Also I left to go and eat
Then something came up
Then my favorite show came on
Then it was late
So I went to sleep
And now I have wallposts to read :DDDDDDDD

I read through Weapons and read back Refa's content so yeah

17 hours ago, Refa said:

Arcanite's vote is a static read that cannot evolve due to how it was formed, which is scummy to me.

Well frick you too then

I read back what some things you said and I'd say everything was legitimate.... I just want my reads to be right for once
You're not exactly off my radar... I think I'll just wait for stronger evidence that you're scum since I don't want to look like I'm doing nothing. Also I should say too, you misreading wasnt the only thing I felt making you scum, I know you explained it before but you chose to keep your vote on me after openly admitting it was a weak case, and your reasons for that just didn't make sense to me 
I dont want to make it seem like I'm tunneling again so right now I'm in a spot where "hmmmm I need to look at other cases that are actually good/better" (I'd argue that my case on Refa is better than the current prims wagon but I digress)

@Walrein You are getting what you are looking for now
(My thoughts on Refa above)

Thoughts on everyone before this post:

16 hours ago, Rapier said:

I'm literally too tired to do anything today. Bummer. *why did I sign up*

What I can do is say that my role revealed to me that there are 9 townies alive at the start of the game.

Because there is too much stuff to read through it's way too early in the morning
So I'll have to re-re-read
I hate missing stuff :/

Thoughts on Rapier
He shouldnt be in the game
Im also kind of sad he came in cause I was betting he would come in on day 2

I dont know if Scrapier (Scum rapier) plays differently but he could just be using his classic "Not play for basically the whole game" to disguise it

Thoughts on Walrein
He came in on page 5 so it's kinda just like nyeeeehhhhhhhhh
I need to see more in order to say more, at the very least they said more than Omega did 
You never answered their question though

Thoughts on Omega
Cant really say much besides

19 hours ago, Omega. said:

You didn't get my message in scumchat?

I don't know to me this looks preeeeetty scummy!
Since im only posting based on everything before that Rapier post, I've yet to see too much... their post here  was OKAY but it's not good enough
Hopefully when I reread the madness after Rapier's post there will be more things to contemplate

Thoughts on BBM
BBM looks good to me. They've defended themselves quite well, especially against Eury. The misread thing is annoying but at this point it's kinda like ehhhhhhh because BBM's content isn't really scummish. I don't know if there's still a case on him but he doesn't feel worth lynching.

Thoughts on Shinori
I felt his content was good. His questioning may have seemed "aggressive" but I also think that was to get the game going. I can potentially see it as like, making aggressive posts/content to not appear scum. Your interaction with BBM put you in a good spot Im still hoping you're scum in the back of my mind

Thoughts on Prims
I think the case on you is kinda dumb, but I guess it could also be to make sure you talk when you come back
I know by now you've definitely had something to say so you better have some darn good content

Thoughts on Weapons
Good enough content I guess, though Refa made a good point about him calling himself waffly. Why would you undermine yourself lol I guess they're exploring a new meta where they explain their thought process but it's weird. Also he mentioned once that he's quoting from memory which seems that they aren't putting too much effort into their content, like they're just skating by and briefly reading through a few things
I know there is more to read for you too so

Thoughts on Bard
This post is weird to me. Bard implied that he wasn't going to comment on the Refa case which means if we didn't ask for it, he would not have even said anything about it. I kinda just feel like saying "Hey it's up to you guys to prove it, not me" doesn't necessarily mean we can't like, yknow
get thoughts on it
lol
He makes it seem like as long as it isn't his read then it's not his problem... which doesn't make sense. Aren't we supposed to be commenting on the things seen/going on in the thread? It's like he's trying to skate by on ignoring a point of contention in the thread while directing attention to Shinori
Also im not sure if what he says about the prims case is about prims himself or about the people voting prims

Thoughts on Eurykins
I was impressed by the effort to make such long posts, so there's that
I think it can be seen as making a mask as scum by posting good content, but eh. Nothing said so far has been that scummy at least to me
BUT there's more to read through for you since new wall posts have developed so yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more reading!!!!
@Eurykins Is there any way you can make your posts less painful to read?

Thoughts on Props
I think at this point there isn't much a case on them and there is more to read
They're laying low but I'm unsure if that's just due to irl things or whatever

Thoughts on the person who just subbed out
Well that sucks

Thoughts on myself
Does my profile pic make me look crazy? 

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Cause I always make this mistake of writing someone off as town based on activity. I’ve been suspicious of Prims and Bard (who I’d consider switching to if there was a bigger wagon, or at least think more about lynch priority). I don’t think the arguments for Eury are very strong, and there’s around six players who I get distinct town vibes from. I think BBM might be third based on rolespec alone, but not really pursuing atm.

Who are those town reads and to what degree do you read them town? Are some more town than others?

##Vote: Snike

Oh yeah and the prims wagon
Kinda pointless to say my thoughts on that before since it seems prims has posted now so I'll just make an updated post on what I think of them

Also first post on page 12 YEE

Just now, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Why didn’t you say anything about it at first? What do you think of Prims acknowledging BBM’s defense for why that’s not scummy?

I haven't had the time/energy to make a huge post recently, just responses and inquiries.  If you want to know where I stand on things before I make such a post, you'll have to ask me.  I uh...didn't read Prims' responses lol.  Don't really get BBM's defense though.  This doesn't read like town changing their mind to me.  You said the vote was reasonable, then later on you said you looked back and got scum vibes which seems inauthentic to me; your read is flipping but I'm not seeing the thought process there.  Do you still think Prims' vote on you was reasonable?  What parts of his posts gave you scum vibes?

I actually think Prims comes out of this looking kind of bad too, though.  If he agrees w/BBM's defense, why is he still voting Weapons?  Self deprecation is not stronger than what Prims has on Eury/Fenrir IMO.

So uh given (I think) like half of my posts last night were on Eury and specifically why I voted her that's disingenuous Refa. Yeah I am supplying reads but given I subbed in is that not what I'm supposed to do? But again I did case Eury.

On arcanite and bard: they're the other members (Eury being the first) of what I'm going to call the misread lynch posse in that they're going after people (BBM) for having BBM-level reading skills. Bard is worse for this in that he implies in I think the page 6 post that BBM is intentionally misreading and so that case feels dumb at best. It's not a strong or even reasonable way to build a case and, in Arcanite's case, I don't feel like they have done much else aside from flip flop on Prims. 

Cut by next page.

2 minutes ago, Snike said:

So uh given (I think) like half of my posts last night were on Eury and specifically why I voted her that's disingenuous Refa. Yeah I am supplying reads but given I subbed in is that not what I'm supposed to do? But again I did case Eury.

On arcanite and bard: they're the other members (Eury being the first) of what I'm going to call the misread lynch posse in that they're going after people (BBM) for having BBM-level reading skills. Bard is worse for this in that he implies in I think the page 6 post that BBM is intentionally misreading and so that case feels dumb at best. It's not a strong or even reasonable way to build a case and, in Arcanite's case, I don't feel like they have done much else aside from flip flop on Prims. 

Cut by next page.

I don't have an issue with you supplying reads but it doesn't feel like there's enough backing to them.  Did I miss a post of yours (entirely possible) because I don't remember you casing Eury.

I don't agree w/Bard either, but why does his case have scum intent?  Even ignoring Arcanite's recent post, this feels like a misrep of their past actions?  They spent a while tunneling on me, and I remember some decent reads on BBM and uh...Shinori?  Maybe I don't remember, but there was another person in there.

20 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Who are those town reads and to what degree do you read them town? Are some more town than others?

##Vote: Snike

Me, Shinori, Eury, Arcanite, PK, Rapier. Actually I find Snike to be pretty town too, and BBM, and maybe you. I could go town even on Walrein, but they haven’t posted in a while. That leaves Refa/Prims/Bard, which makes a lot of sense to me. I’m inclined to think it’s 9/3/1 over 9/4 cause balance and then I’d read 3rd as town. Scum team caught day 1? Probably not but that’s just how I feel

I don't think I did a complete bit by bit casing on Eury but there was the example of word choice my going at the start of page 4 on your section and the whole tone shift thing I touched on briefly in my 230 post.  The second half of her page 7 post that I linked specifically is also suspect since the denial of the defend reads as over the top and I wish I had laptop acces rn to try and break that down but seriously. There's ??? As in i don't know where that came from, ex omega talking to weapons then votehopping again and then there's "(insertquestionhere)???" Which implies some sort of emotion and is what eury has in that bit. Why would she get riled up over that? 

Aside: I don't know if casing eury wall by wall would be the best way to go about it since (As I think it was Prims who said this) a good deal of her content is theory, so any attempt to go all in would devolve into a theory argument and not really do anything except waste data and space on a webpage. This applies townside or scumside.

You might have a point on Arcanite in that they have done more but I don't think that the other stuff was memorable to me. I'm not trying to misrep them so I should've clarified that that's what I think.

Cutting here because dog beckons.

Let's talk Bard. I don't see it as a matter of scumintent so much as does that read like town thinking that they've caught someone? It's possible but I don't think so.

Prims on the other hand I think in the page 8 post does read as that, and that combined with I don't agree with the cases stemming from that return in content leads to my townread.

idt arcanite has ever scumread me for misreading. his stance has been that it makes him wary and that's in the back of his mind but it's not the main thing he's using to judge my alignment, which I think is a fair way of going about it.

main problem with arcanite right now is that I don't really know who he thinks is scum. his vote's on Refa but it seems from his words that that's dying down. also he talks about prims needing to come back and give darned good content which kind of seems like he didn't see Prims's content over the past few pages?

dunno i'm like slightly leaning town on Weapons. suspicious parts about him imo are just his general tone while playing; basically the secondary parts of Prims and Refa's cases about self-consciousness. but I don't think the change on Prims is a sign of him being inauthentic. my reason for the slight townread is wifomy but I don't really see the benefit for scum!Weapons in wagoning onto Prims in that context. Refa was voting Weapons and also criticizing the Prims wagon and Weapons' response to that was to... sheep onto the Prims wagon? just feels like a very odd time to do it when the backlash against the wagon had already started, which makes me think he legit thought prims was scummy.

sheeping refa's read on omega. general tone and proactiveness are good but he just says stuff with a lot of conviction and no real evidence like "one of prims/arcanite is scum" and "one of prims/weapons" is scum, which is weird. not really sure what to do about it.

are we doing DAY 1 SCUMTEAM GUESSES mine is eury/bard/walrein with omega ITP

i don't actually have a problem with what walrein posted but his posting patterns 2/3rds of the way into D1 have followed his patterns from last game pretty closely. rapier wild card

1 hour ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Rapier I just don’t see rolling in nine pages late to cc an information role, but WIFOM of course.

tbh i doubt rapier even read that I also claimed to be an informed role.

Why Walrein?  I thought his posts had a lot more analysis than the last game, so he was one of my townreads (even disregarding meta, I didn't have any issues).

Also can you explain your Bard case?  I remember reading it and being like "this seems fine from BBM's PoV" but don't remember much else about it.

bard is using basically the same arguments as eury for pushing me. He just isn't committing to them as much, though I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or bad thing. his bit about how I'm using my reputation for having bad misreading skills as a defence is dumb bc I'm not doing that. I don't like his case on me and I think his case on arcanite is willfully ignorant bc I told him "yeah ofc arcanite is skittish he's playing like his second game" and his response was to say that he doesn't know meta and is only going to focus on this game. not knowing meta and therefore not taking it into account is one thing, being told about a player's experience level and ignoring it is a totally different thing. experience =/= meta anyways. 

he's also talked a lot more about me than Shinori so I'm not really sure why his vote is there.

also I didn't really realize this until someone (snike?) pointed it out recently bc a lot of his content was centered around me, but his last couple posts were kind of filler-y and didn't really try to engage with the thread. I think his first big post entry post was mostly not that scummy even if I didn't agree with the cases and I disliked how he talked about you. but this post is basically just a big post talking about why he's not giving content. this post doubles down on bad opinions (imo) and is essentially only a direct response to my posts talking to him, and not anything else that happened, including all my other posts not responding to him, and posts by another of his main scumreads, arcanite.

dunno he did say he's busy so maybe when he comes into the thread next time he'll give more opinions on more people, and update his suspicions and stuff. part of my suspicion is also that I think he's been town in all his previous games on SF and he was a lot more obvtown and got killed N1 in most of them. this just doesn't seem up to that standard.

1 minute ago, BBM said:

this post doubles down on bad opinions (imo) and is essentially only a direct response to my posts talking to him, and not anything else that happened, including all my other posts not responding to him, and posts by another of his main scumreads, arcanite.

whoops missed a link. talking about this post

walrein is really just null. i don't have a lot of scumreads atm and in my experience someone whom you don't have any kind of read on always ends up being scum so i picked him over rapier for the last spot because his posting pattern so far (a string of posts near the start of the day followed by nothing) is similar to last game. but others like prims, shinori, and arcanite could also be scum in that last spot.

where did anyone even get that you were using your "bbm level reading" reputation as a scum cover that such a dumb thing to accuse you of and the way bard does it feels like scum hinging on eury's argument, piggy backing off of her and trying to make it sound like a unique reason to be suspicious of you

On 3/5/2018 at 3:00 AM, BBM said:

people misread posts all the time; I have no idea what you're talking about. and not that it necessarily makes me town, but... there is literally a meme in the mafia community about me specifically having shitty reading skills. plus it's not like I'm persisting with my misreads; I've admitted when I made a mistake and took what I said back. in the case with Via, I then said myself what I thought Via was saying for me, so I didn't use that to make up a point against Shinori. the bit about me misreading weapons was also not related to me pushing a case on anybody. the only thing that fits your narrative, even if I were scum trying to misrep and twist things around, was the bit about Refa joking wrt his comment about my role.

this was the paragraph that bard took an issue with

ok I'm here now what did I miss-

...... fuck, 12 pages

ok, I'll get to reading everything while I eat popcorn and drink coffee to wake me up.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm on page 10 posting this

So not done re-re-reading yet

But noob question of the game:

What is this mayor thing all about?

Mayors are also known as doublevoters. So Snike's votes count as two toward the lynch as oppossed to one because that's the function of the mayor role.