Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Jokes aside, Corrin and Valter are definitely getting refinements next update

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

My inner optimist says that Omega Yato's gonna be busted beyond belief.

My inner optimism says it's gonna be warding blow. Gotta player phase them dragon units

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My inner optimist says that Omega Yato's gonna be busted beyond belief.

And then they'll just give it to Legendary Female Corrin, and Male Corrin will have to wait for a future update/

Ok, first off I have to say... @Ice Dragon Lilina got Forblaze and I totally called that. The reliability of a one hit blade tome unit just isn't there in my opinion. Not enough to justify not giving her a boost. Anyways.

@mampfoid Awesome clear! It's always cool seeing those one turn clears but it's even cooler when it's people you know. Cordelia still refuses to show up in usable form for me. Pulled my first one in a long time and it's +HP/-SPD like my very first one. Amazing.

@Kaden The beauty in F!Grima is in her versatility. With her spread she can be player, enemy or mixed phase and with her A-Skill she's got a niche in flier teams as an archer killer which is invaluable. In mixed teams she's got a place too... she basically fits anywhere. That's what I love about colorless units and I'm glad I got her so early. One day I'll have a dragon emblem team. Until then she'll need a spot on my Flier emblem team... both blues are mandatory though (Hinoka/S!Corrin) so I struggle to think of who to get rid of... Palla/NY!Camilla or Cherche.

Anyways on to the refinements. @mcsilas

• Fir and Karel refinement is fantastic cause Wo Dao+ isn't enough for either of them to be relevant anymore. I hope it's tailored to them well. I've got a +ATK/-DEF Fir at *4 and +7 but I'm kind of annoyed because I haven't summoned her in months and if I want the sword without another copy I'll have to promote her and lose all those merges which I really don't want to do.
  • Lilina was inevitable. I've got four +ATK versions of her at *4 and a +DEF one at *5 waiting for the tome. Guess I'll start building up some SP for her. Depending on her tome, she might just beat out M!Morgan as my +10 candidate. We'll see.
  • Lloyd needed something too as he's been rendered obsolete. Will be interesting to see what they give him.
  • Roy getting DC would be great but I'm past the point of expecting anyone other than Hector to have that skill if it's not already on their weapon. Steady and Warding Breath on his weapon would be awesome though. Unfortunately I have 0 Roys and haven't pulled him in a long time.
  • Ephraim and Hector are interesting because I didn't expect them to get the other versions of their weapons. Kind of expected a unique refinement for Hector's Armads. Not sure if I'd want to make the jump for normal Hector...

Will be refining Lilina if it's worth it.

@silveraura25 I think Sealed Falchion would be much better served on Lucina as she's a player phase unit. Chrom getting that weapon would require him to enter a round of combat at full health (which he's not very good at doing) and then operate at low health which pretty much requires him to be a player phase unit. He'd need +SPD and Fury/Darting Blow/Desp build in order to take advantage of the weapon since enemy phase tanking at lower health wouldn't be the best idea.

The Spectrum Bond I think is more reliable since it activates any time as long as he's next to an ally. The Sealed Falchion gives him more versatility but I think the setup is much more risky. I

Edited by Zeo

23 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Jokes aside, Corrin and Valter are definitely getting refinements next update

But Valters Lance already got two effects (Fury 2 lite and Killer effect). There are others like Peri who would profit more. 

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Awesome clear! It's always cool seeing those one turn clears but it's even cooler when it's people you know. Cordelia still refuses to show up in usable form for me. Pulled my first one in a long time and it's +HP/-SPD like my very first one. Amazing.

Hey thanks! It was really fun. I did a one-turn clear in lunatic and then tried once in infernal ... and failed. Then I got some sleep (I always do that before night-travels) and solved infernal before to hit the road (but not in one turn). Then I had eight hours driving and watching the pitch black to ponder out how to solve the problems. Funny that it took me so long to realize I had to bring a second dancer. I was breaking my head too long on how to make Cherche work on this map. 

I'm pretty sure +ATK and +SPD Cordelia will arrive directly after you finished Matthew, giving you the next hard decision to make.

Just now, mampfoid said:

But Valters Lance already got two effects (Fury 2 lite and Killer effect). There are others like Peri who would profit more. 

I'm only saying this because of Mystletainn refinement. 

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The reliability of a one hit blade tome unit just isn't there in my opinion.

+0 Lilina [+Atk, -Spd] (Raudhrblade+, Death Blow 3, Attack +3) +4/4/4/4 has 128 wins and 91 non-wins against +10 opponents with Fury 3 and +3/51/3/3.

+6/4/6/6 buffs boosts her to 151 wins, and a +10 merge boosts her to 164 wins. Dropping that to +6/4/4/4 at +10 merge gives her the same Atk as the first case for 151 wins.

Your opinion is simply not supported by the math.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

There are others like Peri who would profit more.

Peri is still the best lance cavalry in the game.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Who's Renault?

Odin's magic teacher.

A little question I have: Is a 4* Banner worth pulling?
I speculate for the next 4* banner because I need some Athena merges.
But I think I will get 5 more merges from her anyway, so it is only a matter of time...

Edited by Stroud

OMG, I just remembered he's the 2nd last member of Blazing Sword. Good grief, why the hell do you recruit someone when the game is about to be over?

Edited by Zangetsu

Just now, Zangetsu said:

OMG, I just remembered he's 2nd last member of Blazing Sword. Why the hell do you recruit someone when the game is about to be over?

Your healers might be dead at that point

Seems like the next person to get a new weapon will be a blue mage. They did the weapon triangle+colorless for the first batch, all of whom were physical damage dealers. Next came Soren and now Lilina + Fir/Karel. Not that many non-seasonal blue tome units, but here are the candidates: Mae, Odin, Robin, Ursula. I also think they might give a lance unit a new weapon as well as they just made two new red weapons. There's a lot of candidates, but I think It'll be Shanna.

YES

YES

yeeessssss

Roy upgrade finally. You know it, immediately getting +2 and the upgrade day 1 for him. My (pretty much) OG 5* deserves the best

Hoping for Breath effect added to Binding Blade and a huge increase on def up on the weapon.

Glad about the upgrades for Karel, Lilina, Roy, and Lloyd finally getting announced. Fir is a nice bonus: she kind of undermines this making Karel special, but whatever. I may have to upgrade her in a couple weeks when this goes live.

Not happy about Ephraim and Hector. I think these "replacement" refinements are a mistake, and I was hoping that between Ephraim already having a different refinement and Hector having the two Armads versions on extremely similar versions of himself, this would finally be over. I don't even want Berserk Armads, I want a refinement for regular Armads.

Edited by Othin

I can’t see myself upgrading either Armads or Siegmund. I prefer the original effect of both weapons. 

Fir getting a new weapon sounds really nice. As I said a few days ago, I didn’t know which unit consider as my red +10 project. I was considering Soleil, but not having a personal weapon was her main drawback. Fir would be a nice option...if it wasn’t for Roy receiving an upgrade to his weapon. I liked its original effect, so the more than obvious +4 Def/Res sounds really nice, even if he doesn’t get the breath effect, only the stance one. So, is there any 4* focus banner programmed for this month?

Edited by Javi Blizz

8 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I can’t see myself upgrading either Armads or Siegmund. I prefer the original effect of both weapons. 

Fir getting a new weapon sounds really nice. As I said a few days ago, I didn’t know which unit consider as my red +10 project. I was considering Soleil, but not having a personal weapon was her main drawback. Fir would be a nice option...if it wasn’t for Roy receiving an upgrade to his weapon. I liked its original effect, so the more than obvious +4 Def/Res sounds really nice, even if he doesn’t get the breath effect, only the stance one. So, is there any 4* focus banner programmed for this month?

According to the Event Calendar, we'll be getting a 4* banner on April 3.

"Bracing Breath" refinement makes a lot of sense, but I do hope it gets dragon effectiveness as well. If the Falchions can get Renewal 3 and dragon effectiveness as a base effect plus something wild like Super Bond/Drive or Double Lion as a refinement, it doesn't seem that outlandish for Binding Blade to get Bracing Stance 2 and dragon effectiveness as a base effect plus the improved special cooldown as a refinement.

I'm really happy Roy is getting a refinement. He was my first ever 5*, and he even had a really good boon in Atk. I used him a lot in the early days (sadly before HM was a thing so it doesn't reflect) so he will definitely be upgraded no matter what the refinement is. He deserves it :)

Especially since both Cupid Roy and CYL Roy have been used far more than him since then. I just prefer cavalry xD 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm really happy Roy is getting a refinement. He was my first ever 5*, and he even had a really good boon in Atk. I used him a lot in the early days (sadly before HM was a thing so it doesn't reflect) so he will definitely be upgraded no matter what the refinement is. He deserves it :)

Especially since both Cupid Roy and CYL Roy have been used far more than him since then. I just prefer cavalry xD 

Ugh, I know right, it hurts when your fave's base is infantry and becomes unusable and his other movement alts is more usable and fun to use XD 

While these refinements are nice, I don’t particularly care, since I either don’t have them (the five star exclusives), or I don’t have them trained up. A friend of mine has a Lilina, so he’ll be happy to hear this, since he likes her a lot 

Edited by Poimagic

@mampfoid I'm sure it still took a lot of planning, but you made it look super easy!  I was wondering how it was going to work with only two Galeforcers after Roy failed to kill the Armor in one round, but leaving only Azura in range of the Cavalier to suicide on was clever.

I'm really interested in seeing what Lloyd gets for his refinement. I upgraded him since I'll eventually upgrade every GHB character, but sadly he rarely sees deployment.  He desperately needs DC in his current state to fulfill any serviceable niche, but I don't see them putting that on any refinement upgrade.  It's reasonable to assume its base effect will be upgraded to be more in line with similar weapons like Gleipnir, but the refinement is anyone's guess.  A Breath effect maybe? 

I noticed, my +ATK 4*+8 Lilina will force me to a decision:

1. Wait for another copy to promote and merge into the 4* base to get her new Prf

2. Promote the 4* base right away and throw away all merges

That's hard. If I will go with the first option, I risk the Ephraim situation (another refinement on a later point). 

8 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid I'm sure it still took a lot of planning, but you made it look super easy!  I was wondering how it was going to work with only two Galeforcers after Roy failed to kill the Armor in one round, but leaving only Azura in range of the Cavalier to suicide on was clever.

It was a welcome riddle. I already did the EP trick in another run, but I don't remember which. When I tried to solve it with Cherche (instead of Olivia), Roy would have been left in the reach of that Lance Cav. The solution was to let Roy kill half the map to get him out of reach. Cherche will get her chance next time. 

Thanks for watching!

Edited by mampfoid