Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

There's also this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/4303fq/can_we_all_just_agree/czei694

I don't know enough for myself to know if its right or not…

If the US version is slightly larger, its probably because dual audio. And if the sizes of the games are very close, it also suggests the live2D assets are still there.

were just 23 day away from becoming the new (insert indecisive/annoying fanbase)

That happened almost three years after Awakening dropped, mate. However, i can tell you this: This whole debacle does not reflect well on the fandom at all. And we are probably going to get this very unsavory reputation of being a bunch of wishy washy weaboo howler monkeys. :(

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest, Fates was designed to make money. And how could it not, when the story is spread over three paths and a good number of people will get all three?

Gotta make sure we get future games somehow! Whether or not this was a good choice is kinda up for debate...I feel tired when I say that (guess this debating topic drained a lot outta me over two days...).

If the US version is slightly larger, its probably because dual audio. And if the sizes of the games are very close, it also suggests the live2D assets are still there.

That happened almost three years after Awakening dropped, mate. However, i can tell you this: This whole debacle does not reflect well on the fandom at all. And we are probably going to get this very unsavory reputation of being a bunch of wishy washy weaboo howler monkeys. :(

I couldn't have described the impression better myself.

I think we should step back from this topic a bit and give ourselves some down time. We tend to think about things more rationally and with a better attitude when our minds are clear and not tired.

Gonna play some Path of Radiance because I got an emulator working aww yeeee

Let's be honest, Fates was designed to make money. And how could it not, when the story is spread over three paths and a good number of people will get all three?

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but yeah this is obviously what they were doing

Can I just say how sad it is that the last time I saw the FE community this salty was shortly after the Phoenix mode reveal. Like darn people, this much salt over such a tiny feature is just sad.

The addition of a feature doesn't matter to me, but not having a choice others do irks me to no end. I'm not really overreacting to it, though, merely calmly giving my opinion as to what i will do should it happen to pass wherever people are discussing it. And it's not like I'm really going to overreact if it is true, either, just be disappointed, and make sure to not research a fire emblem game before it's out so I don't know that I've been voided a potential choice to do something.

I couldn't have described the impression better myself.

I think we should step back from this topic a bit and give ourselves some down time. We tend to think about things more rationally and with a better attitude when our minds are clear and not tired.

Gonna play some Path of Radiance because I got an emulator working aww yeeee

I second that, stepping back a bit (because this topic is kinda draining) is a good idea.

I also second the emulator! Got Path of Radiance done though and I'm heading to Radiant Dawn...heck yeah

Edited by Busterman64

LOL Neogaf is a real cesspool right now discussing this.

As for me, I don't mind. I'm really counting the days for the release.

Both that and Gamefaqs.

Then again, that board had been dissolving into madness for a while now and this just gave it a final push. I think I might have to permanently stay away from that from now on. I can't even express an opinion there without getting attacked anymore.

I actually think SF is one of the more level-headed places right now lol. Which is quite impressive. Besides that, we managed to fill the 31 pages of this topic with a lot of irrelevant things.

Edited by Tryhard

Well I found this twitter post from someone who emailed Nintendo so it may be false either way it seems like the answer is just we really don't know yet.

https://twitter.com/SDC_Batz/status/692499937028874241?s=09f

This has been posted already, although the twitter user makes a good point. If it "hasn't been announced yet", how did Kotaku get the info? A leak?

n8nfdGbm.jpg

I think we've passed Smash Bros. level of saltiness at this point. It's kind of fucking ridiculous. I didn't want skinship to be removed, but I'm not going to act like a whiny bitch about it.

Forget just Smash. I think the fanbase has surpassed Smash, Zelda, and Sonic combined.

I feel like here at SF is the only place where people have been at least level-headed with their thoughts on the matter.

This has been posted already, although the twitter user makes a good point. If it "hasn't been announced yet", how did Kotaku get the info? A leak?

Oh sorry I sifted through the forums but didn't see it posted and honestly I think this was all just a misunderstanding if you look at the Kotaku quote

“Yes, that is the case [that petting isn’t in the English version]. You might have heard somewhat misinterpreted or exaggerated information about the Japanese original game, but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan.”

It really seems like the representative misunderstood their question(like maybe he though the representative was asking if you could grope or whatnot?) it doesn't really sound like it was taken out to me at least just by this quote.

To be frank, I would be very surprised if the whole thing was taken out.

Many seem to be assuming that the removal of Skinshipping would also mean removal of the 3D Models, which I'm not sure is the case. If they could just remove the petting (assuming they're removing anything at all), there would be no reason to take the models out, and I'm sure everyone wants the models in above all else.

Forget just Smash. I think the fanbase has surpassed Smash, Zelda, and Sonic combined.

It still has a way to go before it reaches any of those 3 at all, or Final Fantasy to be honest.

To be frank, I would be very surprised if the whole thing was taken out.

Many seem to be assuming that the removal of Skinshipping would also mean removal of the 3D Models, which I'm not sure is the case. If they could just remove the petting (assuming they're removing anything at all), there would be no reason to take the models out, and I'm sure everyone wants the models in above all else.

That's my thought. I don't care for petting but the models are nice to look at.

I've read comments about this on other sites, and I got to say; this forum is the only one to seriously entertain the possibility that the feature is still in. The others mostly took it at face value pretty quickly.

I think it's because there are genuine Fire Emblem fans here, I may not have much of a history with the series, but I can't help but be bothered how much the negatives get talked about. I mean, some people treat Awakenings success as this thing that didn't deserve to happen and all I hear about it is "dating sims" (which to those who actually plays or seen dating sim games should know how wrong the statement is). So it's hard to talk about Fire Emblem without stuff like this coming up.

I thought this feature was hilarious. I wasn't really going to use it much, but I don't exactly get how something optional can effect a person so much. I mean, it was just a menu option right? It's a little hard for me to get my thoughts across, but when I comments like "good it was creepy" or "now I can actually play the game" I can't help but feel sorry for the developers. They just wanted to make something fun right? I'm still buying this game, but if it's out, I will be disappointed that NoA didn't feel confident enough in this game to withstand the complaints. Although maybe this is a testament to how enough fan reaction to something optional perceived as creepy by people can change a game huh?

Things I missed: 32 pages. No, I'm not rereading all of that, I'm not feeling well.

I'll wait and see until the game is released, before I judge whether or not this is accurate reporting/a good thing/whatever. I'd be slightly disappointed from a pure gameplay standpoint, but that's about it.

Things I missed: 32 pages. No, I'm not rereading all of that, I'm not feeling well.

here, let me help sum it up

imagine people complaining, people rejoicing, people saying kotaku is bad, people posting articles that cite the kotaku article, people saying that those articles are wrong, people pointing out the trailer that had a ! mark in it, and people discussing whether or not it should be replaced by a card game (which it totally should be!)

probably a few other things but those are the important ones

You forgot the people who are saying making a whole new anything for FE Fates goes well beyond localization, and therefore is unlikely, seeing as how they've only said they were localizing.

Actually... that could just be me, right now, for the first time.