Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Same here, actually. Assault has never been my priority anyway, but 100 feathers are 100 feathers.

Yeah I was too relaxed after the arena season downtime.

it actually felt nice not having to worry about it.

i hate how it takes so long though whenever you do a serious run so I just do a casual deathless one at least.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'm thinking of giving my 5*+1 Arden the Alondite of my 2nd 5* Black Knight... I think it will make him powerful and it helps to him to be stronger against more match ups...

What do you think guys?

2 minutes ago, Nosmur said:

I'm thinking of giving my 5*+1 Arden the Alondite of my 2nd 5* Black Knight... I think it will make him powerful and it helps to him to be stronger against more match ups...

What do you think guys?

It is impossible to give personal weapons away. Whatever doesn’t have a plus in the end of its name of the highest quality version (Falchion, Alondite, Aura etc. compared to silver axe+, Gronnblade+ etc.) can’t be inherited.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It is impossible to give personal weapons away. Whatever doesn’t have a plus in the end of its name of the highest quality version (Falchion, Alondite, Aura etc. compared to silver axe+, Gronnblade+ etc.) can’t be inherited.

Damn, i've never tried it so didn't know that D:

You're completely right, so my only option is Distant Counter... And I have no Hector... Well, then i will save my orbs for a future Hector's Banner.

Thanks a lot bro! :D

22 minutes ago, Nosmur said:

You're completely right, so my only option is Distant Counter... And I have no Hector... Well, then i will save my orbs for a future Hector's Banner.

Besides, screw Alondite. Just looks like any old normal sword anyways.

No, if they ever make personal weapons inheritable, you give Arden Raijinto. That thing has LIGHTNING emitting from it.

...or Divine Tyrfing to pair with Deflect Magic is good to, but does Tyrfing emit LIGHTNING? I don't think so.

GOD, people don't consider awesome aesthetics these days...

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

No, if they ever make personal weapons inheritable, you give Arden Raijinto. That thing has LIGHTNING emitting from it.

...or Divine Tyrfing to pair with Deflect Magic is good to, but does Tyrfing emit LIGHTNING? I don't think so.

The super OP combo is actually Cursed Lance Cordelia

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Agreed. My apologies D:

Raijinto is love, Raijinto is life.

But Ryoma is the only one who can make that LIGHT worth so...

2 hours ago, Nosmur said:

the thing with arden is that he can shake off damage from physical damage and that includes bows (unless your opponent uses a special which involves a stat). his resistance is utter trash, the same goes for his speed. he'd get doubled by any magic user and the damage he returns with DC won't be high enough to kill your typical mage unless it's a color advantage. All in all, arden is good at taking physical damage, but bad at taking magical damage. IMHO don't give arden distant counter. give him something like earth soul (you get it from boey).

Edited by silveraura25

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@LordFrigid Wow, that's a cool Caeda. I bet mages are terrorized by her if she equips her DC/Wo Dao set. What B-Skill do you run on her along with DC? QR wouldn't make much sense. 

Its only somehow depressing that her offensive stats (43/38 with Brave+ and without the seal) with +10 merge and S support aren't better than Elincias (45/37 with +SPD and Amiti) at +0. 

I’ve been experimenting...in the score range where my Flier team lives (lower 700s), there’s not too much Fury, so Desperation is actually pretty effective for PP combat, even without the offense-oriented A Passive. Of course, +10/10/1/1 aura bonuses helps (2 Goad stacks, Ally Support with Sealife Tome Corrin). I’ve tried Renewal; it can work ‘cause Fliers but it’s still really gimmicky, and you’re often left at the mercy of the map.

No need to remind me about Elincia. Serious talk though, +10/10 offenses fixes a lot, and it’s not actually that hard to set up 2 Goad stacks. I’d have to check again to be sure, but I think they have similar enough performance ceilings against non-blue with that magnitude of boost that I’m not concerned about bad matchups.

Don’t get me wrong, not having to set up 2 Goad stacks is definitely the superior option, but that’s what happens when you have a huge bias toward a sub-optimal unit, I guess. Worst comes to worst, she can still handle every Green, and 100-0 Brave Mercenary Ike when Desperation is active, which never fails to entertain me.

Edited by LordFrigid

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

the thing with arden is that he can shake off damage from physical damage and that includes bows (unless your opponent uses a special which involves a stat). his resistance is utter trash, the same goes for his speed. he'd get doubled by any magic user and the damage he returns won't be high enough to kill your typical mage unless it's a color advantage. All in all, arden is good at taking physical damage, but bad at taking magical damage. IMHO don't give arden distant counter. give him something like earth soul (you get it from boey).

I was thinking on it too but his base stats (in this case we're talking about DEF) is so boosted. I give to him RES +3 and he has 19 atm, so he don't suck at all right now. His speed stat is balanced with his Follow-up Ring it doesn't matter.

I was thinking about distant counter 'cause i want an armor team and i want a strike-back abilitie (like Distant counter in this case) or weapon for all the members. It's worth in a full armor team, 'cause all armor units have (the majority) a very low RES stat so... I want to "counter" that. 

With that and some sacred seal like Distant Def 3, Deflect Magic 3 or abilities like Fortify RES the team will be balanced by far to counter mages besides physical units.

Anyway earth soul is a good abilitie if you want to make more powerful Arden against physical units/damage.

I'm working on a second cav team since I want to mess with something other than Rein/Lyn/Xander.  

Two definite members is blade Cecilia(+spd/-def) and Roderick(+spd/-hp), both already have the skills, I'm just waiting for feathers to 5*.  I'm a little bit stuck for who to have as the red and a 4th member in terms of balance.  

I've always wanted to try out Leo, with blade tome + close counter, however mine is +hp/-def. The 22 spd and 22 def looks really sad so I'm really conflicted about whether to invest the skills into him or not. That Raudblade will cost 20k feathers from 4* Thraja and I only have one Takumi 

The other cavalry members up for considerations are Camus and Luke(+atk/-spd) who are already build, but are disused atm in the barracks. So I could brush the dust off them. 

There is also Frederick (+atk/-res) and Seth (+spd/-res) who needs some more investment.

Seth is already 5*, if I'm using him I've been thinking Wo Dao+, Bonfire, Fury, Vantage or Desperation and Hone Cav. Fred is still 4*, but I think a  Brave Axe build would be nice on him. Heard really good things about that. I have both Barst and Athena for skills. The vote gauntlet should help with feathers...

3 minutes ago, ruruo said:

I'm working on a second cav team since I want to mess with something other than Rein/Lyn/Xander.  

Two definite members is blade Cecilia(+spd/-def) and Roderick(+spd/-hp), both already have the skills, I'm just waiting for feathers to 5*.  I'm a little bit stuck for who to have as the red and a 4th member in terms of balance.  

I've always wanted to try out Leo, with blade tome + close counter, however mine is +hp/-def. The 22 spd and 22 def looks really sad so I'm really conflicted about whether to invest the skills into him or not. That Raudblade will cost 20k feathers from 4* Thraja and I only have one Takumi 

The other cavalry members up for considerations are Camus and Luke(+atk/-spd) who are already build, but are disused atm in the barracks. So I could brush the dust off them. 

There is also Frederick (+atk/-res) and Seth (+spd/-res) who needs some more investment.

Seth is already 5*, if I'm using him I've been thinking Wo Dao+, Bonfire, Fury, Vantage or Desperation and Hone Cav. Fred is still 4*, but I think a  Brave Axe build would be nice on him. Heard really good things about that. I have both Barst and Athena for skills. The vote gauntlet should help with feathers...

I have Cecilia/Camus/Xander/Sigurd/Eliwood/Roderick/Brave Lyn/Peri as 5* cavalry units and it depends on what are you looking for.

My last cavalry evolve was Cecilia and it was so worth. You can face check blue mages and tank some white units, in your case maybe that -DEF will be a problem but you can fix it with any member that hold "Fortify cavalry" (easy to farm if you have 4* Jagen).

Camus has a really good ATK stat in your case with that +ATK so i think i would focus on it and evolve him without any doubt.

I think Frederick, Leo and Seth aren't worth for you atm... Frederick against armor units is so worth but it's very situational, but his ATK stat is really good (I see some builds as 5* but i have the 4* version). 

Roderick is another good option (I love his Firesweep Lance+) and you can make a good comp with any of them (Roderick, Camus or Cecilia).

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I’ve been experimenting...in the score range where my Flier team lives (lower 700s), there’s not too much Fury, so Desperation is actually pretty effective for PP combat, even without the offense-oriented A Passive. Of course, +10/10/1/1 aura bonuses helps (2 Goad stacks, Ally Support with Sealife Tome Corrin). I’ve tried Renewal; it can work ‘cause Fliers but it’s still really gimmicky, and you’re often left at the mercy of the map.

No need to remind me about Elincia. Serious talk though, +10/10 offenses fixes a lot, and it’s not actually that hard to set up 2 Goad stacks. I’d have to check again to be sure, but I think they have similar enough performance ceilings against non-blue with that magnitude of boost that I’m not concerned about bad matchups.

Don’t get me wrong, not having to set up 2 Goad stacks is definitely the superior option, but that’s what happens when you have a huge bias toward a sub-optimal unit, I guess. Worst comes to worst, she can still handle every Green, and 100-0 Brave Mercenary Ike when Desperation is active, which never fails to entertain me.

I'm too much into trying everything out that I could afford to build a +10 unit. But perhaps I can do so with further feather inflation. 

Renewal is surprisingly handy, even in arena. I.E. my Arvis is making great use of Hardy Bearing with his Recover Ring. Did you ever consider to put Brave Sword, Windsweep and Phantom Speed Seal on Caeda? On flier-friendly maps there should be enough space for hit&run tactics. 

@Quintessence Also got my first Delthea (+SPD/-ATK) this morning on my second pull out of three. Sadly my red orb had no Elincia ;-) 

1 hour ago, Nosmur said:

I have Cecilia/Camus/Xander/Sigurd/Eliwood/Roderick/Brave Lyn/Peri as 5* cavalry units and it depends on what are you looking for.

My last cavalry evolve was Cecilia and it was so worth. You can face check blue mages and tank some white units, in your case maybe that -DEF will be a problem but you can fix it with any member that hold "Fortify cavalry" (easy to farm if you have 4* Jagen).

Camus has a really good ATK stat in your case with that +ATK so i think i would focus on it and evolve him without any doubt.

I think Frederick, Leo and Seth aren't worth for you atm... Frederick against armor units is so worth but it's very situational, but his ATK stat is really good (I see some builds as 5* but i have the 4* version). 

Roderick is another good option (I love his Firesweep Lance+) and you can make a good comp with any of them (Roderick, Camus or Cecilia).

I'm not too sure about composition to be honest. I want to make something work without relying on Xander/Lyn/Rein, but I think I might have to include one of Rein or Lyn since I want to have two ranged units and my only choices for ranged cavalry are Rein, B!Lyn, Leo and Cecilia... I feel like there's no point to build Ursula from scratch when I already have Rein. I would have preferred building Leo if it weren't for his IV since Bladetome+CC+QR+Cav buffs sounds like a load of fun but I really don't think mine's +hp/-def is workable...  

Definitely having Cecilia on the team. I completely agree that she's amazing. She's only 4* atm, but with Gronblade+ she's holding her really own amazingly well. Cav buffs are just so nuts on her. I also want to do Roderick just because I like Firesweep haha.

As for a physical EP unit, I could probably take Camus as you suggested, he's already built with Fury+Vantage. I also think Seth might be okay. Mine is +spd, so with Fury he'd hit 37spd/35def before cav buffs. Which I think is bulky would deny a decent amount of doubles. If I gave him Wo Dao and Moonbow or Bonfire he might work out alright offensively. 

I'm considering Frederick because at 5* he'll have 38 atk / 25spd / 36def / 11res to work with, which again is bulky against physical, and great attack. He'll probably get nuked out of orbit any mage though lol. 

Edited by ruruo

2 hours ago, Nosmur said:

I was thinking on it too but his base stats (in this case we're talking about DEF) is so boosted. I give to him RES +3 and he has 19 atm, so he don't suck at all right now. His speed stat is balanced with his Follow-up Ring it doesn't matter.

I was thinking about distant counter 'cause i want an armor team and i want a strike-back abilitie (like Distant counter in this case) or weapon for all the members. It's worth in a full armor team, 'cause all armor units have (the majority) a very low RES stat so... I want to "counter" that. 

With that and some sacred seal like Distant Def 3, Deflect Magic 3 or abilities like Fortify RES the team will be balanced by far to counter mages besides physical units.

Anyway earth soul is a good abilitie if you want to make more powerful Arden against physical units/damage.

wary fighter increases the chances of survival, but i would rather use it on effie or jakob. otherwise your plan is quite okay, but it's just that you need to focus on stats that make him strong rather than try to remedy the weaker ones. TBH, i think we'll get a blue armored mage next. quite possibly a snowman one