• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So like, if Deirdre’s silence staff is 1-2 range and the magic guy has 3–10 range, how am I supposed to progress..?

How? Silence is 1-10.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I noticed that as well. Makes class selection seem a lot more forgiving and more flexible, if you have a mix & match weapons & skills plan in mind in advance, it doesn't take terribly long to put it into practice.

I was also doing things i didn't do the first time around. Like as soon as Ch.3 ended, i decided to get Irina, Gwin and Doug on the team. They all have pretty good levels so they serve as training wheels to help you get stronger. On my first run, Lin and Elma stayed for quite a while and they weren't as strong to take on the enemies i could. 

Grinding up class wasn't as hard either once i noticed that enemies 2-3 levels higher gave like 10 point per kill so i looked for easy fast travel points to grind them. Of course, this once again had to do with the fact that i was using Irina, Gwin and Doug as training wheels.

My biggest (and so far only) problem with the game is the trend of packing hordes of enemies on top of each other. Sigurd is my only unit who can deal with that and not die, so that just ends up being the strategy almost every group of enemies. I hope this trend doesn’t continue... I mean even if I bait the group with him, there are just too many for all my other units to be able to handle since nine of them sans the squishy mage one round, and none of them can take many hits, so anyone who attacks and doesn’t kill will just die on enemy phase (other than Sigurd of course, but he almost always kills anyway).

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Should be 1-10. Are you confusing her Aura range?

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How? Silence is 1-10.

I suppose I was.

I ended up just getting really good rng anyway, heh.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

You may wanna train someone else, then.

The opportunity hasn’t come up in the maps because of this trend (well, not to substantially train them up anyway) but I guess I can use the arena at the castle? I’ll give some guys some levels.

On the bright side, it should get better with gen 2 because all the kids supposed to be god tier there.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

I guess I can use the arena at the castle? I’ll give some guys some levels.

100% do this; the game is designed around the useage of the arena.

Well, if you can consider this game as being balanced...

Just now, Benice said:

100% do this; the game is designed around the useage of the arena.

Well, if you can consider this game as being balanced...

I didn’t know that, I’ve just been progressing and wondering why the maps are designed like this.

I mean I’ve only done two chapters, but still.

I didn’t know that, I’ve just been progressing and wondering why the maps are designed like this.

I think it's to make it more like a real war; you wouldn't find random enemy armies scattered around, but rather in blocks.

The way I played was to run everyone through the arena before each chapter. You may or may not want to do the same.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Why don't you do the same? Form a squad of your own. Don't rush too much all the time.

True. I feel like marathoning and/or sprinting FE4 (especially for a first playthrough) is probably a bad idea.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why don't you do the same? Form a squad of your own. Don't rush too much all the time.

Most of them die on enemy phase, because the squad isn’t enough to kill enough of the enemies for at least a couple squishier units (which is everyone except Sigurd and Arden) to not die.

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

which is everyone except Sigurd and Arden

If you want tanky units, Lex works quite well- (you missed the Brave Axe secret event, which hampers him a little) he has a 50% defense growth and is in a mounted class. Plus, Elite/Paragon is a great skill.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

I suppose I was.

Fun fact, if you kill that boss Sandima before recruiting Dierdre she has an alternate recruitment conversation with extra lore sprinkled in.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

The prologue has no arena, so you haven't missed too much, although you need to do the arena in chapter 2, as having a non-bow user complete the arena is key to a recruitment.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

At least everyone's beginning to understand why Finn's the character I picked for the badge thing on the side.

(At least I was ahead of trend on this here. :P)

Hey, I always thought Finn was cool in Thracia. Now I find that he's also cool in Genealogy!

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ultimate Fire Emblem test i3ljwV4.jpg

Well look at these three brothers. Which one is playable!? Which one could it be guys!? I mean just have no idea...

Gandolf's funny. In the translations he's called Gandolf (I'm assuming it's something close to that in Japanese as well), but then IntSys made their popularity poll and decided "nah fam, he's Munnir now." They changed a ton of names in Genealogy for no reason. People constantly bash fan translators for playing around with the names, but then IntSys themselves do it!

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I thought this plot was supposed to be good...

You'll find nobody that defends Deirdre and Sigurd. Much like Berwick Saga's story, the worst part of Gen 1's story is the romance. It's the rest of it that is great.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

I suppose I was.

Honestly, when I played through that I ended up having Arden and Finn take a nap for the rest of the team. The only solution that doesn't end up with Deirdre filled with ballista bolts is to have her slooooooooooowly walk through the forests to the area where Lewyn appears. Not worth the effort.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

If you want tanky units, Lex works quite well- (you missed the Brave Axe secret event, which hampers him a little) he has a 50% defense growth and is in a mounted class. Plus, Elite/Paragon is a great skill.

I don't know. I missed the brave axe and Lex was pretty useless the whole way through. He could one-shot the occassional mage, but his hitrates were bollocks and his defense wasn't nearly enough to tank squads reliably. He promoted thanks to paragon and then proceeded to do absolutely nothing until he died at Yied.

23 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fun fact, if you kill that boss Sandima before recruiting Dierdre she has an alternate recruitment conversation with extra lore sprinkled in.

Why is there so much secret stuff to this game? Damn, it gives TearRing Saga a run for its money!

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer @Shrimperor @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo so you remember that brief moment in Xenoblade 2 when you're fighting the Tantalese guards? It turns out those random-ass guards are voiced by the Adam Howden, voice of Shulk.

I just learned this because I'm catching up on Chuggaaconry's LP of Xenoblade 2 and he just casually mentions how he contacted Adam Howden to confirm this (even shows a screenshot of the text message).

NG+ goal: fight them with Shulk

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You'll find nobody that defends Deirdre and Sigurd. Much like Berwick Saga's story, the worst part of Gen 1's story is the romance. It's the rest of it that is great.

There ought to be someone out there who defends the romance. Enough people have played Genealogy that a few dissenters should exist.

This said, romances in many more mainstream games are rarely good. Niche games, maybe things are better, but... is there a single main character ship that I adore in any FE? Not really. I'm in complete dissent on FE7's two shippings, and people like Marth and Leif, well they're not bad, just ordinary romances. TRS has the shotgun steal, but three atrocities that sink any hope of love being good there.

Why is there so much secret stuff to this game? Damn, it gives TearRing Saga a run for its money!

Well, one-tile secret treasures and events I can concede are worse than

ts-leteena.gif

who at least you could try to flail and possibly succeed at recruiting eventually. The first event should be readily capable of triggering, it's figuring out what the heck you do from there that is the problem.

I don't know. I missed the brave axe and Lex was pretty useless the whole way through. He could one-shot the occassional mage, but his hitrates were bollocks and his defense wasn't nearly enough to tank squads reliably. He promoted thanks to paragon and then proceeded to do absolutely nothing until he died at Yied.

How was his hitrate that poor with leadship (+10) and the fact that most enemies early on have little to no evasion?

Gandolf's funny. In the translations he's called Gandolf (I'm assuming it's something close to that in Japanese as well), but then IntSys made their popularity poll and decided "nah fam, he's Munnir now." They changed a ton of names in Genealogy for no reason. People constantly bash fan translators for playing around with the names, but then IntSys themselves do it!

It's really funny on both accounts. Fan-translated names going through like two or three changes while IntSys eventually does something totally different, then the fan-translators and some long-time fans get angry at IntSys.

Complaining about name changes in general is the funniest shit, it's really not that deep.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There ought to be someone out there who defends the romance. Enough people have played Genealogy that a few dissenters should exist.

I mean, yeah, but they're the exception to the norm. Most people agree that Sigurd and Deirdre is a horrible, rushed romance.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This said, romances in many more mainstream games are rarely good. Niche games, maybe things are better, but... is there a single main character ship that I adore in any FE? Not really. I'm in complete dissent on FE7's two shippings, and people like Marth and Leif, well they're not bad, just ordinary romances.

That's fair enough.

TRS has the shotgun steal,

The what? You talking about...

Spoiler

That one time Runan stole an idiot's wedding for himself?

If so, yeah, that's the one good romance in TearRing Saga.

but three atrocities that sink any hope of love being good there.

Hahahaha... Okay, I have to agree because all the ships that don't involve Runan and Enteh are terrible. Katri should've gone with Xeno. That would've made some sense, at least.

Besides, don't forget that the power of love is the cause of pretty much everything bad that happens in TRS. There was never any hope.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

How was his hitrate that poor with leadship (+10) and the fact that most enemies early on have little to no evasion?

70~% on enemies with only one hit is not what I'd call stellar. He was better than Alec and Noish, but... honestly, that's about it. He wasn't bad, exactly, but he was a step below the rest of the army.

Just now, Armagon said:

Complaining about name changes in general is the funniest shit, it's really not that deep.

I'm probably too naggy about that kind of thing, I'll admit. I'm sorry, I just don't want to have to go on Google to figure out what I'm supposed to call this one dude this time of the year.