Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yay! A productive member of society!😄 -Unlike me.

Hey, now. Don't be like that.

'Course I'll end up regretting saying that once I get a job, but then thats how life often is. Things can sound good, as long as you don't have them, but then they aren't once you do.

Well, all I can do is wait and see what happens. And, you know, get used to the massive change in a mere five days.

If not wanting be sad is childish, then I need to dig up this Yakuza image I randomly found in some comments on Destructoid once. Looked like Like A Dragon threw in the "Adults Who Like Acting Like A Baby" fetish at some point. -Because darn I do NOT like being depressed!

...Like A Dragon did wha...?

Well, but then, I always bring up the dominatrix thing in Yakuza 0, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

Depression is no good, so I hope the best for you.😉

Bah, don't listen to me, I'm being melodramatic. Nothing like that's going to happen.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

😳

Yakuza has the darndest characters end up as repeat characters; Gondawara is one of just, what, four characters to make the transition from the Kiryu saga into LAD? I guess the current devs must really like him, since he first appears in Kiwami 2, which is coincidentally one of the best Yakuza games.

As a fun fact, the LAD speedrun actually does the baby substory, so every run gets to see that part of the game.

And re: the whole masculinity is a front thing... Yeah, I do agree with the post in general.

Well, not the part about banging blokes, but the other parts.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Like A Dragon did wha...?

The Baby Don't Cry substory, a sequel to Kiwami 2's hit substory Be My Baby, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series & Knuckles.

Edited by Benice

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I thought I was wasting the old man's tax money before I started working. Now it's after? Make up your mind, old man.

"Mayor's office" = government work = waste of tax dollars pesetas euros.

QED

1 hour ago, Benice said:

And re: the whole masculinity is a front thing... Yeah, I do agree with the post in general.

Well, not the part about banging blokes

You said what you said.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

The Baby Don't Cry substory, a sequel to Kiwami 2's hit substory Be My Baby, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series & Knuckles.

Ah. That makes sense.

7 minutes ago, ping said:

"Mayor's office" = government work = waste of tax dollars pesetas euros.

QED

Ah, I get it.

Bloody blisters on my fingers. 

The things I do to play music.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, back pain. Name a sexier prospect.

Frankly, all my other problems with anime's bad habits aside, I just don't get what people find so sexy about barely covered balloon tiddies. It's so over-the-top.

The bigger is better mentalities hurts us in many ways. Now we have characters that look damn near close to blow up dolls.

Now even considering my gripes with how different media portrays women, it's just odd proportion wise, it's like Cloud's buster sword.

In other news, this is a crossover that should totally happen.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You said what you said.

I apologize for asking, but wht do you mean by that? My brain cells are completely gone right now...

Out of 5 PS2 consoles, only 2 have lasted for me. 

My JP console and my current US one. Both are in excellent condition, as I take care of my stuff, but geez PS2's are fragile.

Koei Tecmo: "We take the source material so seriously that we made Sanji incapable of attacking any and all female officers, despite this making him a giant pain in the ass to play."

Also Koei Tecmo: "Let's have Sanji participate in the finishing blow against Big Mama"

I guess the way they see it, Sanji's chivalry does not extend to the elderly and the ugly.

But anyway, Pirate Warriors 4 is really good. Love that character levels were ditched entirely, so you can actually play the characters you want, instead of having to constantly have to refrain from using them because they might be to under- or overleveled.
Not that there isn't a progression system, but the way it works here means that you could max out a character without ever actually playing them. There aren't any rare random drops either.

Map design is also much better and closer to the main series games. Though sadly not quite there. Still, at times you do actually feel pressured and battles will often turn into a beautiful chaotic mess.

Probably replaces Hyrule Warriors as my favorite Musou game. Maps might still be worse, but it makes up for it with superior combat (no stupid weakpoint gauge, thank god) and the simple fact that it doesn't force you to spend more time managing your inventory then you do actually beating the snort out of enemies.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

The bigger is better mentalities hurts us in many ways. Now we have characters that look damn near close to blow up dolls.

Now even considering my gripes with how different media portrays women, it's just odd proportion wise, it's like Cloud's buster sword.

Yeah, it looks very unnatural.

Fire Strikers?

I mean, the roster would probably suck as hard as the roster of Warriors, but sure, why not. If nothing else I'll get to beat the shit out of Hilda and Claude.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I apologize for asking, but wht do you mean by that? My brain cells are completely gone right now...

It was a bad joke, pay me little mind.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

OyzU2qR.png

secretly FE protag?

I always start reading manga pages the western way and get confused for a second. I was like "wait who is a dragon since that boy's dad?" and then I realized I'm a moron.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, the roster would probably suck as hard as the roster of Warriors, but sure, why not. If nothing else I'll get to beat the shit out of Hilda and Claude.

Sounds nice, but the downside is you would also have to use the likes of Hilda and Claude for it. Whoever they are. Can't possibly be the ones from Holy War and Vestaria Saga, I suppose.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Sounds nice, but the downside is you would also have to use the likes of Hilda and Claude for it. Whoever they are. Can't possibly be the ones from Holy War and Vestaria Saga, I suppose.

I would progress as far as I didn't need to use them.

Then I would declare "game complete".

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

grill

Oh. Well, my mistake.

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

the fire should be enough clue

What fire...?

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

was a bad joke, pay me little mind

Oh.

Sorry, guess I'm too tired to comprehend comedy right now...

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm pondering how hypothetical siege tomes would actually affect siege warfare. Killing the garrison? Yeah, totally reasonable. But damaging the fortress itself? Well, lightning and fire will get rid of any wooden structures, but then for the very best fortresses, I would assume the defender would build everything out rammed earth and stone. 

I get the impression that Meteor doesn't generate actual hot rocks, but is merely fire magical energies in the illusory temporary form of a hot rock. And that the illusion vanishes almost immediately after impact. Would a plain old trebuchet be better? Is there enough potency in a Bolting to crack stone? Based on Soren's roaring RD wind blast, how effective would Blizzard be at dislodging masonry?  

I haven't looked up the historical-scientific veracity of the claim, but I'm thinking of one of Hannibal's purported actions in his attempted conquest of the Roman Republic. That being heating up rocks that were in his way over a prolonged duration and then pouring cold vinegar on them to make them instantly crack into non-obstacles. Would ideal use for magics against fortifications be using fire and then cool wind in the same manner right against a fortress's outer wall? It'd be heckuva lot dangerous, and require proper shielding from the defenders above for hours on end.

That's the thing, I suspect the being able to hit troops in garrisons from further away would make the job of breaching the walls with siege engines easier, so that would be a useful part of the siege to begin with. If you have your wooden gate, it'd be logical to throw a fireball at it, but any porticulis or even stone gates would require such force that you'd pretty much have to sustain impact on it and that's probably the biggest limit in FE magic being used to demolish stone.

That idea of using cool liquid on a heated object to crack it would make for a neat myth if it wasn't true to accentuate Hannibal's intellect so it makes sense to have that as a story. Naturally it'd take too much to effectively prepare in a siege, thus why similar weaknesses were either broken through with force or blown to bits in reality.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You saying this and Ruben mentioning "drunk kids" makes me think more the opposite. Turning bedrooms into bathrooms.

-Thankfully being very Aspie and never leaving the nest not even for college means I've never had to put up with that stuff. If also denying me the opportunity to adjust towards self-independence/sufficiency on a greater scale.

Knowing how slummy some places can get, both show up sometimes.

The big issue right now is that nobody can rent on their own.

Add that to the Nowi in better costumes folder.

Who knows, maybe her team would have Fae, Tiki and Myrrh

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

zpOPQoJ.png

Ya know

i am curious as well lmao

uSakKRt.png

"No way i am giving her the Dragon x Human talk" -Papa Dragon

Dragon dad really just fobbed it off to the mom.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fire Strikers?

Okay hear me out.

Garon team captain

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I always start reading manga pages the western way and get confused for a second. I was like "wait who is a dragon since that boy's dad?" and then I realized I'm a moron.

For me it's the reverse. I thank the Pokemon manga for teaching me how to read as a kid.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Who knows, maybe her team would have Fae, Tiki and Myrrh

And Bantu

What would the team name be?

The amount of people that take interest in the Berwick sign, though.

I love it.

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh.

Sorry, guess I'm too tired to comprehend comedy right now...

It's okay, it happens.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Okay hear me out.

Garon team captain

Sold. Give me ten units.