"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

My want of playing this game almost actualized into me playing it. I DL'ed the game, and with three taps of a finger, I could start playing this. But I have a question first, which may, if not right now, eventually lead me to start playing. (I had posted this question in a different topic, but for it went unanswered there quite understandably, I'm reposting it here.)

I've heard about this Senran Kagura injuries-stripping-clothes element, and it's nudging me against playing the game. Will turning animations off- if they can be turned off- allow me to skip this voyeuristic element? Or will I have to just put up with not having way to work around it, barring not using certain units?

I don't mean to obsess over the superficial, and I grin and bear with overly sexualized outfits in other games. But still, for this simplified FtP FE, I wish to know.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My want of playing this game almost actualized into me playing it. I DL'ed the game, and with three taps of a finger, I could start playing this. But I have a question first, which may, if not right now, eventually lead me to start playing. (I had posted this question in a different topic, but for it went unanswered there quite understandably, I'm reposting it here.)

I've heard about this Senran Kagura injuries-stripping-clothes element, and it's nudging me against playing the game. Will turning  off- if they can be turned off- allow me to skip this voyeuristic element? Or will I have to just put up with not having way to work around it, barring not using certain units?

I don't mean to obsess over the superficial, and I grin and bear with overly sexualized outfits in other games. But still, for this simplified FtP FE, I wish to know.

Yes, turning off animations will make the characters bump into each other in combat. Just like in other Fire Emblem game with the animations turned off. But you can still see the artwork in the character viewer.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've heard about this Senran Kagura injuries-stripping-clothes element, and it's nudging me against playing the game. Will turning animations off- if they can be turned off- allow me to skip this voyeuristic element? Or will I have to just put up with not having way to work around it, barring not using certain units?

If you take advantage of the weapon triangle, the character with the stronger color will always strip the character with the weaker color butt-naked like the Raider weapons and Sophie in Fates. You can easily confirm that Cordelia's secret is indeed true.

I think you are over blowing the strip-clothing element. Just take BB!Cordelia for example:

Normal Portrait:

Spoiler

Full_Portrait_Cordelia_(Bridal_Blessings

Injured Portrait:

Spoiler

Full_Injured_Cordelia_(Bridal_Blessings)

The clothing is damaged, but definitely not stripped like in Senran Kagura. Much of her wedding dress still covers her body. If a character is not butt-naked to begin with, then their damage portrait is unlikely to be butt naked either.

Question for people who are playing the Japanese version and have Seth: does he say anything about using a sword instead of a lance? Checked his gamepedia quotes page since I haven't used him despite having him -- Tempest Trials slogging -- and the only time he says anything about his weapon of choice is if you have him learn or inherit a skill: "You'll see my gratitude in each and every swing of my sword."

Edited by Kaden

3 hours ago, XRay said:

If you take advantage of the weapon triangle, the character with the stronger color will always strip the character with the weaker color butt-naked like the Raider weapons and Sophie in Fates. You can easily confirm that Cordelia's secret is indeed true.

I think you are over blowing the strip-clothing element. Just take BB!Cordelia for example:

Normal Portrait:

Hide contents

Full_Portrait_Cordelia_(Bridal_Blessings

Injured Portrait:

Hide contents

Full_Injured_Cordelia_(Bridal_Blessings)

The clothing is damaged, but definitely not stripped like in Senran Kagura. Much of her wedding dress still covers her body. If a character is not butt-naked to begin with, then their damage portrait is unlikely to be butt naked either.

Also the clothing is on screen for all of a second, so it's not that noticable unless you actually look at it in the unit screen. The damaged portrait focuses on the head in the little upper part of the screen otherwise.

Couple questions here:

1. *3 Eliwood I'll eventually build up. Which one: +ATK/-HP or +SPD/-DEF?

2. What should I do with a +DEF/-HP Ike? I originally was going to give him Heavy Blade/QR which I still want to do but his HP is lower which means he'll exit QR range quicker and his STR is neutral which means against more than a few enemies his Heavy Blade will be useless. Anyone over 50 ATK to be exact unless he's buffed. On the other hand a Fury/Vantage build just makes him Xander with less DEF and MOV. I already have Ogma/Athena/B!Caeda/Sophia all running SB so I really don't need him for that either. Renewal is always a thing but I don't have that or Threaten ATK. I could always just give him the HP seal to patch up the bane but that still leaves the question of building a +DEF Ike.

3. I've gotten to a point where I'm really starting to feel the lack of green units. My blues and reds are steadily growing but I still only have 4 greens (only 3 are usable) 2 of which are promoted. Squad and Arena assault make me feel this more than anything else and I'm dangerously close to using my next 20k Feathers to promote someone. Unless Valter is just too pwnzorz to ignore or a TT comes up and I lack a Bonus unit that isn't *5 I'll likely be promoting a green to help round things out. Who though? Here are some choices.

1. Anna - Solid unit, fun, fast, most appealing to me out of the trio AND Arena bonus unit!
  2. Legion - Strongest green unit unpromoted in my barracks, likely a beast and requires little SI.
  3. Frederick (+ATK/-HP) - He'll replace my +HP/-ATK Fred and I'll be left with a +2 *5 Green, but it doesn't add to my list of greens and he'll need a lot of SI to be worth something.
  4. Boey (+DEF/-ATK or +SPD/-DEF) - He's a green mage and I suppose a candidate for Raven+, but none of his natures feel right.
  5. Cecillia (Neutral) - A peice of Cavalry Emblem and built in Raven unit. She'll be nigh useless outside of Cav teams though.
  6. F!Robin - Bland, but a potential raven user and currently a niche vs Cavs.
Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Couple questions here:

1. *3 Eliwood I'll eventually build up. Which one: +ATK/-HP or +SPD/-DEF?

2. What should I do with a +DEF/-HP Ike? I originally was going to give him Heavy Blade/QR which I still want to do but his HP is lower which means he'll exit QR range quicker and his STR is neutral which means against more than a few enemies his Heavy Blade will be useless. Anyone over 50 ATK to be exact unless he's buffed. On the other hand a Fury/Vantage build just makes him Xander with less DEF and MOV. I already have Ogma/Athena/B!Caeda/Sophia all running SB so I really don't need him for that either. Renewal is always a thing but I don't have that or Threaten ATK. I could always just give him the HP seal to patch up the bane but that still leaves the question of building a +DEF Ike.

I would go with [+Atk, -HP] for slightly more kills. If you are giving him Triangle Adept, [+Atk, -HP] is still better.

Durandal, Moonbow
Life and Death, Swordbreaker
Player Phase [+Atk, -HP] 133:20:10
Player Phase [+Spd, -Def] 132:19:12

Durandal, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Swordbreaker
(No Blues)
Player Phase [+Atk, -HP] 98:1:21
Player Phase [+Spd, -Def] 97:1:22

For Ike, if you do not want to invest in him too much, just give him Quick Riposte. It is easier to use than Vantage in my opinion and Quick Riposte kills more in the first round of combat. I normally do not use Enemy Phase units more once or twice per Arena battles since their main job is not to go on a rampage, but they are there to take out threats that my nukes cannot handle.

12 hours ago, Zeo said:

3. I've gotten to a point where I'm really starting to feel the lack of green units. My blues and reds are steadily growing but I still only have 4 greens (only 3 are usable) 2 of which are promoted. Squad and Arena assault make me feel this more than anything else and I'm dangerously close to using my next 20k Feathers to promote someone. Unless Valter is just too pwnzorz to ignore or a TT comes up and I lack a Bonus unit that isn't *5 I'll likely be promoting a green to help round things out. Who though? Here are some choices.

1. Anna - Solid unit, fun, fast, most appealing to me out of the trio AND Arena bonus unit!
  2. Legion - Strongest green unit unpromoted in my barracks, likely a beast and requires little SI.
  3. Frederick (+ATK/-HP) - He'll replace my +HP/-ATK Fred and I'll be left with a +2 *5 Green, but it doesn't add to my list of greens and he'll need a lot of SI to be worth something.
  4. Boey (+DEF/-ATK or +SPD/-DEF) - He's a green mage and I suppose a candidate for Raven+, but none of his natures feel right.
  5. Cecillia (Neutral) - A peice of Cavalry Emblem and built in Raven unit. She'll be nigh useless outside of Cav teams though.
  6. F!Robin - Bland, but a potential raven user and currently a niche vs Cavs.

Since XRay answered the other two, I'll restrict myself to this one.

1. Anna is a decent unit, but she's not amazing. Her being a bonus unit is a good reason to promote her though, and she can counter Reinhardt decently (She can tank a hit from him pretty well, and KO on the next turn) so she's a solid choice.

2. Legion is a beast. He has one of the best offensive spreads for greens in the enitre game, making him a great user of a Brave Axe, and still a heavy hitter without any SI. With Fury he can tank one round from most Reinhardts, but it will leave him dangerously low on health.

3. Freddy isn't bad, but Legion beats him in offence outside of horse emblem, and Cecilia is generally better inside horse emblem. More merges could be cool to improve your arena score though.

4. I don't really like Boey as a unit to be honest. He has good physical bulk, which screams for a -Raven tome build, but those have been nerfed lately and it would require another 20K investment. His offense is pretty lackluster, he's not great at tanking magical hits either.

5. Cecilia is a pretty great counter against Reinhardt and she does well enough against other blue mages. Outside of horse emblem she's more a unit that counters some annoying stuff then a powerhouse, but countering the most annoying unit in the game is still pretty good right?

6. F!Robin is similar to Boey, but less specialized. If you want to counter magic units, Cecilia is better, and if you want to counter archers, Boey is better.

In short, if you just want another Reinhardt counter for Arena Assault, Cecilia is your best choice, as she's very reliable at doing her job.

If you want a more all round good green unit, go either Anna or Legion. Legion is generally better in battle, but Anna being a bonus unit and being required for several quests might make her the prefered choice.

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

2. Legion is a beast. He has one of the best offensive spreads for greens in the enitre game, making him a great user of a Brave Axe, and still a heavy hitter without any SI. With Fury he can tank one round from most Reinhardts, but it will leave him dangerously low on health.

So what is the thing about Legion versus Raven?

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

So what is the thing about Legion versus Raven?

Legion is better if they're both neutral, Raven is better if he's +Atk-(not Spd) or possibly +Spd (not sure, would have to check).

If Legion wasn't forced into being neutral, he'd just be straight up better (36/35 vs 34/35).

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Legion is better if they're both neutral, Raven is better if he's +Atk-(not Spd) or possibly +Spd (not sure, would have to check).

If Legion wasn't forced into being neutral, he'd just be straight up better (36/35 vs 34/35).

Of course, since Raven has a Brave Axe anyway, Legion's as good a choice as any...

11 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Since XRay answered the other two, I'll restrict myself to this one.

1. Anna is a decent unit, but she's not amazing. Her being a bonus unit is a good reason to promote her though, and she can counter Reinhardt decently (She can tank a hit from him pretty well, and KO on the next turn) so she's a solid choice.

3. Freddy isn't bad, but Legion beats him in offence outside of horse emblem, and Cecilia is generally better inside horse emblem. More merges could be cool to improve your arena score though.

4. I don't really like Boey as a unit to be honest. He has good physical bulk, which screams for a -Raven tome build, but those have been nerfed lately and it would require another 20K investment. His offense is pretty lackluster, he's not great at tanking magical hits either.

5. Cecilia is a pretty great counter against Reinhardt and she does well enough against other blue mages. Outside of horse emblem she's more a unit that counters some annoying stuff then a powerhouse, but countering the most annoying unit in the game is still pretty good right?

6. F!Robin is similar to Boey, but less specialized. If you want to counter magic units, Cecilia is better, and if you want to counter archers, Boey is better.

In short, if you just want another Reinhardt counter for Arena Assault, Cecilia is your best choice, as she's very reliable at doing her job.

If you want a more all round good green unit, go either Anna or Legion. Legion is generally better in battle, but Anna being a bonus unit and being required for several quests might make her the prefered choice.

Hm. F!Robin and Boey are definitely out. Frederick is likely going to be promoted just because merges so he'll be a little better, but he's definitely on the backburner. Like after Valter and likely M!Robin backburner.

I will promote Cecillia just because she's the best choice for Cav Emblem but I'm going to put that back 40k or 60k feathers I think. Gonna go Anna or Legion. I prefer Legion but I'm leaning towards Anna.

@Zeo i think either Anna or Cecilia is the way to go. Personally, I went Anna since all my axe users in my main are -Spd (rip Minerva, Raven, Camilla) so i needed a speedy Reinhardt check and she does fine. Also gave her Reciprocal aid to heal the team and activate Noatun's Escape Route effect and Desperation, so she'a been super fun to play with and i don't have to worry about lacking a bonus unit.

Cecilia has been really good since i lacked a green in my cavalry and was super weak to mages. Still 4 star though but does her job with Gronnblade (actually not sure if i should promote her then)

i have a few questions as well since i need some second opinions/advice:

1. Like Zeo i feel i should promote a Green unit. I have either +Atk -Def Cecilia who rounds out my cavalry well or a Nino (either +atk/-res or +atk/-HP). Which should i promote?

2. Speaking of Nino- which do i use? Res bane already has skills learned like Desperation, while -HP was pulled yesterday, i guess if i add HP+3 seal she's technically bulkier/can survive initial reinhardt strike better? If i'm not promoting i will at least merge but not sure who the better base combo is (should i wait for a +Spd to promote?)

3. I'm trying to fix a +Spd/-Atk Ike. I'm guessing heavy blade is out of the question for the A skill (unless he has specifica specials that he relies on?).

would Life and Death or Fury be better? He's better at player phase with LaD but not sure if it's worth losing the 'bulk' provided by his high speed. Fury might be another idea but and make him a better enemy phase unit.

if i go with Fury i'm thinking either Vantage or QR, i'm guessing QR is better to make up for lack of attack? Which  B skill is more annoying to phase for defense teams? (Already have QR Xander and Camus, would Vantage provide more variety?)

53 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

i have a few questions as well since i need some second opinions/advice:

1. Like Zeo i feel i should promote a Green unit. I have either +Atk -Def Cecilia who rounds out my cavalry well or a Nino (either +atk/-res or +atk/-HP). Which should i promote?

2. Speaking of Nino- which do i use? Res bane already has skills learned like Desperation, while -HP was pulled yesterday, i guess if i add HP+3 seal she's technically bulkier/can survive initial reinhardt strike better? If i'm not promoting i will at least merge but not sure who the better base combo is (should i wait for a +Spd to promote?)

3. I'm trying to fix a +Spd/-Atk Ike. I'm guessing heavy blade is out of the question for the A skill (unless he has specifica specials that he relies on?).

would Life and Death or Fury be better? He's better at player phase with LaD but not sure if it's worth losing the 'bulk' provided by his high speed. Fury might be another idea but and make him a better enemy phase unit.

if i go with Fury i'm thinking either Vantage or QR, i'm guessing QR is better to make up for lack of attack? Which  B skill is more annoying to phase for defense teams? (Already have QR Xander and Camus, would Vantage provide more variety?)

1/2: If you're interested in having Nino survive Reinhardt, neither -Res nor -HP Nino will get the job done 100% of the time. Neutral Res/HP Nino with Fury and a +4 Res buff dies exactly to +Atk QP/Moonbow Reinhardt with DB and Hone Cavalry, for reference (i.e. she needs both neutral HP/Res and the HP+3 seal to live). If that's a sticking point for you, looks to me like Cecilia's your pick. It's not like Nino is a relatively uncommon pull, being a 3/4*, so there's no real harm in waiting for a better version.

As far as +Atk Nino vs +Spd Nino...I switched from +Atk to +Spd a while ago and haven't looked back. +Atk is quite usable, but +Spd is better for Desperation-2HKOs, and can still net a lot of relevant one-shots (ex. Effie) with the right buff setup.

3: My first instinct is to say Fury and either QR or his natural Swordbreaker. Vantage is usually for OHKOing before the enemy gets a chance to hit you, which I can't imagine -Atk Ike is doing a whole lot of outside of low-def green mages. That said, I'm no Ike expert, you'll probably want a 2nd opinion.

53 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

...all my axe users in my main are -Spd (rip Minerva...

Total side note, -Spd Minerva is similar to Michalis, stat-wise, so she's still pretty good even with that bane.

@Bartozio @mcsilas Yeah, thanks you guys. I'm 90% sure it's going to be Anna. She's sitting at *3 so I'm going to promote her to *4 and start prepping her for Promotion.

I left out three other units that are green in my barracks. +ATK/-RES Camilla, +DEF/-HP Beruka and Michalis. I just had... no interest in any of these 3 because I have a *5 +ATK/-RES DB3 Cherche with Brave Axe that pretty much outclasses all 3 of these units. 

@LordFrigid Ah thanks for the opinions! I have a lot of units I want to train now for double SP but only have so much stamina so I think I'll leave Cecilia later since she's still pretty serviceable at 4 star with Gronnblade. I think I might just put Alphonse up to 5 star for now just so I can get better ranks since I have no other bonus unit besides a 4 star Wrys/Eliwood. Good to keep in mind though!

Yeah Minerva isn't too bad at least, and the +Atk she has is nice. Just haven't invested in her as much though, although I suppose having Life and Death helps. I might give her Threaten Speed sometime when I SP train her if I use her for non-flier quests.

As for Ike I gave him Vantage from the many Lon'qus anyway since I needed barracks space but I'll go with QR once I train a Subaki up. Maybe Vantage will be useful for a GHB or BHB later on at least. Swordbreaker also works, since if I give him a speed boost I don't think he loses to anything on player phase. I'm guessing Luna's the way to go for specials to activate burst damage asap?

Thanks for the answers!

Cordelia benefits more from L&D or could Deathblow work fine on her?

I've pulled an extra 5* Hawkeye (yay, free pull!) and she's the only unit I have (that already don't have DB) that I imagine would make use of it.

I can also wait on it and see if I pull anyone that needs DB.

All right, so I've got some feathers lying around for a promotion, and I think blue looks like one of my weaker colours, as good a time as any to raise a Camus.

Any recommendations for skills to make him not terrible?

20 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

All right, so I've got some feathers lying around for a promotion, and I think blue looks like one of my weaker colours, as good a time as any to raise a Camus.

Fury 3 / Vantage 3 / Hone or Fortify Cavalry / positional assist / Bonfire is a pretty generic set, but it works well.

I was seriously thinking about promoting Cordelia until realize that I have 7 spare Cordelia. Would it be better to promote her to a 5* unit or merge her?

My current best 4* Cordelia has +ATK,-HP

5 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

He could never be terrible!

Ahem, as Vax said, Fury+Vantage works really well on him, and it's also what I've been using. If you don't plan to use him in horse emblem, you could run QR instead of Vantage to let him double swordies on enemy phase.

Alright , you've guys have helped me with my horse emblem team , you've helped me with my flier team , and now I come seeking advice on how to build ..... armor emblem! 

I thibk think I have everyone but hector , so I can't let it revolve around distant counter . But will revolve around march . Anyone got ideas on what C skill and move skill each unit should have ? 

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Bartozio @mcsilas

[...]

I left out three other units that are green in my barracks. +ATK/-RES Camilla, +DEF/-HP Beruka and Michalis. I just had... no interest in any of these 3 because I have a *5 +ATK/-RES DB3 Cherche with Brave Axe that pretty much outclasses all 3 of these units. 

Cherche is a great player phase unit, but Beruka (+DEF !) and Michalis are good enemy phase units and you can use them quite differently. With QR and bonfire melee enemies will kill themselves attacking them ...

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I was seriously thinking about promoting Cordelia until realize that I have 7 spare Cordelia. Would it be better to promote her to a 5* unit or merge her?

My current best 4* Cordelia has +ATK,-HP

If you want to give her firesweep lance, you can merge those 4*, because you will not need her 5* weapon (+SPD would be better with firesweep though). Main drawback would be the lost opportunity to use galeforce... 

You also could promote one bad copy to 5* and merge her into the 4* +5 Cordelia. In that way you would have a 4* +6 Cordelia with 5* skills (TA3/galeforce) and weapon. 

By the way: what happens if you want to merge a 4* +10 unit and another 4* or 5*, to give that +10 unit a better nature. Is that possible? 

Edited by mampfoid
Three exclamation marks ...