this has NO value for a town to do

@Killthestory ill make it easy and copy his entire ISO here for you. No work on your end

Spoiler
On 4/9/2018 at 2:50 PM, Lord Gaius said:

confirming as a hidden

edit: nah nah, but add me to sub list lieris and assbee :eyes:

On 4/13/2018 at 8:31 PM, Lord Gaius said:

@BBM I have been following very loosely. Expect me to be able to case in around 12-16 hours. Am still rereading currently.

I'm Paperblade.

On 4/14/2018 at 6:37 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Work lasted longer than expected am finishing my readthrough now.

On 4/15/2018 at 5:56 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Going to kill myself this got eaten when i was on page 32. I'm doing this much more quickly than I was previously so don't hesitate to ask for clarification on any reads/ comments I have, mostly am just going through game thread blind with my reads at end of post. I want people to know i'm not trying to brush this game off, here's what I have atm.

Gaius notes:

page 2-3: I think walrein's setup spec is fine opposed to typical RVS bs, it's all filler content in the end until something happens. Via / walrein interactions strongly suggest to me they are not scum / scum, I don't think buddies would be this conversational early. Via Role / Eclipse role are NAI. 

page 4-5: I think a lot of people are reading scum! Athena tonally as opposed to anything he's really said or done, wrt stuff like how he overexplained himself. Zeus bothers me much more with a halfassed meta post and nothing else of note even though there's definitely a bit more we can chew on at this phase. Gonna assume zkirsche is kirsche until someone corrects me. Agree with his assessment of BBM's play, don't understand how Refa finds his analysis scummy. Refa's been doing the thing where he asks a lot of questions and I scumread him for it, but I haven't really given him a chance to do something with his info and he's town half the time I do this so gonna hold off on that. Bibbon and Zeus have had the most egrigious posts so far, but I've never played with either of them and have no idea what they do ED1. 

page 6: Bartozio has a good distinction on Satsuma's slot wrt avoiding giving reads vs not having them, would sheep / 10. Shinori says some things I agree w/ minus Athena, that slot hasn't done much scummy from what i've seen. Satsuma goes straight into some OMGUS as soon as called out by bartozio and athena, I'm starting to get something more concrete here. misreading role PMs happens not going to let it affect my reads. 

page 7: Weapons seems to be playing in line with his town meta, will probably need to wait to see some more interactions before I have a better read than gut on him, he's right about satsuma and zeus in any case. 

Eclipse: "There's several types of tells in a game.  Some are hard tells, like someone spilling information that they shouldn't know (say, a claimed BP posting someone else's role).  Others are soft tells, things that are subconsciously done as we play the game.  Your recent posts are responses to people - in other words, passive play.  Yet you're being awfully pushy with your lone read.  This kind of disconnect is a soft tell - in this case, a scum tell." 

When someone is under fire they have to defend themselves? This doesn't sit right with me, why are we playing if not to push our scumreads and convince other people we're town? You threw a bunch of buzz words into a paragraph that don't really make sense together. 

On 4/15/2018 at 5:56 PM, Lord Gaius said:

i'm gonna do this in bits so I don't lose any more work, if anyone has specific interactions they want me to interpret quote them and i'll do so

On 4/15/2018 at 6:17 PM, Lord Gaius said:

when I saw the votals above me a lot of players weren't even in game from when I started reading :weary:

yeah i'll be updating them as I go, so you'll get to see my progresions if I was in the game from D1 (that's the hope at least)

On 4/16/2018 at 1:21 PM, Lord Gaius said:

I need the night phase to get caught up on the full readthrough, hold me to it if I don't finish by D3 morning. 

I've skimmed the cases on the table for today. I would want to lynch Eclipse today if that can happen, very non committal to holding any one stance wrt bartozio lynch, abundance of null reads. I'm not seeing scum!athena for aforementioned reasons + the fact that  

Can someone summarize Junko case for me? I'm still missing a lot of pieces of the game :x

I think this is really relevant, regardless of in game circumstances I'm trying to imagine myself doing this and there's no chance in hell i'd do it as scum.

can someone make a list of claims for me?

##Vote: Eclipse

On 4/16/2018 at 1:22 PM, Lord Gaius said:

FRT not the kirsche scumread part in the post above, about the stuff with Junko. I'm not gonna get concrete reads on everyone until tomorrow. 

On 4/16/2018 at 6:08 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Nobody had actually made a defense of Eclipse and I think people are staying on Junko / this BS Kirsche wagon out of laziness and being afraid to change. Junkos play doesn't make sense from a scum slot but I don't see why that makes Kirsche scum, since most ppl are flipping away from Junko on tone / meta / playstyle as opposed to any form of analysis like what Kirsche was pushing him for, so the fact that one of these has to be scum is not true imo.

Nobody I've seen has reservations for eclipse beyond I'm not feeling it as much and I think junko / Kirsche are town town .

On 4/16/2018 at 6:11 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Weren't precious editions of co-roles like the co-drivers town? What's the precendent for them both not being town, seems like major assumptions.

On 4/16/2018 at 6:12 PM, Lord Gaius said:

I'm really not on board with a Kirsche lynch

On 4/16/2018 at 6:19 PM, Lord Gaius said:

I too wish I'd had time to read the second half of this game!  

On 4/16/2018 at 6:24 PM, Lord Gaius said:

lmfao im never playing NOC again if I get lynched here. Nobody has told me why eclipse isn't viable or addressed any of my points on why Kirsche is getting cased. 

On 4/16/2018 at 6:28 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Town / town is all I'm saying

On 4/16/2018 at 6:36 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Well that's awkward. Thank u caffeinator I will take this chance and catch myself up / explain some of my thoughts EOD 

On 4/16/2018 at 6:38 PM, Lord Gaius said:

FTR my thought process there was struggling to understand Junko plays coming from scum mindset (subbing back in, wishy washyness, etc) and that Kirsche was presented as an alternative because people thought Junko was town not for any particular reason that Kirsche was scum. 

On 4/16/2018 at 8:00 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Anyway let's continue on with this lovely game. 

Page 8: Bibbon coming in with the list post that says nothing while criticizing weapons for similar play is scummy, not sure if new player (assuming so?). Coming up on the first Eury post, we can start analyzing ding her reads to see why scum possibly killed her. Lot's of optimal play jargon, but the important part is scum reads on the people making empty reads. This seems like an odd thing to NK for so will have to see if anything develops in her future posts. Not gonna worry about reading her. JB was really lazy off the start I feel like you can do better than that with your first post after 8 pages, but scumreading someone purely off laziness after 1 post is hard. what more annoys me is that he was pushing Fable for that w/o really saying anything of note himself.

Page 9: Nightmare is the 2nd person to make a listpost that doesn't say anything, super non commital lots of gut feelings. I don't like when ppl have to be prodded to drop a vote. Weapons is being really fuckin weird, but his post actually does a good job of explaining why his reads make sense as compared to bibbon or nate. 

I have never seen a weapons game where he has played conventionally and it doesn't seem like a stretch to say he's had those reads and chose not to post them.  I'm not very confident in this push, but Refa is being more proactive in turning his questioning into results so he's mostly dispelled my early game pings about him. 

Page 10:

This feels like he's struggling to make a proper read on Eclipse, it really goes all other the place and doesn't have a proper conclusion. possible scum / scum connections, once I finish reread i'm gonna go fully back and ISO Junko / Ctrl-F for other reads on him. 

I'm just going to accept Satsuma as null and not posting much and assume Snike is something of a universal townread according to what BBM told me when I first subbed in. Via's post was pretty good, not seeing any scum intent, open with thought processes on zeus read. Walrein seems to be townreading the whole game, other than a weakening scumread on Athena, I don't really know what the point of that post was, but his early content was good. Marth's opener is fine, notes Junko waffling earlier than anyone else.

10 page reads:

Scumvibes: Eclipse (still pushing bad play and question hunting w/o generating much of note, possible scum going for early towncred), JB (really egregious opener) 

Haven't said anything worth salt scum: Nightmare, Bibbon

Lean Town: Weapons, Kirsche, Via, Marth

Null: Rest

On 4/17/2018 at 2:10 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Looking at the disparity in strength of Junko and Kirsche's respective cases on each other i'm finding it hard to see Scum / Scum interactions, I know I was wrong about town / town but hear me out. the "context" with BBM and Via wasn't fully solved until BBM came back, BBM could have been pressuring Via so I don't see why kirsche's initial BBM vote is bad. It should be obvious how question asking w/o results / returns isn't useful at all. Kirsche has much more conviction in his points and to me seems like 

Other thoughts on pages 11-15: Weapons is solidifying my townread on him with his page 11 post, Bibbon has come back to explain herself but doesn't really provide any scumreads, only a defense of Athena and a possible ITP(?? why??) read on Fable, not sure how that is supposed to help town out in any way. I find it hard to see Fable playing this aggressively and non chalantly as scum but Walrein, Alette, and Makaze would be better suited to answer that remark. JB feels like he could have been scum parking himself on the eventual Bart mislynch here, the way he attacks bart is incredibly non comittal. I don't know what the fuck to make of reinfleche showing up with a jargon post and doing nothing, from what I know he flakes a ton and will probably be subbed later as I don't remmeber him being on end of day votals so going to ignore that. Zeus is really inexperienced which mucks up all these interactions, having trouble deciphering who's what in the Zeus Athena Bibbon Eclipse mess. 

On 4/17/2018 at 2:34 PM, Lord Gaius said:

up to 20: Nightmare here makes me agree with the JB read and disagree with almost everything else. It's a lot more flimsily justified townreads and sometimes feeling "off" about things without any purpose. Shinori here feels a lot more engaged then i've seen from him and I like where he's putting pressure, looking forward to see his nightmare post. Will do updated reads once I get to bartozio flip, i'm kind of losing steam so things are gonna be more concise from here on out. 

On 4/17/2018 at 2:52 PM, Lord Gaius said:

hehe.

I don't like JB trying to strongarm a Marth lynch through rolespec at all, he continues to push it despite not having any issues with Marth's content here. 

All my scumreads are at least partially casing each other and it's giving me a god damn headache trying to sort out who might be town. 

This looks really egregious to me, like he wanted to get some sort of cred for a possible Junko lynch, he swapped back to Bart really fast despite no other votes really moving. It seems like a non town train of thought to put that vote there, see no other movement in the votals, and then 20 minutes later go back to Bartozio. I don't think he was pushing hard enough on Junko for it to be legitimate. This along with him trying to shade the Bartozio lynch against Snike here.

On 4/17/2018 at 3:05 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Alright let's see what we have here. Again this seems like the hardest fuckin bus of all time if Kirsche is scum, and what I mentioned before about their disparity in cases. Fable doesn't bother me, Bibbon does, I wouldn't be surprised if she turned up scum. If I had to pick out the scum on the Bart lynch it would be JB / Nightmare as my top two priorities. Refa has made me worried going through the voting patterns. He usually ends up near the back end of wagons that turn up and i'm worried he could potentially be scum coasting, am gonna keep a closer eye out on him continuing on plus look at him / junko in particular. 

EOD 1 Reads:

Town: Weapons, Marth (role + think cases on him are bad, explained earlier), Kirsche

Lean Town: Athena, Fable, SnikeSatsuma, Shinori, Via

Null: Zeus (Vig this), Walrein, Fenrir, BBM, Elieson

Not quite scum but am getting weird feelings about: Refa

Lean Scum: Eclipse, Bibbon

Scum: JB, Nightmare

Turbo: Reinfleche

Getting Lunch /class, will continue to the point I sub to, hopefully finishing before phase starts, have class too so we'll see. Thanks again caffeinator you're a lifesaver.

One more thing I want to mention to dispel Lyncher vibes that Snike may have been getting. I disagreed with Junko / Kirsche lynches, and had only read / interpreted early day one content at that point. Clipsey bothered me the most with my limited info, and i wanted to push something I had more conviction in to flip scum. 

On 4/17/2018 at 6:45 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Anyone wanna claim that? (I am almost finished reading up to where I subbed in)

On 4/17/2018 at 6:55 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Need to read mack's play more but I am up for a JB lynch. 

On 4/17/2018 at 6:55 PM, Lord Gaius said:

i'm gonna scout Shinori for interactions 

On 4/17/2018 at 7:14 PM, Lord Gaius said:

Is it possible that Satsuma would hard in on their buddy like this? I'm skeptical but I could see new scum looking at Shinori in a good spot and finding him a good person to attach to. 

Then again i'm not sure they would park together like this. Would appreciate feedback on this. 

On 4/17/2018 at 9:18 PM, Lord Gaius said:

I also want to believe that it was more like a SK than a vig on Shinori. 

Walrein has flaked end of phase both day and seems to always be in positions where you can't draw any serious interactions between him except for those early ones with Via which a lot of people seemed to townread for, and I'm worried that Walrein has gained towncred because of how people trust Via. 

Agree with  what Fable is saying here.

##Vote Walrein:

On 4/17/2018 at 9:42 PM, Lord Gaius said:

At the moment the biggest scumread from my reread is JB as well, and I would gladly consolidate there, but like Fable said we already have adequate pressure so I think my vote is best served moved onto the Walrein wagon right now. 

Anyway I could see potential JB and Mack / Nightmare scum scum interactions, nightmare seemed to read JB out of necessity instead of any real conviction due to his gigantic number of town / null reads, and if JB is parked on scum early it'll look better for him if Nightmare were to flip. Mack subbing in seemed to have taken some of the pressure off the nightmare slot but those interactions still seem fishy. 

On 4/17/2018 at 9:46 PM, Lord Gaius said:

This makes me what to townread Kaoz, I can't see scum coming into the game with one of their first posts and setting up lynches on two of their buddies. 

On 4/18/2018 at 6:20 PM, Lord Gaius said:

I'm pretty demotivated to play because every time I sub into a game I just get mislynched. I'm paperblade town bookie, if I predict correctly I get a vig shot. This is why i was alluding to SK kill on Shinori earlier. I'll try and do some reads later, not feeling up to it right now. 

3 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

@Refa has sully done anything lately to make you doubt/scumread him? I'm still really behind so I've probably missed something

No, I've just been reading his posts without deciding if they're town/scum because I figured he was obvious town.  Only thing I remember not liking is him pushing me for sheeping his Kirsche case at the end of the day yesterday, but he dropped that pretty quickly.

3 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

no i'm not familiar with arc's play, i just don't see why town!arc would say something like that to me

fair enough

sorry if i'm coming off short or mad or anything i'm not any of those things i'm just typing my posts very quickly while in the middle of multitasking.

1 minute ago, Refa said:

No, I've just been reading his posts without deciding if they're town/scum because I figured he was obvious town.  Only thing I remember not liking is him pushing me for sheeping his Kirsche case at the end of the day yesterday, but he dropped that pretty quickly.

fair enough

Do you think he would do that as Mafia? If so, would that reflect well or badly on Kirsche?

Now it is possible that I am wrong on Lord Gaius

But if he is town I genuinely expect him to at least try to find the Mafia

I know LG better than most of the people here IMO and I don't believe he just drops off the face of the earth just for being a wagon and never resurfaces after more than 24 hours as town

that AtE is bad and its a sour note to end on. i really, really don't see any world where this does anything but help him stay alive. stay alive to do what?

MORE REASONING: He has just seen a Mafia get dayvigged. Town are winning the game. In what world does getting mislynched demotivate you when town is kicking so much ass? I think it makes more sense for him to be demotivated if one of his partners was just killed.

22 minutes ago, Refa said:

Well, he’s getting me to reconsider my Sully read.  It’s mostly a tone read, also feel like he wouldn’t ignore LG as scum (regardless of LG’s alignment).

what made you reconsider your Sully read? why wouldn't i ignore lg as scum especially if we're scumbuddies?

friends multiquoting is literally impossible on mobile im gonna have to @ people i wish to talk to lol.

@Omega was sully's claim that bad to where he'd be a really unlikely candidate for wolf?

@Refa what about my arc breakdown was good?

ok onto the next page

Kill, it looked like a super derp claim to me. That said, I'm all for you reading his posts, coming to your own conclusions, engaging him on what you've found, etc. Most of us have been on autopilot with him, so having a fresh perspective (regardless of your alignment) is welcome.

On 4/16/2018 at 6:24 PM, Lord Gaius said:

lmfao im never playing NOC again if I get lynched here. Nobody has told me why eclipse isn't viable or addressed any of my points on why Kirsche is getting cased. 

Back to this quote. I am still struggling to grasp the reasoning behind this post.

This post was made near the end of the Kirsche/Junko wagon, and LG wasn't even being voted. Votals post from two posts previous:

On 4/16/2018 at 6:23 PM, Iris said:

Day 2. Votals literally haven't changed since last page
Junko (7): athena_57, Mackc2, eclipse,  Kaoz, Zkirsche, Fable
Zkirsche (7): Junko, SullyMcGully, Omega., Refa, Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy, Makaze, Via
eclipse (3): Lord Gaius, BBM, Jaybee
Omega (1): Walrein
Shinori (1): Arcanite
Arcanite (1): Alette

Not Voting: Shinori

You have ~7 minutes left in the day. With 20 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 14 to hammer. Reminder that a tied vote will result in a No Lynch!

He then went on to say the same thing when he was was actually getting cased today.

Can someone try to reason this through and explain what they think he was thinking?

22 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

I don't really know how to read KTS's posting style so I'm kinda hanging onto other people for opinions on him.

what don't you understand? also, you don't want to make the game more complicated, but with people mentioning supposed bussing, you don't think there's a deepwolf? if you do think there's one, who do you think it could be irrispective of the flip you so desperately desire.

@Baldrick can agree to that. where you sitting in terms of scumreads, bud?

@Makaze how can you say it doesn't look like LG is solving? i mean, it looks clear to me that he's making progressive reads even though they're wrong. going back to the bussing point again, someone said there's a lot of bussing going on. town is kicking ass right now, and that's likely because wolves were biding their time and building up deepwolves to counter any town presence later on? that's the only play that makes sense if town is kicking ass in your own words, so explain this. LG removes all towncred he could gain from bussing by tring from what i understand both major wagons in which junkoooooo flipped scum. he then continues to make reads and seems to reach them naturally only to get to this point where scum are banking on him and his partner, and he decides to just quit? i don't give a fuck about his role, that just doesn't seem right as a wolf. the wagon is gross, and i'm gonna look into each person voting there. that shit stinks. shoot me an lg townread, son. i'm pro Gaius, but i also am Gaius. that might mean im arrogant LOL.

i feel bad for wolves. i already took their most viable mislynch off the table. i might level up from town hero soon.

9 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Kill, it looked like a super derp claim to me. That said, I'm all for you reading his posts, coming to your own conclusions, engaging him on what you've found, etc. Most of us have been on autopilot with him, so having a fresh perspective (regardless of your alignment) is welcome.

ok, i'll look into it along with lg wagon.

40 minutes ago, Refa said:

phoneposing

I wanna see those selfies

I have yet to make a judgment on Arc itself, but I'm not quite feeling the lynch on Weapons after re-reading his stuff again. Tonally he read like frustrated Town. He did park a vote on Shinori once, and his reasoning was that he couldn't remember Shinori doing something Towny. But earlier on, he also said that he confessed to not remembering anything Shinori has done to begin with... He also defended JB and Junk, but his reads mostly amounted to null. I don't think Weapons would make himself look that bad if he was scum, since having so many Town/null reads is bound to draw attention, and he was also not paying that much attention to the game anymore. I'm not really feeling an Arc lynch just yet because of Weapons.

2 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Back to this quote. I am still struggling to grasp the reasoning behind this post.

This post was made near the end of the Kirsche/Junko wagon, and LG wasn't even being voted. Votals post from two posts previous:

He then went on to say the same thing when he was was actually getting cased today.

Can someone try to reason this through and explain what they think he was thinking?

I think it's possibly because Snike pushed that the Eclipse case was scum-motivated? I'll have to dig back in the thread to see if Snike mentioned it here, but Snike and I have discussed BBM and Lord Gaius in particular possibly being scum on the Eclipse wagon. Obviously, we were wrong about BBM, but Lord Gaius is still up in the air.

I think Lord Gaius is a good lynch if it will dispel confusion like this, and clear up the PoE line. Snike is also willing to consolidate on PoE lynching Kirsche. I personally still have doubts about Kirsche being scum, but as he is also a source of confusion like LG, it's something I'm willing to do.

i don't even know man because at this point deepwolf could be anyone except for me obviously because i'm town. that's why i've been a little lost for cases.

22 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

okay here's everybody!

Alette (replacing Fenrir Aesir (replacing Anime27Arts)) - Boron
Arcanite (replacing Weapons) - junko
athena_57 - snike
Baldrick (replacing eclipse) - eclipse
Fable - weapons
Jaybee - eury
Kaoz (replacing Bibbon) - kirsche
Lord Gaius (replacing EĂ€rendil) - Paperblade
Mackc2 (replacing Nightmare) - Marth
Omega (replacing Marth) - JB
Refa - BBM
SatsumaFSoySoy + Snike (replacing Polydeuces) - rein & juliette
SullyMcGully (replacing Elieson) - Rapier
Via -  prims
Walrein - via
Makaze (replacing zeus_112) - omega
killthestory (replacing Zkirsche) - LG

if any of these are wrong i will become a mafia IRL.

How did you find out that kirsche was LG?