Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really, it's not about being good, it's about liking the game and understanding that it is the greatest videogame in existence.

I mean, I have 12 deaths just one map before you, and this is my fifth playthrough! It's not an easy game, that's for sure. Then again, I do meme a lot (my current run of Thracia involves constantly keeping the Od and Ced scrolls on Marty). 

Also Super Monkey Ball 1&2 are good contenders for best game ever, let's be real

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Spara said:

Then again, I do meme a lot (my current run of Thracia involves constantly keeping the Od and Ced scrolls on Marty). 

Well, I can understand that. I mantain that half of FE's fun and replay value is to stray from the meta and use the dumbest units possible. Good units are so boring, most of the time (though they are capable of being fun, sometimes, if they have something unique going for them - E.G. Sierra from TRS). Same goes for Berwick.

You can probably tell I think this way because I'm the guy who decided to try Ironmanning BWS and instantly benched Dean and Volo.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

You can probably tell I think this way because I'm the guy who decided to try Ironmanning BWS and instantly benched Dean and Volo.

I mean, I know one of those was benched because you don't like edgelords.

Oh, yeah, one little detail I like is that there's a damn good reason why Volo takes 12 happiness to join you without doing the Leticia event, but you need the event to understand why 😛

Also, I wasn't joking about Super Monkey Ball 1&2 - those games are very tightly designed, ballbustingly (lmao) difficult at times, but never feel unfair. Plus, they were the first video games I ever played. 

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Oh, yeah, one little detail I like is that there's a damn good reason why Volo takes 12 happiness to join you without doing the Leticia event, but you need the event to understand why 😛

How interesting. Honestly, as much as I dislike edgelords, I'm definitely going to do the event next time I play the game. It sounds quite cool.

Also, I wasn't joking about Super Monkey Ball 1&2 - those games are very tightly designed, ballbustingly (lmao) difficult at times, but never feel unfair. Plus, they were the first video games I ever played. 

I've... never played those games, I'm afraid.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I've... never played those games, I'm afraid.

They were old Gamecube games from the early 2000's, and played kinda like an odd mix of a platformer with those old tilt-maze puzzles. They required surprising amount of mechanical skill to play on the harder modes. I actually didn't beat 1 until a year ago, and I didn't beat 2 until I was maybe 13 - and I first played it as a toddler. My brother had just gotten it for the gamecube he had just bought, and forced me to play with him. They had a bunch of local multiplayer modes that were good enough that they became tradition in my family over the typical stuff like Mario Kart and whatnot. 

They were old Gamecube games from the early 2000's, and played kinda like an odd mix of a platformer with those old tilt-maze puzzles. They required surprising amount of mechanical skill to play on the harder modes. I actually didn't beat 1 until a year ago, and I didn't beat 2 until I was maybe 13 - and I first played it as a toddler. My brother had just gotten it for the gamecube he had just bought, and forced me to play with him. They had a bunch of local multiplayer modes that were good enough that they became tradition in my family over the typical stuff like Mario Kart and whatnot. 

Wait, SMB was on Gamecube? I always thought it was a Wii franchise that made use of the motion controls, but as it turns out, that was only later. Well, recommendation duly noted. Perhaps I'll give these games a shot one of these days.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, SMB was on Gamecube? I always thought it was a Wii franchise that made use of the motion controls, but as it turns out, that was only later. Well, recommendation duly noted. Perhaps I'll give these games a shot one of these days.

Yeah, the later games added a jump button and heavily simplified the level design. The old ones, oh my god some of those levels are EVIL. 

*Leaves shoe store and prepares to drive off for some bagels.*

*Sees food truck sitting in the parking lot. Notices "winner of Cupcake Wars" on its sides.*

😍

Carpe diem! And I still got bagels afterwards, no wonder I'm heavy.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Okay, so I returned the graphics card I thought for 200$, and decided to buy one for 900$ instead. 

And here, a $900 "cheap" gaming laptop was what I was rudimentarily considering. Although I'd probably get it on the first of never, considering I just can't imagine paying that much for one of those but why can't I when wasting money is what Mac users do?

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

ekHMjf0.png

Awakening_Trio.png

They reused the Mila Tree? Looks nice, but that map was never fun. No regrets skipping on the Fates DLC then.😏

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Same question from me...who to use them on?

The DF & DF class change are a little cheaty at first, because you get promotion bonuses now, without the price of sacrificing on your maximum level. Almost anyone can benefit from them.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm hearing a lot of neat things about Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin. It looks visually appealing and at least premise-wise, it seems to be like Rune Factory where on one hand you're fighting monsters and on the other hand, you're growing a farm. But the farming is so accurate that the Japanese Agricultural website is deadass a legitimate guide for growing some thing. Very interesting

tenor_2.gif

It's on my list as well, but I want physical. The game is a combination of niche so few copies were made (probably affected by Covid too), and the developers I read weren't expecting it to sell as well as it has. The result is that the game is sold out everywhere, theres not a GameStop in a hundred miles of my location that has it in stock and it's not available online either. The game has sold well enough it led to a temporary stock price surge for Marvelous.

Reading some reviews, the game seems to fall into the 7-8 range, maybe a 9. The first issue I think I noticed everyone agreed on was that farming (which is only rice, but apparently requires a lot more effort than the plow-seed-water-harvest of Rune Factory/SoS) is not adequately explained at first and takes some time to adjust to. "You flooded the rice field too much, you didn't space the rice saplings far enough apart." Those are the kind of comments I've seen. The second common criticism I found in the reviews is that combat takes time to open up, to become fun and not quite so simple. Some diffuse criticisms found in one or review or another, but not all of them are: the game isn't clear on what to do next, enemy variety is a little lacking, font size is and dialogue box backgrounds make things hard to read.

This said, I'm willing to bear with any faults this game might have and try my hands at Oryza sativa intermixed with fighting with a hoe come the 25th of December. Playing as a Shinto goddess brings back memories of Okami, and I've seen someone compare the action to Muramasa: The Demon Blade, two fairly good and very feudal Japanese games.

The main developer behind the game, Edelweiss, looks like it's only 2 people, so gotta give them props for that. Although I'd hope they hired additional help.

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/e3-interview-edelweiss-xseed-dev-behind-sakuna-of-rice-and-ruin/

And if you didn't see this, the developers did a variety of research when planning out how to simulate rice cultivation.:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/372391-sakuna-of-rice-and-ruin-dev-grew-rice-as-research-for-the-game

And as a factoid I read a few years ago, Japan devotes itself to being self-sufficient in rice production. The country might have to import almost everything else it eats, but rice is the stuff of which the people of the Yamato spirit are made and is thus a national priority. 

I unfortunately screwed up the Leticia event when I went for it. I didn't realize I had to bring Volo into chapter 8 main mission. Pretty much the same story as with the Leteena event in TRS, funnily enough.

I wonder if it explains what Leticia was doing in the Narvian army in chapter 14.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I unfortunately screwed up the Leticia event when I went for it. I didn't realize I had to bring Volo into chapter 8 main mission. Pretty much the same story as with the Leteena event, funnily enough.

Wait, you mean Chapter 7? That's where his event happens. Also, oof.

Gonna be interesting. That Leticia thing is clearly meant to be very well hidden, considering that it seems to primarily exists for when Faye dies, which the game generally doesn't want to happen.
I also didn't get the feeling that the game was telling me to actually deploy Volo on any map. And that's something the game normally does.
Volo's "normal" recruitment also kind of taunts you about the fact that nothing about him is actually revealed. And unlike other mercenaries, he has no map or event to introduce him. He's just hanging out in the tavern.

If I didn't know any better, I'd guess Volo is Derrick.

Edited by BrightBow

So apparently you don’t get an energy drop if at least one villager survives. Two of them actually made it because when all six of them charged straight into the enemy range, they instantly started running after they got slaughtered and two were lucky to make it out, and they actually stuck with my group the whole time. Huh.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

xhPFUPS.png

Bowzu no Densetsu!

One of my most broken FE unit I ever used was 10 move Kinshi Knight Mozu on Revelation (because My Castle rewards are amazing like that).
Girl solo'd entire maps, and they went by pretty quickly, too, thanks to her.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Dont feel bad at all! It's okay not to like something! Your feelings are important, too!

Thanks.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

For example, you said Xenoblade 2 wasnt your thing, and I'm okay with that! I would never get upset with you sharing your feelings! 

With Xenoblade 2, I can't even say I dislike, because I don't. It just wasn't for me, as you said.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

That not something to be apologized for though...

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

You don't need to apologize for that xD

Alright, alright.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

But I hope you enjoy whatever else you decide to play!

Thank you.

Speaking of other games. Music shil-- okay, I'll stop. xD

I did say I wanted to 100% Senran Kagura, but I went and did something else: I got started on the actual 24 hour race of Test Drive Le Mans.
Completed 19 laps before my fuel almost ran out and I had to return to the pit to get that sorted out. Also, coincidentally, those 19 laps amounted a little bit over an hour with lap times around 3:30.000 on average (the fastest I ever was in that game on that track).
I'm driving it with one of these monstrosities:

Spoiler

546917_378563768884371_1856804674_n.jpg

This isn't a screenshot, but a photo of the actual thing... that didn't even see the finish line in Le Mans 1998, because it went down and out with an engine failure (because Toyota kinda sucked at building durable race cars).

Thankfully, the game doesn't have any damage models, so... engine failures are luckily not something I need to be afraid of in-game. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And here, a $900 "cheap" gaming laptop was what I was rudimentarily considering. Although I'd probably get it on the first of never, considering I just can't imagine paying that much for one of those but why can't I when wasting money is what Mac users do?

The cost is only worth as much as you end up using it. If you tend to use it often, then it's worth it. If not, i don't think spending $900+ on a computer is worth it.

But since i had a good deal and ended up paying roughly half the price, it was for sure worth it!

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

With Xenoblade 2, I can't even say I dislike, because I don't. It just wasn't for me, as you said.

Right, and that's completely okay! You have every right to feel that way about it.

Some people enjoy Fates for it's gameplay, i am not among them, personally. That's my thoughts that it's boring.