Alice in Brexitland Mafia - Game Over

SB.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Doesn't this mean all or at least most pushes are bad?

Isn't this your second game?

If it is, I suggest you get out now, especially if you end up winning this one. Most pushes in mafia are bad and wrong, though an argument can be made that sometimes pushes can be good if it leads to later correctness or it punishes bad plays, but that's too complicated.

I'm kidding about getting out now, I just thought it was funny that you presented that as a joke when it's somewhat of an ugly truth.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Refa said:

Making a post very slowly but multiple people have mentioned Walrein being absent and I'm PRETTY SURE it's because he's meeting up w/some SF people IRL today.  He could be scum using that as an excuse but it's at least not something I want to rag on him on today.

Yeah okay, slappin' Refa on the Should Live list. With this, his early Prims wagon reaction (opposing it and even making reads off it instead of just letting it roll or jumping on), and now giving leeway to a slot no one knows anything about as opposed to shitting on it, I'm feeling way better about him.

I mean, he could still be scum, in which case fuck me, I guess. But yeah, he is looking good to me at the moment which is important because he's been floating around null/scum for most players.

25 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Good post, I don't want to lynch Refa anymore. His cautiousness and confusion here is a good look.

I'll lynch Bard, Walrein, Eurykins, or Prims. I won't cry over Eury or Prims, but I'm feeling better about Bard or even Walrein. 

Would lynch prims. Okay.

6 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Yeah okay, slappin' Refa on the Should Live list. With this, his early Prims wagon reaction (opposing it and even making reads off it instead of just letting it roll or jumping on), and now giving leeway to a slot no one knows anything about as opposed to shitting on it, I'm feeling way better about him.

I mean, he could still be scum, in which case fuck me, I guess. But yeah, he is looking good to me at the moment which is important because he's been floating around null/scum for most players.

Says Refa opposing the Prims wagon is townie.  Sure not just bandwagoning is good but why is him specifically opposing the wagon good?  I don't get that reasoning.  Especially since you have wanted to lynch Prims most of the day, if you feel Prims is scum you must feel he has buddies, if he has buddies wouldn't buddies want to oppose the wagon?

And I don't think most people want to lynch Walrein because he hasn't really done anything.  It wouldn't really give any information or associative reads so him stating that fact isn't really grounds for hard town reading him imo.

I didn't really scumread Omega before but I especially don't want to lynch him after his effort in recent pages which seems pretty solidly like town who's invested in the outcome of the day. Would not vote there.

I won't cry if Bard gets lynched. Very null slot to me and the disappearance could be scum. I'm much more confident in lynching Eury, though. Not impressed by her doing a last minute Omega push and it seems like it could be scum taking advantage of the growing sentiment against him to push a competent player as her counterwagon. If you look in the spoiler tags for her case on him it's mostly confused replies and her summary also indicates confusion rather than suspicion. There's no "X is scum because Y" so I can only conclude Eury is not scumhunting genuinely and is just pushing a counterwagon. I had similar problems with her BBM push as well. Lynch Eury today tbh.

@the people who asked: Snike's posts haven't made me feel necessarily better about his slot, no. In all honesty I've checked out for the day because I'm not enthusiastic about contributing any further to having a potential 20 pages on Day 1. In fact I'm kind of annoyed I'm deathproof because that means I'll be staying in this game for longer, but so it goes.

Why is Omega's responses to me, which is what most of his content has been in the last few pages, and his willingness to lynch inactives or deathproof someone who's invested in the outcome of the day TOWN sided?  Mostly all of his lynch targets are people who are inactive who provide little to no info(Prims).

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

##unvote
##vote: eurykins

the bbm push read me as weird for scum but I'm sheeping the sentiment that her recent content is bad

Part of that may be my fault?  I was growing slightly frustrated at waiting for her to finish her very long multiple hours post while wanting to play video games.  I don't know if it may have unintentionally leaked out considering that.

I'm at my laptop.  Going to reread but I skimmed most of the past three pages. Shinori called my stuff wishy washy which I disagree with.  I do want to clarify something about what I said.

Let's just use your Kratos play as an example, Shinori. In that game you were often heated and I feel like posting style and tonally you're different this game. I still don't like the stuff onto refa, but that's aggression actions-wise as opposed to tonally. To put it another way, I don't like the case on Refa (aggression onto him), but your post style is also throwing me off because I expect fire and I'm getting ice.  And I think the later stuff before reread had me read you in a slightly better light.

I also think at first blush eury's assertion that I'm tunneling is ridiculous, because A) that's my first vote in the game and B) I was talking about other players, read generating aside. I haven't read the wall yet so this is a hot take.

On Shinori's 9/2/2 spec: Assuming I'm scum, that would imply that my predecessor in his ~2 hours of glory decided to start talking multiball as a public scummayor out of nowhere and draw attention to the setup speculation, then nope out. Is that likely? I'm not subbing in for proto, as a reminder.

Also on mayor: I may as well say that it does not disable in *YLO, since that came up.

Going to read now.

Her omega case is weak IMO but since I feel Omega is scum I'm not gonna worry about that too much at the moment.  I felt she should have worded more questions into that Omega spoiler since it seems obvious that she doesn't quite understand part of his posts, that's what I ended up doing.

I like the overall response to BBM but I can also see where Prim's statement is partially coming from.  However maybe I'm biased because I feel part of her reads, specifically her reads on omega/Refa and to a slightly lesser extent Snike, seem to match up with mine.

Prims just kinda bowing out and refusing to answer my questions annoys me to no end considering I don't get part of his reasoning for his Omega town read.

I forgot something: I don't think it's wrong to speculate about a scummayor setup-wise (Last mayor on SF was scum), but I think the scenario Shinori presented would be one of the only feasible options and I think that's torpedoed by aesir's actions.

41 minutes ago, Prims said:

I didn't really scumread Omega before but I especially don't want to lynch him after his effort in recent pages which seems pretty solidly like town who's invested in the outcome of the day. Would not vote there.

I won't cry if Bard gets lynched. Very null slot to me and the disappearance could be scum. I'm much more confident in lynching Eury, though. Not impressed by her doing a last minute Omega push and it seems like it could be scum taking advantage of the growing sentiment against him to push a competent player as her counterwagon. If you look in the spoiler tags for her case on him it's mostly confused replies and her summary also indicates confusion rather than suspicion. There's no "X is scum because Y" so I can only conclude Eury is not scumhunting genuinely and is just pushing a counterwagon. I had similar problems with her BBM push as well. Lynch Eury today tbh.

@the people who asked: Snike's posts haven't made me feel necessarily better about his slot, no. In all honesty I've checked out for the day because I'm not enthusiastic about contributing any further to having a potential 20 pages on Day 1. In fact I'm kind of annoyed I'm deathproof because that means I'll be staying in this game for longer, but so it goes.

Define "genuine scumhunting", if you would please.

I've asked plenty of questions, garnered multiple responses, and have questioned plenty of other cases/notions. As of a result, I've procured multiple rather steady reads, none of which have been without merit.

The fact that Omega became increasingly confused, vote swapped multiple times for shitty reasons, and overall had zero meat behind them = Bad and scummy gameplay that confused the fuck out of me. I didn't think I'd have to type it out quite like that, but I suppose most people couldn't put two-and-two together or read between the lines of my post?

^ is the actual reason why I voted, not even due to whatever popularity HE acquired during the time of me posting. Which, if you notice the timeframe, is during the time where most of the Omega cases even began. During my process of voting when I hadn't even seen the other latest posts (including that of your own claim). So saying that I pushed him as a counterwagon, when at the time that I started with the post and already chunked/quoted in all of the posts I was responding to he wasn't even that prominently up there, seems moot to me.

11 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

I want Eury to be actively involved in the thread, that catchup post looks out of place, and I want to see if she can convincingly post in real time. @Eurykins, why do you not seem to care that you're the leading wagon?

I didn't think I should focus on how good/bad I look to people. Isn't the entire concept of scum hunting revolve around digging through and finding scum, not busy yourself by making yourself looking pretty and towny? 

I have already stated and RESTATED that more than half of the points/cases about me are without merit. I made the mistake of having the idiotic argument/1v1 shit with Refa to which basically nothing got done because it was like beating your face against a wall with zero facial protection and shattering everything, and then realizing that nothing really got done from it. He chose to believe/state things that were not true regarding my posts, and did not budge from it, no matter how much I posted proving otherwise.

So what can you do? Refa himself stated earlier with cases that he couldn't even really argue about as well. This is a similar case. 

7 minutes ago, Propeller Knight said:

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

##unvote
##vote: eurykins

the bbm push read me as weird for scum but I'm sheeping the sentiment that her recent content is bad

Stating just "bad" doesn't say much. Elaborate if you wouldn't mind?

In hindsight at Snike's response scum mayor is slightly less likely, unless it's meant to be some sort of counter to lynch proof which I doubt.  In all honesty it's probably more in favor of adding a vote to town side to make up for the one less town town has since as it's at least 9/4 no matter what.  So in hindsight Snike is probably more likely town overall but I'm not going to just rule out the possibility of it.

I can't accurately judge what your predecessor would do since I also don't know who they are but plenty of people have mad terrible plays in the past on both sides.  I remember this one time it was Kirsche or Elie had like legit lied about their role or their numbers drafted in antihero mafia.  That might be a bad example but I don't think we can just rule out stupid play because it's stupid play.

3 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

Define "genuine scumhunting", if you would please.

I've asked plenty of questions, garnered multiple responses, and have questioned plenty of other cases/notions. As of a result, I've procured multiple rather steady reads, none of which have been without merit.

The fact that Omega became increasingly confused, vote swapped multiple times for shitty reasons, and overall had zero meat behind them = Bad and scummy gameplay that confused the fuck out of me. I didn't think I'd have to type it out quite like that, but I suppose most people couldn't put two-and-two together or read between the lines of my post?

^ is the actual reason why I voted, not even due to whatever popularity HE acquired during the time of me posting. Which, if you notice the timeframe, is during the time where most of the Omega cases even began. During my process of voting when I hadn't even seen the other latest posts (including that of your own claim). So saying that I pushed him as a counterwagon, when at the time that I started with the post and already chunked/quoted in all of the posts I was responding to he wasn't even that prominently up there, seems moot to me.

Bolded isn't the definition of scum hunting, but it's not entirely wrong?  I don't know how to explain that better.  Italicized is much better reasoning on omega case than your first initial post has in it.  What do you feel about Omega's more recent posts in the past few days WRT his responses to me and what not?

11 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

I didn't think I should focus on how good/bad I look to people. Isn't the entire concept of scum hunting revolve around digging through and finding scum, not busy yourself by making yourself looking pretty and towny? 

Would you acknowledge then that you might do things as town that other town would justifiably find scummy?

it's just that I can agree the omega push looks out of place, in a way scum would try to find a plausible counterwagon over themselves & seeing omega gaining traction would inspire that. though I'm still not 100% confident in your lynch the only other better option (to me) looks like bard, and like, I dunno, if bard wagon pulls through I'd probably pick that over you. but the wagon I was confident in crashed and burned and I'm super behind.

I'd still vote Bard > Eury at the moment.  But he's been sitting his vote on me like all day and I don't really remember his posts.  I just know it seemed like his biggest reason for voting me was that he didn't like my tone or style of posts.  If he made further posts after that point then I feel that vote stands out and reminds me a lot of Walrein from the last game.

Day 1.9 - Votals
Eurykins (6): Refa, BBM, Snike, Prims, Via
Bard (2): Weapons, Omega
Omega (2): Shinori, Eurykins
Prims (1): Walrein
Refa (1): Arcanite
Shinori (1): Bard

Not Voting: Rapier

You have ~18 hours left in the day.  With 13 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 9 to hammer.

@Shinori Not asking you to rule it out:: I could be lying (I'm not), and look how well ruling it out went in anony (LOL 4 consecutive town mislynches). I'm just arguing your comment on 13 to some extent.

On Aesir you're also absolutely right, but IMO again he was around for less than 2 hours so his stuff weighs a lot less in my mind as his flailing about. Apparently not in others. But they can't see my role PM, so that could be why.

ok actually reading so I can weigh in on omega stuff as well.

I was too lazy to read back all of Omega's posts so I just read what Shinori quoted

I have to agree Omega is uh.... I don't even know what to say
I don't think we should lynch them cause even though the things they say kinda look odd, I kinda feel like they're town and their play-style is just made that way
The constant vote switching is dumb

##Unvote

Omega = Eury > Bard >>>> Refa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (Except Rapier, Weapons and Snike) > everyone else

Refa... he made good enough content to get himself out of full suspicion but Im too paranoid to think he's fully out of the clear. As scum he could just be digging himself out of the early suspicions that were cast on him, he defended himself well enough against Eury imo so he gets points
but once I lock onto someone i never forget them ever so beware Refa
This is a threat

Eury and Omega, I put them both on an even level because Eury's early on works really didnt make them look good, their last post with the whole tl;dr thing put them in a good spot but that felt like damage control, not enough to completely get them out of the hole
I commented on Omega above, Omega is just too confusing and weird and just
I dont even
Some points are good, others are... eh
the theories and ITP things are all eh

I said what I needed to say about bard earlier and im too tired to go and fetch it lol
BUT I also want to say voting out bard isnt exactly that legitimate since they havent posted in quite a while so
It's kinda like what happened to prims except Bard did some things that read more scummish... which is why he's on the list but there are others who I feel are better to take out

I still need to read up on Weapons and Snike some more
Everyone else seems towny except Walrein... who only posted on like what page 5 or 6 or something? And Rapier who has made two whole posts ever? There just isnt enough!

My biggest scum read is Eury still, for the same reasons outlined before
Im writing this on page 15 so I dont know if they've said more yet

Welp im on 16 and uh
I feel like Eury's last two bigger posts are sufficient enough content for me to say that she's at least being a bit more involved in giving thoughts
Her last post actually makes me a bit more willing to not vote her, her reasoning on Omega fits what I said at the top (the bit about vote swapping)
Doesn't exactly clear her name, so it's a bit of a coin toss but

##Vote: Omega

Cause I think it's just smelling too fishy and looking too
Scummy