• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

21 minutes ago, ping said:

*hasn't happened to him yet.

The thing is- what would pair badly/good with brown? Bright bold shiny blue & red are much less muted than plain old brown. Maybe make him 50-50 Mommy-Daddy, so brown & pink?

...Actually, I should see if anyone has recolored Leif to pure pink.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The thing is- what would pair badly/good with brown? Bright bold shiny blue & red are much less muted than old brown. Maybe make him 50-50 Mommy-Daddy, so brown & pink?

I also thought of Silver like Micaiah's, if we're counting protag colours. The Renais twins' colour wouldn't work imo.

Maybe a green Byleth's shade? Or is that for Corrin and Robin to split on? Or Alm's if we talk about all the protags? Or do we go for 3H's and add Dimitri's blonde? Or the Warriors twins?

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

also thought of Silver like Micaiah's, if we're counting protag colours.

True, Micaiah silver, or closer to home Deidre silver, seems like it'd sufficiently clash. 

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The Renais twins' colour wouldn't work imo.

Colors. Twins they might be, but their hair shades aren't the same. Eirika is definitively a light blue, Ephraim I've usually considered green actually, although it's more a mildly darkened shade of blue-green turquoise.

7 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Maybe a green Byleth's shade? Or is that for Corrin and Robin to split on? Or Alm's if we talk about all the protags? Or do we go for 3H's and add Dimitri's blonde? Or the Warriors twins?

For Leif? Brown-blonde is too normal. Enlightened One's light minty green would be sure to clash on Leif, since it wouldn't be able to blend in a "grass/leaves + dark wood/dirt" way like a darker green could.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For Leif? Brown-blonde is too normal. Enlightened One's light minty green would be sure to clash on Leif, since it wouldn't be able to blend in a "grass/leaves + dark wood/dirt" way like a darker green could.

I was on about Byleth st the start of the game, that colour or even Alm's would probably do better.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True, Micaiah silver, or closer to home Deidre silver, seems like it'd sufficiently clash. 

Leif with his aunt's hair gonna cause an international incident.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Colors. Twins they might be, but their hair shades aren't the same. Eirika is definitively a light blue, Ephraim I've usually considered green actually, although it's more a mildly darkened shade of blue-green turquoise.

True or not, they're not that far off and neither would work with Leif's.

12 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Archer went undercover, of course!

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Leif with his aunt's hair gonna cause an international incident.

Quan did nothing wrong. Ethlyn cuckolded him first, she and Midir had the mutual hots for each other.

8 minutes ago, ping said:

C1isybs.png

e: Whoops, missed two pixels

mR1w8ug.png

Thank you!

It's not a natural integration of the colors, but it works well enough to prove that it'd be bad.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh btw @Saint Rubenio your videos keep showing up in my recs

I saw that the Amelia video is now up to 3rd most popular in my channel and it reminded me I forgot to respond to this.

They're going to keep appearing until you beat Berwick Saga

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Quan did nothing wrong. Ethlyn cuckolded him first, she and Midir had the mutual hots for each other.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They're going to keep appearing until you beat Berwick Saga

Strange, doesn't happen to me.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then Benice pinged me to help him guide Shrimpy along in his first Berwick run. Then I stayed here. That's my backstory.

12 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Funnily enough I have a similar origin story. I ended up getting @Benice involved in the FE6 Ironman Succession game LP I started up, and eventually he pinged me into this thread. From there I lurked in the thread a little, as I was a bit shy in posting on the thread at first.

Nice. Hopefully I'll be able to introduce more people to the thread later too!

What a way to go, pulled miles away by the water and drowning in an attempt to save others. This is the sort of stuff that prompts warnings about saving people in the water sadly. Thankfully nobody else died.

b8885d476d50af02a391275404f373607c79e314

I wish we saw more churches in SoV

Just now, ping said:

oxMuy9v.png

4 chapters plus the endgame to go, I am excited as hell!

10 hours ago, ping said:

Um excuse you, you're supposed to be impressed by his knoble knobleness and feel sympathy for Camüü's tragedy in which he just had no choice at all!

(I'm not the greatest fan of the Camus archetype)

(Why, of course it's an archetype. What in Fire Emblem isn't?)

Hide contents

“The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”
- German poodle enthusiast and professional grump A. Schopenhauer

9 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

One who might survive to see that kingdom or land past that darkest hour.

Many are not fond of the Camus as an archetype. The progenitor can certainly be stubborn to his beliefs.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, forgot to respond to this.

...Yeaaaah as far as Camuses go, Camus is... pretty bleh. He's just an idiot that remains loyal to evil people for no apparent reason, like so many others. Though in Camus's case... it's not well-conveyed at all - heck, it's not even brought up until the sequel, and even there you blink and you miss it - but there are a certain two members of Grustian loyalty whom Dolhr has taken hostage. It's likely part of the reason Camus remains so steadfast in his loyalty. But, again, you wouldn't know unless I told you.

Still, he's undeniably unreasonable, like a lot of members of the archetype he named. I do like him better than the likes of Galle and Reinhardt, at least. Those two goons serve even greater evils and have even less reason to do so than Camus lol

I think I'd like this trope a lot more if the main characters made an actual effort to convince them why they're wrong, like imagine a dramatic scene where Marth or what's-her-face princess says something like "You bewildering fool! A knight does not stand with his country whether it is right or wrong! The vows you made as a knight are for a country that has long been dead, so it is not only traitorous to continue to fight alongside the arrogant fools of Dolhr, but to give such a meaningless reason for why!" And you know, the Camus in question actually listened to that.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's Est. The original Est! The massive scrub that comes near the end, highly underlevelled, but has uber growths if you care to bother with them. Modern FEs have mostly dropped this archetype, but you'll see it everywhere in the older ones.

You know what other old FE trope I've noticed that's not really in the newer games?

And by old FE, I mean literally just Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon and I'm just assuming they're in the others

The whole, "Giving the player super powerful mythological weapons near the end of the game" thing where you have to hope to Naga that one of your units has an A rank in the weapon in question.

I mean, modern games kind of have it but they're tied to specific characters and you don't have to work for them.

9 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

The NES version makes the manaketes sound like aliens to me.

You could argue how fitting that it.

I remember you saying that. I tried looking online for the NES version and couldn't find it, but I can imagine.

6 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

@Edelguardiansing

@Interdimensional Observer

@Eltosian Kadath

@Punished Dayni

So

Awakening - Edelguardiansing

Birthright - Observer

Conquest - Eltosian

Rev - me

SoV - Dayni

Are y'all ok with this?

Rule stuff:

1. Dlc/Amiibo character and classes allowed. When it comes to DLC classes only one of each class is allowed per player however

2. Niles and Orochi don't die if their linked units die. If both Niles and Orochi are dead, their linked units in SoV and Awakening die as well

3. No Turnwheel.

4. SoV: Revival shrines only for free/non-linked units.

5. Awakefates: If parents die, the other players are allowed to get kids/do paralogues before next checkpoint hits. After the checkpoint the linked parents are considered dead and you can't get kids anymore.

6. Fates: hacked resources for capturing allowed, but max forging limited to +2

7. Because i will lose 2 units for each death, i think i might use the rev balance mod to save up time training scrubs. If anyone wants to use some kinda mod that can also be arranged. Unless y'all are against this.

8. Hard/classic across the board.

9. (Support) grinding allowed, but beware the consequences.

Does that sound ok? I think we could start sometime this weekend. Should be enough time to clarify some rules and set/change chapter checkpoints and linked units.

Sounds sound! I'm guessing I'll need to get Citra as well just so I can post screenshots.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

You could chuck her in the Arena.

Oh, yeah that's true, huh? 

Man I keep forgetting that those things exist...

3 hours ago, ping said:

tPHo5w4.png

Perfection.

2 hours ago, ping said:

C1isybs.png

e: Whoops, missed two pixels

mR1w8ug.png

Why does he look like a stereotypical youtuber

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I think I'd like this trope a lot more if the main characters made an actual effort to convince them why they're wrong, like imagine a dramatic scene where Marth or what's-her-face princess says something like "You bewildering fool! A knight does not stand with his country whether it is right or wrong! The vows you made as a knight are for a country that has long been dead, so it is not only traitorous to continue to fight alongside the arrogant fools of Dolhr, but to give such a meaningless reason for why!" And you know, the Camus in question actually listened to that.

The problem with this is that if the Camus listens, the logical conclusion is for them to defect lol

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

You know what other old FE trope I've noticed that's not really in the newer games?

And by old FE, I mean literally just Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon and I'm just assuming they're in the others

The whole, "Giving the player super powerful mythological weapons near the end of the game" thing where you have to hope to Naga that one of your units has an A rank in the weapon in question.

I mean, modern games kind of have it but they're tied to specific characters and you don't have to work for them.

I mean, in SS you don't have to work for them either.

But yeah, I get what you mean. To be honest, I prefered it the old way. It was always fun to go "okay, in this run, I want X to be my Excalibur user." By comparison, in Fates I pretty much never use the legendaries because I hate all the characters that use them, haha.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Crazy to think it's already been a month since peak video game got released.

I must say, it's a lot more anime than I would've expected you to be able to stomach.

Also I love your new pfp.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I must say, it's a lot more anime than I would've expected you to be able to stomach.

Anime is great.

I do very much resent using the term "anime" as a synonym for "godawful". That because Awakening looks like absolute shit, that somehow means that any kind of Japanese animation is therefore shit too.
Awakening is not representative of the entire Japanese animation industry. It's only representative of the tastelessness of the people in charge at IS.

Not that Freedom Planet is a Japanese game in the first place. Though it does of course heavily draw on Japanese-developed games like Gunstar Heroes and Megaman X.