Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Naga, Tiki and Julia all in blue? That’s cute.

It would also be the first time there are three legendary/mythics in a single colour that I don’t have. Resisting the urge to splurge just became a lot easier.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

IS posting fake news on their own news feed would be some next level misdirection.

Unless they pull it off really well and even then, it would probably piss off people. Didn't some people legitimately get angry at the April Fools' thing with Feh? I'm not sure how this even got leaked. The next legendary banner isn't until the end of the month and August just began. It'd be hilarious if more stuff gets leaked in the coming days. RIP their plans for announcing the next banner and CYL.

Well, I'm waiting for Kronya and the update. With the update, it's going to be me an excuse to level and 5* a Beruka and Boey. Boey's going to be stuck with Mae so I finally level their support as well. I could do it now, but knowing what their weapons actually do would make it easier to pick which asset I'd want them to run.

The grey unit being the most interesting isn't an accident, but a natural consequence of IS's obsession with the trope of the heroic sword-wielding (sometimes lance-wielding) champion causing an oversaturation and a high degree of competition of those unit types in canon and leaving precious little for other weapon types outside of alt banners. I blame King Arthur, personally. This is why on the whole I prefer alt banners over new hero ones, especially now that "seasonal" and "new hero" are no longer (mostly) mutually exclusive.

I think it will take the next mainline FE game to be set in the Stone Age before the invention of swords for things to get better. Make it so, IS.

Edited by Humanoid

Stupid thought I had and it was when Giffca is introduced that he ends up with Close Def 4 and Close Guard 3 and his weapon does the opposite of Caineghis's Lion King Fang where instead of granting him Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 in combat when a foe initiates, his weapon inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on his foe when they initiate. I don't know, him being Caineghis's shadow and having the complement skills and effects to Caineghis I guess.

Edited by Kaden

13 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I don't know, him being Caineghis's shadow and having the complement skills and effects to Caineghis I guess.

Going on their RD stats, Giffca has the Nullify skill, which negates effective bonuses. Caineghis has Fortune- nullifies Crits.

And compared to Caineghis, Giffca has a tiny bit less HP, Str, Lck, and Def. But Giffca has a bit more Spd (not entirely insignificant, with single 50% Spd proc, he can double Auras without White Pool, Caineghis needs 2 procs at 20%), and an extra point of Res. Same in Skl and useless Mag.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Hide contents

If this is real, then what the fuck.

I mean, don't get me wrong. Jugdral needed SOMETHING. But where the fuck are Seliph, Sigurd, and Leif? For fuck's sake, Seliph needs SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

Spoiler

Isn't Julia canonically more powerful than them? Makes sense she's the first Jugdral legendary. It's not like she has multiple alts. 

BTW, I thought that was Micaiah at first glance lol. 

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Going on their RD stats, Giffca has the Nullify skill, which negates effective bonuses. Caineghis has Fortune- nullifies Crits.

And compared to Caineghis, Giffca has a tiny bit less HP, Str, Lck, and Def. But Giffca has a bit more Spd (not entirely insignificant, with single 50% Spd proc, he can double Auras without White Pool, Caineghis needs 2 procs at 20%), and an extra point of Res. Same in Skl and useless Mag.

Yeah, I know they're not the same and I looked them up before posting, but it was a weird idea of what if Giffca showed up being like the "opposite" of Caineghis.

Also, holy hell, the CYL3 units. In case people haven't watched the new channel update yet.

Spoiler

CYL Alm introduced Threaten Atk/Spd 3? Why? I don't know, maybe it will work better than the current Threaten skills. He's a sword infantry with Dracofalchion which is effective against dragons, grants Atk+3, and has the same surrounded by foes effect Walhart's Wolf Berg has, but grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 instead of +4. Yeah, Alm doesn't gain a mount when promoting, but maybe it would have been interesting if he were a cavalry like his father and like Walhart or even an armor. And yes, he's wearing the armor people were hoping he was going to wear. Now it's got a fuzzy collar.

CYL Camilla is an offensive healer. Her staff called Sanngridr straight up has Swift Sparrow 1.5 because of course it does. Other than her murdering stuff, I have a feeling she might be the F2P pick. CYL Veronica is better at buffing and debuffing, but CYL Camilla has more flexible movement as a flier and her staff is a personal Gravity with Swift Sparrow 1.5 and Dazzling Staff 3 as its additional effects. She also is introducing Atk/Spd Push 4 which works at >= 25% HP instead of needing to be at 100%.

CYL Eliwood apparently has 162 BST as a lance cavalry and his personal lance is Ninis's Ice Lance which is effective against dragons and beasts and has a Spectrum Blow effect. Ninis's Lance is weird since I don't remember a Ninis in Binding Blade. We have Nils and Ninian and their mother is named Aenir. I had to look it up and the name comes from Ninis's Grace, the ring Ninian has, but the thing is that it's a ring and not a lance. Other than that, I don't recall Ninis ever being mentioned elsewhere.

CYL Micaiah is a green mage flier and like her usual self has a tome that is effective against armor and cavalry. This time, it grants her Res+3 like her regular self and has Penalty Doubler like unique refined Saizo's Star.

Here's a link to their weapons and tier 4 skills: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ckzbw5/cyl3_winners_revealed_skills_and_weapons_combined/.

And their stats: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ckyz5w/cyl3_possible_skillset/.

Edited by Kaden

25 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I know they're not the same and I looked them up before posting, but it was a weird idea of what if Giffca showed up being like the "opposite" of Caineghis.

Also, holy hell, the CYL3 units. In case people haven't watched the new channel update yet.

Reveal hidden contents

CYL Alm introduced Threaten Atk/Spd 3? Why? I don't know, maybe it will work better than the current Threaten skills. He's a sword infantry with Dracofalchion which is effective against dragons, grants Atk+3, and has the same surrounded by foes effect Walhart's Wolf Berg has, but grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 instead of +4. Yeah, Alm doesn't gain a mount when promoting, but maybe it would have been interesting if he were a cavalry like his father and like Walhart or even an armor. And yes, he's wearing the armor people were hoping he was going to wear. Now it's got a fuzzy collar.

CYL Camilla is an offensive healer. Her staff called Sanngridr straight up has Swift Sparrow 1.5 because of course it does. Other than her murdering stuff, I have a feeling she might be the F2P pick. CYL Veronica is better at buffing and debuffing, but CYL Camilla has more flexible movement as a flier and her staff is a personal Gravity with Swift Sparrow 1.5 and Dazzling Staff 3 as its additional effects. She also is introducing Atk/Spd Push 4 which works at >= 25% HP instead of needing to be at 100%.

CYL Eliwood apparently has 162 BST as a lance cavalry and his personal lance is Ninis's Ice Lance which is effective against dragons and beasts and has a Spectrum Blow effect. Ninis's Lance is weird since I don't remember a Ninis in Binding Blade. We have Nils and Ninian and their mother is named Aenir. I had to look it up and the name comes from Ninis's Grace, the ring Ninian has, but the thing is that it's a ring and not a lance. Other than that, I don't recall Ninis ever being mentioned elsewhere.

CYL Micaiah is a green mage flier and like her usual self has a tome that is effective against armor and cavalry. This time, it grants her Res+3 like her regular self and has Penalty Doubler like unique refined Saizo's Star.

Here's a link to their weapons and tier 4 skills: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ckzbw5/cyl3_winners_revealed_skills_and_weapons_combined/.

And their stats: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ckyz5w/cyl3_possible_skillset/.

Gifca is likely to be Red but i do wonder how he would turn out. This is because Ashnard is an Axe wielder and Gifca is explicitly send in the PoR story to deal with Ashnard

......Because Ashnard is too weak. And iirc Gifca more than proves it >_>

In my opinion so far all the Royal Laguz is a notch above everyone else. Naesala, in my experience have been pretty rad, Tibarn is a freaking monster with his inability to properly Savage Blow as only downside, Naillah is a monster of a duelist. Reyson and Leanne are both amazing dancers

We only have the Dragons left, and lets be honest Giffca is pretty much a Royal too

All 4 of the CYL is a monster. I feel like people's expectation on them would miss in that i personally think Camilla will be the best off proxy due to her weapon type being good and underwhelming be damned, its a good effect. Whereas Micaiah seems like a textbook monster

Eliwood and Alm is great but feels shaky. Its especially amusing since Alm and Eliwood both had a ridiculous Legendary version, i'd argue Eliwood, Alm, and Azura is Top 5 atm

Spoiler

To be exact Alm have a passive that basically says "+15 Attack its cool" which allows him to go with many weapon choices and go far with them

Eliwood's weapon is great but hes a one note offensive nuke horse. Its just that he nukes 2 major category which is freaking awesome but still

So weird that they recognize how meta effective weapon is though 3 out of 4 CYL pick is a typeslayer

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Gifca is likely to be Red but i do wonder how he would turn out. This is because Ashnard is an Axe wielder and Gifca is explicitly send in the PoR story to deal with Ashnard

Actually Ashnard's weapon it's a Sword... Yeah I know, it's weird for a post-Sacred Stones Dragon Rider to use Swords, but it's right.

Edited by Troykv

31 minutes ago, Kaden said:
Spoiler

CYL Camilla is an offensive healer. Her staff called Sanngridr straight up has Swift Sparrow 2 because of course it does. Other than her murdering stuff, I have a feeling she might be the F2P pick. CYL Veronica is better at buffing and debuffing, but CYL Camilla has more flexible movement as a flier and her staff is a personal Gravity with Swift Sparrow 3 and Dazzling Staff 3 as its additional effects. She also is introducing Atk/Spd Push 4 which works at >= 25% HP instead of needing to be at 100%.

Spoiler

Nice. As usual, colorless is best color. I am glad they made CYL Camilla colorless.

I hope CYL Micaiah's B skill allows her to guarantee double or consistently one shot things. She is kind of pathetic other wise.

CYL Eliwood looks fine.

Similar to CYL Micaiah, CYL Alm is going to have trouble doubling, so he probably wants Desperation-Brash Assault judging by his A skill. Looks kind underwhelming in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Actually Ashnard's weapon it's a Sword... Yeah I know, it's weird for a post-Sacred Stones Dragon Rider to use Swords, but it's right.

huh maybe i misremember it because.... Axe in Awakening

Blue Giffca then?

18 minutes ago, XRay said:
  Hide contents

Similar to CYL Micaiah, CYL Alm is going to have trouble doubling, so he probably wants Desperation-Brash Assault judging by his A skill. Looks kind underwhelming in my opinion.

I figure it'd be okay to talk about it without spoilers now. Weird thing about CYL Alm is that he has Threaten Atk/Spd 3. If it's somehow an in combat thing, then CYL Alm could find himself doubling things fine even though his visible stats say otherwise. If it's straight up Tharja's Hex's Anathema effect, "Inflicts Atk/Spd-4 on foes within 2 spaces during combat", then with the guess of CYL Alm's speed being 35, he would effectively have 39 speed in combat. With +Spd, Swift Sparrow 3 if you don't want to use Scendscale for its guaranteed damage, then CYL Alm's effective speed might be fine. If not or if it doesn't have better range kind of like New Year's Gunnthra's Hikami, then okay, this skill exists like the other Threaten skills.

That said, he's not the most appealing unit to me. There's a lot of sword infantry, especially hyper offensive ones. And another that said, more dragon slayers is more dragon slayers, so whatever.

Out of favoritism, I'd like CYL Eliwood. Not exactly thrilled with 3/4 of his versions being melee cavalry, but whatever on that and he's the third unit with an effective against beast weapon and the first unit with an effective against dragon lance. With there only being 4 flying healers including CYL Camilla, I'm going to gun for her if she somehow isn't the F2P pick. If she is, then yay, I don't have to summon for her and that means more flying healers. CYL Micaiah would be nice since my only green tome flier is spring Camilla where with both of them, I'd have one mage tank and one physical tank who'd need to inherit some stuff, but yeah, they would be able to cover different things. She'd also be my only green mage who deals effective damage against armors which isn't saying much since she's the only green mage with an effective against armor tome.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I figure it'd be okay to talk about it without spoilers now. Weird thing about CYL Alm is that he has Threaten Atk/Spd 3. If it's somehow an in combat thing, then CYL Alm could find himself doubling things fine even though his visible stats say otherwise. If it's straight up Tharja's Hex's Anathema effect, "Inflicts Atk/Spd-4 on foes within 2 spaces during combat", then with the guess of CYL Alm's speed being 35, he would effectively have 39 speed in combat. With +Spd, Swift Sparrow 3 if you don't want to use Scendscale for its guaranteed damage, then CYL Alm's effective speed might be fine. If not or if it doesn't have better range kind of like New Year's Gunnthra's Hikami, then okay, this skill exists like the other Threaten skills.

That said, he's not the most appealing unit to me. There's a lot of sword infantry, especially hyper offensive ones. And another that said, more dragon slayers is more dragon slayers, so whatever.

Thing is Threaten Atk/Spd is inheritable, which means other units can use it as well. If it has the effect you described, it basically means the Spd ceiling is raised for everyone, as it is essentially an even better "A" skill than Rouse since you cannot stack Rouse with bonus buffs. Overtime, CYL Alm is going to lose his Spd edge.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Thing is Threaten Atk/Spd is inheritable, which means other units can use it as well. If it has the effect you described, it basically means the Spd ceiling is raised for everyone, as it is essentially an even better "A" skill than Rouse since you cannot stack Rouse with bonus buffs. Overtime, CYL Alm is going to lose his Spd edge.

I know that, but his speed could be fine with the units he's fighting. The other thing is that if you stack enough attack with him, speed might not matter. He's guaranteed damage with Scendscale and if you can set it up, Glimmer, Moonbow, or Ruptured Sky or a 3 cooldown special with Time's Pulse and Special Spiral could work better for CYL Alm to just one shot things. Yes, I know he's targeting defense and he's a melee unit, so he won't be as good as a Special Spiral mage or Ares who has Dark Mystletainn, a Killer, Special Spiral sword, allowing him to run Vantage with Special Spiral.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I know that, but his speed could be fine with the units he's fighting. The other thing is that if you stack enough attack with him, speed might not matter. He's guaranteed damage with Scendscale and if you can set it up, Glimmer, Moonbow, or Ruptured Sky or a 3 cooldown special with Time's Pulse and Special Spiral work better for CYL Alm to one shot things and he'd prefer +Atk over +Spd. Yes, I know he's targeting defense and he's a melee unit, so he won't be as good as a Special Spiral mage or Ares who has Dark Mystletainn, a Killer, Special Spiral sword, allowing him to run Vantage with Special Spiral.

I guess it is not too bad in that case if he can one shot things, but he still feels a bit obsolete since Ares exist as you already mentioned.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

I guess it is not too bad in that case if he can one shot things, but he still feels a bit obsolete since Ares exist as you already mentioned.

The curse of Valentia, I guess. In Awakening, Alm's lineage dies with Walhart. Or maybe it's just a whoever ends up as a CYL sword unit thing. CYL Roy was good, but then Siegbert showed up being able to do a similar thing and had gen 2 melee cavalry BST. CYL Celica to some was written off as Death Blow 4 fodder and now we have Dimitri in the regular summoning pool and legendary Eliwood who have it. Double Lion still lets her do wacky things since she can Brave with any sword. Mystic Boost seal when? And then we have CYL Alm who from the looks of it, hits hard by being able to deal true damage and is our sixth Falchion sword infantry. Guess which other sword infantry hit hard, but doesn't deal true damage? M!Byleth, Laevatein, and Soleil have similar attack and speed as him where M!Byleth has a Killer, Null Follow-up sword allowing both Byleths to run Watersweep and Windsweep to do outrageous things, Laevatein has a -blade blade, and Soleil is easier to merge being a 3* to 4* summonable unit. The thing that stands out I guess is that he has around 172 BST which is between gen 2 melee armor and gen 1 melee armor and gen 3 melee infantry, so he'll score well in arena.

All right, who's next that you want me to trash talk? I remember a Reddit thread where someone compared Edelgard to Bartre and the post said that Bartre was more or less on the same level as Edelgard. 😛

Edit: It just dawned on me that CYL Alm, like fallen F!Corrin, has around the same BST as Duma. Guess he really did obtain power.

Edited by Kaden

58 minutes ago, Kaden said:

The curse of Valentia, I guess. In Awakening, Alm's lineage dies with Walhart. Or maybe it's just a whoever ends up as a CYL sword unit thing. CYL Roy was good, but then Siegbert showed up being able to do a similar thing and had gen 2 melee cavalry BST. CYL Celica to some was written off as Death Blow 4 fodder and now we have Dimitri in the regular summoning pool and legendary Eliwood who have it. Double Lion still lets her do wacky things since she can Brave with any sword. Mystic Boost seal when? And then we have CYL Alm who from the looks of it, hits hard by being able to deal true damage and is our sixth Falchion sword infantry. Guess which other sword infantry hit hard, but doesn't deal true damage? M!Byleth, Laevatein, and Soleil have similar attack and speed as him where M!Byleth has a Killer, Null Follow-up sword allowing both Byleths to run Watersweep and Windsweep to do outrageous things, Laevatein has a -blade blade, and Soleil is easier to merge being a 3* to 4* summonable unit. The thing that stands out I guess is that he has around 172 BST which is between gen 2 melee armor and gen 1 melee armor and gen 3 melee infantry, so he'll score well in arena.

All right, who's next that you want me to trash talk? I remember a Reddit thread where someone compared Edelgard to Bartre and the post said that Bartre was more or less on the same level as Edelgard. 😛

Edit: It just dawned on me that CYL Alm, like fallen F!Corrin, has around the same BST as Duma. Guess he really did obtain power.

tbh Cellica is heavilly underrated. She have the punching power of most other swordie WITHOUT her Prf which allows her to blow up so many things with the Armorslayer build. Her being worse than Veronica is just a byproduct of Staves being the greates weapon type in history, something i suspect would be repeated with Camilla

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

About the legendary banner, 

Spoiler

I only like blue and I need all its units (Naga and tiki for merges and get there won't be a better chance o gran Julia which is one of my favorite Jugdral characters ) but is it recommended to color snipe on these banners as I did that once in the past and I reached 11.5 and even on this mythic banner I did with two colors and I reached a high pity rate. 

Well played FEH, I think this set of banners is going to have me finally dip into the well of unclaimed orbs that I've been saving for a rainy day.

43 Story Maps - Normal
20 Story Maps - Hard
9 Paralogues - Normal
12 Paralogues - Hard

4 Skill Studies
4 Grandmaster

28 Squad Assault

20 Blessed Grounds - Water
20 Blessed Grounds - Wind
5 Blessed Grounds - Earth
20 Blessed Grounds - Fire

8 Chain Challenge - Book 1
22 Chain Challenge - Book 2
32 Chain Challenge - Book 3
60 Chain Challenge - Paralogues

That's 307 orbs in total to get, not too bad. I doubt I'll end up claiming even a three-digit amount of them, but still.

________

@SuperNova125 Nothing wrong with colour sniping on a legendary banner, it just means that statistically your average cost per summon trends towards 5 orbs rather than the flat 4 orb cost per summon if you open everything. Worst case scenario is that your 5-star units cost you 25% more orbs each, but realistically it'll be closer to half that. Say 15% more perhaps. Any variation on that is simply down to dumb luck.

That's a small price to pay for actually getting units you want. So absolutely do colour snipe.

Edited by Humanoid

Holy crap that leak. (Yes, That leak. This is a leak.)

Spoiler

I wasn't expecting Judgral to happen at all before Corrin. I also thought Water Pair up would be a thing first, guess I was highly wrong.

zbrdcyfaoxd31.png

nfFCZX3.png

Julia's all in on attack and Res. I'm okay with this.

As for the banner, I wanted to pull Green before but now it's underwhelming, Red could have been better (Ike and HS!Elise aren't exactly what I'm looking for now), Colourless is back to normal and Blue is busted, I'm on board.

7 hours ago, Kaden said:

Ninis's Lance is weird since I don't remember a Ninis in Binding Blade. We have Nils and Ninian and their mother is named Aenir. I had to look it up and the name comes from Ninis's Grace, the ring Ninian has, but the thing is that it's a ring and not a lance. Other than that, I don't recall Ninis ever being mentioned elsewhere.

Nils:
“It was blessed by the spirit of Ninis… There’s no other like it in the world.

So I guess the ring was blessed by some unexplained magical spirt being? Note the other three rings are named Thor's Ire, Filla Might, and Set's Litany. Whilst Ninis is a wholly new name, the other three might be FE references, or so SF's Mythological References page thinks.

Thor in real mythology wielded Mjolnir, tome of the Freeges in FE4, Ire is another translation of Wrath. Filla is another translation of Fjalar, the Crusader who used Valflame (Val can also be translated as Fala, which fan translations did). Set is short for Seti (officially translated as Ced), which is short for Forseti, and Forseti is the Jugdral dragon god with their wind tome named after them. Litany apparently is a translation for Prayer, which has been officially translated starting with PoR as Miracle, another FE skill (which in Jugdral involved dodging fatal hits and Set's Litany gives +10 Avoid).

-But I don't have the Japanese characters to compare for the above three dancer rings.

Still, maybe IS will consider following up on Beliwood's new lance as they did with making the three Fates of Norse mythos into weapons. I doubt it, but a Fjalar Sword, a Thor Axe, and a Forseti Bow wouldn't be the worst ideas, the only issue is that it'd diminish the specialness of Beliwood.

7 hours ago, Troykv said:

Although Ashnard did have an A Axe Rank besides his S Sword, with no Lance rank. 

Why? Maybe to show Ashnard is talented? I like to think it a parallel to Greil, who has A Sword and S Axe. And then to this parallelism I add Petrine and Titania, who serve Mr. Evil and Mr. Good both as Female Lance&Axe Paladins, but with opposite preferences- Petrine Lances and Titania Axes. 

-But this is just me reading into things.

9 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

In my opinion so far all the Royal Laguz is a notch above everyone else. Naesala, in my experience have been pretty rad, Tibarn is a freaking monster with his inability to properly Savage Blow as only downside, Naillah is a monster of a duelist. Reyson and Leanne are both amazing dancers

We only have the Dragons left, and lets be honest Giffca is pretty much a Royal too

All 4 of the CYL is a monster. I feel like people's expectation on them would miss in that i personally think Camilla will be the best off proxy due to her weapon type being good and underwhelming be damned, its a good effect. Whereas Micaiah seems like a textbook monster

Eliwood and Alm is great but feels shaky. Its especially amusing since Alm and Eliwood both had a ridiculous Legendary version, i'd argue Eliwood, Alm, and Azura is Top 5 atm

Reveal hidden contents

To be exact Alm have a passive that basically says "+15 Attack its cool" which allows him to go with many weapon choices and go far with them

Eliwood's weapon is great but hes a one note offensive nuke horse. Its just that he nukes 2 major category which is freaking awesome but still

So weird that they recognize how meta effective weapon is though 3 out of 4 CYL pick is a typeslayer

Voulg should get in too.