Alice in Brexitland Mafia - Game Over

charlie_

6 hours ago, Omega. said:

I'm townreading him, boy-o.

I understand, and you can if you want. But if you townread someone so easily because they were giving a reason as to why Walrein wouldn't be around then I'm going to say that's a bad reason to town read them.  If you are gonna give me flak for arguing over a D1 town read you have go ahead.  I don't like people that just hand out town reads for basically no reason or very little reason.  Especially if it's something that could easily be done as scum as well.  Some of the other reasons you state for town reading Refa are fine imo, but not the specific one I stated.

3 hours ago, Bard said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ You all gave me shit about Refa but look, you did move off it. This is why I don't pay attention to early Day 1 wagon hysteria because people usually find something better, and I am rather annoyed people attacked me over it. It's like you're telling me I have to play the game according to your standards instead of my own.

Anyway I'll spend some time catching up and hating myself.

People didn't move off it because of what you said, it also has nothing to do with people voting you.  But let's talk more about that, Why was the Refa wagon bad in the first place?  Were you town reading him on something when you made your post and that's why you thought it was bad?  If it was bad WHO specifically on the wagon had a bad vote?  You were voting me previously but I don't think it was over the fact that I was voting Refa.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1.11 - Votals
Bard (5): Weapons, Omega, Via, Eurykins, BBM
Eurykins (3): Refa, Prims, Bard
Omega (2): Shinori, Arcanite
Prims (1): Walrein

Not Voting: Snike, Rapier

You have ~2.75 hours left in the day.  With 13 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 9 to hammer.

##Vote: Bard

This is still a better lynch as of right now IMO, and uh given deadline's 2 hours I don't think it'll change.

??? why ??? this was your last post:

@Shinori, I read your first Omega case, and it does make me more suspicious of Omega, but not in front of Bard imo. The WIFOM thing is a good point, and I thought it was weird that he was reading ITP at all (and that whole paragraph didn't make sense), but those were the only two things that stood out, and there were a lot of other Omega posts you didn't go over. Granted I haven't read the response/rebuttal, but mafia's hard. Like the vig Prims thing and coin flip I feel are consistent with his meta, and also things I could see myself having said at some point.

you have to give a reason for this change, especially why you're so convinced that you're willing to swing this lynch by yourself. We also need 5 votes to lynch and now it's 4-3 Bard-Omega

BBM, it's 5-3. I'm on the bard wagon.

I need some sort of explanation weapons if you want this to swing.

1 minute ago, BBM said:

??? why ??? this was your last post:

you have to give a reason for this change, especially why you're so convinced that you're willing to swing this lynch by yourself. We also need 5 votes to lynch and now it's 4-3 Bard-Omega

WORKIN ON IT BBM but I actually reread Omega more closely and I feel pretty confident he's scum. Last night was I was just really half-assing things and after iso'ing Omega a lot of the things Shinori said make more sense.

No quote walls lol

The short:

-I feel like Bard is Eury pt2

-ITP hunting is definitely weird, and something scum is more inclined to do. Of course, they don't have to do it in thread, but Omega was already shown to use WIFOM to defend themselves (Shinori's first point)

-Omega has been pushing Eury for pretty much only one reason, which is that he thinks it's scummy that Eury is pushing BBM. On its own, that's not unreasonable, but considering how much more there is to comment on what else Eury has done and how convinced Omega seems on just this one point, I don't see the town thought process. I'd expect either more doubt or analysis of how Eury's other stuff makes sense as scum.

-Prims push is similar, he seemed to be doing more insisting on lynching/killing Prims than I felt was appropriate for the reasoning given.

-His only other major read Refa, who I think he goes from scum to town on. This interaction is fine imo, but it's more about how Omega kind of got hung up on this and the above points; it feels like he was unable to move on from this in a natural townish way.

-I guess there's also his Bard read but I forgot any points I was going to make there.

-I think it's weird how he keeps bringing up Walrein out of nowhere (granted I didn't really read things in context, some maybe it wasn't nowhere, but Walrein hasn't posted in forever).

-He was asking a number of questions which I didn't really see the point of, and didn't go anywhere. This reads as scum trying to look active more than town trying to scumhunt.

-I thought Omega's tone sounded more confident than it actually was on reread.

1 minute ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

No quote walls lol

The short:

-I feel like Bard is Eury pt2

-ITP hunting is definitely weird, and something scum is more inclined to do. Of course, they don't have to do it in thread, but Omega was already shown to use WIFOM to defend themselves (Shinori's first point)

-Omega has been pushing Eury for pretty much only one reason, which is that he thinks it's scummy that Eury is pushing BBM. On its own, that's not unreasonable, but considering how much more there is to comment on what else Eury has done and how convinced Omega seems on just this one point, I don't see the town thought process. I'd expect either more doubt or analysis of how Eury's other stuff makes sense as scum.

-Prims push is similar, he seemed to be doing more insisting on lynching/killing Prims than I felt was appropriate for the reasoning given.

-His only other major read Refa, who I think he goes from scum to town on. This interaction is fine imo, but it's more about how Omega kind of got hung up on this and the above points; it feels like he was unable to move on from this in a natural townish way.

-I guess there's also his Bard read but I forgot any points I was going to make there.

-I think it's weird how he keeps bringing up Walrein out of nowhere (granted I didn't really read things in context, some maybe it wasn't nowhere, but Walrein hasn't posted in forever).

-He was asking a number of questions which I didn't really see the point of, and didn't go anywhere. This reads as scum trying to look active more than town trying to scumhunt.

-I thought Omega's tone sounded more confident than it actually was on reread.

What exactly do you mean by Eury pt. 2, are you townreading her? Also, what motivated you to reread specifically me at this time?

16 hours ago, Propeller Knight said:

what?

Reading back
I think as I was reading I was supposed to retype that but didn't... it was late and I wanted to sleep LOL
Which is no excuse, so I understand that I look ever moreso confusing

16 hours ago, Propeller Knight said:

you accuse omega of waffling but your post in which you vote him is the definition of waffling. what

Omega was definitely waffling, that was part of the whole vote swapping bit. He comes in a bit later on in the game and just doesn't ever seem to stay on one person, keep flipping around like it's gymnastics 
But yeah, my post was stupid. I think next time I shouldnt be lazy (because frankly I was just being lazy)... could have used more substance tbh

Anyway I thought about it some more, pertaining to Omega
What I thought about was whether or not scum team would let Omega take this much heat so easy, and what exactly they'd accomplish by letting him just go from person to person voting as he pleases... his rather not so great plays make me just think he came in a bit late and didn't give enough thought about the earlier cases and such. There also was that one joke post they made to Walrein (which was a joke), and I dont think anyone would really say something like that unless they're town, in my eyes.
Before I was basically saying to vote them

I know this is essentially defending Omega
which also looks like backpedaling
but I just don't want to end up lynching the wrong person and going "well frick"

5 hours ago, Bard said:

Anyway I'll spend some time catching up and hating myself.

You said this hours ago and there's 1 hour left
you better hurry up

I know I'm supposed to read back on both Snike and weapons but I'm gonna be busy... and things are starting to narrow down so
##Unvote

Unvoting because well I look at page 19 and it's basically either Bard or Eury
Eury's claim doesnt make her clear, it just makes me think, "If her role claim is right and it's a mislynch, what do we lose form not having that role on day 4?"

One more vote on bard is too close to hammer and they have yet to say anything
Im kinda also inclined to agree with lynching the Walrein slot too... but for now I'll just do this so my vote isn't sitting there doing nothing again
##Vote: Eurykins

4 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Everybody ignore Weapons. Not scummy, just bad and wrong.

isn't bad and wrong scummy

Just now, Omega. said:

What exactly do you mean by Eury pt. 2, are you townreading her? Also, what motivated you to reread specifically me at this time?

They have similar philosophies to begin with (I thought it was appropriate Eury was a fan of Bard after he initially posted), which can be abrasive in its inflexibility. Idk I feel like Bard's latest post was him sticking to his guns in his own way as really were his other posts. I reread you cause I was going to do it when I woke up today.

Day 1.12 - Votals
Bard (6): Omega, Via, Eurykins, BBM, Snike
Eurykins (4): Refa, Prims, Bard, Arcanite
Omega (2): Shinori, Weapons
Prims (1): Walrein

Not Voting: Rapier

You have ~55 minutes left in the day.  With 13 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 9 to hammer.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You said this hours ago and there's 1 hour left
you better hurry up

I know I'm supposed to read back on both Snike and weapons but I'm gonna be busy... and things are starting to narrow down so
##Unvote

Unvoting because well I look at page 19 and it's basically either Bard or Eury
Eury's claim doesnt make her clear, it just makes me think, "If her role claim is right and it's a mislynch, what do we lose form not having that role on day 4?"

One more vote on bard is too close to hammer and they have yet to say anything
Im kinda also inclined to agree with lynching the Walrein slot too... but for now I'll just do this so my vote isn't sitting there doing nothing again
##Vote: Eurykins

Yo it's too close to phase end for you to be voting someone because you feel that someone has too many votes on them.

Who do you want to lynch more? Eury or Bard? That's not a hard question to answer.  If you would rather lynch Bard you don't just vote eury in this situation.

Also what's with people wanting to lynch someone who's been inactive and needs a sub? We get nothing from that, we can't even get a claim?  This is focused towards those wanting a Walrein lynch @Omega. @Arcanite

This post is really scummy.

20 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Everybody ignore Weapons. Not scummy, just bad and wrong.

Telling people to ignore weapons takes away from discussion.  This combined with the want to turbo yolo onto Walrein makes me all the more inclined to lynch this slot and people should vote here but at this point it would be considered a turbo and I don't like those normally but I've been pushing this for quite some time and people have tossed their inputs on this a few times.  I think there is still merit to push this.

I will vote Bard however if we can''t get people to swap to Omega in the next like 15 minutes or so.

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anyway I thought about it some more, pertaining to Omega
What I thought about was whether or not scum team would let Omega take this much heat so easy, and what exactly they'd accomplish by letting him just go from person to person voting as he pleases... his rather not so great plays make me just think he came in a bit late and didn't give enough thought about the earlier cases and such. There also was that one joke post they made to Walrein (which was a joke), and I dont think anyone would really say something like that unless they're town, in my eyes.
Before I was basically saying to vote them

I know this is essentially defending Omega
which also looks like backpedaling
but I just don't want to end up lynching the wrong person and going "well frick"

Just noticed this part in Arcanite's post and I don't like it.    Is Omega scummy? Yes or no?  IF people swapped over towards Omega and you were put into a position of Omega or Bard who would you vote for?

arc's vote on eury is bad because they don't come off like they're making it because she's scum. "if it's a mislynch at least we won't miss the role on d4" is a really bad attitude for town to have. ignoring bard entirely for eury only to vote her just cuz she's a wagon is also really scummy. the throwaway "I'd lynch walrein btw" reads like filler on the end of it just to have it there to distance theirself from walrein, we're not lynching walrein today even if everyone thinks he's scummy so there's no point. this is a scum post

Walrein needs to go for being the worst slot on the Prims wagon and fitting on every potential scumteam. His flip is good for crafting a better picture of the game.

I understand wanting a more informative lynch, but I've seen it work and suggested a vig as a safeguard. That said, the Bard/Eury wagons are okay too, I'm just throwing heat on a slot who needs to die, and hopefully a vig won't mess up an easy play.

A nice bonus is that we don't have to deal with a sub then too.

Bard's at deadline lynch to begin with so voting or not voting that doesn't even matter. Like even if that wasn't the case why are you self-conscious about the position of your vote so late in the day, Arcanite?

I don't want to move off of bard because I think the smalltext in his latest post was scummy + he hasn't delivered on content since the post. But I'm also not happy with this past page in parts.

Omega, why did you vote me earlier today? This needs an explanation rather than telling people to ignore weapons.

Omega you could say the same about Rapier though to be fair and I thought wlarein's stuff before he flaked was alright.