• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hey, if I hadn’t got Ike early on (at 3.75%), I wouldn’t have made Sharena even greater.

Lucina at 4.75% was an insult to injury of no green stones though.

There's always a bright side, even if that bright side involves mercilessly sacrificing someone for the improvement of another.

I find that kinda funny, because that's the only reason I have CYL Lucina as well. Lyn was my free pick for the CYL banner, and I had decided to go for Roy and then back out of the banner. The one time there wasn't a single red... Oh well. I got Roy as well before the banner ended, at least. I'm still Ikeless to this day, for any of his versions.

18 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The whole banner is just underwhelming to me as I have no attachment and little knowledge of the characters. Diarmud would be cool but unlikely, Nanna has a better shot and I care about her literally 0%. Ced would be awesome for that Forseti, but he's a cointoss (For both FE4 and 5). PA!Olivia showed how underwhelming a Dagger Dancer would be so Patty is anticlimactic. Ares would just be power-creep Eldigan. The most interesting units for me are Ulster and Larcei, Ayra's kids. Ironic.

tl;dr, I'll pull for Ced. Otherwise I just need a TT unit and we can move on.

That's understandable. I was mostly making a joke, because Iucharba is one of my least favorite Gen 2 characters, as well as one of the most forgettable :P

You're probably right about Diarmud, unfortunately, although I would personally be pretty happy to get Nanna (if she has better stats and weapon type and artwork than her mother, anyway...). I feel like Ced would probably be on a FE4 banner instead of a FE5, if just because none of his family shows up in FE5, and it would feel weird for them to be considered FE4 characters and not him. Altena runs into a similar problem, except she's only playable in FE4, while her brother is the main character of FE5. I'm very curious how they'll classify her. I assume you got Patty confused with Lara; Patty is just a standard thief and only in FE4, while Lara starts as a thief and can optionally promote to a dancer, and is FE5 exclusive. Of course, not being a dancer might make Patty even more anticlimactic, but I'd still probably pull for her and her brother. I'd be happy with Ayra's kids as well. Maybe Larcei will be the next TT reward, just as a sort of apology.

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

There's always a bright side, even if that bright side involves mercilessly sacrificing someone for the improvement of another.

I find that kinda funny, because that's the only reason I have CYL Lucina as well. Lyn was my free pick for the CYL banner, and I had decided to go for Roy and then back out of the banner. The one time there wasn't a single red... Oh well. I got Roy as well before the banner ended, at least. I'm still Ikeless to this day, for any of his versions.

That's understandable. I was mostly making a joke, because Iucharba is one of my least favorite Gen 2 characters, as well as one of the most forgettable :P

You're probably right about Diarmud, unfortunately, although I would personally be pretty happy to get Nanna (if she has better stats and weapon type and artwork than her mother, anyway...). I feel like Ced would probably be on a FE4 banner instead of a FE5, if just because none of his family shows up in FE5, and it would feel weird for them to be considered FE4 characters and not him. Altena runs into a similar problem, except she's only playable in FE4, while her brother is the main character of FE5. I'm very curious how they'll classify her. I assume you got Patty confused with Lara; Patty is just a standard thief and only in FE4, while Lara starts as a thief and can optionally promote to a dancer, and is FE5 exclusive. Of course, not being a dancer might make Patty even more anticlimactic, but I'd still probably pull for her and her brother. I'd be happy with Ayra's kids as well. Maybe Larcei will be the next TT reward, just as a sort of apology.

Forgot about Shannan. He's' a decent choice as well. Balmung and all that. I was talking about Lara actually. Probably wouldn't pull for Patty and yeah that was my error. I'll absolutely try for Ced like I said. Hannibal has a very commanding look that leads me to believe he could creep up as a new armor unit. That'd be alright. Altena seems like an obvious choice but I hear quite a bit that she's not that relevant. I wouldn't mind her, even if spears are almost as bloated as swords and Tana/Cordelia have flyer lances sewn up.

An Altena/Ced/Shannan|Ulster|Larcei banner would actually compel me to spend orbs. But that's unlikely. We'll probably get Nanna/Oifey/Altena or Variable 3rd. Which I'll comfortably pass on.

@DefaultBeep: Now I have both Ikes but still lack regular vanilla Lucina. And my three recent pulls on Minerva’s banner had no greens. Anna is a cruel mistress.

Don’t you dare badmouthing Iucharba! The guy double-critted Zeus to oblivion with less-than stellar hitrates. Warrior crits are awesome.

(hic sunt gif)

Edited by Vaximillian

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Now I have both Ikes but still lack regular vanilla Lucina. And my three recent pulls on Minerva’s banner had no greens. Anna is a cruel mistress.

Don’t you dare badmouthing Iucharba! The guy double-critted Zeus to oblivion with less-than stellar hitrates. Warrior crits are awesome.

(hic sunt gif)

Haha, I'm the same with Lucina. At least CYL Lucina has Masked Marth to keep her company while they wait ;) I'm used to greens being rare, but I swear this game knows that I'm trying for Katarina on her banner, and has consistently given me 0-1 reds in every session. C'mon game, you gave me 4-5 reds at a time when I was trying for Ninian on the TT mini banner!

For what it's worth, I do like Iucharba more than Iuchar. I'm just rarely a fan of those kinds of warrior characters. Which is why Orsin, the absolute coolest axe user in FE, needs to be added to Heroes.

24 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Forgot about Shannan. He's' a decent choice as well. Balmung and all that. I was talking about Lara actually. Probably wouldn't pull for Patty and yeah that was my error. I'll absolutely try for Ced like I said. Hannibal has a very commanding look that leads me to believe he could creep up as a new armor unit. That'd be alright. Altena seems like an obvious choice but I hear quite a bit that she's not that relevant. I wouldn't mind her, even if spears are almost as bloated as swords and Tana/Cordelia have flyer lances sewn up.

An Altena/Ced/Shannan|Ulster|Larcei banner would actually compel me to spend orbs. But that's unlikely. We'll probably get Nanna/Oifey/Altena or Variable 3rd. Which I'll comfortably pass on.

Oh yeah, same actually, haha. I wouldn't care too much about Shannan personally, but he would make a lot of sense to be added. Speaking of dancers, I'm incredibly curious if they'll ever be willing to add Sylvia and/or Lene to Heroes. Assuming they stay faithful to their original personalities and backstory, they would certainly be... interesting additions, for sure. Hannibal's okay, but being a unit with low movement in FE4 is an unfortunate fate for him. I'll admit to having a lot of bias for Altena; she turned out great in my playthrough of FE4, but I've heard that's not how she normally turns out. At least Altena would have a personal weapon to help her stand out a bit, assuming they make it decent enough.

Nanna would probably be on a FE5 banner, but otherwise that sounds pretty possible. Now that I remembered Shannan, I actually think he might or Ced might be added instead. They both had a lot of presence in FE4 as powerful units, and both had a decent amount of plot relevance too. We'll just have to find out in a week or so, I suppose.

11 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh yeah, same actually, haha. I wouldn't care too much about Shannan personally, but he would make a lot of sense to be added. Speaking of dancers, I'm incredibly curious if they'll ever be willing to add Sylvia and/or Lene to Heroes. Assuming they stay faithful to their original personalities and backstory, they would certainly be... interesting additions, for sure. Hannibal's okay, but being a unit with low movement in FE4 is an unfortunate fate for him. I'll admit to having a lot of bias for Altena; she turned out great in my playthrough of FE4, but I've heard that's not how she normally turns out. At least Altena would have a personal weapon to help her stand out a bit, assuming they make it decent enough.

Nanna would probably be on a FE5 banner, but otherwise that sounds pretty possible. Now that I remembered Shannan, I actually think he might or Ced might be added instead. They both had a lot of presence in FE4 as powerful units, and both had a decent amount of plot relevance too. We'll just have to find out in a week or so, I suppose.

FE4 was a game I wanted to play back when I was playing FE6, but it was so hard to find it any kind of way in english and when I did I didn't care as much. For a Dancer I wanted Lara but at this point I'd be interested in a Heron. Nanna on an FE5 banner is bad because then Leif/Nanna/Finn is basically in stone and that's boring in my opinion.

I'm actually glad we had this discussion. Although they might make me spend on this banner now... TT Bonus unit and all that.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Nanna on an FE5 banner is bad because then Leif/Nanna/Finn is basically in stone and that's boring in my opinion.

Nanna on an FE5 banner is exciting because it means they did something interesting to staves!

Edited by Vaximillian

45 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Nanna on an FE5 banner is exciting because it means they did something interesting to staves!

I've lost hope for staff units at this point. In order for me to get hype for one of those, they have to be one I actually like. And there's few of those left. My favorite healer is probably Serra, and she's in the game already.

Best I can hope for Nanna is that she carries Dazzling Staff so that people can rejoice that it's been added to the general pool only to be hit moments later with the reality that she'll be *5 only and you'll have to wade through colorless hell for less than a 5% chance of getting her when her banner's over. Meaning that, like Swift Sparrow 2 (Katarina *5 only) the skill may as well still not exist.

Edited by Zeo

I missed a Raikou capture in Colosseum due to bad luck (probably countering the good luck of getting that thing paralysed via Psychero's Synchronise ability). If I had orbs, I'd see if Heroes had an apology.

Or maybe I got more luck than I should've in apology for Elincia, and the penance is coming from Colosseum. I'd be down with that- I can reset that until I succeed.

@Zeo: I still need to dive into colourless hell one day. I want to build my Faye and for that I want Fortress Res from Innes. Also I still don’t have Priscilla. More Jaffars for L&D and Kleins for DB3 are always welcome too. And Elise who is Elise.

CYL Lyn has Swift Sparrow, so one more reason to grey. So Nanna pls come.

You know for how much people hated Oscar for apparently being pity breaker after this arena season i dare say hes the best unit of Crimea banner

Hell forget Crimea. Of all the banner unit since Brave Heroes hes easilly the best, or at least the stupidest shit when you met him on Arena besides the Dancers. 

Tl;dr Fuck Oscar

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

So I have a an absolutely terrible idea, since it doesn't seem like Katarina is going to show up soon, I am going to give my brave axe+ Legion the summoner support, darting blow and Galeforce. This will give him an effective speed of 38 on initiation allowing him to quad 33 speed and below when unboosted, which if he hits something that can counter he should immediately have galeforce ready to go slap someone else in the face. Something that just came to my mind though is if galeforce can activate again after a unit is danced to. 

4 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Oh so dance does not reset galeforces turn counter, that's a shame 

Otherwise you could (theoretically) attack 8 times in one turn with 1 unit: 

1. attack
  2. GF -> attack
  3. dance -> attack
  4. GF -> attack
  5. dance -> attack
  6. GF -> attack
  7. dance -> attack
  8. GF -> attack

Its possible "just" 5 times. 

I like the Idea of Galeforce Legion btw., but if prefer Galeforce on Cavs and Fliers. 

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm used to greens being rare, but I swear this game knows that I'm trying for Katarina on her banner, and has consistently given me 0-1 reds in every session. C'mon game, you gave me 4-5 reds at a time when I was trying for Ninian on the TT mini banner!

I have pretty consistently gotten 3 red orbs per draw this time, I now have more stahls than I know what to do with, which means I have more than one stahl (bloody stahl). Still no Katarina though.

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I like the Idea of Galeforce Legion btw., but if prefer Galeforce on Cavs and Fliers. 

Yeah I imagine their increased mobility makes the build run better, same with hit and run, which my legion currently runs