Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Technically its an Ishs Courser

I can horse good.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am waiting at the end of Chapter 2 thinking about buying it before the selection changes next chapter...

Yeah, that is a tough call. That said, [Spoiler depending on how blind you want to be, there's nothing really spoilery in here]

Spoiler

the next few maps don't really serve horses very well. Chapter 5's main mission does, but 3-Main, 4-Main and a few of the side maps in there don't.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Alright, that's Valkyria Chronicles 4 done. Went ahead and got the true end too (it's one of those "you have to get the normal end first" kind of games).

It it feels like I beat the game rather quickly, that's because this game had the fortunate advantage of me buying it during the Thanksgiving break. I was pretty much free the entire week and I had already gotten a headstart on assignments that are due the next week. So, good week.

I'll give my full thoughts on the game later but here's the sparknotes edition.

-Gameplay is perfectly evolved from the first game although perhaps a bit too good, there's a lot of cheese strats that I did that didn't necessarily earn me an A-rank but still made things a lot easier. Grenadiers, Direct Command, and the ACP are all very busted, I love it. 

-I like the main cast more than the first game.

-Villains are still trash tho. Except for Klaus and Crymeria, they can stay. I have nice things to say about those two.

-Maybe it's because I took a year in beating the first game but after playing this one, I am.....not a as much of a fan of the book format. Like it aesthetically, don't like how everything is treated a scene select screen. I'll get more into it later.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like this map overall, but the turn 1 ambush and and the twins endlessly respawning were not to my liking.

I actually feel the same way but what makes the turn 1 ambush suck really hard is that one of the twins can just walk up to either the Cactus or the Glory (depending on which one you deployed) and just oneshot the radiator because the vehicle deploys facing away from the plaza and there's nothing you can do to defend it on that turn. Was forced to use a Ship Order to bring it back, although it's not like I used Ship Orders a lot anyway.

The season's coming closer, what with the 4 week mark being passed already.

I still have to go and get a present or two because I changed my mind on my brother's present.

Lockdown might be lifted, but there's still going to be limited to work around because it's only opened a little.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

An entrap staff goes a long way in making the taking of the stairs more doable on Lunatic, as those Basara can be dragged off the stairs with

That's the plan. I got an entrap staff just for this chapter.

I just hope it doesn't miss since entrap doesn't have exactly a high hit rate haha

@Armagon grats on finishing! Seems you really enjoyed VC4^^

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

mZRpJ0v.png

F

Why does Entrap have such a low Hit ;_;

Yeah I ended up feeding my Elise a magic and skill tonic, gave her a skill rally from my bow knight, used an enfeeble staff to lower his staff avoid, gave her a dance for the extra skill, and finally gave her a pairup with Sorceress Ophelia daughter to get her magic even higher (I don't remember the support level), all to push that rate up to 91%...

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Edit: it actually hit ayyyy

Time to tip the scales!

Thank goodness... Good luck and don't waste this opportunity!

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Thank goodness... Good luck and don't waste this opportunity!

Thanks thanks^^

And i am being extra careful and playing very safe haha!

The archers are keeping me from going all in because some of my strongest members are fliers, and since the archers have counter i can't even fight em up close XD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

The archers are keeping me from going all in because some of my strongest members are fliers, and since the archers have counter i can't even fight em up close XD

I like to try and get the Sorceress's Bow Breaker skill on this map, just to help clearing those guys out on enemy phase....

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I like to try and get the Sorceress's Bow Breaker skill on this map, just to help clearing those guys out on enemy phase....

yeah i wish i had Bow Breaker atm, but sadly i don't xD

CornCob is tanky and fast enough to take them on, but not along the Spear Master guys. If i can take the archers out (Which i am in the process of doing atm), Calamity Gate should take care of the rest

I love that detail of how the final map in Vestaria Saga starts at night time and switches to daytime 15 turns in. Of course with how long that map lasts, it might as well keep switching every 15 turns.

The final chapter of Vestaria Saga is a lot like 2020, come to think of it. It's extremely long and no matter how far you get you encounter new nasty surprises that kill a ton of people. And in the middle of it all is an insecure egomaniac who watches people die for his amusement and surrounds himself with a bunch of evil cultists for his protection.

Edited by BrightBow

Seriously, when I encountered the literal pitfalls on the final floor, I was just stunned in disbelief. Like, how much crap can you put in a single map?

Plus, by that time you no doubt messed around with that seemingly useless room on the second floor with the door that always closes every turn. And probably several hours later, you finally get the answer when someone falls through those trap doors.

Edited by BrightBow

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I love that detail of how the final map in Vestaria Saga starts at night time and switches to daytime 15 turns in. Of course with how long that map lasts, it might as well keep switching every 15 turns.

The final chapter of Vestaria Saga is a lot like 2020, come to think of it. It's extremely long and no matter how far you get you encounter new nasty surprises that kill a ton of people. And in the middle of it all is an insecure egomaniac who watches people die for his amusement and surrounds himself with a bunch of evil cultists for his protection.

I really need to continue that game. I just got past the map with the fake zombies before it ended up getting added to my game backlog...

wS07yTK.png

Father and Daughter Duo facing off an angry racist woman, Hoshido Border, 2015, colorized.

And with that, the wall is clean, only the Pineapple Meme and his squad remaining, and seizing the Border

Then off to the last stop before the capital!

Staves saved my ass here xD

Edit:

hpV1oTq.png

phew

That was tough

Edited by Shrimperor

Hello.
Draggy here, newly convinced that Among Us is just multiplayer Danganronpa xD

In any case, I finished Danganronpa last night. Was pretty cool, but... there is a problem.
I can't talk about anything without spoiling it. It's one of those games. xD

Jokes aside, I did like the gameplay, doing detective stuff and gathering clues and using those clues to solve cases was fun. Music was pretty good, too, which is not surprising, considering the same person who did the OST for the best Digimon game (namely Cyber Sleuth) also worked on this one.
I do have some gripes with it. Some connected to the story, but some I can talk about freely without spoiling stuff, so here we go:

• The biggest one: I called pretty much 90% of the cases from who did it to how they did it. Had solved them before even the characters did. There were times when the game threw me for a loop, and there were some out of nowhere twists, but other than that, things were fairly predictable. Even the one behind everything becomes fairly obvious rather early into the last two chapters if you pay enough attention to what's been going on.
  • On the topic of characters, the game frequently made them seem dumber than they are to pad the length of a class trial (the thing in which you solve the case, have debates and do minigames to that goal), which... well, isn't that great, frankly. Worst offender is the protagonist, who, during investigations, can't even put two and two together, but once the class trial hits, SUDDENLY he's a genius detective and makes all the connections. That disconnect kinda took me out from time to time.
  • Speaking of the minigames, they were kinda hit and miss. Especially the rhythm game... frustrating in its very conception, and then they just piled stuff on and on and on to make it even more unfun. 

Overall, I liked the game. It stumbled here and there, but I'd say I enjoyed it. Except for what I mentioned above, the characters were all pretty cool, too.
Except for one dude, whom I just wanted to punch in the jawline every time he opened his mouth. Though I'll give him that: he's one of two people with an actual brain between his ears. Most of the time, anyway. xD

18 hours ago, Sooks said:

Draggy is now free from my conquest posts (unless I try to do it again with zero casualties)!

Implying that they ever bothered me in the first place.

All I said back then is that I considered avoiding the thread for a while to avoid shitting on a game I don't find fun whatsoever. It didn't work at all, but hey.
Attempts were made, I suppose...

Also, congrats on finishing the game! ^^
Glad you made it through having enjoyed it.

11 hours ago, Benice said:

YES! Finally finished HHM!

Congrats!

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

IO0jYnx.png

Fates late game weapon triangle in one image....

dw i am not doing that move either way, i am not an idiot. Although i am thinking of doing something with the freeze staff hmmm

I know I'm not supposed to talk about it, but
Reaver weapons such as Calamity Gate double weapon triangle effects.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reaver weapons such as Calamity Gate double weapon triangle effects.

yeah, i know, but that's still a pretty big difference. 

Weapon triangle bonuses in Fates depend on weapon rank, which make them biiiiiiiiig later on, especially since in Lunatic it gives every enemy max weapon rank, so...

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah, i know, but that's still a pretty big difference. 

I mean, I didn't deny that at all.

---

Also, here's a reaction thingy for y'all, featuring the best character in the game.
Had to censor the chapter number, because the devs had the bright idea to put the number of the chapter everywhere. Gosh darn it!
IeNrBJH.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Normally I've some interest in unused content, but here, since I've yet to play XS, I'll have to pass. And, if there was anything that notable, I would've expected Armagon to mention it offhand once or twice by now. I can't imagine significant scraps of a less-compacted XS Ep. III would be in the data.

Not really, just things like this i found humerous, is all.

897e9363349662b730d2cc1998645862.png

Not sure i see the point in repeating "MonolithSOFT Xenosaga Episode 2." so many times, but hey, who knows, maybe there's a point to it?

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

IO0jYnx.png

Fates late game weapon triangle in one image....

The enemy placement looks very scary...

43 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello.

Hi!

43 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, congrats on finishing the game! ^^
Glad you made it through having enjoyed it.

Thank you!

Welcome Snow!

Bah, you're not welcome at all.

Escaped work earlier not to get involved in weather chaos.

Dangonronpa is another placeholder in my library. Have it already for more than a year, but haven't played it yet. Actually I own the entire triology.  Since Sakura Wars was a good introduction into visuel novels, I might be more motivated to start with this series soon.

Tutturu y'all

And i love Draggy's emoji xD

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The enemy placement looks very scary..

well, that's after they moved ofc xD
mZRpJ0v.png

Here's before they moved haha (Elise's head hiding some as well)

And many of the have either a Lunge + Seal def combo, or incase of Archers, Counter or Ameterasu. And Basara's had Duelist blow

Evil haha

I don't think it's even doable without the use of some staves (Entrap, Freeze and Enfeeble. Maybe even rescue xD)