Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

32 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Um, that's McGillis.
Also known as the true pedo-Char.

I do not think he slept with her at all. In like ten years, he would have a hot wife who is a lot younger than him, although somebody else would be boning her by then since he is dead.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Exactly.

I don’t know who it is and I don’t care.

He is basically BH!Lyn in that Gundam show. He is no Apotheosis!Anna Reinhardt, but he is awfully close to being one.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

FE4 was a game I wanted to play back when I was playing FE6, but it was so hard to find it any kind of way in english and when I did I didn't care as much. For a Dancer I wanted Lara but at this point I'd be interested in a Heron. Nanna on an FE5 banner is bad because then Leif/Nanna/Finn is basically in stone and that's boring in my opinion.

I'm actually glad we had this discussion. Although they might make me spend on this banner now... TT Bonus unit and all that.

The only reason I really wanted to play FE4 was because of the Awakening Spotpass characters. I liked all of their designs, so I started reading about them on the wiki, which made me want to experience the story myself. And since I'm stubborn, I went and bought a Super Famicom and legit cart in order to play it. That was an interesting learning curve, haha. It would be cool to have an actual dagger dancer, but I agree, adding a Heron would be cool, and a good excuse to have a legit dancing flier. I wouldn't necessarily say that kind of FE5 banner is set in stone; we did somehow get Tailtiu, after all, and most people were certain about either Quan and Ethlyn (if a four person banner) or Lewyn (if a three person banner).

I always enjoy talking about possible banner units, partially because I'll be happy with almost any set of characters, haha. It's hard to be disappointed with that mindset... although it's also much harder to save orbs too.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It is time!

Nice! I still need to get around to promoting those three someday. Is Alfonse already 5-star too?

59 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, I'll work on that Brave Lance later, but I think have Estucheon fodder...

Did you give Peri Def Ploy?

No, my policy is to never sacrifice limited characters unless I have more than enough to get a +10, and I definitely don't have 12 copies of either Summer Gaius or Arvis.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think he slept with her at all. In like ten years, he would have a hot wife who is a lot younger than him, although somebody else would be boning her by then since he is dead.

Since she is never mentioned again in the Epilogue we don't know if McGilles did anything with her or what even her fate is considering her situation.
Kinda odd since the majority of the cast has a spotlight there and a certain child popped up. 

I see that General Discussion is pretty much a spam thread. Talking about glorious IBO.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, my policy is to never sacrifice limited characters unless I have more than enough to get a +10, and I definitely don't have 12 copies of either Summer Gaius or Arvis.

Ah. I'm definitely less strict on that. Gonna sac Arvis #2 someday.

11 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Since she is never mentioned again in the Epilogue we don't know if McGilles did anything with her or what even her fate is considering her situation.
Kinda odd since the majority of the cast has a spotlight there and a certain child popped up. 

I see that General Discussion is pretty much a spam thread. Talking about glorious IBO.

I'm pretty sure McGillis genuinely loved her and didn't lay a finger on her, especially considering his past. Part of his motivation was to make a world where children like Almiria couldn't be taken advantage of like himself.

Also YES, this is exactly what General is for.

On 6/11/2017 at 8:11 PM, MrSmokestack said:

My record number of saved orbs is 150. In second place is 135 orbs and in third is 127 orbs. All free.

On 6/11/2017 at 8:10 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The most I've saved up is like, 90. Then I blew all of them on CYL.

@bethany81707 Maybe you were passing Alm Reciprocal Aid?

On 6/11/2017 at 8:15 PM, Vaximillian said:

I’ve saved over 100, but then blew 20 on Takumi and Minerva, not getting either. I entered the Genealogy banner with 85 and left with a CYL Lucina and a mega-Sharena.

I've saved 210, that was my record and i spent it on the Ike's hero fest, a months ago. Was worth tbh.

My Subaki and Palla just reached S rank. Normally I don't actually take this as S rank like in Fates and Awakening, but they look so cute together :D 

I had been planning to pair Palla with Abel but she spent so much time doing flier quests that it made more sense to pair her with Subaki... and now I love the pairing ^.^

3 hours ago, Talandar said:

Don't go overboard with it, lest I have to actually moderate this place. :P:

I finally completed the Halloween set and leveled them all up too! I'm so stoked I managed to do this and without having to spend much. On top of that, I pulled two of them twice!

Spoiler

OuPdkAC.png wVZNEt0.png

B9l8pQe.png NnZFVbn.png

Nowi is the only one that can really be called complete tho, since Sakura is missing third versions of two skills and Henry and Jakob are definitely still works in progress. But they'll all be fully built someday, it's mostly a matter of grinding the SP. lol I do have to pull a few units for some skills I want though. I'd like Hone Armor and Draw Back for Jakob, and G Tomebreaker for Henry. I already inherited T-Adept onto the latter as well. I finished Nowi first because I was more in need of good red mages than anything.

Natures:
Nowi: +Spd, -Res (first one was +Def, -Spd lol, SO relieved I pulled a much better one)
Sakura: +Spd, -Def (first one was +Spd, -Atk. xP)
Henry: +Res, -Spd
Jakob: +Spd, -HP

Henry is the only one without +Spd, wow. XD

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But Glade is a grey-ish brown/black. 

Glade

Oh wait, his official artwork is blonde

Reveal hidden contents

glade.jpg

Why the color disparity between ingame and official?

Because he can

Lets be honest though who DOESNT want to become Glade? Hes easilly one of the most fortunate character in the series. Hot wife, rich, credited for technological innovation, had FINN as mutual love interest. If you didnt know better youd think he is a mary sue

Which is funny because the way Glade as a character is written actually makes him feels like a self insert. 

Hm...okay. I think it might be time for another upgrade soon. There's not really anyone I need to upgrade, but I've got like a billion projects I want to start just because I'm curious. That and favoritism. My "weird" upgrades like Raigh have been some of my most rewarding.

• Anna - The only member of the Askr trio I haven't upgraded. I don't have a lot of combat oriented infantry melee axe units at 5 stars aside from Raven and Hawkeye, but I don't really use either of them all that much either... I just prefer using mages.
  • Virion (+SPD -DEF) - My Awakening husband. I've put off promoting him because I don't know what kind of build I want. I could give him a Slaying Bow because he slays or I have the crazy idea to give him Clarisse's bow... Make him a master of debuffs with Panic Ploy.
  • Caeda (+SPD -HP) - I kind of want a +ATK version of her, but 40 SPD at 5 stars is pretty sweet. I also have a -ATK Athena that can give her Wo Dao+. Maybe she's not the greatest red unit out there, but now that I have Hinoka, she can benefit from Hone Fliers.
  • Lucius (+SPD -ATK) - Another merge for my beautiful child. Before Merric, he was the only character I wanted a +10 merge of. Now...months after I got my first copy...the second one falls into my lap as a free summon on the Gents with Long Hair banner. Truly a sign from St. Elimine herself.
  • Rody - I wanna give Hinoka Firesweep build for variety. I've got like 8 copies of him lying around, so I might as well put one to use! I've never really used Firesweep weapons...

I've got a few others that could get promoted like a +ATK Eliwood and Cherche, +DEF Gordin, Arvis, +SPD Eirika , a +SPD Mae... But I just haven't felt as passionate about upgrading them. XD I suppose Mae would be a good choice since a lot of my blue mages (aside from Reinhardt and M. Robin) haven't been very fortunate with their natures...

Any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Hm...okay. I think it might be time for another upgrade soon. There's not really anyone I need to upgrade, but I've got like a billion projects I want to start just because I'm curious. That and favoritism. My "weird" upgrades like Raigh have been some of my most rewarding.

• Anna - The only member of the Askr trio I haven't upgraded. I don't have a lot of combat oriented infantry melee axe units at 5 stars aside from Raven and Hawkeye, but I don't really use either of them all that much either... I just prefer using mages.
  • Virion (+SPD -DEF) - My Awakening husband. I've put off promoting him because I don't know what kind of build I want. I could give him a Slaying Bow because he slays or I have the crazy idea to give him Clarisse's bow... Make him a master of debuffs with Panic Ploy.
  • Caeda (+SPD -HP) - I kind of want a +ATK version of her, but 40 SPD at 5 stars is pretty sweet. I also have a -ATK Athena that can give her Wo Dao+. Maybe she's not the greatest red unit out there, but now that I have Hinoka, she can benefit from Hone Fliers.
  • Lucius (+SPD -ATK) - Another merge for my beautiful child. Before Merric, he was the only character I wanted a +10 merge of. Now...months after I got my first copy...the second one falls into my lap as a free summon on the Gents with Long Hair banner. Truly a sign from St. Elimine herself.
  • Rody - I wanna give Hinoka Firesweep build for variety. I've got like 8 copies of him lying around, so I might as well put one to use! I've never really used Firesweep weapons...

I've got a few others that could get promoted like a +ATK Eliwood and Cherche, +DEF Gordin, Arvis, +SPD Eirika , a +SPD Mae... But I just haven't felt as passionate about upgrading them. XD I suppose Mae would be a good choice since a lot of my blue mages (aside from Reinhardt and M. Robin) haven't been very fortunate with their natures...

Any thoughts?

Anna is the safest option.  She guarantees that you'll have an arena unit every time.

Virion's builds are tied to his boon/bane.  +Spd suggests that he can get away with some idiotic Desperation shenanigans (Darting Blow in the A slot boosts him to 40 Speed, IIRC).  You'll absolutely need Dragonic Aura, though!  Your boon/bane turns him into a bulkier Clarisse. . .so I guess her build can work, though I'd rather have her use it (less SP and all).

Caeda wants +Atk.  She's already ridiculously fast.

Ah, Lucius.  It depends on what you want out of him.  I'm quite happy with my +Atk one, as it turns him into a glassier Genny.

Rody looks really cool on paper, but I need more greens, so he's lower on the list for promotion.  Hinoka works well enough with her own lance IIRC.

I'd promote someone who fills a hole in your roster.  But when in doubt. . .promote your favorites~! :P:

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I find this option funny, because this is exactly the situation I was in several days ago. Right down to the same boon/bane for Caeda and the -Atk Athena, haha. If you get a 5-star Caeda as a pity breaker in the next few days, please let me know,  as she showed up right after I promoted her.

I always like promoting less-than-ideal units out of bias, so Virion or Lucius seem like good options to me. But it's your call in the end.

I got a 5-star +atk -HP Caeda on one of the dragons gauntlet banner. (Don't remember which one, and pretty sure it was the free pull.) That was the same boon/bane combo as my 4-star Caeda, so I just raised the 5-star one. Looking to give her a slaying edge+, which would go well with Glacies, but I'd need like two Sabers first.

Edited by Sunwoo

18 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Any thoughts?

Sounds like Anna would be good since she's used a lot in quests and also arena bonus.

Mae sounds okay as well since you say your blue mages don't have ideal natures, so it would be good to patch up holes.+Spd is really good for her, too.

Promoting your favourite Lucius sounds good, too!

I'm happy Sharena and Anna are on my to promote list. I would do add Alphonse onto my list, but he is the worst out of askr trio and I don't want to bother training a bad unit.

(This sentence would be struck trough, but I don't know how to striketrough.

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I'm happy Sharena and Anna are on my to promote list. I would do add Alphonse onto my list, but he is the worst out of askr trio and I don't want to bother training a bad unit.

You mean this?

Just press the S with a line going through it, unless mobile doesn't have that in which case... good luck friend :D

25 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Apply a bit of good old BBCode magic! <s>text</s> is the tag, except with square brackets.

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

[<s>I hope this works. If not, then I will call Alphonse a good unit</s>]

In <s> and </s>, replace < with [ and > with ] is what I mean. I can’t just type out the tag, because the software would interpret it straight away.

Go ahead and call Alfonse a good unit. The guy deserves some praise.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In <s> and </s>, replace < with [ and > with ] is what I mean. I can’t just type out the tag, because the software would interpret it straight away.

I figured it out! Yay for me!

For the first time in forever.....