Mafia Question of the Whenever - LYLO

Prims

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

itt: fake modesty (and some scrubs)

I just realized a strength: my Refa vote at the beginning of each game is generally pretty spot-on; I don't think it's ever failed me. I just need to have more confidence in this and I'll never lose!

ITT: Everyone thinks that they're bad at mafia.

YOU AREN'T BAD UNTIL YOU USE TYPOS IN ROLE PMS TO FIND SCUM! :P:

I SAW THIS (sort of thing) ONCE
IT FUCKED OVER THE ENTIRE SCUMTEAM BECAUSE THEY WERE A BODYGUARD AND A CULT RECRUITER
(guess who got lynched Day 1)

It was pretty hilarious, because the bodyguard "fullclaimed" D2 as "now that my boss is dead, my wincon got changed to town's" and survived until like D5.

Strengths: Not getting lynched as town, ever

Weaknesses: too much or too little confidence. It's hard for me to find meaningful content.

I kind of wish my reads were better too, but I think I'm kind of average in that sense.

Strengths: Unlynchable, good reads, good late game, solid understanding of game theory, not writing fucking essays for posts, not being Manix

Weaknesses: Low confidence in weak reads, bad at pushing/starting discussion

Edited by Paperblade

Strenghts: I tend to not get lynched and not die (unless I get a good role), I guess! And I suppose I'm not dead weight by endgame if I get there.

Weaknesses: I tend to not reserve time for mafia. Oops!

Cows you also write solid, reasonable, to-the-point posts when you have the time which tbh is something a lot of people don't have down (out of all the times I've played with Eury I've read maybe 10 of her walls)

Edited by Prims

Stronk: Drunkposting, committed to the game, good at starting discussion (Mainly OC)

Weak: Drunkposting, terrible reads, often lets emotion get in the way of common sense ("LOLOLOLOL SB THERE ISN'T A MAF I'M ACTUALLY SK")

Tbh I also skip a lot of Eury's posts when I'm spectating. Quote + bold response format is very uncomfortable to follow and having quotefights rarely gets anywhere other than making people not want to read them unless it's far into the game and LyLo warrants that kind of depth.

Strengths: Tryhard. Spending all of the time in mafia. Somewhat learned to be to-the-point (my first post in MotKmafia was retardedly long and I spent my second game spamming walls in D1), good D1 hard town reads and occasionally good scumreads. Decent at moving the game along and preventing stagnation.

Weaknesses: Dying by N2, 100% pro reaction testing (read: being dumb), not very good at using night actions, got significantly worse at looking town as town.

lol

fun fact: there was a motkgame where I was scum and got frustrated because I was put to L-1 early into day 1 so I made a fake ragebahpost claiming hated. I won in LYLO too 8)

early = page 2

that game still makes me fakemad. smoke and mirrors...

got significantly worse at looking town as town.

i don't think so, you were pretty obvious in fe6 and ittd. if anything you're less obvtown because you have scumgames under your belt where you looked p good

for what it's worth I only voted you in ITTD because I like pressing people seen as hard lynches ED1 to make them nervous (Manix and Via in Inception although the latter became an actual case).

being subversive is controversial and edgy and gives me reactions to gauge

that game still makes me fakemad. smoke and mirrors...

best part was killing you via witch because we thought you were the obvious doc target, but you were the doc, but died anyway because you got copped

you should've vested me so i could've still had NKing shadoweh as an option and explicitly chosen not to take it

Strength: ending RVS. Dodging NKs, and avoids early scans

Weakness: early tunnels, difficulty building solid and legit reads until later in the game. Struggles to articulate cases

i don't think so, you were pretty obvious in fe6 and ittd. if anything you're less obvtown because you have scumgames under your belt where you looked p good

You've read several times more games I've played in than everybody else though, so obviously you're going to be better at reading me than most/all other players in SF. It's more of a matter of no longer getting over half the game to townread me immediately like in my first games, and getting more close-to-lynch experiences which are just really stressful.

Also bear I thought you did pretty cool in ITTD, you just really need to post more content and/or more often so that people don't suspect that you're just lurking through the game.

Strengths: I generally use my role well, and I have fairly good reads, particularly later in the game with scum flips. I'm also good at looking town in anonymous games.

Weaknesses: I don't react well to pressure, and I sometimes clear people for bad reasons. I also often have trouble getting into the game on D1. Lately I've been playing in situations where I really shouldn't due to school and work and that's made it harder as well. I'm also not very good at balancing defending myself and attacking.

Looking town in anonymous games is probably linked to the bit about not reacting well under pressure and not being able to defend and attack simultaneously. The only anon game in which I didn't get nightkilled as town was Masquerade, where I had someone tunneling me for two day phases. I even got killed in Anonymafia, which was one of my first games. Having to respond to other people's cases early on makes me reactionary and also makes me devote too much time to fending off someone who's probably town.

In your first few games it's pretty easy to get people to townread you if you post actively, try hard, and don't have any glaring inconsistencies. Once the ~newb~ status wears off, it's significantly harder though. It takes better play to get people to townread you. See people like Refa, Randa, and GP who were all obvtown in their first games but then got lynched afterwards.

And like Prims said, when you've demonstrated the ability to look good as scum, people always have that in the back of their minds while reading you. Half the reason Paperblade is so obvtown as town is that his scum games are comparatively that much worse.