• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Finished building best Fates hubby <3

sLU9OZF.png

All that's left for now is getting that support with Summer Corrin to S. ^^ Not actually the exact same set as my Freddy as I'd planned (sans weapon, obviously), but still basically most of it. +18 Def on enemy phase, people. XD

Too bad about his IVs right now though. >_> +HP, -Atk is definitely not useful here. I hope to get a +Def, -Res/-Spd Silas later down the road. He's very likely going to drop to 4 star too, so I'm also going to +10 him! I'll sometimes run him with Freddy too, so both these guys can wall everything together!

Edited by Anacybele

For someone with a name like Surtr and the mythology behind it, FEH’s version sure didn’t live up to its name if he’s really dead this time. 

Anyway, with Garon being the next welfare infantry dragon unit, that leaves green and possibly colorless up for grabs for future welfares. I could see the likes of Ena, Bantu or Kurthnaga as possible candidates unless...they really have no faith in Dheginsea as a banner unit and make him unto a GHB reward. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just shorten it to Troubadorbs. That should just fit into the eleven character limit.

If he's lucky, they'll help give @Vaximillian orbs :D

@Anacybele Wow Silas can get really defensive :)

You don't want an extra stat boost for his weapon? +4 Defense is pretty tempting haha. Armours usually run Wards compared to Fortify/Hone (unless you see bladetome Henry/Lyn or something).

I'm still unsure of what my final build for my one is as well. Hope you get the better IV soon.

Is your horse team going to be Seth, Frederick, Silas?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Wow Silas can get really defensive :)

You don't want an extra stat boost for his weapon? +4 Defense is pretty tempting haha. Armours usually run Wards compared to Fortify/Hone (unless you see bladetome Henry/Lyn or something).

I'm still unsure of what my final build for my one is as well. Hope you get the better IV soon.

Is your horse team going to be Seth, Frederick, Silas?

Yes, like I was saying to people before, he's blue Freddy. :P

Not at the moment, no. armor emblem can be really annoying because of all their buffs and Slaying Spear's unique refine negates those buffs. So it'll be handy when I use Silas in arena as a bonus unit to deal with all those armors. I was certain of the build I wanted as soon as I saw those Frederick-like stats. lol

I haven't used Seth on my horse team in quite awhile, actually. My main horse team has been Freddy, Sigurd, Reinhardt, and legend Ephraim. So Silas is going to fill in for one of the latter two for arena when he's a bonus unit.

I'm missing pulling for new units aimlessy so much. I know i should keep my orbs safe, but it's so hard even if i'm not interested on the banner's new heroes and already spent my cheat 15 orbs on it..

At least i have 90 orbs with me and more to com from playing the story chapter.

@Anacybele Oh that's fair. Hmm, Silas being blue is tough when you have to compete with Reinhardt and Legendary Ephraim (I think it will still be Fire season?)

I guess if Silas replaces Reinhardt you will score more although it depends if you're comfortable running a team without a ranged unit.

@XRay I'm super sentimental. I still keep my first +Spd/-Atk Hector around, partly due to indecision on who gets DC, but also since he served me well despite the boon/bane.

Still also have my first 5 star, a +Atk/-Res Camilla in my barracks, even if there's a +Spd/-HP one waiting to be promoted.

For the longest time I also kept the first unit I used feathers for- a Wrys. He was my first healer and he served really well in the early days with his nice healing kit, I even promoted him from 3 star to 4 star. Helps that +Res meant he walled those mages. Heavenly Light was such a good skill early on when I had limited healers.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I guess if Silas replaces Reinhardt you will score more although it depends if you're comfortable running a team without a ranged unit.

Yeah, and I'm fine with going without a ranged unit, generally, but in this case, Reinhardt is a dude who's helped me quite a bit, so I'm not sure if I can really go without him. But I'd like to try, because Ephraim's stat boosts are pretty nice.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and I'm fine with going without a ranged unit, generally, but in this case, Reinhardt is a dude who's helped me quite a bit, so I'm not sure if I can really go without him. But I'd like to try, because Ephraim's stat boosts are pretty nice.

Maybe try one run without him, then if not just put him back in.

If anything, at least Silas will have bonus units stats as well anyway to help you in arena. 

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Maybe try one run without him, then if not just put him back in.

If anything, at least Silas will have bonus units stats as well anyway to help you in arena. 

Yeah, that is true.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just shorten it to Troubadorbs. That should just fit into the eleven character limit.

Genius.

Screenshot_20180915-113542.jpg

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Armor emblem can be really annoying because of all their buffs and Slaying Spear's unique refine negates those buffs.

Except it doesn’t work on the most common buff—Ward Armour—because it only disables Hone-type pre-combat buffs and not Spur-type in-combat buffs.

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Genius.

Screenshot_20180915-113542.jpg

Except it doesn’t work on the most common buff—Ward Armour—because it only disables Hone-type pre-combat buffs and not Spur-type in-combat buffs.

It depends on the type of teams she meets in Arena I guess- sometimes you face Armour teams who have Wards but also have dual Rallies for scoring, and those can also be annoying

Also lovely team.

Ethyln is so pink, I wonder if the pink duck would suit her?

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Eventually, as you get higher up, you'll start seeing Rally balls, and with the new Rally Up skills, I can see those getting really annoying.

Huh. Random realisation- Silas has the ocean's gray waves   a big wave on his hair.

He has Even Def Wave.

I see what you did there game.

Also kind of wish I didn't merge my extra L'Ephraim. Sturdy Stance would be nice for Silas since he can't learn Steady Breath anyway.

At least Beruka is rocking that other Sturdy Stance really well. Only the best for the flying assassin @Vaximillian (do we have any other flying assassins in FE?)

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Extra stage 3 of tap battle is bad, and whoever came up with it should feel bad.

Fixed that for you.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

(do we have any other flying assassins in FE?)

I… don’t think we do. I’m still amused trying to imagine a huge-ass flying lizard stealthily sneaking up on an elimination target.

You know, for how grindy this game can get sometimes, it'd be neat to have some sort of "Planned Tactics" feature where you can record a battle and, while you have the same team, be able to trigger auto-battle on the map you recorded with the game repeating your exact movements and actions...

...what? It's not like such a feature would remove any actual, or at least meaningful, gameplay from grinding out SP or HM on a unit. It'd just make the auto-battle feature better by letting you control how the game controls your units so they don't suicide on their own.

Edited by Xenomata

Sooo . . .  I don't like using only one bonus unit to collect kills in Arena and Tailtiu wasn't working out too well. The problem being my highest scoring unit, Eirika +10, runs Tactics. You would think it this would be fine for the thunder noble, but I don't have a lot of choice in who else I send in. So Jamke is basically the only option. As such Tailtiu wasn't really doing much but standing around since it was hard to get her blade charged.

And since I have wanted to build up a Valter for a while anyways, I decided I would do so. After using up some fodder to give him QR and stuff I am at 666 units in my barracks. I think Valter might be trying to tell me something. Did I just sell my soul to the devil? If so I hope that means I get more 5*'s when pulling.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I never see any Ward or Goad Armor being used in arena though.

I was bored and decided to predict book 3’s plot in advance.

3.0 will introduce shapeshifters (finally), and to accommodate that the main “antagonists” of book 3 will be beast units. While the Askr trio was in Nifl/Muspell, a beast tribe that is residing in Askr/Embla were getting increasingly hostile as the people there have treated them poorly. When the trio returns, an outbreak occurs which leads to a multitude of beast people dying, and King Gustav (Alfonse and Sharena’s dad) was supposedly responsible. It’s the straw that breaks the camel’s back and a civil war breaks out between the people of Askr/Embla and the beasts. The beast army is lead by the beast prince who is your standard angsty anti-human along with his subordinates. Loki works behind the scenes and spreads lies/rumors to further create tensions and also “assists” the beast tribe for her own ulterior motives. As the story progresses the lore is explained how the people/beasts started hating each other, and you learn that Bruno and Veronica (who are assisting the trio) are actually anti-beast as well. Down the line you rescue a gravely wounded OC beast who’s the “oh you’re not so bad I’ll join so we can get my side to understand” cliche and will be our Fjorm for book 3 as well as a way to introduce people to the beast mechanics. Speaking of Fjorm, she’ll just be there. Maybe Fjorm could be potentially kidnapped by the tribe as a way to provide tension midway through the story, but in the end she’ll have next to nothing to do and just be a tag-along. And of course in the end it’ll be rushed and everyone will be apologetic and realize Loki is the real troublemaker, who’ll flee and prepare for book 4.

I’m pretty sure something along the lines of this will happen, as a betting man. I might even make a thread to discuss the possibilities of book 3 when I have more time.

*Edit* Welp, never mind. Jingle Jangle already made a book 3 thread, so no need for that.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I'm quitting FEH, though not by choice. A good friend of mine passed away yesterday and I'm selling off my accounts to try and raise money for his funeral. This isn't a solicitation, just a notice. I'll still lurk because I like Heroes' art, but I will not be playing.

That's very sad to hear. I hope they're in a better place and didn't suffer when passing.