Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

On 7/29/2019 at 3:58 PM, Zeo said:

Then there's my -SPD S!Cordelia. You can get Close DEF from Joshua so that's a waste but Dull Close is the perfect skill for Luke now with his refine. Problem is the only Luke I have is +SPD (I pulled him recently, the previous one was -ATK) and it feels like a waste to use Dew on him when I have options like Hrid, B!Roy, Swordhardt, Ares, L!Eliwood, NORMAL Eliwood, Xander or even my +ATK Cain that I could refine if I wanted to with the option of merges. I'd be more than willing to fodder her off, it's just not worth it really. Luke needs to demote. He has no unique value at his point.

Lull Atk/Def from Dimitri would also be good on Luke. Compared to Dull Close, it would work against all foes and in addition to neutralizing their attack and defense, also debuff it by 3 meaning Luke with his unique refined Rowdy Sword would effectively have Atk/Def+9 and Res+3 in combat; Atk/Def+6 from unique refined Rowdy Sword and Atk/Def-3 on his foe through Lull Atk/Def 3. The downside is that it only neutralizes their attack and defense meaning a foe with speed or resistance buffs would prevent Rowdy Sword's unique refinement from working, but he'd still get Atk/Def-3 on his opponent. So, it's like a choice between ensuring it always works on melee units or having it work on all units, but having a 50% chance of not passing Rowdy Sword's unique refine effect.

Dimitri will always been in the regular summoning pool and considering Luke is a Brave unit, if he already has Death Blow 3 or you wanted to inherit Death Blow 3 onto Luke, then Luke can grab both Death Blow 4 and Lull Atk/Def 3 from Dimitri. If anyone demotes from the Three Houses banner, Dimitri would be pretty awesome not to say the others wouldn't be. Dimitri would introduce Death Blow 4 to the 4* summoning pool and according to Gamepedia, Lull Atk/Def 3 would be inheritable from a 4* Dimitri. Dimitri as a merge project would also be fantastic since his comparisons to legendary Ephraim is valid, but now he's always in the summoning pool and a 4* summonable unit. Legendary Ephraim has longer availability, but a +10 Dimitri might not be difficult it he were to demote.

Edelgard's entire kit would be good on Luke as well, but you'd need multiple copies of her to get Rouse Atk/Def 3 and other units to get Atk/Def Solo (winter Ephraim and hot springs Ryoma) and Dull Close (summer Cordelia) if you don't several copies of Edelgard.

Luke demoting would be a great thing since he would be the only 4* or lower summonable sword unit with a personal Brave Sword for what that's worth. The other Brave reds are Elincia, Keaton, and Meisterhardt. Cain and Ogma have Brave Swords, but their personal swords aren't Brave Swords and for that matter, Arden and Draug don't have personal swords yet. Although, Cain and Stahl do have Brave effects if they meet their unique refined sword's requirements. Meisterschwert's effects are arguably better than unique refined Rowdy Sword, but being able to merge Luke whose base neutral attack is only 1 less than Meisterhardt's is pretty good and you could just keep his sword unrefined for a simple 11 Mt Brave Sword. Hunting for +Atk Luke would be easier too if he's 4* or 3* summonable. Brave units don't need much to get going and Luke's a slow Brave, so just slap Death Blow 3 on him and there you go, the legend of Luke is ready to be told. This is still considering the fact that Meisterhardt has Death Blow by default, but like Luke, he still needs to inherit something to be a bit better which in his case is to inherit an offensive special if you don't want him to run Pavise similar to Luke wanting to inherit Death Blow if don't want to play with Fire Boost's HP check.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

finally got to checking GC. And I'm on Claude's team for the third time. *sigh* Not on Dimitri's team even once, how depressing. At least I'm getting feathers. 

Query: Should I upgrade a Chrom to sack to Dimitri for Aether? Or just give him Dragon Gaze/Glimmer?

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

finally got to checking GC. And I'm on Claude's team for the third time. *sigh* Not on Dimitri's team even once, how depressing. At least I'm getting feathers. 

Query: Should I upgrade a Chrom to sack to Dimitri for Aether? Or just give him Dragon Gaze/Glimmer?

I had that problem, only upside down. I’d’ve traded you my first two rounds on Dimtri if I could.

Aether isn’t the best skill for his style. If you want to give him something expensive, he can use Galeforce pretty well with his weapon + Heavy Blade seal.

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

Lull Atk/Def from Dimitri would also be good on Luke. Compared to Dull Close, it would work against all foes and in addition to neutralizing their attack and defense, also debuff it by 3 meaning Luke with his unique refined Rowdy Sword would effectively have Atk/Def+9 and Res+3 in combat; Atk/Def+6 from unique refined Rowdy Sword and Atk/Def-3 on his foe through Lull Atk/Def 3. The downside is that it only neutralizes their attack and defense meaning a foe with speed or resistance buffs would prevent Rowdy Sword's unique refinement from working, but he'd still get Atk/Def-3 on his opponent. So, it's like a choice between ensuring it always works on melee units or having it work on all units, but having a 50% chance of not passing Rowdy Sword's unique refine effect.

Dimitri will always been in the regular summoning pool and considering Luke is a Brave unit, if he already has Death Blow 3 or you wanted to inherit Death Blow 3 onto Luke, then Luke can grab both Death Blow 4 and Lull Atk/Def 3 from Dimitri. If anyone demotes from the Three Houses banner, Dimitri would be pretty awesome not to say the others wouldn't be. Dimitri would introduce Death Blow 4 to the 4* summoning pool and according to Gamepedia, Lull Atk/Def 3 would be inheritable from a 4* Dimitri. Dimitri as a merge project would also be fantastic since his comparisons to legendary Ephraim is valid, but now he's always in the summoning pool and a 4* summonable unit. Legendary Ephraim has longer availability, but a +10 Dimitri might not be difficult it he were to demote.

Edelgard's entire kit would be good on Luke as well, but you'd need multiple copies of her to get Rouse Atk/Def 3 and other units to get Atk/Def Solo (winter Ephraim and hot springs Ryoma) and Dull Close (summer Cordelia) if you don't several copies of Edelgard.

Luke demoting would be a great thing since he would be the only 4* or lower summonable sword unit with a personal Brave Sword for what that's worth. The other Brave reds are Elincia, Keaton, and Meisterhardt. Cain and Ogma have Brave Swords, but their personal swords aren't Brave Swords and for that matter, Arden and Draug don't have personal swords yet. Although, Cain and Stahl do have Brave effects if they meet their unique refined sword's requirements. Meisterschwert's effects are arguably better than unique refined Rowdy Sword, but being able to merge Luke whose base neutral attack is only 1 less than Meisterhardt's is pretty good and you could just keep his sword unrefined for a simple 11 Mt Brave Sword. Hunting for +Atk Luke would be easier too if he's 4* or 3* summonable. Brave units don't need much to get going and Luke's a slow Brave, so just slap Death Blow 3 on him and there you go, the legend of Luke is ready to be told. This is still considering the fact that Meisterhardt has Death Blow by default, but like Luke, he still needs to inherit something to be a bit better which in his case is to inherit an offensive special if you don't want him to run Pavise similar to Luke wanting to inherit Death Blow if don't want to play with Fire Boost's HP check.

Really Luke's niche is to be a nuclear powered explosion firebomb of a Brave. Only 3 less attack than Cherche, and with his conditional active, a 54 Attack before buff and passive is nothing to laugh at

But yeah.... its Luke. Even back in his origin game wheres hes hilariously good, a lot of people didn't want to use him if they can afford to . Too bad hes just that good back then

44 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Really Luke's niche is to be a nuclear powered explosion firebomb of a Brave. Only 3 less attack than Cherche, and with his conditional active, a 54 Attack before buff and passive is nothing to laugh at

Btw: Is his condition met, when the buffs on foe are paniced? 

36 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Btw: Is his condition met, when the buffs on foe are paniced? 

iirc yeah. Since its treated as not having buff. After all its, iirc the basis behind Bladetime Panic interaction

the real difficulty of using his weapon is when you saw its red and think its a no buff state
because this game puts up a red if you have debuff and the color coding takes priority over having buff instead of when your stats is lower than it should be

i just lost an arena run yesterday because of that and totally not salty ok

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

18 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

iirc yeah. Since its treated as not having buff. After all its, iirc the basis behind Bladetime Panic interaction

Ok, thanks.

18 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

the real difficulty of using his weapon is when you saw its red and think its a no buff state
because this game puts up a red if you have debuff and the color coding takes priority over having buff instead of when your stats is lower than it should be

i just lost an arena run yesterday because of that and totally not salty ok

Ouch, that is strange, yeah. 

I'm not considering to give Luke his refine, but I bet we'll see this condition on other weapons though. 

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, thanks.

Ouch, that is strange, yeah. 

I'm not considering to give Luke his refine, but I bet we'll see this condition on other weapons though. 

or skills yes

god forbid they figure out they can make B skill off Seliph weapon

Did i just trigger a million @Ice Dragon

(as a sorta relevant follow up question, is there anything about Seliph in AR atm that isnt replicable by Hel when she got released)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I just beat Sothis's infernal map with a REALLY weird team.

Legendary Ike, Performing Arts Azura, Valentine's Ike, and Veronica. And Valentine's Ike was the most important part of my team.

That's pretty great.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

(as a sorta relevant follow up question, is there anything about Seliph in AR atm that isnt replicable by Hel when she got released) 

Hel is a flier, so she wouldn't be able to use some of the skills Seliph could like Fierce Breath to speed up special charging, Wrath for damage, bestowing or benefiting from Infantry Pulse, etc.. Hel's Scythe doesn't work against mages and healers whereas refined Turfing works against everyone as long as Seliph's HP is >= 50% for its Miracle effect and if I recall correctly, her resistance wasn't that great when she appeared as an enemy, so despite her color advantage as an axe unit, Reinhardt could straight up kill her and laugh in her face like he does to maybe 90% of the cast. Unless her defense ends up being super high when she's eventually released, archers might have an easy time against her as well if she's not running Iote's Shield or comes with a personal skill that neutralizes effective damage and does whatever else.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, cool, they're starting to add old characters to the introductions page. It looks like we got Jagen, Cain, Abel, Draug, and Gordin added this morning.

gordin_altean_archer_info02.png

*Sketches in a smaller chibi Ryan to the right of Gordin copying his expression*

17 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Just realized there are already more Three Houses exclusive characters than there are Thracia exclusive characters. :o!

1. Olwen
  2. Saias
  3. Reinhardt (but not if you don't count him b/c not playable)
  4. Possessed Mareeta (semi-questionable b/c she isn't sane)

On the other hand, we have FebyClEdDiMabySo.

It's pitiful for Thracia, but also part of its age.

And uh, can anyone tell me how many permanent playable characters 3H has across the routes? I don't need names, nor individual route PC numbers. I just want to know the total mass.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sketches in a smaller chibi Ryan to the right of Gordin copying his expression*

1. Olwen
  2. Saias
  3. Reinhardt (but not if you don't count him b/c not playable)
  4. Possessed Mareeta (semi-questionable b/c she isn't sane)

On the other hand, we have FebyClEdDiMabySo.

It's pitiful for Thracia, but also part of its age.

And uh, can anyone tell me how many permanent playable characters 3H has across the routes? I don't need names, nor individual route PC numbers. I just want to know the total mass.

Oh okay let's see...

There is Byleth; the 24 students (eight in each house) and other 9 characters between Knights of Seiros and Professors.

So in total are 34 characters (35 if you count each Byleth as their own being).

Edited by Troykv

12 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Aether isn’t the best skill for his style. If you want to give him something expensive, he can use Galeforce pretty well with his weapon + Heavy Blade seal.

Psht, with all his attack buffs, Dimitri would have no problem triggering Heavy Blade. Not sure about Galeforce, though. With his normal lance, he wouldn't be able to follow up after one round of combat. I could slap a slaying lance on him, I suppose, to trigger more Galeforce procs, but I rather like Noble Lance since he can double even speedy units on initiation. I'll keep it in mind. But I may still utilize the Heavy Blade seal to make him proc something like Dragon Fang in a single combat phase.

23 minutes ago, Troykv said:

There is Byleth; the 24 students (eight in each house) and other 9 characters between Knights of Seiros and Professors.

So in total are 34 characters (35 if you count each Byleth as their own being).

1 + 8 + 9 = 18 per route?

😲

I don't have the game yet. But that sounds painfully small! I'm not sure I like that, it looks too limited.

It sounds like you can steal from the other Houses though, which reminds me of Devil Survivor 2 and being able to swipe 3 or all 4 of the opposing two groups' characters after beating them on Saturday. It makes the bitter pill a little easier to swallow.

And I'm fine with Genealogy's 24 per Gen, SoV's 16 per route, and the Part jumbling of RD. But those games are "atypical FEs" in the character formatting and availability.

My mindset is assuming 3H to be a "typical FE", and then I consider Sacred Stones as "typical FE", and I know I find SS to have too small a roster at 33.

Though Conquest with just the adults gives you 26 characters, and kids bring it to 40, and this doesn't make me feel so restricted. Albeit I play SS and CQ differently.

Maybe if I just reframe 3H as "atypical FE" in this category, the negative impression the roster size sends me will fade away.

And I admit, a smaller roster means each character can have more resources devoted to their writing. That is a good thing.

13 hours ago, silverserpent said:

I personally prefer Galeforce if you are going the 5 cooldown route.

Dimitri's HP management can be a pain in the ass if you do not build him correctly, and Aether could be problematic if it heals him back to 100% HP but the rest of the enemies are less than 100% HP.

13 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Psht, with all his attack buffs, Dimitri would have no problem triggering Heavy Blade. Not sure about Galeforce, though. With his normal lance, he wouldn't be able to follow up after one round of combat. I could slap a slaying lance on him, I suppose, to trigger more Galeforce procs, but I rather like Noble Lance since he can double even speedy units on initiation. I'll keep it in mind. But I may still utilize the Heavy Blade seal to make him proc something like Dragon Fang in a single combat phase.

Dimitri is probably the best Galeforcing pony out there in my opinion. Making Noble Lance do follow-ups continuously is actually pretty easier, and a thousand times easier than Slaying Lance, since you just need to run Savage Blow. After his first round of combat, he would have taken counterattack damage and have less than 100% HP, and Savage Blow makes surrounding enemies also have less than 100% HP, allowing Dimitri to continue to double.

Dimitri +Atk/Def
Noble Lance
Galeforce
Death Blow — Sturdy Blow (you might need to lower his Atk if he kills things in one hit too frequently)
Lull Atk/Def
Savage Blow
Heavy Blade

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

1 + 8 + 9 = 18 per route?

😲

I don't have the game yet. But that sounds painfully small! I'm not sure I like that, it looks too limited.

It sounds like you can steal from the other Houses though, which reminds me of Devil Survivor 2 and being able to swipe 3 or all 4 of the opposing two groups' characters after beating them on Saturday. It makes the bitter pill a little easier to swallow.

And I'm fine with Genealogy's 24 per Gen, SoV's 16 per route, and the Part jumbling of RD. But those games are "atypical FEs" in the character formatting and availability.

My mindset is assuming 3H to be a "typical FE", and then I consider Sacred Stones as "typical FE", and I know I find SS to have too small a roster at 33.

Though Conquest with just the adults gives you 26 characters, and kids bring it to 40, and this doesn't make me feel so restricted. Albeit I play SS and CQ differently.

Maybe if I just reframe 3H as "atypical FE" in this category, the negative impression the roster size sends me will fade away.

And I admit, a smaller roster means each character can have more resources devoted to their writing. That is a good thing.

Other than the Lords and Hubert/Dedue it's possible to get characters from other houses; it's harder than the neutral charaters, but perfectly possible.

But yeah, it's overall the game that has the less amount of characters playable at the same time.

__

This also means this game would actually get to have most of it's playable characters in Heroes because they would require a very small number of Banners to get them (Only 8 if they're banner units, and even less if some of this characters are used for GHB or added directly into the summoning pool after a special event).

Each character has a space in the writing and support several characters, even the professors and knights.

Edited by Troykv