Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

It’s actually the 7th due to the calendar being a day off (the Valentina banner also ends on the 7th), but yeah they could’ve dropped the trailer tonight.

It's not a day off anymore with daylight savings in effect now though. Or at least I thought.

Still think being a day off for most of the world is entirely stupid regardless...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

It’s actually the 7th due to the calendar being a day off (the Valentina banner also ends on the 7th), but yeah they could’ve dropped the trailer tonight.

Well technically speaking the calendar isn't a day off anymore since it's based off of the PST and since daylight savings has started that means the banners release at 11:00 over there now and not midnight

3 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Well technically speaking the calendar isn't a day off anymore since it's based off of the PST and since daylight savings has started that means the banners release at 11:00 over there now and not midnight

Yeah, it's correct for that time zone now but not mine (I now get the reset at 1:00 AM). I should've said that it is still a day off for me and anyone else in the US who doesn't live in the PST.

Hm... the "Cavalry Strike quests" (dumb quests that don't give orbs) is the last event in the calendar before the next New Heroes Banner, which is on Nov 6th (Nov 7th for me).

I am expecting the trailer to be tomorrow. Would be cool to have the update tonight, so we can make the changes in AR for the next season and not start the season and then have the update after the first day.

Also, the Dining Hall rewards reset tomorrow.

...wouldn't it be neat if you could get units from Amiibo somehow?

Like, use the Alm amiibo to get Alm, FE!Chrom to get Chrom, and a draw of any 3* or 4* unit from any other amiibo. Nothing overpowered, especially considering that the FE amiibo in existence are of characters who aren't exactly considered overpowered these days (well... Alm and Celica are awesome, Lucina still has a good amount of merit, but they're also still just Gen 1 units...), especially considering how these days most amiibo will cost a couple arms and legs to get one in pristine condition, and still costing a pretty nickle for a used rare one.

...I dunno, I ordered the amiibos of SSB Kirby, SSB Dedede, SSB Meta Knight, SSB Luigi, and Alm/Celica recently (all used or in damaged boxes because I like my arms and legs), and looking at the ones that were delivered so far makes me kinda wish they did something for you in more games... not like it'd give a big advantage to amiibo collectors or anything (the ones who open their amiibo boxes), unless you consider having a bunch of fodderable 3* or 4* units an advantage.

19 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...wouldn't it be neat if you could get units from Amiibo somehow?

Like, use the Alm amiibo to get Alm, FE!Chrom to get Chrom, and a draw of any 3* or 4* unit from any other amiibo. Nothing overpowered, especially considering that the FE amiibo in existence are of characters who aren't exactly considered overpowered these days (well... Alm and Celica are awesome, Lucina still has a good amount of merit, but they're also still just Gen 1 units...), especially considering how these days most amiibo will cost a couple arms and legs to get one in pristine condition, and still costing a pretty nickle for a used rare one.

...I dunno, I ordered the amiibos of SSB Kirby, SSB Dedede, SSB Meta Knight, SSB Luigi, and Alm/Celica recently (all used or in damaged boxes because I like my arms and legs), and looking at the ones that were delivered so far makes me kinda wish they did something for you in more games... not like it'd give a big advantage to amiibo collectors or anything (the ones who open their amiibo boxes), unless you consider having a bunch of fodderable 3* or 4* units an advantage.

I'm a pretty big amiibo collector myself, so I would definitely like this. One problem I can see is that it doesn't really require you to buy the amiibo, merely to scan it. The cost of an amiibo mostly comes from the figure itself, not the little chip that lets you use it with games. These chips are possible to buy very cheaply (from third parties and not Nintendo of course) and can be used as an amiibo for scanning purposes, which might be what most people would do. 

Wouldn't be that bad if it only worked once though, but I doubt they would bother to implement amiibo support in this game for something that might not benefit them much. It would also require people to have devices capable of NFC, which I don't know if is universally supported? Don't know much about phones/tablets. I'd be personally be very happy if I could use my amiibo for something in Heroes though.

Something else I'd like to see, and which I think is a bit more realistic than amiibo support, is better rewards from My Nintendo. Platinum Points should be possible to use to buy feathers at least, or perhaps some refining materials or something. There could also be another round of those one-time deals that could give Grails or Orbs. And making Orbs available for Gold Points would also be really nice, and seems like it could be beneficial to Nintendo's sales as well.

8 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

I'm a pretty big amiibo collector myself, so I would definitely like this. One problem I can see is that it doesn't really require you to buy the amiibo, merely to scan it. The cost of an amiibo mostly comes from the figure itself, not the little chip that lets you use it with games. These chips are possible to buy very cheaply (from third parties and not Nintendo of course) and can be used as an amiibo for scanning purposes, which might be what most people would do. 

Wouldn't be that bad if it only worked once though, but I doubt they would bother to implement amiibo support in this game for something that might not benefit them much. It would also require people to have devices capable of NFC, which I don't know if is universally supported? Don't know much about phones/tablets. I'd be personally be very happy if I could use my amiibo for something in Heroes though.

Something else I'd like to see, and which I think is a bit more realistic than amiibo support, is better rewards from My Nintendo. Platinum Points should be possible to use to buy feathers at least, or perhaps some refining materials or something. There could also be another round of those one-time deals that could give Grails or Orbs. And making Orbs available for Gold Points would also be really nice, and seems like it could be beneficial to Nintendo's sales as well.

Being able to get orbs for Gold Points would be great! I like that idea. As for Amiibo support, that'd be cool too, but I dunno how they'd make it possible on phones. I don't know if phones or tablets can be capable of scanning Amiibo.

@BoaFerox @Anacybele I do not claim to know anything about the Amiibo chips, so for all I know they are compatible with smart devices, or it's somehow possible to connect a 3DS NFC reader to a smart devise... I dunno. It'd be neat, and new players who want an extra leg up and already have an entire wall dedicated to their opened amiibo collection could enjoy the benefits of a ton of random units and... uh... a bunch of swordies, one Red and Blue dragonstone, and two tomes (three if they ever made a P2 for Robin). Or heck, one-time battle effects would be nifty (Scan Mario to cast Growing Flame, scan Pikachu to trigger Blazing Thunder, scan Bayonetta to raise the age rating, etc.) if maybe giving an advantage to players with the right amiibo.
It'd be neat, though I'm not gonna hope for anything.

The Gold Points thing would be great, though TBH I wouldn't use it myself. I mean, Gold Points can be used to purchase things on the eshop, including game DLC. I purchased Megalovania in SSBU with them, and I consider that a pretty good deal compared to another shot to get no 5* units.
...wait did that come with a costume or something?

23 hours ago, Baldrick said:

There doesn’t seem to be any pattern as to when the trailer is released. Leif’s was the day before.

Usually, when it comes to early month banner, trailer is at last hour of VG, 52 hours before the banner itself, and then the next day is the update, the finally the banner.... tho we can see maybe this month it's not the case.

7 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Usually, when it comes to early month banner, trailer is at last hour of VG, 52 hours before the banner itself, and then the next day is the update, the finally the banner.... tho we can see maybe this month it's not the case.

In the summoning thread, I think someone mentioned that the video was accidentally leaked early and a Reddit user found it.

Found the quote:

20 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

The trailer actually was posted publicly by accident LOL. Someone on reddit caught the slip up, but they have since made the video unlisted. We should get the notification tonight, as well as info if we are getting a GHB.

Edited by XRay

I just finished putting together an offensive AR team of Griel Mercenaries: Cav Division (Valentine's Titania, Valentine's Soren, Valentine's Mist, Halloween Rolf, and original Oscar) and the first map I use them on plays The Devoted as the background music! Man, that was so cool and stirring! Pulled out a victory on that one, too. =D

Sitting at 50 orbs with quite a few more I can grab at any time since I haven't claimed my mailbox in days and I have tons of monthly quest orbs. I wish I could feel better about it though. I wish the Lyn banner wasn't in less than two weeks so I could build my stock more. Doesn't help that some great units from one of my most beloved FE8 games is coming in a day and I won't be able to resist at least spending a couple of orbs towards them.

Well, I almost had enough grails to get the 9 copies of Rinea I needed to +10 her (though I only had enough feathers to advance 2 of them to 5*.) Now I have 5 4* Rinea manuals in the wings and my Rinea is at +3. The next Rinea copy will cost 450 grails. I have 442 after the spending spree. So, I should be able to get another one relatively soon. It'll be getting the last one that'll be a wait. But then it'll just be feathers until I have my +10 5* Dancing Rinea! (Some feathers will have to go to Boey, too, since he's sitting on +9 and just needs another copy of himself to show up.)

Looking over new "normal" versions of units added so far over the current and previous years:

• 2018: Micaiah, Sothe, Zelgius, Oliver, L'Arachel, Myrrh, Marisa, Lyon, Morgan M, Morgan F, Gerome, Leif, Nanna, Shigure, Kana F, Kana M, Kaze, Lene, Ares, Ishtar, Julius, Karla, Legault, Canas, Linus, Sumia, Libra, Maribelle, Walhart, Silvia, Quan, Lewyn, Ethlin, Jamke, Flora, Ophilia, Silas, Nina, Garon, Laevatein, Laegjarn, Helbindi, OwainKliff, Loki, Ylgr, Surtr, Gharnef, Hrid, Eir
  • 2019: Tibarn, Nailah, Reyson, Leanne, Naesala, Duma, Keaton, Selkie, Kaden, Velouria, Panne, Idunn, Thea, Lugh, Sue, Rutger, Yune, Lethe, Mordecai, Ranulf, Caineghis, Haar, Naga, Nah, Kjelle, Yarne, Brady, Cynthia, Byleth F, Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude, Kronya, Byleth M, Sothis, Hubert, Petra, Hilda, Mercedes, Death Knight, Sigrun, Phina, Sirius, Nagi, Norne, Bantu, Astram, Thrasir, Forsyth, Python, Silque, Valbar, Conrad, Ewan, Gerik, Tethys, Ross, Cormag

That's 50 for 2018 and 58 for 2019, and 2019 isn't even over yet. The difference becomes even more striking if you discount variants or OCs, as 2018 has 4 variants and 8 OCs while 2019 has 2 variants and 1 OC.

2019 has 12 New Heroes banners so far (with Farfetched Heroes most likely on the way as a 13th), while 2018 had a total of 16 New Heroes banners, but 2019 has been packing so many more new units into its banners - all featuring at least 5 new characters, while in 2018 that number was usually 3 or 4. 2018 also had a third all-alts New Heroes banner (Adrift) compared to just two in 2019 (Fallen and CYL), plus two small OC banners. Considering all of that, only 11 of the New Heroes banners in 2018 focused on normal versions of main series units (10 game-based banners and Farfetched), which is the same number as what 2019 should have once Farfetched shows up. Mythic Heroes also contribute to 2019's numbers.

This ignores units available only as alts, which 2019 also has a lot more of. 2018 had Hardin, Noire, Veronica, and Mikoto for a total of 4, while 2019 has Greil, Bruno, Mareeta, Tanith, Pent, Louise, Wolt, Fiora, Rinea, Ilyana, Dozla, and Rolf for a total of 12, with the potential for more on later banners.

Point is, I don't think there's a need to worry about new characters getting choked out of room by a couple of recent unnecessary alts and the new seasonal banners.

32 minutes ago, Othin said:

Point is, I don't think there's a need to worry about new characters getting choked out of room by a couple of recent unnecessary alts and the new seasonal banners.

It helps that every single new character banner this year has been a godforsaken 4-character banner and the addition of beasts and release of Three Houses reduced the number of banners eligible for adding alts.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It helps that every single new character banner this year has been a godforsaken 4-character banner and the addition of beasts and release of Three Houses reduced the number of banners eligible for adding alts.

Hmm, that's an interesting way of looking at it.

It seems that the new standard for regular New Heroes banners is 4 banner units, 1 GHB, and 1 regular pool unit. Wonder what Farfetched will be like - maybe 4 banner and 1 TT like CYL3?

It does mean I tend to avoid the New Heroes banners themselves, personally. So inefficient.

This reminds me, this upcoming event calendar is worth keeping an eye out for. I'm curious what the beginning of December will look like.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

It seems that the new standard for regular New Heroes banners is 4 banner units, 1 GHB, and 1 regular pool unit. Wonder what Farfetched will be like - maybe 4 banner and 1 TT like CYL3?

Hm... the 2 previous Farfetched banners were a 3 heroes banner, with 1 GHB/TT unit... but we didn't have a New Heroes banner with 3 Heroes this year, not even a Seasonal banner like that (or at least one that I remember)... So your prediction may be right.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he get a GHB with Farfetched, like last year, because we may have 2 TTs in December (Christmas TT and New Year TT). A TT would be better, because it's more orbs than a Forging Bonds event. Something cool would be give us a Hall of Forms with the new heroes, but I don't see it happening.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

53 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I hope. we can have some new hero banners (or seasonals) with 3 heroes. just makes it a tiny bit easier to nab what you want. 4 heroes are so taxing. esp. if you want red with them basically never gonna appear on a legendary.

Regular pool characters almost always show up on 3 character banners eventually, that's when I go for them. 

Sort of following on from the bloated banners thing, Duo Heroes being effectively seasonal units kind of bothers me because that's just going to bloat that pool and reduce chances of previous stuff appearing again in their limited banners. Especially since I'm kind of expecting them to put one on most/every banner for a couple of months until there's something of a supply of them.