Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

If there was a way to put DC on him with all that, he'd be literally invincible.

Unless of course, he's panic'd. Then he's dead as a duck.

Its kinda why Legendary Eliwood, M Corrin, M Corrin, L Marth DC A slot is the better version of such set up yeah

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

49 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Man, orb saving is so painful. I don’t know how people do it!

For me, it's mostly it's the realisation that getting one copy of any given unit won't actually do much for me. They might have inflated BST and shiny new skills, but in the end I recognise that if I get them, they'll probably just be used as an AA counter unit at best. Whenever challenging content comes out, I know I'll simply revert to my true and tried core of commonly available and highly-merged units.

Few and far between are the units that would make a genuine difference to the meta, and I save for those occasions. Of the units I've gone far out of my way to pull for this year and managed to get, there are Legendaries Azura and Alm, Spring Palla, Summer Laegjarn and ...that's it actually. Of those, favouritism would have only applied to the latter two, but even then I wouldn't have pulled unless they brought something new to the table, which they did. Towel Hinoka arrived while I was taking a break from the game and another candidate for favouritism, but I lucked out and got her anyway. Tibarn I want now, but didn't want back when he was released. Thus the only unit I can say I regret missing out on due to lack of orbs is Bride Fjorm, and even then the recent addition of CYL Camilla softens the blow in terms of providing an alternative. So yeah, there are actually very few units I genuinely want over the course of the year.

Current most-wanted units:

High Demand
- Tibarn
- Bride Fjorm or Halloween Mia or CYL Camilla
- Evil Tiki

Medium Demand
- Dancer Micaiah
- Lethe or Keaton but only if I fail to get Tibarn
- Flylivia
- Velouria

Not a particularly long list.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

It is super easy for me because I care more about gameplay performance than using my waifus. I still pull for waifus, but it is few and far between and they are mostly Special Heroes.

I like Lucina, Camilla, Edelgard, etc. and all, but I am not going to summon them if their performance is crap or if they do not match my playstyle. Lucina is not bad per se, but she is well behind the times now. Camilla is... never that great in my opinion. Edelgard looks fun, but realistically, I do not think her playstyle is viable in Aether Raids. They are also sadly all melee units, which is not my cup of tea.

I honestly do not care what my units look like; I care about what is under the hood: stats and skills. Despite my extreme hatred for Surtr, you bet I will summon and use him if they gave him a Dancer/Singer alt.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Edelgard looks fun, but realistically, I do not think her playstyle is viable in Aether Raids.

In my personal experiences hovering in Tier 20, Edelgard just isn't viable.
Being sent in as a solo murderer is viable, especially with a little help getting to the enemy side via Smite (ESPECIALLY especially Mordecai's), but Edelgard being a melee unit without Distant Counter and an almost necessary A passive (Atk/Def Solo makes up half of her bonus stats when she wants to be very far away from any ally) means that she's a sitting duck against Ranged foes, which in my experience the enemy seems to pack 3 or 4 of per team, plus either two dancers or one Dancer and a bonus unit.

Hell, I had a better time using ODIN as a smited solo murderer. ODIN. Remember him, the guy who wasn't viable for anything until he gained full buffing ability?

...she's good in Arena Assault though, where people are far more likely to have a full team of physical melee units because they're typically worth more points.

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Being sent in as a solo murderer is viable, especially with a little help getting to the enemy side via Smite (ESPECIALLY especially Mordecai's), but Edelgard being a melee unit without Distant Counter and an almost necessary A passive (Atk/Def Solo makes up half of her bonus stats) means that she's a sitting duck against Ranged foes, which in my experience the enemy seems to pack 3 or 4 of per team, plus either two dancers or one Dancer and a bonus unit.

Hell, I had a better time using ODIN as a smited solo murderer. ODIN. Remember him, the guy who wasn't viable for anything until he gained full buffing ability?

Yeah, Blade mages are pretty badass.

If I were forced to use a melee unit, then I would just use DW!F!Corrin. She is colorless and got super Solo on her Weapon.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Being sent in as a solo murderer is viable, especially with a little help getting to the enemy side via Smite (ESPECIALLY especially Mordecai's), but Edelgard being a melee unit without Distant Counter and an almost necessary A passive (Atk/Def Solo makes up half of her bonus stats when she wants to be very far away from any ally) means that she's a sitting duck against Ranged foes, which in my experience the enemy seems to pack 3 or 4 of per team, plus either two dancers or one Dancer and a bonus unit.

...she's good in Arena Assault though, where people are far more likely to have a full team of physical melee units because they're typically worth more points.

I've been using her as a Galeforce unit in Aether Raids this week, and for that purpose she has been great. Her main problem is her 2 movement, so she needs to either be smited or teleport next to my other Galeforce unit using Wings of Mercy. She's really great once she gets in though, as having special cooldown -1 on her weapon makes it a lot easier to activate Galeforce. Teleporting next to someone with WoM means she can't activate Atk/Def Solo, but being a bonus unit this week has kind of made up for that. I might get her a different A-skill once she's not bonus anymore though. It really helps that Legendary Ephraim is a bonus unit as well right now, as he is often a perfect WoM beacon for Edelgard.

Honestly, orb saving is venerated to an almost cultist degree. My personal thoughts are that if you're saving for something specific that you know is coming - for instance, people saving for the Revival banners to try and +10 first-gen 5*-exclusives - that's good and cool, but besides that? If you have 15 / 20 orbs, and there's things you want and don't have, go for it. If the 'discipline' is making you unhappy or frustrated, then the problem doesn't rest with you; splurge and be happy. It's why we're all playing the game, after all.

14 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

For me, while there are times where it seems every other day I'm spending Orbs on something (usually in the Summer and around Halloween), it's relatively easy to save simply because IS rarely adds characters that I care about pulling on the spot.

For one, I don't pull on New Heroes Banners since they're added to the normal pool. Almost all of my spending is on Seasonals and Legendary Banners because they're limited. So I find it pretty easy to save because there's quite literally nothing I need to pull on. The last new Heroes Banner I pulled on was Nah and Yarne's simply because I had been waiting on those two for the longest.

I didn't even pull for Dimitri and part of me is having major regrets but I need to just accept this

6 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

Honestly, orb saving is venerated to an almost cultist degree. My personal thoughts are that if you're saving for something specific that you know is coming - for instance, people saving for the Revival banners to try and +10 first-gen 5*-exclusives - that's good and cool, but besides that? If you have 15 / 20 orbs, and there's things you want and don't have, go for it. If the 'discipline' is making you unhappy or frustrated, then the problem doesn't rest with you; splurge and be happy. It's why we're all playing the game, after all.

I do not think people venerate Orb saving for the sake of Orb saving. No one here is forcing players to save Orbs either. However, if the goal is to have an easier time with the game, veterans often advise players to save Orbs to maximize their gains. They do not have to follow advice if they do not like it, but they also should be aware of the consequences, such as having a slower or more difficult game progression. It would be kind of irresponsible to tell players to do whatever they want without letting them know what the negative consequences are.

Almost all players want all three of the following experiences out of Heroes, but that is not realistic. There might be a lucky few players for whom one or more of the experiences is totally irrelevant (e.g.: no playstyle preference; money is no object; do not care about rewards and ranking), but most players will have to pick two and give up one.
1. Obtain all rewards; have high rank; solve Abyssal; "complete" the game; etc.
2. Spend little time, effort, and/or money.
3. Play however you want with whoever you want.
Most players understand this concept instinctively, but there are some who expect to have all three and complain about the game being too stingy or difficult. Heroes unfortunately is not the type of game where most players can have all three.

New Legendary LHB / Naga LHB / Duma LHB.

• Teams: Check
  • Themes: Check
  • Special Clears: Check

Next week is going to be insane. Can't freaking wait. I wish the most exciting battles in the game weren't locked to 5 days at the end of the month.

Really interested in how the new legendary's LHB will be laid out, since they don't really have a place that's associated with them that would be able to be used as a map easily. 
It should be a lot of fun! And maybe I'll even be able to do a dragon team clear, if I don't go insane first. 

With Brave Sword+ and Scendscale working pretty well together, I kind of wished CYL Alm's Dracofalchion was a personal Brave Sword with effective damage against dragons as much havoc as that would have reaped and powecreeped the hell out of regular Alm. And because Brave plus effective damage isn't that cool for a CYL first place winner, Death Blow 3 as its second effect.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I've run out of 3* fodder for Pivot and I'm not going to use 4* units only for Pivot when their 4* versions either have more worth while skills for SI or they're a merge project.

Well, I'm officially disappointed. Instead of going for Brave Eliwood like I expected, PM1 is going to use Brave Micaiah in his FTP videos. Apparently she's by far the most picked out of the four new brave heroes for some reason. Have no idea why, I completely believe Eliwood will be more useful in the long run due to his dual dragon/beast effectiveness, good player phase, and good movement. Beast teams are extremely difficult to counter due to having few weaknesses and can use refreshers because Reyson and Leanne exist. And when generic beast enemies come to the game, as I expect they will at some point, that very rare beast effectiveness will come well in handy. I seriously thought Eliwood would be the most picked, though I didn't pick him since I felt he was more worth using orbs on than Alm and they were the only two I cared about having. I'm not a big Eliwood fan, but I don't dislike him and as I said, I believe he's the most useful of the four, or in time, WILL be the most useful.

I can't use PM1's videos anymore now because I will never have/use Micaiah (I greatly dislike her). Sucks... No more abyssal maps for me... Good thing they don't lock orbs behind those. Just stinks that I won't be getting anymore pretty gold accessories. I'm not able to beat them on my own, they're too hard for me. There was one exception in Hector's LHB, but that's been the only one out of many. That's my own fault, but at least those videos provided SOME way of getting around not being an expert player (and not being able to become one)...

And of course, I get that the majority rules. I just don't understand the majority in this case.

For once though, can my least liked character of the bunch NOT be the most widely picked? This is the third time in a row it's happened (Lyn in the first set, Veronica in the second and I dislike both). Technically, I dislike Camilla more than Micaiah, but not by a lot. I just wish that the one I pick or want to pick is the one a lot of others pick for a change...

Sorry if this seems like a rant. This all just came as a serious shock to me.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I'm officially disappointed. Instead of going for Brave Eliwood like I expected, PM1 is going to use Brave Micaiah in his FTP videos. Apparently she's by far the most picked out of the four new brave heroes for some reason. Have no idea why, I completely believe Eliwood will be more useful in the long run due to his dual dragon/beast effectiveness, good player phase, and good movement. Beast teams are extremely difficult to counter due to having few weaknesses and can use refreshers because Reyson and Leanne exist. And when generic beast enemies come to the game, as I expect they will at some point, that very rare beast effectiveness will come well in handy. I seriously thought Eliwood would be the most picked, though I didn't pick him since I felt he was more worth using orbs on than Alm and they were the only two I cared about having. I'm not a big Eliwood fan, but I don't dislike him and as I said, I believe he's the most useful of the four, or in time, WILL be the most useful.

I can't use PM1's videos anymore now because I will never have/use Micaiah (I greatly dislike her). Sucks... No more abyssal maps for me... Good thing they don't lock orbs behind those. Just stinks that I won't be getting anymore pretty gold accessories. I'm not able to beat them on my own, they're too hard for me. There was one exception in Hector's LHB, but that's been the only one out of many. That's my own fault, but at least those videos provided SOME way of getting around not being an expert player (and not being able to become one)...

And of course, I get that the majority rules. I just don't understand the majority in this case.

For once though, can my least liked character of the bunch NOT be the most widely picked? This is the third time in a row it's happened (Lyn in the first set, Veronica in the second and I dislike both). Technically, I dislike Camilla more than Micaiah, but not by a lot. I just wish that the one I pick or want to pick is the one a lot of others pick for a change...

I'm very confused as to how this is even remotely shocking to you. PM had been saying he'd choose between Micaiah and Camilla since we first saw them and had always been leaning towards Micaiah. He did several polls but even before then, it was not really in the question that Micaiah was most likely going to be chosen. 

She IS easily the most useful of the bunch. She is a free flying mage with Ground Orders for Supporting her teammates, a mass debuffing skill, and can neutralize debuffs to her own Atk and Res. Even Camilla is more useful than Eliwood as a Flying Healer, it was pretty obvious he wouldn't be picked. Other than his Effective weapon, he offers nothing over the 3-4* Cavs that can be found in the regular pool. His Beast Effectiveness means nothing because there are no enemy Beasts in PVE content. And Dragons aren't that hard to get rid of (even if they were, we have MM for free). There really was no reason anyone would pick Eliwood unless they really like him~

Finally, PM is not going to use B!Micaiah in every guide, as he also doesn't use B!Lyn or Veronica in every guide. So I'm not sure why you seem to think every Abyssal solution from now on will have B!Micaiah~

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

His poll about which brave hero he should pick was out since the brave skillsets were announced in the feh channel. Micaiah has  dominated that #1 spot in his poll the entire time. This was known by the entire community that follows PM1 since the feh channel.

Besides, you are giving Eliwood bonus points for generic beasts eventually getting into the game, but I can just as easily say that Eliwood will diminish in value since eventually beast effectiveness will enter into the 3 and 4 star summoning pool. 

Micaiah has everything, Nuking, Debuffs, Utility, Movement, great colour and flying movement. Also great inheritance is that’s your schtick. In a class that is very rare, green fliers are hard to get.

Eliwood has beast effectiveness, dragon effectiveness(which is widely available, so still good but less valued) nuking, some support, and arena scoring skills. He is in an incredibly saturated class. He does not stand out that much and brings not that much that sets him apart or would help in great utility for guides such as abyssal clears.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

His poll about which brave hero he should pick was out since the brave skillsets were announced in the feh channel. Micaiah has  dominated that #1 spot in his poll the entire time.

Yes, I know. Still surprised me.

Beruka's double lunge when she procs her special in Rokkr Sieges looks hilarious. I've also learned to never autobattle against Rokkr Nowi. Bit of my own medicine there given how often mine soloes TTs.

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just don't understand the majority in this case.

Nuking is not that important since nukes are a dime a dozen. Blade mages and Reinhardt can already do what BE!Eliwood does but better.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Nuking is not that important since nukes are a dime a dozen. Blade mages and Reinhardt can already do what BE!Eliwood does but better.

No they can't. They can't hit beasts and dragons for effective damage. My Reinhardt is +10 and sometimes he still dies to Nowis and stuff because they're built so strong. Eliwood would be able to counter them no problem no matter what with the right build.

Edited by Anacybele

This Rokkr Sieges is cancer - the only armored Rokkr is a ranged one (Winter Cecilia) and Beruka has Lunge, which pretty much invalidates the Witchy Wand/Guard strategy. And of course, the usual random spawns of Rokkrs (so far have only seen Nowi and Beruka and nobody else though it is early in the round).

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No they can't. They can't hit beasts and dragons for effective damage. My Reinhardt is +10 and sometimes he still dies to Nowis and stuff because they're built so strong. Eliwood would be able to counter them no problem no matter what with the right build.

because Reinhardt has like -2 res. that's not the nuke that goes after Nowi. 

not to mention - even with effectiveness - it doesn't mean that it automatically means VICTORY. (for example, my myrrh can take out most falchion users). I have an eliwood, i'm sure he'll be sort of useful - but I wish i was able to get a Camilla (for the flying prf Gravity spread plus a great fit into my flier emblems), and another Micaiah (i picked MIcaiah). 

you can dislike whom you want - obviously, but iit's not just the character that's being picked it's what they can do

Lyn has the built in melee anti-counter and atk smoke. THAT"s why she was chosen, not because she's Lyn. 
Veronica has the debuff/buff wrath/dazzle - .THAT'S why she's chosen, not because she's Vero. (well maybe too because i know a lot ofpeople want OG Vero in the game)
Micaiah was the winner imply because amours still run the meta. not beasts. (and the majority of the beasts - are classified as Cavs). so. yeah. it's still DOUBLE effectiveness. if she runs with naga  - that's triple. (which still beats out Eliwood). and she's green -which means she can pretty much means Sutrs, Hectors, Sheenas and Grimas beware (if yu didn't have a red Micky - and that pretty much takes out all of the blue. and i think if she's buffed properly she could take out reds for the most part. 

and unless they start having more beasts with high res (which to date only 2? have? (Mufasa and Selkie) a flying mage is beating out a yet another horse cav that really has nothing special to him outside of the Eff lance. 

though also for me - there is like only 2-3 units period in the game that i don't lie (all the Niffls minus Fjorm), but if i needed to use them to get what i wanted, I wouldn't let my dislike stop me. but that's an each their own. 

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

(and the majority of the beasts - are classified as Cavs)

Cavalry beasts: Ranulf, Lethe, Kaden, Selkie, Panne, Yarne

Non cav beasts: The four birds, the two wolfskin, Nailah, Mordecai, Caineghis

six cavalry beasts and nine non-cavalry beasts. So the majority of beasts are other movement types.

Edited by Anacybele