• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'm mildly surprised Veronica became 2nd, but not as shocked as many others here. 

I mean, less than 30k votes sufficed for second place. Players who entered the FE franchise with heroes have a (slightly) deeper connection to the OC characters, since they where featured in the story sequences. All the other votes were spread on hundreds of characters, while new players (with no connection to the original series) could concentrate on Veronica. 

37 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'm not really sure why you quoted something I didn't say & bolded fonts, but sure?

I decided partway into that to delete it but messed up and couldn't get rid of the quoting box. So rather than leave than leave an odd blank box there, I put my response in there in bold. The only way to have deleted the quoting box would have been to delete the entire post- which I did not feel like doing. My bad.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I decided partway into that to delete it but messed up and couldn't get rid of the quoting box. So rather than leave than leave an odd blank box there, I put my response in there in bold. The only way to have deleted the quoting box would have been to delete the entire post- which I did not feel like doing. My bad.

Can't you just click the heading of the quote (the area with "X minutes ago, Name said:"), then hit Delete?  At least, that works on a PC.  If you're posting on mobile or Mac I'm not sure how much that would help.

12 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Can't you just click the heading of the quote (the area with "X minutes ago, Name said:"), then hit Delete?  At least, that works on a PC.  If you're posting on mobile or Mac I'm not sure how much that would help.

On mobile you can't get rid of those boxes (like quotes and spoilers) without reloading the page. 

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

I can say from experience that +10 Lukas is quite good when built right and he will not disappoint.

A Steady Breath QR Guard Aether Lukas with Slaying Lance+ is always nice but I'm actually leaning towards a Distant Counter Berkut's Lance (+RES refinement) QR Distant Def/Guard Lukas for mixed tanking of joy and wrath.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Who has your Summoner Support now? I say go for it if you're using him nearly everywhere (notably Arena), especially if you can really notice the +2 to stats.

My free (so of course neutral) Brave Lyn. She used to run my arena core with Hector (Whom she has an S Support with) and Fjorm for a couple of weeks and I was using her basically everywhere. These days she's part of the 2nd or 3rd team in whatever Tempest and runs as in Arena Assault. The 40-44 speed vs 38-42 has really saved her in quite a few situations as well as the bonus stats, but I don't use her half as much as I used to whereas I use Matthew in virtually every mode.

I was originally going to put it on Sword Lyn but she doesn't see very much use as there's no room for her in my main team (She can't take Ayra's spot without Wrath).

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

My free (so of course neutral) Brave Lyn. She used to run my arena core with Hector (Whom she has an S Support with) and Fjorm for a couple of weeks and I was using her basically everywhere. These days she's part of the 2nd or 3rd team in whatever Tempest and runs as in Arena Assault. The 40-44 speed vs 38-42 has really saved her in quite a few situations as well as the bonus stats, but I don't use her half as much as I used to whereas I use Matthew in virtually every mode.

I was originally going to put it on Sword Lyn but she doesn't see very much use as there's no room for her in my main team (She can't take Ayra's spot without Wrath).

Yeah I''d definitely say Matthew is gonna get more out of the boost. The fact that you've stuck with neutral so long reinforces the notion that you value every one of his stats, so I think you're going to be pleased with the results. Even more so if you get a nature like -hp, which the support more than makes up for.

Do you pair Lyn with another cavalry unit for buffs? That'd be an easy way to cover a Spd deficit.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Of course, if anyone has suggestions for even better skills for any of these three, I'm all ears! I just would like to pull even more them for merges now. :P Also highly considering giving Summer Freddy the earth blessing so he and RD Ike can really be my muscle duo of Legendary Biceps and Abs of Death. lol

For a budget build, I'd say what you have now is already pretty great. Radiant Aether procs ahoy! :p

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

For a budget build, I'd say what you have now is already pretty great. Radiant Aether procs ahoy! :p

Yay! Vantage has saved my ass already too. lol I'd also put it on regular PoR Ike, but Swordbreaker helps him a lot as is. Plus I just don't seem to get much Vantage fodder. DX

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah I''d definitely say Matthew is gonna get more out of the boost. The fact that you've stuck with neutral so long reinforces the notion that you value every one of his stats, so I think you're going to be pleased with the results. Even more so if you get a nature like -hp, which the support more than makes up for.

Do you pair Lyn with another cavalry unit for buffs? That'd be an easy way to cover a Spd deficit.

Realistically I could probably just run my 2nd speed seal on her to patch that particular stat (the original Speed +3 seal rests permanently on Sword Lyn who is +ATK/-SPD). It's currently on Inigo as a filler but will soon be replaced with Drive Def 3 so his partner (Matthew) can have even more ridiculous tanking value.

I generally treat Lyn like Reinhardt and slap her on whatever team needs her for a specific counter, but I may start putting her on more cavalry teams. Especially considering I've been pulling more Gunters and Jagens and probably have 1/2 Hone and Fortify Cav buffs to go around.

And I've stuck with neutral because anything other than +ATK isn't worth it for Matt. But if I get to +9 with Neutral I can't merge him until I get a +ATK/-HP or +ATK/-DEF nature. Literally any other nature is too detrimental and neutral has a ceiling on his potential at the highest level.

@Zeo I'd second the idea that Matthew might benefit more from the Summoner Support. I don't know if I could ever take mine off of Clarisse again now, because like @Johann said, everyone single stat is helped immensely by the +2 boost with that kind of build. And having more HP never hurts for a tank either, especially if you go with -HP for his final bane.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Realistically I could probably just run my 2nd speed seal on her to patch that particular stat (the original Speed +3 seal rests permanently on Sword Lyn who is +ATK/-SPD). It's currently on Inigo as a filler but will soon be replaced with Drive Def 3 so his partner (Matthew) can have even more ridiculous tanking value.

I generally treat Lyn like Reinhardt and slap her on whatever team needs her for a specific counter, but I may start putting her on more cavalry teams. Especially considering I've been pulling more Gunters and Jagens and probably have 1/2 Hone and Fortify Cav buffs to go around.

And I've stuck with neutral because anything other than +ATK isn't worth it for Matt. But if I get to +9 with Neutral I can't merge him until I get a +ATK/-HP or +ATK/-DEF nature. Literally any other nature is too detrimental and neutral has a ceiling on his potential at the highest level.

I hear that, Cecilia (with Gronnwolf) has shifted from my main Arena lineup to being a hard counter to horse emblem teams (often decimating entire teams herself), and further investment into her isn't necessary unless I specifically want to use her to maximize scoring (which would be a lot of work to redo since she's already 4*+10).

Would you use +Spd/-HP temporarily? I can see Atk+4 being too good to pass up for someone who's Atk isn't that hot to begin with, of course.

6 minutes ago, Johann said:

I hear that, Cecilia (with Gronnwolf) has shifted from my main Arena lineup to being a hard counter to horse emblem teams (often decimating entire teams herself), and further investment into her isn't necessary unless I specifically want to use her to maximize scoring (which would be a lot of work to redo since she's already 4*+10).

Would you use +Spd/-HP temporarily? I can see Atk+4 being too good to pass up for someone who's Atk isn't that hot to begin with, of course.

I've got 3 or 4 merged *4's ranging from +5 to +7, I may start merging Cecillias until I get her to *4 +10 then merge down my *5 one just for the point boost.

+SPD/-HP would be worth it, not for endgame but generally it's decent. Even +RES/-HP could be helpful in the interim (between +5 and +9) for the extra tanking potential against mages, particularly if I pull a B!Lyn and change his C Skill to ATK Smoke. Then I can run Distant Def which will really help him out against magic.

Only -HP can be his bane though. Anything else aside from the specific +ATK/-DEF nature is unacceptable. And even as a +10 only +ATK/-HP or +ATK/-DEF would work. And I'd only take the latter if I ran out of patience and acquired that nature first.

@DefaultBeep Yeah. I'm going to slap SS on him at the halfway mark. Next Matthew I get to bring him up to +5 will be the turning point for him.

Edited by Zeo

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I've got 3 or 4 merged *4's ranging from +5 to +7, I may start merging Cecillias until I get her to *4 +10 then merge down my *5 one just for the point boost.

Incidentally, I did 5* a Cecilia once, but that was just to give Gronnraven+ to my -Atk Boey, who I consider the best user of that tome.

22 minutes ago, Johann said:

Incidentally, I did 5* a Cecilia once, but that was just to give Gronnraven+ to my -Atk Boey, who I consider the best user of that tome.

Incidentally I have a +ATK/-HP and +SPD/-HP Boey so I could build him at any point. He's just very unremarkable for me. He's got good DEF but that's about it. I'll likely build him at some point but he's way waaaaay on the backburner. I could conceivably do some sort of Close Counter build. You can never have enough green Mages. But speaking of green mages after Matthew is done I'll likely be going for a +10 Nino next. That or Serra.

I'd like Steady Breath on one of my dragons I intend build up/merge, and so I'll be pulling on Hero Fest tomorrow.  I'm dreading it so much, green is such an awful color to pull for.  At least with red, blue, and even colorless sometimes, if I don't get the desired unit there's a good chance I'll come away with some useful SI fodder.  Green is the "so close, yet so far" color for SI -- lots of potentially useful skills like Lancebreaker, WoM, Death Blow, Fury, and others, but locked behind a 20K feather investment for the full version.  Barst and Fae are pretty much the only 3/4* characters I ever want to pull from green anymore.   

I wonder if this upcoming seasonal banner will finally remove the arbitrary lock of 3ds character being the only ones getting seasonals, maybe we can get Marth dressed in something stupid or a seasonal alm or Eliwood or Celica or a seasonal Katarina (you know you want seasonal Katarina)

Hey guys, is it known which are the probabilities to get B!Ike and Nephenee in the Hero Fest Banner? I have decided to spend all my orbs (175 currently + the 50 from the 1st aniversary gift) there, but I’d like to know if my plan of snipping both green and blue at the same time is better, worst or just don’t care than pulling only green or only blue

@Interdimensional Observer Shota Gray best Shota

also i kind of wish the new CYL wasn't influenced by Heroes gameplay so much. Kliff is really popular but that's partly because people want him in. Gray and Tobin are pretty low though even though they had more presence in Echoes, i'm wondering if their Heroes versions (or just being in Heroes already) meant they didn't get as much votes. Especially poor Tobin

@Anacybele

Your new Ike has already come to visit me :)

Sadly, it doesn't make the unit show up in my catalogue >.< 

At least I can expect to come across him in the arena. This trend of legendary units being added and not put into stories is annoying, 'cos it makes it harder to fill in the spaces in the catalogue even with a silhouette >.<

Edited by Cute Chao

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Woohoo, all my Ikes are complete now! I love them all and I'm so super happy that I got all of them! :D And that I actually got my favorite Ike design in this game! AS A LEGENDARY HERO TOO. I ALWAYS LOVED the Vanguard armor! I didn't expect to see Ike as a legendary hero, but now I can see why IS did that. It fits perfectly with RD Ike truly being a legend once that story ends and actually having an earth affinity.

hqeo8sS.png

Hide contents

OZnBwmE.pngnAuSExe.png

Well, okay, RD Ike still needs Vantage 3. I ran out of fodder for that. No more Lon'qus or Reinhardts. >_<

But Vantage 2 still works well for him for now, I'd say!

Now IS, hold off on it for now, but sometime down the line, give me a seasonal Ike so I can have a whole Ike team!

@Rezzy @Arcanite

Of course, if anyone has suggestions for even better skills for any of these three, I'm all ears! I just would like to pull even more of them for merges now. :P Also highly considering giving Summer Freddy the earth blessing so he and RD Ike can really be my muscle duo of Legendary Biceps and Abs of Death. lol

Hey, it's funny that RDIke has almost the same stats as your BIke.  I'm not sure how well Warding Breath works in practice.  Ike's Res is passable, but not great.  It might be hard to bait non-green mages, but it would be hard to give him Steady Breath instead, since oddly enough, you'd have to kill another Ike to give it to him.

I'm surprised they didn't give Radiant Dawn Ike Ettard instead with some new effect to it.

So we've got Valter GHB on the 3rd and then the daily GHB's a week from now. The Matthew team runs I recorded of Oliver and Lyon were extremely fun to do so I think I'll do one for every GHB. Look forward to that if you enjoy watching a different style of play. 

43 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

@Anacybele

Your new Ike has already come to visit me :)

Sadly, it doesn't make the unit show up in my catalogue >.< 

At least I can expect to come across him in the arena. This trend of legendary units being added and not put into stories is annoying, 'cos it makes it harder to fill in the spaces in the catalogue even with a silhouette >.<

Huh, that's odd that a visiting unit you never saw wouldn't add their silhouette to the catalogue. But nice to know he visited you! :) I decided to give my Freddy a break from being my lead since I love this new Ike so much. lol

But yeah, you should eventually see RD Ike in the arena at least.

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hey, it's funny that RDIke has almost the same stats as your BIke.  I'm not sure how well Warding Breath works in practice.  Ike's Res is passable, but not great.  It might be hard to bait non-green mages, but it would be hard to give him Steady Breath instead, since oddly enough, you'd have to kill another Ike to give it to him.

I'm surprised they didn't give Radiant Dawn Ike Ettard instead with some new effect to it.

OMG you're right! lol They DO have nearly identical stats! Only differences are CYL Ike having one more Spd and RD Ike having one more HP and Res. XD

Warding Breath works fine since it doesn't need a magic attack to trigger. The only thing it does differently from Steady Breath is the stat it buffs. Ike just needs to be hit at all for them to work.

I'd love to see an Ettard-wielding Ike someday, but it wouldn't have built-in DC or anything like Ragnell. Plus Ragnell is Ike's most iconic and legendary weapon. So it makes sense that a legendary hero Ike would have that.