Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So, uh, I pulled this guy on a free pull not long ago and I got around to leveling him up today. But I know nothing about how he ought to be built. Any ideas?

Capture_2018-02-26-16-56-571.png

I inherited Moonbow onto him and that's it other than the refine and his A skill. I'll probably give him Reposition at some point, but otherwise, I have no ideas. I don't remember what his IVs are, but I do know they were decent.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Yeah daggers need more love.

Well I'm not really the biggest fans of Jakob and Gaius but they deserve better. Dagger users in general deserve better, people just sleep on daggers because the meta is about ORKOing things (for good reason too I guess, since you don't want a surprise Wings of Mercy unit ambushing you)

I guess I'll go Posion Dagger on Gaius then if I ever get a dupe Kagero. Might still be useful for PvE. I remember theorycrafting a build and he did pretty well with an enemy phase Close Counter Poison Dagger and QR set, but that was ages ago so not sure how well it would do. Even then, it's not like I have fodder for those anyway.

i think what we need for Daggers are SPD based Specials (not as broken as Regnal Astra) or in general, but on the line of Bonfire/Iceberg and Ignus/Glacies. They usually have high speed but lack in the attack department mostly, some have mixed bulks and some have high res or high def.

Or Specials that are based on the amount of debuffs the enemy has (similar to gunnthras weapon, but instead as weapon as a special), for example adds the amount of debuffs as raw dmg when the special activates. This makes daggers excellent support units, not only do they cripple the enemy/buff allies, but they also buff the allies special damage, when they run this special (or with a dancer their own special)

The only problem with SPD specials is that they might open a total other can of worms with Desperation builds ¬.¬, but in the age of Bold/Vengefull Fighter with Black Luna and Regnal Astra, Brash Assault Desperation Reinhardt and Refined broken Dragon breath it seems only fair lol

Edited by Hilda

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, uh, I pulled this guy on a free pull not long ago and I got around to leveling him up today. But I know nothing about how he ought to be built. Any ideas?

Capture_2018-02-26-16-56-571.png

I inherited Moonbow onto him and that's it other than the refine and his A skill. I'll probably give him Reposition at some point, but otherwise, I have no ideas. I don't remember what his IVs are, but I do know they were decent.

Looks like +Res. Can't quite see the bane because of the change in weapons though. Either Spd or HP?

He's pretty much a red, non-flying Minerva stat-wise. He can be quite tanky and quite balanced, but needs a boost somewhere to shine compared to other sword users.

As for skills I'll give it a try. Luna may actually be an alternate option compared to Moonbow- you get better damage, and Slaying Edge means it only has 2 cooldown instead of 1. (Sure Moonbow has 1 countdown now but Luna is a stronger offensive skill, and with Slaying Edge is the same as a 'normal' Moonbow countdown).

That said, he has a really nice Def stat. Maybe Bonfire/Ignis can be another option?

Quickened Pulse works on any special that you go for. If Moonbow then you have it charged at the start of battle, if Luna/Bonfire, then after 1 round of combat you have it ready for the next battle.

Fury can be the A skill although Life and Death is an option if you want to be more aggressive at the cost of his defenses. (Then go for Moonbow/Luna if using LaD). If you want to make him enemy phase then Steady Breath/Close Def is an option but that's expensive.

Swordbreaker would be a nice B skill for coverage.

C skill is always flexible, but if you want something that benefits Saber himself then Threaten Def would be good to bump up his damage.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Looks like +Res. Can't quite see the bane because of the change in weapons though. Either Spd or HP?

Pretty sure it's HP. Subtract the +9 combined he got from both the refined Slaying Edge and HP/Def 2 and that leaves him with 36, which is his bane value.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Pretty sure it's HP. Subtract the +9 combined he got from both the refined Slaying Edge and HP/Def 2 and that leaves him with 36, which is his bane value.

Ah, the HP/Spd+2 is misleading. I thought that meant HP+2 but it's actually HP+4.

Looks like you have the same Saber as mine though @Anacybele!

Although to be honest I haven't built mine either.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

He's pretty much a red, non-flying Minerva stat-wise. He can be quite tanky and quite balanced, but needs a boost somewhere to shine compared to other sword users.

As for skills I'll give it a try. Luna may actually be an alternate option compared to Moonbow- you get better damage, and Slaying Edge means it only has 2 cooldown instead of 1. (Sure Moonbow has 1 countdown now but Luna is a stronger offensive skill, and with Slaying Edge is the same as a 'normal' Moonbow countdown).

That said, he has a really nice Def stat. Maybe Bonfire/Ignis can be another option?

Quickened Pulse works on any special that you go for. If Moonbow then you have it charged at the start of battle, if Luna/Bonfire, then after 1 round of combat you have it ready for the next battle.

Fury can be the A skill although Life and Death is an option if you want to be more aggressive at the cost of his defenses. (Then go for Moonbow/Luna if using LaD). If you want to make him enemy phase then Steady Breath/Close Def is an option but that's expensive.

Swordbreaker would be a nice B skill for coverage.

C skill is always flexible, but if you want something that benefits Saber himself then Threaten Def would be good to bump up his damage.

Yeah, Luna probably is better, you're right. Dunno why I didn't go with that in the first place.

I was consider Swordbreaker for the B as well, actually, so glad you agree on that one.

Threaten Def sounds good as the C as well. I guess I'll roll with this!

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Ah, the HP/Spd+2 is misleading. I thought that meant HP+2 but it's actually HP+4.

Heh, nice coincidence. XD

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Luna probably is better, you're right. Dunno why I didn't go with that in the first place.

I was consider Swordbreaker for the B as well, actually, so glad you agree on that one.

Threaten Def sounds good as the C as well. I guess I'll roll with this!

Heh, nice coincidence. XD

Yeah, to be honest I just went with his default kit when I first got him during his reveal. He survives a lot of ranged attacks thanks to Aegis + Shield Pulse and +Res, although I guess he would need Distant Counter to really take advantage of that.

But yeah I haven't really been using him so I need ton properly build him when I do.

@Ice Dragon Ah fair enough, I don't usually pay attention too much to the combo Stat+ skills.

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I haven't built mine up completely either, though I have the excuse of mine being a not-so-ideal +HP/-Spd. Having the likes of Ayra, Soleil, etc. around doesn't help his case either.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Ah fair enough, I don't usually pay attention too much to the combo Stat+ skills.

Blame the localization team. This wouldn't have been an issue if the single-stat skills were named consistently with all other skills. Or at least, people would've gotten the confusion out of their system with the single-stat HP skills.

In Japanese, the HP +3/4/5 skills were simply named HP 1/2/3. Similarly, the [Stat] +1/2/3 skills were just [Stat] 1/2/3 without the plus sign.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

:D

Frederick with that axe would be amusing. lol

"Why must I use this ridiculous weapon? :/"

XD But I adore Frederick and pretty much everything about him, so of course I'd say this. :P

I can never quite get a read on him. He seems pretty serious... but then there's his pebble obsession... Not to mention the poster incident xD 

Honestly, because it's a weapon from his lord, he'd probably be delighted to use it :D 

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I can never quite get a read on him. He seems pretty serious... but then there's his pebble obsession... Not to mention the poster incident xD 

Honestly, because it's a weapon from his lord, he'd probably be delighted to use it :D 

Well, I wrote a study on him that might clear things up some. A small part of it technically is speculation, but I present plenty of evidence. It's on the second page of the Awakening board by now though. :P

And omg that was hilarious. XD It's also not the only time Frederick has done something that funny too. In his summer scramble conversation with Libra, he says he also tried to fix a rip in a pair of Chrom's underwear! LOL He also rubbed Lissa's shoes on his chest to warm them up, but she told him to take his own shoes and shove them up his arse. Another LOL! Frederick was wondering if they hated him because of his shenanigans and that's why he consulted Libra. He was feeling really upset with himself, the poor guy!

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Well he throws Seashells during the summer.

I'm just waiting for a Pebble dagger weapon, kind of like what they had in Fates.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I wrote a study on him that might clear things up some. A small part of it technically is speculation, but I present plenty of evidence. It's on the second page of the Awakening board by now though. :P

And omg that was hilarious. XD It's also not the only time Frederick has done something that funny too. In his summer scramble conversation with Libra, he says he also tried to fix a rip in a pair of Chrom's underwear! LOL He also rubbed Lissa's shoes on his chest to warm them up, but she told him to take his own shoes and shove them up his arse. Another LOL! Frederick was wondering if they hated him because of his shenanigans and that's why he consulted Libra. He was feeling really upset with himself, the poor guy!

I think I remember that. He's always trying so hard, bless him. 

I love the loyal knight type, even if Frederick goes a bit overboard here and there. I'll always adore this guy :D 

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I think I remember that. He's always trying so hard, bless him. 

I love the loyal knight type, even if Frederick goes a bit overboard here and there. I'll always adore this guy :D 

Yeah, same here! I love him for how super hard he works for everyone (not just Chrom and Lissa, he does things for everyone around him too, as shown in the harvest scramble convo with Henry), how he's able to do what he does seemingly without getting exhausted/tired much, and just how gosh darn sweet and gentlemanly he really is. And of course, he's really funny. lol And he's hot! <3 I don't know why he's uncomfortable with showing off those sculpted abs in the summer. Maybe he's afraid the ladies will swoon over him too much. XD

I tend to dig the loyal knight type myself, but there have been exceptions.

Freddy is cool, I like this guy. I was thinking of using his summer version for my next Avatar, I only need to add nerdy glasses. 

Speaking of Summer Freddy, would he be good for your Matthew/rogue dagger build, @Zeo? Mine is +DEF/-SPD, which means he trades ATK for SPD in comparison. 

21 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well he throws Seashells during the summer.

I'm just waiting for a Pebble dagger weapon, kind of like what they had in Fates.

I think Gaius won the craziness for me with his lollipop bow... that originally didn't even have a string xD 

...Or Xander with his floating toy... 

And then there was Tiki's melons... uh... melon axe... 

Man, the summer was a crazy time xD I'm looking forward to see what crazy collection of weapons we get this summer! 

@mcsilas @Cute Chao - Thanks for the input! I'm still a little undecided. I may go with Sheena for the axe, but she doesn't have like...any SP right now. XD Poor gal. So I guess it'll sit in my barracks a while longer... Beruka and Bartre have a ton of SP however. Hm.... I'll let you know what I decide.

Now that I think about it, this season will probably have a lot of armors... I may just give my 4 star Frederick TA2 and Lancebreaker 2 and make him a wall for Hardin. Maybe do something similar for Bartre just to keep my options open for AA. I already prepared Tobin to fight Grima, and he does not disappoint! 

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@mcsilas @Cute Chao - Thanks for the input! I'm still a little undecided. I may go with Sheena for the axe, but she doesn't have like...any SP right now. XD Poor gal. So I guess it'll sit in my barracks a while longer... Beruka and Bartre have a ton of SP however. Hm.... I'll let you know what I decide.

Now that I think about it, this season will probably have a lot of armors... I may just give my 4 star Frederick TA2 and Lancebreaker 2 and make him a wall for Hardin. Maybe do something similar for Bartre just to keep my options open for AA. I already prepared Tobin to fight Grima, and he does not disappoint! 

That's what I did with Cherche, Frederick and Bartre in the end... I usually end up using all of them through my AA runs. My Frederick is 5*, but I think he'll survive just fine even without TA2, since he doesn't take much damage from the armours he faces in my rounds and he seems to kill them each time quite nicely :) I could be wrong, though, since I've had mine at 5* for a while.

Bartre was definitely absolutely fine with only lancebreaker, if I recall. I've only recently promoted him, but he wasn't bad even at 4* for taking down Effies, Robins and the like. I didn't try him or Freddie against Hardin, though, before promotion. 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

That's what I did with Cherche, Frederick and Bartre in the end... I usually end up using all of them through my AA runs. My Frederick is 5*, but I think he'll survive just fine even without TA2, since he doesn't take much damage from the armours he faces in my rounds and he seems to kill them each time quite nicely :) I could be wrong, though, since I've had mine at 5* for a while.

Bartre was definitely absolutely fine with only lancebreaker, if I recall. I've only recently promoted him, but he wasn't bad even at 4* for taking down Effies, Robins and the like. I didn't try him or Freddie against Hardin, though, before promotion. 

I'll have  to run some calcs later to see how 4*+10 copies of Bartre and Frederick fare against some super merged 5 stars. Frederick has good DEF, but he might need some help doing extra damage against Hardin's crazy bulk. My Hardin is +DEF, and I think he has 39 DEF before Brazen DEF/RES kicks in. And then if he's on a Ward Emblem armor team... *shudders* He'll be a huge pain to deal with. 

I may have to do two builds for Cherche... I think I'll promote her next, but at the moment she's just running her Brave Axe+ build. But she could probably wreck with that new armor slayer thing.

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'll have  to run some calcs later to see how 4*+10 copies of Bartre and Frederick fare against some super merged 5 stars. Frederick has good DEF, but he might need some help doing extra damage against Hardin's crazy bulk. My Hardin is +DEF, and I think he has 39 DEF before Brazen DEF/RES kicks in. And then if he's on a Ward Emblem armor team... *shudders* He'll be a huge pain to deal with. 

I may have to do two builds for Cherche... I think I'll promote her next, but at the moment she's just running her Brave Axe+ build. But she could probably wreck with that new armor slayer thing.

Oh yeah, I forgot other people go against merged units >.< I stick between tiers 18 - 19 where you only run across low merges at best :D 

29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Speaking of Summer Freddy, would he be good for your Matthew/rogue dagger build, @Zeo? Mine is +DEF/-SPD, which means he trades ATK for SPD in comparison.

I wish I could help you there since my Summer Freddy was originally that very same nature until I pulled two more in the RD Ike banner. :P But I haven't studied enough of his possibilities yet. I will eventually though, so I can make a thread for him in the analysis board.

And while we're still talking about Frederick...

Capture_2018-02-26-18-44-061.png

Mine's been made a bit more ridiculous. :D Got enough feathers today to make him +7! But now I'm fresh out of spare Freddys and can't seem to pull anymore of him. >_<

Just wait until I pull a +Def, -Res Freddy to get rid of the -Spd here. He'll be able to have 36, maybe 37 Spd with a Hone Cav buff and that's BEFORE any Goads might take effect. I love you, Freddy! :3

@Rezzy @Arcanite

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Oh yeah, I forgot other people go against merged units >.< I stick between tiers 18 - 19 where you only run across low merges at best :D 

Yeah. I'm one of the crazies. XD But there's not much my Raven and Merric can't handle! I've just been facing several more armors...and those are tricky in AA...Especially since you usually can't snipe them out of existence with mages because they're running DC. 

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Yeah. I'm one of the crazies. XD But there's not much my Raven and Merric can't handle! I've just been facing several more armors...and those are tricky in AA...Especially since you usually can't snipe them out of existence with mages because they're running DC. 

I'd still bet a highly merged Freddie would be pretty good, although you may be right about the TA2. Same with Bartre. 

Urgh, it's stupid Tharja I hate going against now. I have some blue mages with red tomebreaker that can get her, but I like killing on enemy phase and it's hard to do with her. I'm even more glad she didn't win that poll thing otherwise she'd be everywhere >.< 

Roll on Ike being everywhere. My lancers know how to take him down :D 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I'd still bet a highly merged Freddie would be pretty good, although you may be right about the TA2. Same with Bartre.

Yeah, just look at mine! He kills most units with Ignis, even swords. He can also tank a lot of swords. He's killed Zelgiuses, Ikes, RD Ikes, and the like. While they were full health too. No joke.