Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I never saw this for some reason.

I still think it's dumb that Sunday is not part of it when it IS part of the weekend. Stupid move, IS. But there's nothing to be done about it...

I mean, when you go to the "Battle" tab, there's a notification on the upper right corner of the screen saying "SP gained x2!" on both Friday and Saturday. Sunday is the start of a new week anyway so it makes sense you wouldn't get it then.

38 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

He will never admit it because Sharena friendzoned him.

Denial is always the first stage.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I never saw this for some reason.

I still think it's dumb that Sunday is not part of it when it IS part of the weekend. Stupid move, IS. But there's nothing to be done about it...

It seems to be based on the times of the weekend in Japan.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I mean, when you go to the "Battle" tab, there's a notification on the upper right corner of the screen saying "SP gained x2!" on both Friday and Saturday. Sunday is the start of a new week anyway so it makes sense you wouldn't get it then.

Sunday is still a weekend day though. And yeah, I noticed THAT. But not the notification in the bulletin board.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It seems to be based on the times of the weekend in Japan.

So people there are often off work on Friday and Saturday, not Saturday and Sunday then? Meh.

I guess I'm also just more pissed that the event doesn't work on Friday for me, so I miss out on all that extra SP.

Edited by Anacybele

44 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

He will never admit it because Sharena friendzoned him.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Denial is always the first stage.

Sharena is for Celica, you two numbnuts. I’m but an innocent bystander.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sunday is still a weekend day though. And yeah, I noticed THAT. But not the notification in the bulletin board.

So people there are often off work on Friday and Saturday, not Saturday and Sunday then? Meh.

It’s been a month, you might have missed it.

What are the days of the week if not mere names? Social constructs, compromises between employers and employees.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Anacybele said:

No, it's a matter of time zones. The event is designed to run from 4 pm on Friday to 4 pm on Sunday, in Japan time. It just ends up earlier in other time zones because it stays the same time period in all regions.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

No, it's a matter of time zones. The event is designed to run from 4 pm on Friday to 4 pm on Sunday, in Japan time. It just ends up earlier in other time zones because it stays the same time period in all regions.

Oh yeah, that's right. I didn't think about it being the same period in all regions.

Still though, I can't believe I missed out on some extra SP on Fridays, because all this time I was thinking it ran from the start of Saturday to the end of Sunday. I wish I hadn't missed that bulletin board notification.

It was just about 3 or so weeks ago that I found out the double SP event runs friday through saturday. I think it's because of Japan's time.

Anyways, I assume new Tempest Trial will feature a short banner with Celica, Gray, Sonya and Delthea. A good chance to get Sonya/Delthea with better ivs! And Celica too!

Yeah. East Asia is a day ahead & the day/night cycle is almost exactly opposite North America. So the "weekend" might be an East Asia thing, except they tend to time the weekly in-game events around the NA week--so the Arena week starts on Monday in the US but on Tuesday in East Asia.

Though my theory is that's because they have Monday to queue things up & prepare for the week, then they're in the office and working on Tuesday mid-day when the events actually refresh, so they can troubleshoot?  

There's no general discussion and links thread on the Awakening forum so I'll just share it here. Recently Skallagrim (youtuber) made a video on a custom made Armorslayer one of his subcribers designed. It's pretty cool the way they redesigned it to make it viable, and more effective. It is quite impressive the sword in terms of it's performance as well. Link to the video is here.

Edited by Logos

Everyone's wanting a way to + the askr trio.  I'm actually thinking this would be pretty OP.  As at least one of the trio is always in arena, I think it would be very common for all tier 20 people to run with one of the three askr because if they +10 all of them, they can just build 3 teams whereas everyone else needs to improvise all the time.  Right now, it's a great way to fill in a 4*/5*+0 if you don't have a better unit but still need the bonus points.  Hopefully if they make a way to merge them they will stop using them in the arena every season.

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Everyone's wanting a way to + the askr trio.  I'm actually thinking this would be pretty OP.  As at least one of the trio is always in arena, I think it would be very common for all tier 20 people to run with one of the three askr because if they +10 all of them, they can just build 3 teams whereas everyone else needs to improvise all the time.  Right now, it's a great way to fill in a 4*/5*+0 if you don't have a better unit but still need the bonus points.  Hopefully if they make a way to merge them they will stop using them in the arena every season.

I don't see the issue. Let the tier 20 people use their ridiculous Askr bonus units every week if they spent the time & whatever resources to get them to +10. I can't imagine getting them merge levels would be much faster than GHBs.

Also, feel like you don't necessarily need to improvise every time? Personally I just run 3 horses and the bonus unit. I imagine the realm of tier 20 has enough team compositions that they can just swap in SOMEONE with relative ease and lose nothing. Horse emblem in particular (though I don't think that's common in tier 20? idk i'm 16-18) even has 3 free horses to pull from and one of those is Cecilia.

@Lushen I don't think so. Everyone has access to the starter units so everyone would eventually have three teams they can just cycle through anyway. Their bases and usual sets are also fairly weak considering they're restricted to fighting at 1 range, so is having them at +10 really such a huge boon to their usability?

Edited by MrSmokestack

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

@Lushen I don't think so. Everyone has access to the starter units so everyone would eventually have three teams they can just cycle through anyway. Their bases and usual sets are also fairly weak considering they're restricted to fighting at 1 range, so is having them at +10 really such a huge boon to their usability?

I just think it's boring to see all teams in tier 20 have +10 askr trio that they use every week.  Competitively speaking, they also have higher BST than most units which makes them one of the best units to run in tier 20.  There would be no reason to not use one per arena match.  Them being restricted to range 1 isn't that bad, you have 3 other units to pick.  

Sharena is also amazing, there'd be no reason at all not to use her. 

Anna is decent, she would be fine.

Alfonse is bad, but if you had 3 other units he could work in a specific role (green killer maybe)

The only unit that tier 20 people would have trouble using is every three weeks when it's alfonse's turn. 

So, I've been trying to decide who my next 5 star upgrade will be when I get enough feathers again (already used the 20,000 I got recently on Michalis). It's between Stahl and Camus for Horse Emblem.

I don't have a 5 star sword cav yet, so that's a reason to go for Stahl, but Camus's Gradivus is so appealing because Distant Counter lance. So I'm probably gonna go for the latter. :P

I know that the timing for all the events are based on Japanese time, but the start of a new day is literally at the start of a new day for me. So that's pretty convenient, plus I'm always awake at midnight anyway.

5 minutes ago, Logos said:

There's no general discussion and links thread on the Awakening forum so I'll just share it here. Recently Skallagrim (youtuber) made a video on a custom made Armorslayer one of his subcribers designed. It's pretty cool the way they redesigned it to make it viable, and more effective. It is quite impressive the sword in terms of it's performance as well. Link to the video is here.

That is still pretty heavy though! It is as heavy as two swords! I am glad they tried to make it more viable, but I still see that sword more as a side arm to be used in specific situations rather than as a general purpose main weapon like a normal sword.

36 minutes ago, Lushen said:

19 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I just think it's boring to see all teams in tier 20 have +10 askr trio that they use every week.  Competitively speaking, they also have higher BST than most units which makes them one of the best units to run in tier 20.  There would be no reason to not use one per arena match.  Them being restricted to range 1 isn't that bad, you have 3 other units to pick.

I do not think excitement matters when Feathers and Orbs are on the line, and the Askr Trio are far from being over powered. I also do not see the need to improve my offense or defense team since my core offense members are not bonus units and my defense team does not change much week to week.

23 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Competitively speaking, they also have higher BST than most units which makes them one of the best units to run in tier 20.  There would be no reason to not use one per arena match.  Them being restricted to range 1 isn't that bad, you have 3 other units to pick.  

Alejandro is bad, but if you had 3 other units he could work in a specific role (green killer maybe)

Alfonse has lower BST at 157 compared to the 158 between Anna and Sharena, and the lowest for melee infantry overall is just 156. Even so, 150+ is very, very common for most units, so the BST lead isn't that great unless you're counting the bonuses from merging, which isn't a fair comparison because we don't even know how said merge levels can be acquired in the first place should it ever be possible.

All three take up niches that are done better by other units:

-Sharena's stat spread is so balanced such that it excels at nothing, suffering from low Atk, middling Spd and having no real Def or Res to fall back on. She's also beaten out in the support department by dedicated buffbots like Ephraim and Eirika.

-Anna randomly dumped stats into Res and ends up with even lower Atk as a result.

-Alfredo actually does pretty well with Brave Swordbreaker though, but as a defensive red sword anything with Distant Counter can not only fill in his niche but also do much, much more.

Variety in team building is a bit more subjective, but the trio isn't inherently over-centralizing. You do limit yourself from running other units that perform their role better by running them.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I know that the timing for all the events are based on Japanese time, but the start of a new day is literally at the start of a new day for me. So that's pretty convenient, plus I'm always awake at midnight anyway.

Same. I'm a California boy. I missed when the start was at 11, though. I feel like I have to be awake until midnight and I end up staying up for much longer.

But man, I completely forgot about double SP! I only played for the daily quests yesterday and the story chapters. I've been busy catching up on My Hero Academia.

39 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Alfonse is bad, but if you had 3 other units he could work in a specific role (green killer maybe)

The only unit that tier 20 people would have trouble using is every three weeks when it's alfonse's turn. 

Even Sharena and Anna aren't that great. The Askr trio is fine in that you can certainly use of them to fill a certain slot if you lack better units for it, but most whales won't go for it unless they have to, because there are better options. If there was an easy way to +10 them, it would be great, but I don't think a lot of people would use the ones that aren't a bonus unit in a season.

7 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Horny boys will never change :/

LET'S GOOOO BARTOZIO I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I GET TO USE YOUR CAMUS AGAIN

YES, ELISE ALL THE WAY. I got your Catria way to little last time around, SO LETS HAVE SOME FUN NOW!

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@Bartozio @GuiltyLove @phineas81707 @MrSmokestack
Sharena is NOT my waifu. I’m just her #1 fan, simple as that.

I don't think pairing your idol with a married woman is that much better, so you're still cursed.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Sharena is for Celica, you two numbnuts. I’m but an innocent bystander.

You may have to look up the definition of an "innocent bystander"...

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

YES, ELISE ALL THE WAY. I got your Catria way to little last time around, SO LETS HAVE SOME FUN NOW!

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

YEEEAAAAH BOIII

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

You may have to look up the definition of an "innocent bystander"...

Shame on you for fapping to them, Vax!

20 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

<snip>

Other units may outperform the askr trio, but it won't be long before we have so many characters they only appear every 6 months.  Unless you +10 50+ units, the Askr Trio is going to be your safest bet for tier 20.

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, I've been trying to decide who my next 5 star upgrade will be when I get enough feathers again (already used the 20,000 I got recently on Michalis). It's between Stahl and Camus for Horse Emblem.

I don't have a 5 star sword cav yet, so that's a reason to go for Stahl, but Camus's Gradivus is so appealing because Distant Counter lance. So I'm probably gonna go for the latter. :P

Well how about Xander? Distant counter weapon, and is a swordie. Similar stat spread to Stahl too.

Just now, Gustavos said:

Well how about Xander? Distant counter weapon, and is a swordie. Similar stat spread to Stahl too.

1. The only Xander I have is wearing a bunny suit. 2. I hate him as a character anyway while I actually like Stahl.

The only reason I even pulled on the spring banner was because back then, Frederick was my only 5 star and I was desperate to get more. Spring Xander just happened to show up and I kept him. He's actually kind of amusing anyway.