FEH channel is up! Dec 8

Vicious Sal

Yeah, because IS couldn't just give us one free male unit so they had to genderbend again. Fuck you, IS. I'm also not digging her weird centaur armor, but I'm also super boring when it comes to character designs I like so that's a personal thing. And did we really need another sword? I was hoping we'd get a green freebie of some kind, and with a certain great knight being thrown a lance instead of an axe it would've been even better to get an axe cavalier.

Also ... are we never going to get Astra Res boost as a bonus effect? Are they going to give all new Mythic Heroes from now on this new effect that Reginn has? They seriously gave us two Speed boost Dark mythic heroes but couldn't be arsed to plan things out better to fill out the Astra chart? If Freyr doesn't get added as an Astra unit with the Res boost, an extra fuck you to IS because now this is going to just make me OCD. The incomplete legendary table already bugs me.

Summoning changes are nice, I guess. If we're able to spark on all seasonal banners from now on, that's pretty nice, will it work on reruns though? Less pity breakers is also nice, although I wonder if it'll be a big enough change to make a different anyway.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made myself listen to this, but truthfully I needn't have bothered because the summoning changes were the only relevant thing in this instalment. That said, it is a very good change, so I'll not complain about that.

Hopefully the sparkable seasonal banners are a permanent fixture instead of being a one-off for this particular banner. It does mean however that I might never spark a regular New Heroes banner again. There are just way too many superstar Duo units to be sparked for that no regular hero could possibly compete. I suppose if we have a string of seasonal banners without a Duo (I don't really care about Harmonics) then I might end up with spare orbs, but then again the possibility of multi-sparking probably cancels that out.

As for the other things:

- New Book: I don't even know what happened in the previous book as I stopped reading any of the story about two chapters in. This is hardly likely to change now.

- AR changes: Probably a net negative for me, as I've just been doing the three auto-dispatches a week and nothing else, and indeed sometimes two because of my forgetfulness. With increased lift loss I might drop out of T21, especially if I miss a battle.

- Sacred Stones banner: I like Duessel as much as anyone but no way am I sniping for a shared-focus hero of a class I have no need of, surrounded by other focus heroes I have no interest in. Combined with the sparkable Christmas banner coming up, there's no way. Although if the Christmas banner is all armours again, then it'd also be a skip in favour of the NY banner, assuming it's also sparkable.

21 minutes ago, Florete said:

Which part do you think is a translation error? The "Canto will trigger again"?

Yeah.

The Japanese text is as follows:

移動直後に再移動に可能にするスキル発動時は、再移動で条件を満たせば、再移動が可能

My best guess at the meaning is:

When a skill that grants moving again immediately after movement activates, after moving again, if the conditions are satisfied, moving again is possible.

In other words:

Moving again activates after moving again. Which one refers to Canto and which one to the skill that activated is not 100% clear to me. However, since the "conditions" appear to be checked after "moving again", my guess is Canto first, then Galeforce. However, that's also the part of the description that I'm not 100% sure of my own translation, so take it with a big grain of salt.

EDIT: Google Translate translates the middle section as "if the conditions are met by re-moving", which seems to agree with my translation ("by" instead of "after", but otherwise the same).

The "Canto will trigger again" seems to be based on the final part of "moving again is possible". However, because Canto is literally just "move again" in Japanese, the "again" in the English translation is duplicative because "Canto will trigger again" would be "Moving again is possible again", which is not what it says.

@TheNiddo @XRay

Edited by Ice Dragon

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...thinking about it, Reginn would have been perfectly fine as an Axe Cav. I associate heavy artillery more with a heavier weapon like an axe than a sword.

It looks like the new story chapters will involve an axe cav dwarf boss, so we should get them as a mythic eventually.

16 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Knoll's also the fourth unit? if I recall correctly following Kaze, M!Byleth, and Emmeryn to be introduced differently.

Don't forget Ayra and Rhajat.

9 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

No, not her. Wasn't it explicitly stated that Otr looks up, if not flat out worship, Fafnir? in book 1 and events, Veronica and Bruno are so... Close, Loki even note it up. Sharena and Alfonse are also close in events (and ofc Loki had to chew her time noting it out too), in Book 2 Laegjarn is driven solely by Laevatein , again, Loki take her time noting it up. . And in book 3, Thrasir remain oh so fixated on Bruno even after he's dead, and similar Lif with Sharena as well. 

Ah okay. And yeah, Otr is said to worship him.

The start of the Reginn guide has a bit more lore:

The dvergr are explicitly called "small folk" so it seems they will resemble dwarves after all - they just won't be the stocky ones Tolkien trained us to expect (which is exactly what happened with the fairies/elves now that I think of it). Also, Fafnir is ordering attacks on all realms at the start of the story, this doesn't seem related to Veronica just yet.

Only thing I found interesting was the changes to the summoning mechanics for five star units. As always I could care less for the story or Aether Raids. I'm almost tempted to fodder off Reginn just because she has good fodder skills (Swift Sparrow 3 and Lull Spd/Def). I wish the Sacred Stones characters offer better skills because while I'm glad we are getting a Sacred Stones banner none of them are really offering anything I'm looking for at the moment. I also have no reason to pull for Natasha since I almost have a +10 Lena. Oh well, at least I can skip the banner and save orbs. Maybe the Winter Seasonal will offer something interesting. It's going to have a Harmonic Hero after all. Wish they showed us the winter units instead of teasing us with silhouettes. 

28 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...thinking about it, Reginn would have been perfectly fine as an Axe Cav. I associate heavy artillery more with a heavier weapon like an axe than a sword.

She will probably wield an axe as a Special Hero or something.

I agree we need more axe cavs. PP!Veronica is pretty good, but I also want a more player phase focused one. BB!Marth and HATF!Alfonse are decent, but I want something with a better stat distribution.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Japanese text is as follows:

移動直後に再移動に可能にするスキル発動時は、再移動で条件を満たせば、再移動が可能

My best guess at the meaning is:

When a skill that grants immediate movement after movement activates, after moving again, if the conditions are satisfied, moving again is possible.

Yeah, it seems like they are saying Canto and then Galeforce. I guess it is not bad still, it just means you cannot kill two units and then retreat. If Canto is after Galeforce, you have the option of killing twice and retreat once, or kill once and retreat twice.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Don't forget Ayra and Rhajat.

That's right. I think they did not come to mind as I was thinking of units who you could get as rewards which Emmeryn, Kaze, Knoll, and M!Byleth if you bought Three Houses within the time-frame are.

Edited by Kaden

I'm absolutely LOVING the new setting so far. The music absolutely bops, too! It's actually really neat to see FE experiment with more steampunk stuff, at least outside of Codename Steam to an extent. Reginn also looks to be an extremely powerful unit, too! I probably won't drop Sigurd or Legendary Seliph anytime soon, but it's nice to have options... even if those options are powercreeping other options... 

Anyway, things I really liked about the trailer for Book V:

• Fafnir's head shake... thing... was actually kinda creepy. I'm legitimately looking forward to this dude.
  • I don't know what Reginn's armor is made out of, but Fólkvangr literally broke it, and Reginn had to get out. Either the armor isn't that strong, or Fólkvangr is actually a hella strong sword.
  • About the bird ladies (possible spoilers):
Spoiler

A post I saw on Twitter possibly explaining who these two are. Considering that the Rhea clone (you can't tell me she doesn't look at least a little like Rhea) on the left tossed a sword to Reginn in the trailer, they might be some kind of divine protectors or overseers. It wouldn't surprise me if they were somehow connected to Thórr, though.

• As always, these animation for these trailers is super well done!
  • Steampunk vibes are something new, and I'm welcome to see how they play with it.
  • The music absolutely SLAPS. I'm interested in listening to what the main map theme is gonna be like!
  • It's also neat to have Yūsuke Kozaki back as the artist for this book. It seems that he's being brought in every other book, since he was the artist for Book I (Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Veronica, etc.) and III so far.

Even if the execution may leave little to be desired, the concepts that FEH has are really, really interesting, and this is probably my favorite one so far. I'm definitely REALLY excited for this!

4 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

I don't know what Reginn's armor is made out of, but Fólkvangr literally broke it, and Reginn had to get out. Either the armor isn't that strong, or Fólkvangr is actually a hella strong sword.

I didn't watch the trailer yet, but did Folkvangr really break?

Well, I guess Alfonse will need to take up his father's Glitnir, go to their home, and stab himself with the remains of Folkvangr. And thus, the sin of 6* Alfonse is born with a new sword-axe, axe-sword, switchaxe thing as a result of Folkvangr and Glitnir fusing because plot reasons.

Edited by Kaden

Easily the biggest part to me are the changes to AR and summoning.

The changes the AR seem to be an attempt to make it less annoying as a gamemode with generally more simple scoring and the gamemode being more forgiving (ie. bringing an in-season Mythic unit is like granting the team an extra life in scoring in case 1 ally gets KO'd.) Though I wouldn't be surprised if the gamemode becomes more competitive, especially now that we have a free Astral Mythic Hero in Reginn.

Only a matter of time before non-dancer Mythics of books 3-4 get phased out in favor of book 5 Mythics and onwards among the tryhard competitive players.

Yay for making off-focus pitybreakers hurt less though I can imagine that it wouldn't significantly change the experience much for players who consistently get pitybreakers at relatively low percentages -- it only really shows itself for players who rack up well over 4.5%+ rates (which is still a lot of orbs).

I know some FE8 fans are happy with the new banner. I'm personally not excited about it:
Duessel: basically better Academy Dimitri
Selena: glass cannon blue mage cav. Another source of LnD4 and a dual Rally at least
Natasha: another healer with decent Atk and Res who's going to be demoted. At least Close Guard is going to be easier to get, I guess.

I'd probably spend my Forging Bonds free tickets on red in hopes of Reginn merges since I don't really have orbs to throw around.

Knoll is yet another red infantry mage. At least Raudrfox is no longer a premium weapon skill.

Caellach is pretty much Flame Emperor but infantry. If he has a superboon, he'll pretty much be a direct upgrade over Flame Emperor since better mobility.

Winter 2020 banner to allow for sparking and up to 3 times. Again, don't and likely wouldn't have orbs to throw around. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of players are going to spark at least once for the Harmonic Hero.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

It looks like the new story chapters will involve an axe cav dwarf boss, so we should get them as a mythic eventually.

Yeah, but... I mean, we really don't have that many freebie Green units at all. The non-limited and non-Hero Battle/Grail ones we do have are Anna (and let's be honest, she sucks) and Brave Ike, who to be fair is one of the best defensive forces in the game... but that's about it for freebies that anyone can get at any time at little to no cost (other than Hero battles).

Plus it just continues the trend of "the foe MUST be green!", and I'm pretty sure that's why Alfonse's Folkvangr has a TA3 refine so that he is "always effective" against the boss of each book.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

She will probably wield an axe as a Special Hero or something.

I agree we need more axe cavs. PP!Veronica is pretty good, but I also want a more player phase focused ones. BB!Marth and HATF!Alfonse are decent, but I want something with a better stat distribution.

Not good enough for me. She should have had a hammer like King Dedede from the Kirby series, that has an entire rocket launcher in the head and jet boosters in the back.

Edited by Xenomata

hell, I'm excited.  Called more tier levels, and I'm so here for Knoll and Callech.  Tentatively excited for V's world.

1901038778_Screenshot2020-12-07at8_55_02PM.png.2087c5d5a33f4a8f74895d79a9544a7b.png

Did some black magic via photoshop layers to clean up the Winter silhouettes a bit (multiply layers + erasing the snowflakes I knew weren't part of the actual silo itself.)

I definitely see Titania on the far left.  Maybe Shinon in the middle? Or Felix? There's a little bit of a stringy short hair that makes me think a dude.  I also see something like a giant cutlass on the right ...

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I didn't watch the trailer yet, but did Folkvangr really break?

Well, I guess Alfonse will need to take up his father's Glitnir, go to their home, and stab himself with the remains of Folkvangr. And thus, the sin of 6* Alfonse is born with a new sword-axe, axe-sword, switchaxe thing as a result of Folkvangr and Glitnir fusing because plot reasons.

No, Fólkvangr didn't break, lol. Part of Reginn's armor broke from Alfonse striking it. 

Here's the trailer for Book V when you get a chance to watch it! I've been listening to the music on loop for a while, it's actually pretty catchy.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Other way around.

Just now, indigoasis said:

No, Fólkvangr didn't break, lol. Part of Reginn's armor broke from Alfonse striking it. 

Here's the trailer for Book V when you get a chance to watch it! I've been listening to the music on loop for a while, it's actually pretty catchy.

Well, there goes all those years learning how to read in school.

Me read good.

11 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Hide contents

A post I saw on Twitter possibly explaining who these two are. Considering that the Rhea clone (you can't tell me she doesn't look at least a little like Rhea) on the left tossed a sword to Reginn in the trailer, they might be some kind of divine protectors or overseers. It wouldn't surprise me if they were somehow connected to Thórr, though.

•  
Spoiler

If they're connected to Thórr, my shot in the dark is they're Móði and Magni, Thor's sons... well, daughters here. Unless they really could be Hugin and Munin instead.

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I wonder if Fafnir will still be a dragon, or possessed by a dragon

Wearing the flesh of a dragon as armor would be interesting. The abomination and discretion of a dragon's remains fused together with metal and magic.

I looked through the trailer a bit again, and noticed oil wells in the city. Just how technologically advanced would Niðavellir be compared to Askr (or even the rest of the world for that matter)?

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

If they're connected to Thórr, my shot in the dark is they're Móði and Magni, Thor's sons... well, daughters here. Unless they really could be Hugin and Munin instead.

Spoiler

I guess when their names are revealed, we'll find out! Another mystery waiting to be solved! Ooh, I can't wait 😄

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Steampunk dragon armor would be lit, though.

That reminds me, SMT's design of Fafnir looks like this, would be lit if it's something closer to this ayyy

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/a/a4/Fafnir2.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20190328182806

Edited by DraceEmpressa

I just realized something. Canto ALSO works after Assisting, so that means Reginn can also function as a pseudo Dancer/Singer herself like GA!Lucina and CE!Chrom to get around those pesky Dancer/Singer limits in Limited Hero Battles, although Canto is a bit less flexible than Dance/Sing.

My guess is that it has already been brought up, but I am curious about how Reginn paired up with legendary Edelgard or legendary Leif would work given both have Galeforce or some kind of another turn effect. Probably be really fun.

I mean, don't Huginn's Egg and Muninn's Egg already exist in this game? I suppose it'd become an unintentional callback or something.