Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Honestly, people act like Berwick Saga is complicated, but I can't say I ever had someone die because of a tiny math error. It's always clearly and obviously communicated what enemies can do.

Unless their enemy assassins have shrouded stats, that's totally luck based.

• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, you've never updated it!? 

He doesn't need to, he got the game in 2019. There was an update earlier this year but that was just adding Korean language options into the game or something but he can skip that if he wants.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, you've never updated it!? 

I'm not sure, to be honest.
I always just assumed it would update itself automatically if new versions are available.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You got the game last year, all the necessary updates should've been there from the start.

Anyways I checked: aggro settings is part of the DLC so you can't use that unfortunately. But like I said before, setting it to Easy is still something you can do anyway.

Okay! Good to know!
I'll try that once I'm done with the 24 hours of Le Mans thing (I won't be doing that in one go, no sir! One or two hours a day will be enough; luckily, you can actually save the game each time you drive into the pit lane) and 100%ing Senran Kagura 2.

Thank you both! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

This grammar editing function built into the program really grinds my gears. I know that it’s almost certainly because I already hate this program but it being so in my face about grammar errors it’s wrong about is pretty annoying.

29 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Unless their enemy assassins have shrouded stats, that's totally luck based.

It's not actually. For one, that skill can be countered by Watchful.

But more importantly, there isn't much variation in what Assassins can do. They have about the same durability and strength as your average thief. The only thing that makes them different is the Assassin Knife they always carry. Which has fairly basic stats for everything but critical hit rate, which is 80%.

In other words, you always can expect to take a critical hit if you allow them to attack, but not much damage beyond that due to their virtually nonexistent strength. So all you have to do is to prepare for between 10 to 30 point of damage. You don't even need to worry about defense because both knifes and the bonus damage from critical hits ignore it.

Edited by BrightBow

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

How is that part of the fun? Strategy should be about... you know, thinking about solving problems.

Yeah, and debuffs and skills are problems that should be solved. I don't see how it's any different

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Collecting and processing information is part of that by necessity, but the deciphering of that shouldn't be what 99% of the gameplay is about.

It's not what 99% of gameplay is about, at all. More like 10%, tops.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

's always clearly and obviously communicated what enemies can do.

Same in Fates. Everything is visible.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll try that once I'm done with the 24 hours of Le Mans thing (I won't be doing that in one go, no sir! One or two hours a day will be enough; luckily, you can actually save the game each time you drive into the pit lane)

If only that option was in Desert Bus haha........ that's not a reference you'll probably get so basically, there's this Atari game called Desert Bus and the game's sole objective is to drive a bus through a desert road in a straight line to reach Vegas, where you collect one (1) point. And then you drive all the way back to collect another point. It's a seven hour drive, to and from, and yes, that's real time. You can't cheat either, if you try using a rubber band or something, the bus veers off to the side and gets stuck in the sand, where it then gets towed back to the start.....in real time. 

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Thank you both! ^^

No problem 👍.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

If only that option was in Desert Bus haha........ that's not a reference you'll probably get so basically, there's this Atari game called Desert Bus and the game's sole objective is to drive a bus through a desert road in a straight line to reach Vegas, where you collect one (1) point. And then you drive all the way back to collect another point. It's a seven hour drive, to and from, and yes, that's real time. You can't cheat either, if you try using a rubber band or something, the bus veers off to the side and gets stuck in the sand, where it then gets towed back to the start.....in real time.

Oh boy, that sounds painful. XD

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ahaha, that’s actually kind of funny.

When you’re working on revising your essay but a freaking computer algorithm grades it so it goes up by 0.1 in Content Development and 0.1 in Language Use and that’s it, and that’s obviously not enough to raise your overall score.

*sigh* I miss when essays were graded by humans. 😕

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, that was a rough chapter. I lost Zelot.

But the rest of my team is so strong I think I'll be fine.

I think.

FE6?

I think you may have lost out on getting the good ending in that case. Unless Zelot and Jerrot are different characters.

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, and debuffs and skills are problems that should be solved. I don't see how it's any different

It's not what 99% of gameplay is about, at all. More like 10%, tops.

Same in Fates. Everything is visible.

Oh no it's not. All 3 of it, really.

Debuffs would be fine if the effect were made obvious, which it is not.
You have to use your touchscreen to check your exact stat because the game only shows you a virtually useless number, which is a pain in the ass to do all the time. The numbers are tiny, making it difficult to actually click them. And if you did pull it off, the information is exactly where your finger is going to be. It's all way to inconvenient for something you have to do at least dozens of times each round. And there is no reason this information needs to be hidden like that. And there is even less reason that a game like this should require freaking touch screen controls in the first place.
As for debuffing weapons, not only does each one target like half your stats at once (which is also really inconveniently listed in a single line in the explanation bubble), but rather then having just a few of those with a clearly defined functionality, they have dozens of them with only tiny variations in the exact numbers.
Skills are similar. You have to click tiny symbols on the touchscreen to see what they do. And looking at the symbol and immediately recognizing what it does isn't that easy because the number of skills is artificially inflated. They are functionally nearly identical with only tiny variations. Because damn it, we need 2 skills for every existing class, doesn't matter if they don't actually serve a purpose. So yeah, always gotta make sure to read the description over and over again. Both to see what the thing actually does and the exact numbers involved.

Basically, if Berwick was anything like Fates, it would have 10+ different versions of Deathmatch, all with a different name, a different duration and minor effects applies to the combatants. It would be bloody stupid. To say nothing about how butchered the interface would need to be to be as limiting as the one from Fates.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

FE6?

I think you may have lost out on getting the good ending in that case. Unless Zelot and Jerrot are different characters.

Yeah, now that I'm back home and can use my laptop, I went ahead and got back to Project Ember (which I will hopefully finish soon).

Zelot and Jerrot are the same character. I think one or the other is an older translation of the name.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, now that I'm back home and can use my laptop, I went ahead and got back to Project Ember (which I will hopefully finish soon).

Zelot and Jerrot are the same character. I think one or the other is an older translation of the name.

I see!
In that case, F for good ending.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, that was a rough chapter. I lost Zelot.

But the rest of my team is so strong I think I'll be fine.

I think.

Yeah you've lost the true end. RIP.

L1cWj2J.png

I just spent all my money on Tonics xD

Let's see if i can first try this ha ha ha 

F

20 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Debuffs would be fine if the effect were made obvious, which it is not

...They are. Every weapon/skill debuff is in the description and you can check em on the touch screen pretty easily

ou have to use your touchscreen to check your exact stat because the game only shows you a virtually useless number, which is a pain in the ass to do all the time.

...How is that any different from opening the Unit Menu in any FE game exactly to check unit information? 

Or do you play Fe without ever opening the menu?

Even Berwick i was checking menus all the time, and even more annoying i had to check a 2nd page for skills. Fates has everything in one screen. If anything, Fates' UI is much more visible and user friendly, it saves you the page changing. In Berwick you had to page change and click on discription.

But checking Unit and skill info is part of FE.

making it difficult to actually click them. And if you did pull it off, the information is exactly where your finger is going to be.

Touch pen?

They are functionally nearly identical with only tiny variations.

I wouldn't call skill activation conditon, wether they are active on enemy or player phase ''tiny variations'', etc.

And getting the best combination of skills you can in the given time frame is also part of the game.

Edited by Shrimperor

22 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh no it's not. All 3 of it, really.

Debuffs would be fine if the effect were made obvious, which it is not.
You have to use your touchscreen to check your exact stat because the game only shows you a virtually useless number, which is a pain in the ass to do all the time.

How is the result of your base stats and it’s buffs or debuffs added/subtracted useless..?

The numbers are tiny, making it difficult to actually click them. And if you did pull it off, the information is exactly where your finger is going to be. 

You can just move your finger, you don’t have to leave it there.

It's all way to inconvenient for something you have to do at least dozens of times each round.

You’re given a stylus for a reason.

And there is no reason this information needs to be hidden like that. And there is even less reason that a game like this should require freaking touch screen controls in the first place.

It’s not hidden, it’s very easy to access.

And if your fingers are too big, just use a stylus, which comes with the system.

As for debuffing weapons, not only does each one target like half your stats at once (which is also really inconveniently listed in a single line in the explanation bubble),

I mean, they tell you in the tutorial, and every time you get hit with one the debuff sound effect and animation play...

Skills are similar. You have to click tiny symbols on the touchscreen to see what they do.

My thoughts on this are the same.

And looking at the symbol and immediately recognizing what it does isn't that easy because the number of skills is artificially inflated. They are functionally nearly identical with only tiny variations. Because damn it, we need 2 skills for every existing class, doesn't matter if they don't actually serve a purpose. So yeah, always gotta make sure to read the description over and over again. Both to see what the thing actually does and the exact numbers involved.

I mean they all serve different purposes, I don’t know how that’s artificial inflation. If a skill comes up that often, how do you not remember what it does?

To say nothing about how butchered the interface would need to be to be as limiting as the one from Fates.

Touchscreen controls are really that bad?

29 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

but rather then having just a few of those with a clearly defined functionality, they have dozens of them with only tiny variations in the exact numbers. 

There really aren’t that many types...

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

L1cWj2J.png

I just spent all my money on Tonics xD

Let's see if i can first try this ha ha ha

You really are gonna outpace me...

you either have a lot of free time or really love that game xD

pr70Ofi.png

8 turns on my first try not bad...

So so close though...

Then again i was playing very aggressively xD

FFFFFFF
F
FFFFFFF
F
F
F
F

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

you either have a lot of free time or really love that game xD

both xD

As i said multipe before, I consider Conquest without match when it comes to FE gameplay haha

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

both xD

As i said multipe before, I consider Conquest without match when it comes to FE gameplay haha

I’m glad you’re enjoying it so much!

I might as well tbh, but it depends on how the rest of the game pans out. Chapter 10 is definitely one of my favorites in the series gameplay wise regardless, though.

Well, it happened.
It started raining the second I left the pit lane.
Hahaha, game. Very funny!

But it's not too strong yet (you can barely even see it beyond the dark clouds), so I can still survive without changing to Intermediate or Wet tyres.
Also, here's a screenshot:
xgT7XsK.png

Good thing I saw the sign with "200" written on it or else I would've driven right into the wall ahead and missed the corner completely. XD

Also, reminder that this came out 20 years ago.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Well, it happened.
It started raining the second I left the pit lane.
Hahaha, game. Very funny!

But it's not too strong yet, so I can still survive without changing to Intermediate or Wet tyres.
Also, here's a screenshot:
xgT7XsK.png

Good thing I saw the sign with "200" written on it or else I would've driven right into the wall ahead and missed the corner completely. XD

Is that the game with the 24 hour race?