Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, but how do I survive long enough to even do that? Two armor knights with brave bows right there to destroy me when I get to Murdock. If I take the time to warp multiple units, Cecilia (and possibly more units) dies.

Two warpers-Warp Swordie, warp Roy.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I don't know. Last time through Azure Moon, DK could barely scratch Gilbert. Probably helped that I managed to win his Scythe in Caspar and Mercedes' Paralogue,  and he was left flailing with a brave lance. It ended up more of a comedy than a battle.

XD
I never did the Caspar/Mercedes Paralogue, so this is actually news to me!
Interesting!

I had trouble with that map on Azure Moon mostly because there are siege weapons, which, to me, is a recurring issue I have with that route in particular.

1 minute ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Didn't expect Sonia Blanche to lose.

Probably not many peope have played Shining Resonance yet againt my expectations.

The only person talking about it frequently on here was me.
And I know lightcosmo played and beat it.

Frankly, I'm surprised she got more than two votes.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Why not use someone else then? 

Iirc i had a Kana with Leo's blade hmmm

Fear of death

I actually switched it up last attempt, which means I’m thinking like a pro Conquest player ^^

I took Corrin/Elise from the northwest and switched them with her but she couldn’t deal with the archer so now I’m sending her as maybe back up in the northeast? and sending Beruka/Benny up there.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Two warpers-Warp Swordie, warp Roy.

I understand that, but how do you get around the sheer amount of enemies? Warp doesn’t reach all the way across the map.

The only way I see that happening is if I sacrifice Cecilia and Sophia.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

XD
I never did the Caspar/Mercedes Paralogue, so this is actually news to me!
Interesting!

I had trouble with that map on Azure Moon mostly because there are siege weapons, which, to me, is a recurring issue I have with that route in particular.

Oh. See, I usually work on building Ingrid into a dodge tank of ridiculous proportions. The avoid ring, plus Falcoknight, plus Alert Stance + basically makes her dodge almost anything... as long as she waits. It gets less effective on maddening, but on hard she's almost invincible as long as her speed's decent. Only catch being she takes forever to kill most enemies.

As for Caspar/Mercedes Paralogue, you need to actually manage to have Caspar defeat the Death Knight to get the Scythe... which is ridiculously broken. I like to give it to Dimitri if I get it. Thing is, getting Caspar to beat the Death Knight is a crap shoot to begin with, and I only managed it by using a Wild Abandon Crit (with a forged Killer Axe).... because otherwise the guy would have been 1-rounded even as a Wyvern Lord. The crit rate ended up higher than the hit rate... but I got lucky. Not that it'd matter if I didn't. I did it on the first move.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I understand that, but how do you get around the sheer amount of enemies? Warp doesn’t reach all the way across the map.

I dunno how they changed it in the hack, but you should reasonably be able to make it into a good position to warp beneath the village without too much difficulty-The forests will let anyone with Aircalibur erase every wyvern while you send the units you need to send beneath the village, where they'll probably be able to warp to Murdock.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think you should know very well thats highly debatable.😛

Bad romance, underdeveloped rest of the crew, main story is... I'm not sure, maybe insufficiently grand? Then again, you are wandering over the world in VII too, not like there is an overarching great mission other than "chase Sephiroth". Music is about equal, Man with the Machine Gun is great, but One Winged Angel outdoes Maybe I'm Lion and The Extreme for final battle themes. Visuals, VIII wins hands down, but thats about the only category you can say that for.

And gameplay? 'ello enemies that automatically level with you, and actually get stronger if you don't Junction better spells, which takes a wee bit of annoying time to do. And, if you want to be some super-optimal freak, you'll turn off random encounters or only turn enemies into cards to avoid earning EXP. And then you play hours of Triple Triad to get incredible Junctions to finish the breaking of all notions of difficulty. -Though Enemy Skill Materia, grinding for KotR, or early Omnislash all break VII. And knowing that you should avoid fighting to keep things easy isn't something the average player would know.

I ain't saying you can't prefer VIII over VII (I'll say V is my favorite, and I think I'm becoming gradually detached from the franchise), thats entirely acceptable because differing opinions on video games are totally valid. But you'd have to be totally unaware of the general fanbase to not know that VIII has a mixed reputation. 

Well FF8 has more to gameplay than battling. I think the romance was fine! Music, overall not just battle themes, VIII is better. 

Well the enemies getting stronger doesnt matter when the game is always going to be easy. Limit break = win no matter what scenario it is. 

Triple Triad is an amazing minigame, imo. 

VIII is vastly underestimated. Not that it's my favorite or anything, it's just great. 

VII is just... bland. Characters (lol cloud) are blank slates. Battles are boring for the most part. This is just my opinion of course. 

Starting to play Nights of Azure 2.

It's quite fitting since it's still kinda night... at least dark.

Tbh playing games at 5 AM in the morning reminds me on a bad habit of mine about 20 years ago when I was obsessed by a certain PC game I started to play very early till late evening.

Though it shouldn't apply to NoA2 since I've heared it shall be rather short.

53 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The only person talking about it frequently on here was me.
And I know lightcosmo played and beat it.

Frankly, I'm surprised she got more than two votes.

I've played only a little yet, but I liked her instantly.

I BEAT OPHELIA’S PARALOGUE YAYYYY

I completely ignored the north west village though. Oh well. After I see the rest of this dialogue and then do my castle stuff, I can sleep!

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Oh. See, I usually work on building Ingrid into a dodge tank of ridiculous proportions. The avoid ring, plus Falcoknight, plus Alert Stance + basically makes her dodge almost anything... as long as she waits. It gets less effective on maddening, but on hard she's almost invincible as long as her speed's decent. Only catch being she takes forever to kill most enemies.

Ah, I see, I see!
I wish my Ingrids were this dependable. But sadly, she was a victim of the RNG delivering some terrible levels whenever I tried to use her.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

As for Caspar/Mercedes Paralogue, you need to actually manage to have Caspar defeat the Death Knight to get the Scythe... which is ridiculously broken. I like to give it to Dimitri if I get it. Thing is, getting Caspar to beat the Death Knight is a crap shoot to begin with, and I only managed it by using a Wild Abandon Crit (with a forged Killer Axe).... because otherwise the guy would have been 1-rounded even as a Wyvern Lord. The crit rate ended up higher than the hit rate... but I got lucky. Not that it'd matter if I didn't. I did it on the first move.

I can see this going south fairly easily, yeah...
Considering Caspar isn't a paragon of consistently good level ups for me, either.
Yikes.

The reason I never played this paralogue is because I usually don't recruit outside my house (except that one time I got Mercedes and Lysithea on Crimson Flower to unlock supports I was interested in). But maybe this is something to keep in mind next time!

28 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Starting to play Nights of Azure 2.

*live footage of Draggy right now*
tenor.gif

31 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Though it shouldn't apply to NoA2 since I've heared it shall be rather short.

It takes roughly 20 to 25 hours for one playthrough, depending on how thorough you are with quests.

If you need any help or tips, don't hesitate to ask!

32 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I've played only a little yet, but I liked her instantly.

Nice!
Sonia is great! ^^

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Congrats! ^^
I hope you managed to get the Horse Spirit! That one can help out your spellcasters a LOT.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

After I see the rest of this dialogue and then do my castle stuff, I can sleep!

Good night!

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I completely ignored the north west village though. Oh well. After I see the rest of this dialogue and then do my castle stuff, I can sleep!

Congrats on recruiting the Best Mage of Fates ! Too bad you missed out on the Calamity Gate (which is the tome that reverses the weapon triangle), but all of the loot of that chapter is excellent.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Grats:D

Use her well because it seems i won't be getting her this time around, since odin is falling off pretty hard and imma about to bench him and just use Nyx.

Although i already see hit problems coming ugh...

>Cindered Shadows endgame

>Close to breaking the entire shield of the final boss

>Final boss can shuffle everyone around the map at random, Balthus is now by himself next to the final boss

>Final boss shield can fully regenerate shield the following turn

IMG_10nqzf.jpg

Alright, let's see: Azure Moon has a shitty endgame. Verdant Wind has a shitty endgame. Silver Snow does not exist but jokes aside, I've heard it's endgame kinda sucks. And now Cindered Shadows had a shitty endgame.

Crimson Flower is really the only route in this entire game to have a good endgame huh?

Just now, Armagon said:

Crimson Flower is really the only route in this entire game to have a good endgame huh?

Haha my opinion is exactly the other way around xD

Ashen Wolves final boss is one of my all time favs haha xD

And i like VW and AM endgame much more than SS and CF xd

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Congrats! ^^
I hope you managed to get the Horse Spirit! That one can help out your spellcasters a LOT.

Thank you!

What makes the Horse Spirit special?

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Good night!

Goodnight!

5 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Congrats on recruiting the Best Mage of Fates ! Too bad you missed out on the Calamity Gate (which is the tome that reverses the weapon triangle), but all of the loot of that chapter is excellent.

I missed out on the spirit dust.

I think I might have typed the wrong direction earlier xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Grats:D

Thank youuuu

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Use her well because it seems i won't be getting her this time around, since odin is falling off pretty hard and imma about to bench him and just use Nyx.

Although i already see hit problems coming ugh...

F.

I’ve never been lucky with Odin either, though.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Cindered Shadows endgame

>Close to breaking the entire shield of the final boss

>Final boss can shuffle everyone around the map at random, Balthus is now by himself next to the final boss

>Final boss shield can fully regenerate shield the following turn

Is the map big enough for that to matter though? I played on hard and whenever he did anything like that I could still have others come help and just wear him down.

Alright, let's see: Azure Moon has a shitty endgame. Verdant Wind has a shitty endgame. Silver Snow does not exist but jokes aside, I've heard it's endgame kinda sucks. And now Cindered Shadows had a shitty endgame.

Wow we disagree again, AM endgame is another one of my favorite fe chapters xD

I also liked its endgame!

I actually liked all of them except maybe Verdant Wind? I liked it my first time through but when I played it again, on a harder difficulty, it just felt incredibly easy.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What makes the Horse Spirit special?

It boosts Skill, Speed, Defense, and Resistance by 3 or 4 each (I don't remember the exact number), which is a pretty substantial boost.
Also, it's only a D-rank weapon, so all the Mages you get/currently have should be able to use it.