Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

AM endgame is another one of my favorite fe chapters xD

Four bars of health with Miracle intensifies.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, DragonFlames said:

It boosts Skill, Speed, Defense, and Resistance by 3 or 4 each (I don't remember the exact number), which is a pretty substantial boost.
Also, it's only a D-rank weapon, so all the Mages you get/currently have should be able to use it.

Corrin intensifies

I mean I did jUsT promote him... same with Elise, who is unironically the best magic unit in the game that isn’t her daughter with Odin, don’t @ me

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Four bars of health with Miracle intensifies.

Wrong endgame

That one is both Black Eagles routes iirc, but I don’t think miracle activates until 2 or 3 hp bars left

That’s not much better but still xD

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Corrin intensifies

I mean I did jUsT promote him... same with Elise, who is unironically the best magic unit in the game that isn’t her daughter with Odin, don’t @ me

Okay, yeah.
I should've said the ones that start out in Tome wielding classes. xD
But Corrin and Elise (especially for Elise this will be excellent) can use it after just a few shots from a Fire tome. D-rank isn't too hard to achieve.

Okay, yeah.
I should've said the ones that start out in Tome wielding classes. xD
But Corrin and Elise (especially for Elise this will be excellent) can use it after just a few shots from a Fire tome. D-rank isn't too hard to achieve.

It’s actually quite a few shots....

I might give it to Elise though, for being best girl ❤️

Although Leo could use some speed always...

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is the map big enough for that to matter though? I played on hard and whenever he did anything like that I could still have others come help and just wear him down.

The map fundamentally throws your strategies into the wind. Unit placement doesn't matter when the boss can just snap it's fingers and shuffle literally everyone. You know that skill in Fates where the enemy swaps positions with whoever they attacked? Imagine that but it affects everyone on the map.

I get the map is rather small but there could've been a way better gimmick.

Also the final boss being able to fully regenerate it's shield is a no-no, I'm pretty sure monster units can't do that regularly. Not even the final bosses on the other routes.

AM endgame is another one of my favorite fe chapters xD

My problem with AM endgame is Edelgard hitting you with 30-range. It's never enough to kill anyone but it's pretty annoying and was the only endgame map in the game where I was basically turtling.

except maybe Verdant Wind? I liked it my first time through but when I played it again, on a harder difficulty, it just felt incredibly easy.

I don't like Verdant Wind endgame either but I thought it was too hard. And by too hard, I meant the final boss is insanely beefy even without the stat buffs and I only won because of luck.

Just now, Armagon said:

My problem with AM endgame is Edelgard hitting you with 30-range. It's never enough to kill anyone but it's pretty annoying and was the only endgame map in the game where I was basically turtling.

30 range? Woah. Gotta be the farthest I've heard someone in FE has...

'Course, it still ain't no Ideon Gun...

Fear Range Infinity!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also the final boss being able to fully regenerate it's shield is a no-no, I'm pretty sure monster units can't do that regularly. Not even the final bosses on the other routes.

They can.
Every two turns, in fact, if you don't take 'em out first.

Also, no word about the final boss of AM being able to attack TWICE per turn?

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I missed out on the spirit dust.

I think I might have typed the wrong direction earlier xD

I honestly think that is the worst loot of the map so congrats.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What makes the Horse Spirit special?

+3 speed, skill, defense, and resistance when equipped. It amazing for getting a mage to sneak into doubling range, or avoiding being doubled, or simply surviving things they otherwise shouldn't.

The third tome, the lightning tome is also excellent, despite the low might, and a debuff after use, but getting access to a brave effect tome at C rank when attacking is still very powerful.

Every two turns, in fact, if you don't take 'em out first.

Cindered Shadows final boss can do it in one turn then.

Unless it's just every two turns in general, regardless of whether or not you've even attacked the shields. In which case that's cringe.

The map fundamentally throws your strategies into the wind. Unit placement doesn't matter when the boss can just snap it's fingers and shuffle literally everyone. You know that skill in Fates where the enemy swaps positions with whoever they attacked? Imagine that but it affects everyone on the map.

Meh, I liked always being kept on my toes like that. I suppose it’s just a matter of personal preference.

I was like 90% sure they do that at the beginning of the turn after it was weakened.

I don't like Verdant Wind endgame either but I thought it was too hard. And by too hard, I meant the final boss is insanely beefy even without the stat buffs and I only won because of luck.

I only had a few units that could do good damage but boy could they do good damage

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

30 range? Woah. Gotta be the farthest I've heard someone in FE has...

She has like two hit and barely any might and almost always goes for a unit that has enough for avoid for one of her shots to not matter at all (she can use it twice per enemy phase, just not on the same unit (I think))

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cindered Shadows final boss can do it in one turn then.

Okay, wow.
That's awful in that case.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unless it's just every two turns in general, regardless of whether or not you've even attacked the shields. In which case that's cringe.

I'm pretty sure it goes
Destroy (a part of) the shield -> stays destroyed (if fully destroyed, monster is stunned for that turn) -> shields fully regenerate
for every monster and boss that uses this mechanic.
Usually followed up by their AOE attacks.

At least I'm fairly certain this is how it works.
Someone correct me if it's not, please!

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Meh, I liked always being kept on my toes like that.

That's fine but this is not how you do it imo. Ch.4 Cindered Shadows was way better at keeping me on my toes and I think that map is dogshit btw. 

This is the easiest endgame map by far for two reasons:

1. no reinforcements
  2. boss moves and loses his defense boosts once he has been attacked by a ballista

Technically four reasons because you have Claude and Lysithea in the party.

Though I can't tell if church's final map is easier for neither having played nor even watched yet.

not a bad battle theme

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

I beat Cindered Shadows. Ashe died lol.

Cindered Shadows is........bad. I liked the Ashen Wolves more than i thought i would and they are either my favorite or second favorite house in the game. That's about as far as my praise goes. Gameplay-wise, Cindered Shadows was mostly a gimmick fest and unlike Revelation's gimmick fest, Cindered Shadows was just annoying. Ch.1 and 2 were nothing to write home about. Ch.3 is very bad if you don't know which statue to go for (i did know but that's beside the point). Ch.4 is a gimmicky, bad escape map. Ch.5 and 6 were the best maps of the game but that wasn't a hard thing to do. Ch.6's gimmick also wasn't bad, i'll give it that. Endgame is bad, as i've already mentioned.

Cindered Shadow's plot is also so.........nothing. I know Fire Emblem has never been amazing in the story department but c'mon.

This was not worth the $25 lol. 

I mean three routes can be obtained for 40 €, so paying 25 € for just one route isn't quite appropirate I'd say. Forcing the players to pay 25 € for stuff they don't want is a really poor way; at least I don't fall for it. Not having selectable DLCs is a no-go.

Anyways enough Fire Emblem talk from my side for today. I already tried to ignore all the talk as good as I can since I'm finally enjoying other games than this for now.

Random as fun fact: I have the appropirate wig to cosplay Aluche. She has the same hair colour as Sumi, likely a tad darker though. Though I need breasts first to realize this stupid idea.

Well, my final Fire Emblem post is something really adorable:

Anyways day or rather night is still young, so going to continue Azure 2.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

9 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Not having selectable DLCs is a no-go.

Three Houses is the only one like this. Awakening, Fates, and Echoes all let you pick which ones you want.

57 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Thanks, I will take this offer if needed.

So far I'm trying to get used on the combat system.

This game has tons of different combo attacks; not easy to memorize all of them.

No problem at all! Always happy to help out! 👍
And any excuse to talk about one of my absolute favorite games.
Yeah, the combat system can take some time getting used to, but I don't think it's hard to learn. It's basically Warriors, but deeper.

Knowing when to block, when to dodge and when to attack is basically the most important thing. Luckily, most enemies will telegraph their stronger attacks with a sound effect or a wind up animation, so you shouldn't get caught off guard too much.

39 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

not a bad battle theme

Ah, yes!
Absolutely beautiful! ^^

29 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Anyways day or rather night is still young, so going to continue Azure 2.

Nice, nice! Hope you enjoy! ^^

Just now, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I'm terrible at dodging in action-RPGs. It took me almost one entire playthrough in Tokyo Xanadu how to do the "barrel roll" in time. If I had taken real damage in the prologue fights, I'd have been dead likely.

Which difficulty are you playing on, if I may ask?