• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

One important detail that must not be forgotten is that it wasn't the usual Ubisoft that developed the first game. It was the Italian branch, spearheaded by a man who since childhood had been a huge Nintendo fan and wanted nothing but to make a game worthy of the Mario franchise. The man's pitch was so passionate and convincing that Miyamoto gave it the green light, and then he basically worked his ass off to ensure the game was as good as possible.

What I'm trying to say is, these aren't the same people who are infamous for being EA lite. If the same people are behind this sequel, chances are very good.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20210612_102441.jpg

That should be funny, but it ends up being strangely wholesome.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You are in luck - there is, in fact, opportunity to avoid one more death from here to the end of the game.

Only one? Maybe I need a training montage before getting back to the game…

And if I don’t avoid this death, I think our counts are tied because I have

Spoiler

Gunnulf

Egil

Alette

Griss

Folka

Rook

Bak

and you had

Egil

Alette

Gudmundr

Nid

Folka

Rook

Bak

so far. I think. Although if we count characters leaving the party I’m winning.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I need to calm my nerves. A chill FTL run is in order. @Sooks ping me when you next have Banner Saga news to deliver to me.

What’s FTL?

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Only one? Maybe I need a training montage before getting back to the game…

At least one death, I should've said.

There's multiple you can suffer. Sooooo yah.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And if I don’t avoid this death, I think our counts are tied because I have

Hide contents

Gunnulf

Egil

Alette

Griss

Folka

Rook

Bak

and you had

Egil

Alette

Gudmundr

Nid

Folka

Rook

Bak

so far. I think. Although if we count characters leaving the party I’m winning.

Huh... Yeah, actually, we're looking rather on-par. I also lost another two, but that was later. See if you can avoid those deaths and you'll have won!

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

New Mario + Rabbids? Nice.

I haven't played the first one, but it usually goes for so cheap I might just because the new one was announced.

From my earlier post:

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was skeptical too, but in spite of Ubisoft and the Rabbids, it was a great game. I would recommend it, it's not flawless but it's pretty damn good.

I mean it's not the longest text ever, I could've just repeated it instead of quoting myself, but I'm lazy.

I played the first one, it was somewhere between okay and good. I liked it, but not enough to finish it (although I did get close). I’ll probably pass on the second one, even if bow Luigi.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I played the first one, it was somewhere between okay and good. I liked it, but not enough to finish it (although I did get close). I’ll probably pass on the second one, even if bow Luigi.

My impressions were similar. I did like it enough to finish it, but when I tried to replay it I got bored quickly. It unfortunately suffers from a similar flaw as Three Houses in that the sections between maps are completely boring and only get worse on replays. I hope there's less meandering about in the sequel... Or at least I hope the meandering about is more interesting.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My impressions were similar. I did like it enough to finish it, but when I tried to replay it I got bored quickly. It unfortunately suffers from a similar flaw as Three Houses in that the sections between maps are completely boring and only get worse on replays. I hope there's less meandering about in the sequel... Or at least I hope the meandering about is more interesting.

You need to help Luigi put together his Sylvis cosplay during the meandering.

I cleared all three waves of the fight after Bak’s death, by injuring my entire team.

I got 38 renown in the conversation after some reason. @Saint Rubenio is it because I said 

Spoiler

“we finish what we started” after Juno “””””died”””””?

Oh and just so you know, I’m going back to Aberrang for the first time.

Edited by Sooks

I'd wear amidst the ubanding light of heaven.
Now of at the gates of the underworld
Come forth thunder of the gods
What the HECK is THAT?
This ends hiya! Indignashion!!!
This can't beeeeeeeee...

Best video game intro ever.

Edited by BrightBow

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You need to help Luigi put together his Sylvis cosplay during the meandering.

...Oh, please...

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I cleared all three waves of the fight after Bak’s death, by injuring my entire team.

I got 38 renown in the conversation after some reason. @Saint Rubenio is it because I said 

Hide contents

“we finish what we started” after Juno “””””died”””””?

Oh and just so you know, I’m going back to Aberrang for the first time.

Oh, so you are! At the rate you're going, I think you might do two returns. Not bad, not bad. It's rare to get all five on a first run. Keep me informed!

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, so you are! At the rate you're going, I think you might do two returns. Not bad, not bad. It's rare to get all five on a first run. Keep me informed!

Because you told me I could go back and get more time, I may have been a bit… uncaring with how much time I spent. Of course, then I stopped caring at the part where there was actually a death, since I already was out of time.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Because you told me I could go back and get more time, I may have been a bit… uncaring with how much time I spent. Of course, then I stopped caring at the part where there was actually a death, since I already was out of time.

Well, as I said, there's five returns. If you're already up to that point, I'd say you can make it rather comfortably, if you handle yourself well in Arberrang.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Sylvis is in her 20s, for one thing. Most important piece of information right there.

Damn straight.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still gives me the vibe. That Hoelun could pass for like her younger sister. Or just outright younger version.

"Outright younger version" doesn't really work when their hair and eye colors are completely different, but they could probably pass as sisters.