Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup!
I'm right in the middle of it! On hour 2 right now. I realized I couldn't sleep, so I thought to myself "might as well give the second hour a go".

It must be jarring to pick up a race in the middle of it.

Good luck!

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

That's cause the original FF7 is garbage. FF8 is where you should have started. Much better quality story, gameplay, etc etc.

I think you should know very well thats highly debatable.😛

Bad romance, underdeveloped rest of the crew, main story is... I'm not sure, maybe insufficiently grand? Then again, you are wandering over the world in VII too, not like there is an overarching great mission other than "chase Sephiroth". Music is about equal, Man with the Machine Gun is great, but One Winged Angel outdoes Maybe I'm Lion and The Extreme for final battle themes. Visuals, VIII wins hands down, but thats about the only category you can say that for.

And gameplay? 'ello enemies that automatically level with you, and actually get stronger if you don't Junction better spells, which takes a wee bit of annoying time to do. And, if you want to be some super-optimal freak, you'll turn off random encounters or only turn enemies into cards to avoid earning EXP. And then you play hours of Triple Triad to get incredible Junctions to finish the breaking of all notions of difficulty. -Though Enemy Skill Materia, grinding for KotR, or early Omnislash all break VII. And knowing that you should avoid fighting to keep things easy isn't something the average player would know.

I ain't saying you can't prefer VIII over VII (I'll say V is my favorite, and I think I'm becoming gradually detached from the franchise), thats entirely acceptable because differing opinions on video games are totally valid. But you'd have to be totally unaware of the general fanbase to not know that VIII has a mixed reputation. 

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It must be jarring to pick up a race in the middle of it.

Good luck!

Thanks!
Actually, it's not all that jarring, since you always start from your last save, which is in the pit lane, where your tyres are changed and the refueling happens.
1g4BFbt.png

This is basically the first thing you see when you load the save (of course, if you choose a different car, there will be a different car here).
And the game's UI tells you all the info you need provided you know how to read it.

For example, that time in the upper left corner there is a real time clock. If it was a 12 hour clock, it would say 5 p.m.
The race started at 4 p.m. (just like its real life counterpart until a few years ago) and lasts until 4 p.m. the next day.

Edited by DragonFlames

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I like IV best... VI is up there too...

VI is in need of a real remake if you ask me. IV works being as simple as it is, but VI could use a serious gameplay update, it makes it too boring for me to return to it nowadays. Moar character interactions (and world-building/story) because SNES charm isn't enough to go on decades later would be very desirable too. Male Terra option would be a fun but highly unlikely bonus too; if only I could find that beta drawing showing a very Squall-like male Terra surrounded by the rest of the cast.

Oh wait, here it is!:

SNLCNiz.jpg

Complete with the "Big Sister" who was supposed to be part of the Cyan-Gau-Sabin "family", and Strago's Wife, both scrapped.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Male Terra option would be a fun but highly unlikely bonus too.

Oh please no.

Let games have defined protagonists.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

except ch10 CQ is the fun kind of danger xD

I have one big problem with the chapter the Pegasus Knights are too much!, if you pull back the sea, eventually it should come back in. And if all the water is instantly set free instead of slowly returning when the Dragon Vein wears off, then we get what the Hoshidans call a "tsu-nami". 🌊

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have one big problem with the chapter the Pegasus Knights are too much!, if you pull back the sea, eventually it should come back in. And if all the water is instantly set free instead of slowly returning when the Dragon Vein wears off, then we get what the Hoshidans call a "tsu-nami". 🌊

>Fates

>Making sense

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

the Pegasus Knights are too much!

ive5eA9.png

Bowzu no densetsu

Ah, good old Bismix!
That guy's videos are genius. xD

My personal favorite ones are the stat screwed and ambush spawn ones.

---

Anyway, it's 3:30 in the morning and I'm still not tired.
What to do, what to do? XD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

>Fates

>Making sense

ive5eA9.png

Bowzu no densetsu

Speaking of which, how's Grandmaster treating your Corncob? Too gimped or is it okay?