Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Surtr died as he had lived.....completely generic. 

So Fjorm doesn't have too long anymore. Poor Alfonse, he's a benchlord and now his most likely love interest is gonna die soon. 

I'm calling it before Book III starts:

The initial quest will the the OCs going to an all-new world to find a cure, but people there be evil so war.

Bonus points for IS if they use it as a way for Beast Units.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

53 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I never did. No real motivation to do so since I have no attachment to the character.

I don't have any attachment either, but gameplaywise she's a good unit, requires virtually no investment and is needed for some quests.

I'm kind of bummed out Silas doesn't have "Fall so that others may live" as a special quote.

Then again that does seem a bit wordy for a mobile screen.

I do like how he says "One for All" when you select him though, that's really memorable.

Also good on you @Anacybele for correctly predicting that he's pretty much a blue Frederick :D They both even have anti-armour weapons!

Edited by mcsilas

Also @Vaximillian Ethlyn is perfect, I like training her. Perfect art and voice. Nice healer out of the box with Heavenly Light and Live to Serve. Horse range + Physic is fun to use. Not quite sure if I want to commit to refined Fear or sacrifice a Lucius for Pain+ and Miracle. I guess Pain > Gravity because of lower Atk though.

Also RIP my second bonus run I thought I used the second one so my 2nd bonus was on the easy map training Ethlyn

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I KNOW RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

They just hit all the marks with her.
I’m not even salty about no Light Brand. Why hit one enemy when you can hit all of them?

Also I love how she is physically defensive.

So used to frail healers and when I saw she shrug offs melee attacks I was so relieved.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Surtr died as he had lived.....completely generic. 

So Fjorm doesn't have too long anymore. Poor Alfonse, he's a benchlord and now his most likely love interest is gonna die soon. 

Ok, I ask this before but what exactly is the appeal of this pairing again? It's been long time since I played Book II Chapter 1 and I don't exactly have any intention to play it again either. Well not until there's quest for them anyways.

Anywho, story ended pretty much it only could've . Not gonna lie, half of me fully expected Surtur BS his way out of it, but nope. Feel bad about the other units, but someone clearly thought more death = good story.

Overall, it just disappointing. Worse is that, I don't have any closure as so much I'm just glad it's over.

Well here's hoping for a better story in Book 3. Or to be more accurate, whoever is the free unit of Book III.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

I'm kind of bummed out Silas doesn't have "Fall so that other may live" as a special quote.

Then again that does seem a bit wordy for a mobile screen.

I do like how he says "One for All" when you select him though, that's really memorable.

Damn it! That was my favorite critical quote from him!

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Rescue romance is classic as all hell.

Right, completely forgot. Could've sworn that Sharena also help in that rescue, but I can't remember or care for that matter. Also I'm pretty sure you answer the last time I ask this.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also good on you @Anacybele for correctly predicting that he's pretty much a blue Frederick :D They both even have anti-armour weapons!

Yup, now I really want +Def (and not -Atk) Silas so I can give him the same build. :P

45 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Anywho, story ended pretty much it only could've . Not gonna lie, half of me fully expected Surtur BS his way out of it, but nope. Feel bad about the other units, but someone clearly thought more death = good story.

Overall, it just disappointing. Worse is that, I don't have any closure as so much I'm just glad it's over.

It sounds like their takeaway from Book 1 was "stakes feel too low" rather than "it's repetitive and feels like we're running in circles".

Well that was a rather sad ending but I am just glad it is over because it was dragging out too long.  Am I the only one that ships Alphonse and Anna?  I mean Fjorm is OK but I like her better with Sharena then Alphonse.  

Edited by EricaofRenais

Bleh, that ending felt super rushed and unresolved. They wasted pretty much every Book II character.

And come on, man! Helbindi deserved SO much better. He's the one OC I was hoping would survive. I thought he and Ylgr had some good chemistry, a good brother-sister thing going. Helbindi should have lived. I think I might just send negative feedback about it.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Ok, I ask this before but what exactly is the appeal of this pairing again? It's been long time since I played Book II Chapter 1 and I don't exactly have any intention to play it again either. Well not until there's quest for them anyways.

Well, aside from his sister Fjorm is the only girl who's inside Alfonse age range. Veronica and ice loli are too young while Loki and Fire Camus are obviously too old. Anna's a bit of a grey area but I think she's closer to an adult while Alfonse is closer to a late teenager. That and dating your boss is generally frowned upon. 

Speaking of Anna did she even say anything this story chapter?

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Well, sounds like Book II had a wholesome and well thought out ending!

On the kinda subject, I never build up Fjorm either. Shallow, I know, but I never cared for her design. The one time FE couldn't give us a strapping male lead, SMH.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Lol, you serious? He did nothing over the whole half-book. He had nothing going for him except for being ugly and not a girl which is somehow a plus.

I'm screaming at this drag, let him live OML

Going to be totally honest here, I'm kind of okay with Helbindi dying. Remember he was apparently enthusiastic killing Niflians during the invasion, so there was basically no way he was going to be forgiven if he survived, even if he did save Ylgr and Veronica.

Laegjarn's death was pointless. The whole "giving herself to the flames" thing should at least given her a power boost, or some new artwork. Her sacrifice for Laevatein is meh, as of right now. Obviously they can remedy this a little by bringing Laevatein back in a future story arc so we see her growth. totally not biased because her design is tied with Helbindi as my favorite and I want to see her character grow

One of the biggest narrative disappointments of this chapter was how Veronica didn't really learn anything. I was so excited to see what else she would do when she showed her growth and opposed Surtr, but even though her interactions with Ylgr were cute, she didn't really gain anything from these last few chapters. 

5 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I don't have any attachment either, but gameplaywise she's a good unit, requires virtually no investment and is needed for some quests.

That makes no difference to me. If I really have no attachment to the character, I can’t bring myself to use him/her. Missing out on some quests? That’s fine. Worrying too much about quests is how these gacha games try to keep you around. 

Anyway, it seems that the story disaster known as Book II is finally over. 

I dunno why anyone would think Alfonse and Fjorm seem to be paired, since she seems pretty clearly intended to be for <you>.

Also, I was kind of confused about what they did with Laevatein, since she didn't seem to get roasted by saying the Muspell fire ritual like Laegjarn did. It seemed like the Askr team were too late to stop her, yet I guess she's still alive anyway?

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Also, I was kind of confused about what they did with Laevatein, since she didn't seem to get roasted by saying the Muspell fire ritual like Laegjarn did. It seemed like the Askr team were too late to stop her, yet I guess she's still alive anyway?

She is just a little crispy on one side.

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I dunno why anyone would think Alfonse and Fjorm seem to be paired, since she seems pretty clearly intended to be for <you>.

My theory is that the more personality someone has, the worst the Muspell ritual will burn them. It's why Sutr is totally fine running around with the fire inside him, but Laegjarn, as a Camus, only could burn for so long. Therefore Laevatein must have been just soggy & bland enough to survive.

I just played through the story. Damn it! WHY!!!??? They could have just joined my side earlier and this shit would not even be a problem.

I am going to level up WOT!Reinhardt later and shove his Meisterschwert up Surtr's ass, and I hope the stupid story writer feels it. How dare they take away one of my favorite characters.