We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

I'm fine with lynching Walrein.  I feel stronger about Athena but what you had makes sense.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On to Shinori assocs from Shinori's end, which someone brought up.

This progression looks extremely bad:

On 4/10/2018 at 3:22 PM, Shinori said:
14 hours ago, Walrein said:

nothing i was just frustrated by people being somewhat dismissive of my thought without actually contributing anything else to the discussion

this is a side effect of my dislike of RVS, which is about as useful as shitposting and much much slower

@BBM is there any post in particular that gave you weird vibes or is it a more general nebulous thing

This post seems extremely defensive in my eyes.  Don't really like it tonally.

On 4/10/2018 at 5:58 PM, Shinori said:

Iono I feel this mentality towards Walrein is weird.  Overall I will say I disliked Athena's early post complaining about RVS while saying nothing else.  Albeit minor, a few things had actually slightly happened.  An example is the whole BBM/Junko posts that had happened before Athena posted.  Maybe I'm just biased but it stood out to me.

I dislike this because it kind of just brushes off Athena's bad play early on.  Humans are creatures of habit and are more often prone to repeating the same mistake again and again.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:41 PM, Shinori said:

I also haven't mentioned Walrein that I can remember off the top of my head: How come you didn't bring this up WRT me but did so for Eury?  Or did you ask her something about Walrein?

Why Walrein in specific?  And why ask Eury specifically? I know he's been very active but I don't quite understand this post right now.

The last post reads defensive because he's been caught on associations. He wouldn't have denied it if he was actually going to case Walrein here.

hot take: Snike proposed the setup clear in scumchat and everyone agreed to make him deep starting from d1

Correct me if I'm wrong (yes actually please someone check): Kaoz jailed eclipse night 1

Snike moved Mack to Kirsche thinking that he would save eclipse.

scum team would never kill AND give an item to the same person. The reason we didn't have two flips was because Kaoz successfully saved eclipse. they thought that Mack would be on eclipse while kaoz would focus elsewhere, so their intent was to hit kill eclipse, case mack (which Snike actually did), and set up a strongman kill on Kaoz in case the Mack case failed.

I don't think I am wrong.

well, not really

nevermind the latter part

it doesn't work because they clearly succeeded in killing bbm n2

and the mack argument isnt applicable to n1

the rest is good though. replace eclipse with bbm

The main point of this:

Snike's hijack and case based on it looks very bad when you consider that the scum team would have known that Kaoz wasn't dying and that they wanted Kaoz to get the item in the first place

I believe they were setting up both a strongman kill on Kaoz and a lynch on Mackc2 for the following day

and killed BBM for his Shinori case

they only made slight adjustments when Shinori flipped

I don't see how Snike could realistically tell Mack to save Kaoz and then hijack him off of him and onto Kirsche as town

the coincidence is astounding

@Makaze I know this is a bit off, but I am having trouble seeing why you are going for the last mafia (wals in your case) slot over a known one (snike) with with a lot more info on them? 

(Break over) 

1 hour ago, Alette said:

@Makaze I know this is a bit off, but I am having trouble seeing why you are going for the last mafia (wals in your case) slot over a known one (snike) with with a lot more info on them? 

(Break over) 

Snike has a lot of content that could be town and while he has been wrong, his defense is tonally strong.

There is a lot more info because he has been more active. I think the bad content per post ratio is higher for walrein. their tone is also very bad

i think they are both mafia though, and we have no idea what walrein's role is

Also Snike is apparently not a popular lynch choice, according to others.

If Walrein flips them 4/4 mafia have towncleared him without reasoning. He is confirmed after that.

I don't see the risk.

Edited by Makaze
pronouns

2 hours ago, Makaze said:

Like claiming it at all is very bad

i do not see a world where marth doing this is good for the town

think about it. as town, marth has every reason to never claim

invite the nk

and claim his watcher result

this slot has to be itp

No.

ITP/wolf!Marth as a self delayer/watcher's best strategy is to play wolfy. I don't personally think he was, but apparently this village does. But anyway, as an anti-village alignment his play is to play wolfy and then draw heat so he can PR hunt as many people as possible visiting him.

He was being wagoned. He probably was not going to get lynched. At that point, Marth claims.

Him doing that as wolf/ITP directly goes against any decent strategy he has as an anti-town alignment at that point. He's literally taking his ace in the hole, and throwing it in the dumpster for no benefit other than to get people off his back when he has a history of getting frustrated with being wagoned/pressured.

Marth is/was villa, I am too. My case earlier for him being squarely in his villa range also still stands. Also, regarding me not reading X or Y, I have a lot of shit to take care of IRL but I keep getting sucked into this game because mafia is more fun than homework. I'm shooting from the hip for the most part this game.

Also, I would have never shot Shinori/eclipse. As a wolf/ITP, I would have kept him around and continued to troll him. Near the end of D1, I brought up a bunch of BBM posts that were VERY villagery and asked Shinori to analyze them. After he shat on them and just spun it to look wolfy without any consideration to BBM being innocent; I was going to push him D2. So anyone sussing me; I invite you to look near the end of D1, see how I treated Shinori, then ask yourself if I kill him despite laying the groundwork to suspect him. eclipse is good and she was pressuring me, but she was a doublevoter and I would have PR hunted or gone after someone who has some history with me.

I'll read the Walrein stuff more in-depth later. I'm not sure that Snike's a wolf. Why does he thunderdome Mackc when he doesn't have to and challenge you yesterday? This is an open question to anyone; I'm trying to get some dialog going. I'm out again.

1 hour ago, Makaze said:

Snike has a lot of content that could be town and while he has been wrong, his defense is tonally strong.

There is a lot more info because he has been more active. I think the bad content per post ratio is higher for walrein. their tone is also very bad

i think they are both mafia though, and we have no idea what walrein's role is

Also Snike is apparently not a popular lynch choice, according to others.

If Walrein flips them 4/4 mafia have towncleared him without reasoning. He is confirmed after that.

I don't see the risk.

i know this is a contradiction lol i read it aloud.

by their tone being bad I meant they are emulating their scum game with unnecessary emphasis and theatrical read questioning

their non-associative posts are great

and list lategame posts hold up on their own because everyone they have to avoid lynching is dead. they can just ride their snike read from first post to endgame with no problem

see my case

Edited by Makaze

2 minutes ago, Omega. said:

No.

ITP/wolf!Marth as a self delayer/watcher's best strategy is to play wolfy. I don't personally think he was, but apparently this village does. But anyway, as an anti-village alignment his play is to play wolfy and then draw heat so he can PR hunt as many people as possible visiting him.

He was being wagoned. He probably was not going to get lynched. At that point, Marth claims.

Him doing that as wolf/ITP directly goes against any decent strategy he has as an anti-town alignment at that point. He's literally taking his ace in the hole, and throwing it in the dumpster for no benefit other than to get people off his back when he has a history of getting frustrated with being wagoned/pressured.

Marth is/was villa, I am too. My case earlier for him being squarely in his villa range also still stands. Also, regarding me not reading X or Y, I have a lot of shit to take care of IRL but I keep getting sucked into this game because mafia is more fun than homework. I'm shooting from the hip for the most part this game.

Also, I would have never shot Shinori/eclipse. As a wolf/ITP, I would have kept him around and continued to troll him. Near the end of D1, I brought up a bunch of BBM posts that were VERY villagery and asked Shinori to analyze them. After he shat on them and just spun it to look wolfy without any consideration to BBM being innocent; I was going to push him D2. So anyone sussing me; I invite you to look near the end of D1, see how I treated Shinori, then ask yourself if I kill him despite laying the groundwork to suspect him. eclipse is good and she was pressuring me, but she was a doublevoter and I would have PR hunted or gone after someone who has some history with me.

I'll read the Walrein stuff more in-depth later. I'm not sure that Snike's a wolf. Why does he thunderdome Mackc when he doesn't have to and challenge you yesterday? This is an open question to anyone; I'm trying to get some dialog going. I'm out again.

I agree, Marth is bad.

I can see a world where he just does it on a whim, though. If his intention is to never get targeted by investigation OR killed, it makes perfect sense.

It's just bad strategy.

Sorry, man. You subbed into someone who fucked you over.

You made a good show of it along the way, and I applaud you. I hope I play with you again, hopefully as same alignment, so we can thunderdome each other for towncred.

3 minutes ago, Killthestory said:

holy fuck. ok, im gonna pretend im a wolf so i tryhard here.

gonna read up on my mentions you guys just wait eagerly for your hero

SociableScratchyCaudata-size_restricted.

Day 4.12 - Votals
Omega. (4): Killthestory, via, Baldrick
athena_57 (2): Refa, Omega.
Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy (2): Alette, EvanManManMan
Walrein (2): Fable, Makaze

Not Voting: athena_57, Beru, Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy, Walrein

You have ~51 hours left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 9 to hammer.

4 hours ago, Omega. said:

@Killthestory

I'm V. I was trolling you last night. I'm leaning V on you here. If you're seriously unsure on me, (re)read my D2 entrance and tell me if that's not prototypical YOLO.

yah it was hilaruous, but why shouldnt i believe you cant make that post as a wolf? like i said, i think ur wolfgame is pretty strong bud, and ur recents are lookin worse and worse. talk to me about your reads? where u sitting? whats ur preferred go to lynch? rn all ur doing is being hyper reactive and defense, and thats defo not prototypical yolo.

@Makaze generally i dislike how yolo is taking all the pressure. it wasnt apparent until ppl started locking votes on him, but hes just getting super reactive and defense and dropped any pretense of gamesolving. i get his point that this is a new forum, but ive pressured and tunneled him in the past. when hes villa, nothing slows him down, and he always constantly searches for wolves in the face of adversity. here? not so much.