Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

The skills boost up a unit's calculated BST to 170. You essentially can use dancers that score just as much as an armor unit. It doesn't give them any stat boost, it's purely for arena scoring.

Oh. Oh, what the fuck. ;/

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Dark Azura is green infantry.
Flying Olivia is red flier.

Dancer cancer ahoy.

It’s already disgusting, and not in a memey sense.

I guess it was going to happen eventually. Either through higher scoring skills helping them out or a possible big change like lowering the difference BST makes to score. My main dislike here is that it's no different from Quan's Rally+, in that it's just more whale bait for arena scoring.

Holy crap, Silas with Berkut's Lance would be nasty, especially a +Res, -Spd one. Now, if only Berkut's Lance was more plentiful or a new version was introduced as Barrier Lance or something.

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Spoilers

Spoiler

Basically 36/35 with res refined Berkut's Lance in EP. That shit's good

Edited by silveraura25

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Am I reading this right...? Laevatein, Laejarn, and Helbindi are all going to be summonable?

Well, we know they're going to be playable. The summoning part is just an assumption, but a safe one since they're hardly going to give out all three for free.

Plus it's already been revealed that both the four new Nohrian heroes *and* the three Muspell heroes will be bonus units for Arena in a fortnight's time - i.e. the week after the unrevealed banner. This would confirm that they haven't just added them early for something in the more distant future. They're bonus units starting on the 25th so they must be out - regardless of method - by that point.

Edited by Humanoid

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

Basically 36/35 with res refined Berkut's Lance in EP. That shit's good

So much for an "obvious demote", huh? The other Nohrian Dusk heroes look good, especially Ophelia, but that's not an Odin bias or anything, however, if Silas really is the demote, then he could be an "inexpensive" option for a lance cavalry wall.

Spoiler

Silas is the first, regular summonable lance cavalry who has ~35 defense. Berkut (31), Camus (31), Clive (32), and Finn (32) aren't summonable, so they will be limited in merges and their defense's aren't high-high like Frederick's 36 neutral defense for example. Otherwise, there's only the seasonal spring Xander who sacrifices attack (25) for defense (35/26) and who had the highest defense for a lance cavalry until Silas and promoted Ephraim with 33 defense who's more of an offensive unit given Flame Siegmund's effects. Granted, you have to sacrifice a Berkut or Shigure if you want Reprisal Lance instead, but Silas having easier access to merges and higher base defense than the others would have a higher ceiling.

+Res, -Spd Silas is basically +Def, -HP Berkut if he had access to boons and banes. +Res, -Spd Silas's 40 HP, 35 Atk, 21 Spd, 36 Def, and 24 Res to Berkut's 43 HP, 34 Atk, 22 Spd, 31 Def, and 24 Res. Berkut's HP is higher allowing him to use Panic Ploy and boost skills more easily, but in certain situations like infernal and abyssal difficulty maps, they're not that useful compared to Silas's lower HP for higher defense.

At +10, +Res, -Spd Silas would have 44 HP, 39 Atk, 25 Spd, 40 Def, and 28 Res which with a resistance refined Berkut's Lance+ would give him 49 HP, 53 Atk, 25 Spd, 40 Def, and 32 Res. With his default Steady Stance 3, this Silas would have 46/39 defenses when attacked which would give him, at full health, 95 total or 71x2 physical bulk and 88 total or 64x2 magical bulk. This is before any buffs of which he'd be able to give himself +6 defense on even turns with his Even Defense Wave 3 or being on a defense tile.

@Kaden I think you’re sort of missing the point. People aren’t saying Silas is the demote because they think he’s subpar (which he isn’t as you’ve shown). It’s simply because the skills he offers are vastly less enticing compared to the others. 

But def wave, nice. Akariss discussed how there would be skills that will get a similar treatment to tactic seals. Wave skills will probably end up being that

Spoiler

I've always liked how Berkut's was this slow mixed tank that's incredibly mobile. Thanks Silas. You're definetely a unit I want to build

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

@Kaden I think you’re sort of missing the point. People aren’t saying Silas is the demote because they think he’s subpar (which he isn’t as you’ve shown). It’s simply because the skills he offers are vastly less enticing compared to the others. 

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that him being a possible demote could make it easier to make him stronger since it'd be easier to get him than the others. That is assuming the developers don't go crazy and demote Flora or Ophelia for some reason. Basically, striking down Silas could make him more powerful than people could possibly imagine. Or we'll all be Silas's best friend now with him being easier to "befriend".

Funnily enough the net result of all this is that we've simply returned to the status quo as of the end of book 1, because none of the book two characters who were introduced have any reason to ever reappear again (the ones who are able to, mind you).

Regarding the three datamined characters,

Spoiler

If they are, indeed, sharing an Arena season with the Nohrian Dusk characters, I'm guessing they'll be rewards for the Book II Quests that start on 9/22 and not banner characters. That Arena season starts on 9/25.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reveal hidden contents

If they are, indeed, sharing an Arena season with the Nohrian Dusk characters, I'm guessing they'll be rewards for the Book II Quests that start on 9/22 and not banner characters. That Arena season starts on 9/25.

Or both.

Nothing prevents them from pulling a Fjorm on them and putting them on the banner.

Edited by Vaximillian

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I agree with Vax. I could see them letting you pick 1 of them and then still have the banner with them on it.

@Vaximillian @Alkaid

I don't see why they'd have the Arena bonus characters include two separate main banners' worth of characters.

It's already pushing out slots that are normally used for existing characters, and putting two banners' worth of characters in one Arena bonus set is a literal middle finger to players who aren't pulling from the two banners.

I also don't see them doing a "pick one for free" thing for anything other than CYL characters.

I mean, you can definitely "I told you so" if they do appear on the next banner, but I would hesitate to say it's a sure bet at this time.