Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I found 300 sacred coins for a simple "kill 10 level 20+ foes" mission very generous ... until I found out those were actually Arena medals ...

I don't know why they put Arena Medals in there.  I have over 4000 of them, and Refining Stones seem to be the limiting factor for Forging, not the Arena Medals.

I half hope at least one of the next Focus units is Red.  I only have one Hinata left, and I need more Fury Fodder.  Instead of introducing a dozen skills every new Banner, I just wish they'd make some 4*s with high demand skills as fodder.  Sothe with LaD was nice.  Now we just need QR3, and more Fury would be nice.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't know why they put Arena Medals in there.  I have over 4000 of them, and Refining Stones seem to be the limiting factor for Forging, not the Arena Medals.

I half hope at least one of the next Focus units is Red.  I only have one Hinata left, and I need more Fury Fodder.  Instead of introducing a dozen skills every new Banner, I just wish they'd make some 4*s with high demand skills as fodder.  Sothe with LaD was nice.  Now we just need QR3, and more Fury would be nice.

I'm nearly at 6k medals, so yeah, refining stones or sacred coins would have been nice. 

I was pulling mostly red for the last months and a little green. A cool blue focus unit or Cordelia (plus Sothe and Subaki) on a 4* banner is what I need. 

8 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

*coughs blood*
Oh man. I'm at a thousand feathers after promoting Lyon last week and Valter today.

I already built a raventome Sophia so Lyon doesn't have much value to me. Although I will probably promote him later on down the line.

Valter is appealing but a maximum merge of +3 kinda stinks. I don't like to invest too much into units who have limited potential.

Speaking of having lots of stuff, Is anyone else close to getting 1,000,000 universal crystals (the yellow ones)? I'm almost there and I don't know if it will cap at 999,999 or if it will continue going up.

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Speaking of having lots of stuff, Is anyone else close to getting 1,000,000 universal crystals (the yellow ones)? I'm almost there and I don't know if it will cap at 999,999 or if it will continue going up.

It caps and there's no overflow: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7v7hps/til_you_cant_go_over_999999_experience_crystals/.

Being unable to choose if you want to use universal crystals or shards makes this even worse. I have 915,600 universal crystals and I thought I could use them when I learned there was a hard cap. Nope, I'll have to spend my 90,000 crystals of the other colors instead.

Feathers also hard cap at 999,999 which is mentioned in that thread.

I really want either the silhouettes to be released or the banner trailer to be released, cause I want to know what the banne units look like/who they are. If it is a valentine banner, I would love to see someone on a Kinshi, which is a giant bird that looks like a dove, and I remember hearing that Doves were associated with love. Or maybe I’m totally wrong about the dove part with love.

Also, I’m just curious, but what does the Japanese side of FeH community think about the results of the CYL 2 event? I wonder what they think about it.

I imagine that they should post the silhouettes for the special banner on today's reset, if they're still doing that. That, or they'll just post the trailer outright and not make us guess with silhouettes? There's only about two more days before the special banner comes out.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. With the game as busy as it is they generally spread out the news more between days. I won't be surprised if the trailer drops a day before the banner.

@mampfoid Sothe, Matthew and Kagero as colorless focuses on a *4-*5 focus would make my day.

Matthew merges, LnD Fodder (and another Dagger I want to build) and a change for a +ATK Kagero.

For everyone else it's Hone SPD 3, LnD3 and the former best dagger unit in the game. Can't beat that with a stick.

Edited by Zeo

28 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I really want either the silhouettes to be released or the banner trailer to be released, cause I want to know what the banne units look like/who they are. If it is a valentine banner, I would love to see someone on a Kinshi, which is a giant bird that looks like a dove, and I remember hearing that Doves were associated with love. Or maybe I’m totally wrong about the dove part with love.

Also, I’m just curious, but what does the Japanese side of FeH community think about the results of the CYL 2 event? I wonder what they think about it.

Now you're making want a Valentine's Virion as a griffon rider even though I already want a flying Virion because of how dumb his stats could be. Come on, developers! Give me that Valentine's Virion with 47 HP, 34 Atk, 34 Spd, 29 Def, 13 Res. Pump those extra stats into his HP too because new units will probably have increased BST since his heart should be as big as his love for panicking almost everyone.

50 neutral HP alone would be dumb and he'd have 2-3 points left for whatever else. 50 HP, 34 Atk, 34 Spd, 32 Def, and 13 Res would be such a dumb stat spread. 82 total or 57x2 physical bulk and being able to Panic Ploy anyone with <= 49 HP.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Now you're making want a Valentine's Virion as a griffon rider. Come on, developers! Give me that Valentine's Virion with 47 HP, 34 Atk, 34 Spd, 29 Def, 13 Res. Pump those extra stats into his HP too because new units will probably have increased BST since his heart should be as big as his love for panicking almost everyone.

Reminds me of this:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20100527054822

The Hindu personification of passion and desire, Kama. In actual mythology it's an owl he rides, the arrow shafts are honey bees, and he looks more handsome.

I'm preparing for the worse for the Valentine's Day Banner if that is what it is. As in all female.

Nonetheless, I can't banish all hopes of there being some males on it. Or there be non-Afatening characters. Or both. If Ike is really that popular, he should be able to sell some Seasonal orbs. Maybe not Valentine's Day though. I can't think of a single seasonal event Ike would sell. He is just too serious and stoic for me to imagine him ever being silly. The closest he ever comes is with asking Reyson about how it felt to punch Oliver, that and Ike just being around Ranulf, for some reason he brings out the fun in Ike.

Fine, if Ike can't go Seasonal, well they can try throwing Mia or Nephenee or even Sigurd on. It'll be a bit of progress.

At this point, I’m starting to doubt that there’s going to be an actual Valentine’s banner. Silhouettes should have dropped a day ago. “Special Heroes” doesn’t really have to limit itself to seasonal units. Well, we’ll know for sure in a couple of hours. 

...I hope it’s a TMS #FE special banner instead. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm preparing for the worse for the Valentine's Day Banner if that is what it is. As in all female.

If it's a Valentine's Day one then it'll probably be all female since in Japan women give men chocolates. A month later there's White Day where men give women chocolates.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

It caps and there's no overflow: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7v7hps/til_you_cant_go_over_999999_experience_crystals/.

Being unable to choose if you want to use universal crystals or shards makes this even worse. I have 915,600 universal crystals and I thought I could use them when I learned there was a hard cap. Nope, I'll have to spend my 90,000 crystals of the other colors instead.

Feathers also hard cap at 999,999 which is mentioned in that thread.

Ah thank-you. I'm going to have to use up all of my Red Crystals because that is what I have the least of. Plus having both sword and red tome valor means I won't have to worry too much about missing out on the SP earned from killing stuff while leveling the old fashioned way.

22 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

...I hope it’s a TMS #FE special banner instead. 

Hoping won't make it true! No matter how much you do! 

Nonetheless, I pray in futility.

22 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

At this point, I’m starting to doubt that there’s going to be an actual Valentine’s banner. Silhouettes should have dropped a day ago. “Special Heroes” doesn’t really have to limit itself to seasonal units. Well, we’ll know for sure in a couple of hours. 

Well it could still be Seasonal but not Valentine's. Where did they pull Performing Arts from? What day is that supposed to represent? Does Japan have an Official Kabuki/Noh Day that I'm not aware of?

Although you do have point that it could be something completely different. There are no hard and fast rules to how IS does Heroes.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

If it's a Valentine's Day one then it'll probably be all female since in Japan women give men chocolates. A month later there's White Day where men give women chocolates.

I'm aware of White Day. All due to the businessman who brought VDay to Japan screwing up in the explaining of it, and Japanese misogyny going along with the idea that women deserve nothing and should give everything.

But then we have a new issue. If they give us all female VDay, will they irrevocably guarantee an all-male White Day later? Or will it turn out someone's dreams of Inigo sitting suggestively on a giant puffy white marshmallow in just pure white boxers turn out to be all air? (Marshmallows are white and sweet, and thus appropriate for White Day I hear.)

I have issues trusting IS for now. 

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm aware of White Day. All due to the businessman who brought VDay to Japan screwing up in the explaining of it, and Japanese misogyny going along with the idea that women deserve nothing and should give everything.

But then we have a new issue. If they give us all female VDay, will they irrevocably guarantee an all-male White Day later? Or will it turn out someone's dreams of Inigo sitting suggestively on a giant puffy white marshmallow in just pure white boxers turn out to be all air? (Marshmallows are white and sweet, and thus appropriate for White Day I hear.)

I have issues trusting IS for now. 

There is that since IS can't be trusted with delivering fanservice for women (but that's mostly in the case of normal banners). I'd be super bummed if they only make a all girls Valentine's Day banner and skip a all males White Day one.

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

There is that since IS can't be trusted with delivering fanservice for women. I'd be super bummed if they only make a all girls Valentine's Day banner and skip a White Day one.

We must petition IS for more fanservice targeting our demographic. The answer is clear.

39 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

At this point, I’m starting to doubt that there’s going to be an actual Valentine’s banner. Silhouettes should have dropped a day ago. “Special Heroes” doesn’t really have to limit itself to seasonal units.

Special Heroes is how they refer to limited banners. Always and forever. New Heroes is what they call units that are added to the summoning pool.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Amusingly i summoned more 3 star Hinatas than ever in the skills banner that's about to expire than 4 star Hinatas (even though there's supposed to be a better chance for 4 star)

otherwise Hinatas are quite rare for me and I just make do with Bartres.

Green needs better skill fodder. Fae's Renewal is okay but not as highly sought after. Barst only has Reposition really which is always nice but some variety in the green pool would be good.

24 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Special Heroes is how they refer to limited banners. Always and forever. New Heroes is what they call units that are added to the summoning pool.

I think you missed the point...entirely. The speculation was about this “Special Heroes” banner being a Valentine’s banner but with the absolute lack of silhouettes which is usually attributed to seasonal banners aside from “Performing Arts”, I think this “Special Heroes” banner will have something else. The units will be “limited” just like other “Special Heroes” banners. Less than an hour left to see if they put something other than the daily log in orbs. 

@Interdimensional ObserverYes...something like “Performance Arts”. It was a limited banner that wasn’t seasonal since we got a proper Halloween banner right after it. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I think you missed the point...entirely. The speculation was about this “Special Heroes” banner being a Valentine’s banner but with the absolute lack of silhouettes which is usually attributed to seasonal banners aside from “Performing Arts”, I think this “Special Heroes” banner will have something else. The units will be “limited” just like other “Special Heroes” banners. Less than an hour left. 

All I got for sure from this response is that you think "seasonal heroes and "limited heroes" are two different things.

Another interpretation I'm getting is that you think the seasonal banner won't be Valentines day because seasonal banners that are based on holidays are the ones that get silhuoette teases. Two things: Bridal banner got a tease and isn't based on a holiday. Valentines Day IS a holiday.

10 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I think you missed the point...entirely. The speculation was about this “Special Heroes” banner being a Valentine’s banner but with the absolute lack of silhouettes which is usually attributed to seasonal banners aside from “Performing Arts”, I think this “Special Heroes” banner will have something else. The units will be “limited” just like other “Special Heroes” banners. 

@Interdimensional ObserverYes...something like “Performance Arts”. It was a limited banner that wasn’t seasonal since we got a proper Halloween banner right after it. 

But Performing Art is the exact same thing as Bridal, Summer, Spring, etc, whether or not it follows a specific holiday or whatever. I don't see what's the point in categorizing PA by itself. If not seasonals, then they're all "Special Heroes". Did IS even ever officially call them seasonals? I'm pretty sure it's just the fanbase stapling the name onto it due to it following the trend of other gachas. I always remember IS saying they were "limited" or "special" or something like that.

Edited by KongDude

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

All I got for sure from this response is that you think "seasonal heroes and "limited heroes" are two different things.

Another interpretation I'm getting is that you think the seasonal banner won't be Valentines day because seasonal banners that are based on holidays are the ones that get silhuoette teases. Two things: Bridal banner got a tease and isn't based on a holiday. Valentines Day IS a holiday.

You missed it again. It really doesn’t need to be a Valentine’s Day banner. It could be another “Performing Arts” scenario. The seasonal heroes fall under the “Special Heroes” category just like the limited brides, summer units and dancers. In the case of the brides, it’s based on “June Brides” or something along those lines; June is a popular month for marriage in Japan and many gacha offer bride variants or related gear. Let’s just agree to disagree for now. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Has anyone broken down the CYL results into game/gender tables and analysis yet like that one thread from last time?

We might get it during this month or the next. No guarantees.

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

Has anyone broken down the CYL results into game/gender tables and analysis yet like that one thread from last time?

There's this Reddit post that has the top eight for each game (thirteen for the multi-gen games), that's the most I've seen so far.