Rate the Unit, Day 40: Macellan

PKL

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Maria: 1.05

Radd: 1.31

Dolph: 1.40

Vyland: 1.67

Matthis: 1.87

Bantu: 2.02

Rickard: 2.34

Darros: 2.45

Linde: 2.60

Roshea: 2.88

Gordin: 3.11

Caesar: 3.50

Midia: 3.70

Jeorge: 4.00

Roger: 4.35

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Boah: 5.81

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Minerva: 6.45

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Jake: 7.13

Ogma: 7.56

Athena: 7.95

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Wendell: 8.92

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

This guy manages to be even worse than Dolph! Wow. Worse growths (except for...a whopping 5 Str). Worse bases. Hell, he even has worse lance rank. Da fuck? 0/10

Edited by PKL

"lol, I'm Macellen and I join in the same chapter as Dolph but I have less stats than him in everything that matters".

Yeah, the world isn't too kind to Macellen. If you're going to be worse than Dolph, at least join before Dolph so that there is some reason to use you. As it is, he's basically useless and outclassed for life. The extra +5 strength growth doesn't matter when its only a whopping 35%. Throw in armor move, late-ish joining and a low join level, and its pretty clear that Macellen should just stay in his cell.

0/10 - There is nothing redeeming about him.

You know I could take what I said about Dolph slap it here, and no one would notice. Observe...

Er... Macellan you do know your a level 3 knight halfway into the game right? I mean you could be a decent knight if you just came into the game a little while ago? No, okay while you sit down on a bench i'll give you a score of 0.5/10

Worse than Dolphin!

0.9/10

Actually, how do these guys join our group if we never open their cell? ... I mean, we don't receive the contents of unopened chests after the battle.

It's like pink Armoured Knights are cursed to be awful or something. Macallen is the Wendy to Dolph's Barth. He's so bad he actually has the negative effect dying really easily while in the prison while taking up space since he wants one of the top middle spaces.

0/10

Edited by arvilino

Oh fuck, no one has tried to give Dolph Macellan a good rating based on the crazy shit +40 hit/avoid, +20 crit/crit-evade support bonuses he can get. Quick, someone do this!

At first glance I thought be was a civilian accidentally sprited as a Knight.

I was wrong

.125/10

We might as well just skip Dolph and Macellan in the New Mystery rating topic. Just give them the same score they got here and link to this topic. Heh.