Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Just look up XCOM or Valkyria Chronicles gameplay and you'll get the picture. Better to see for yourself.

Heck, even Mario+Rabbids is the same kind of game as these.

I might, I might not. Xd

I can be kinda finicky when it comes to gaming!

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait hold on, you're sending mixed signals here. Can you clarify?

Boring:

adjective
causing or marked by boredom; dull and uninteresting; tiresome:

noun
Machinery. 
  1. the act or process of making or enlarging a hole.
  2. the hole so made.
Geology. a cylindrical sample of earth strata obtained by boring a vertical hole.

Do I need to drill any deeper into that paragraph? Ore have you figured it out now? How did you not notice the carefully chosen words and phrases, do you have the brain of a canary in a coal mine?

I completed chapter 7 and Mozu’s paralogue. Chapter 7 was standard chapter 7, and I fed most of Mozu’s paralogue to Mozu because I think she’s worth it. However… she got not one, but two bad levels! 2! Mozu! She’s not off to a great start.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
noun
Machinery. 
  1. the act or process of making or enlarging a hole.
  2. the hole so made.
Geology. a cylindrical sample of earth strata obtained by boring a vertical hole.

English, why did you choose to use this word for digging?

Hmm, curious: should difficulty be based on reactionary or memory, or both? Like: is it fair to assume the player can press a button almost imstantly when needed/prompted? Or if its about memory, is forcing them to memorize so many patterns/strings fair? Personally, I appreciate a healthy mix of both, but I also realise not everyone can react at lightspeed, so there should be a medium ground there.

Oh, and designing difficulty around "mashing" is bad.

Screenshot_5148.png

she t-pose

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hmm, curious: should difficulty be based on reactionary or memory, or both? Like: is it fair to assume the player can press a button almost imstantly when needed/prompted? Or if its about memory, is forcing them to memorize so many patterns/strings fair? Personally, I appreciate a healthy mix of both, but I also realise not everyone can react at lightspeed, so there should be a medium ground there.

It really depends.

24 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

After failing the QTE to hug Leonardo in Assassin's Creed 2, I never defended them again. Memory all the way.

26 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

How dare you speak ill of my Dragon Ball games!

I completed chapter 8, and was reminded why I love Conquest so much. I made a pretty big blunder, because I forgot that when the enemy visits a village a few enemy units spawn there, which left Niles and Odin in a lot of danger, especially because they were also in range of Flora’s freeze staff. But through pair up, the dragon vein and Elise’s freeze staff I was able to get out of that situation with 0 casualties. What a great game.

Unfortunately, I messed up the support points somewhere along the line and Arthur and Effie didn’t get A rank support at the end of this chapter. But with their support rank being at B and save state shenanigans in that chapter not bringing it to A, I’m pretty sure I can still get Percy as soon as possible (without support grinding or DLC) as long as I don’t make anymore errors. Or my math is wrong. One of the two.

Edited by Sooks

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

This actually happened to me in Valkyria Chronicles 1. Alicia shot a guy at point-blank range and the guy ducked.

She shouldn't have aimed for the head.

4 hours ago, Maof06 said:

After failing the QTE to hug Leonardo in Assassin's Creed 2, I never defended them again. Memory all the way.

Clearly I never had an issue with that one if I forgot that happened.

I feel like there was one involving Da Vinci I had a worse time with though, but it's literally over a decade since that happened.

Okay, I managed to catch some sleep. I still have a few hours before I have to go get my microchip, so I will play some Rev in the meantime. Last time I kinda tried wiping out the entire enemy force in Fuga's Wild Ride (Lite Version). Force of habit. Realizing that none of my current troops matter and Protagonist is super overleveled, I've decided I will instead just make the captures I can and then drop Protagonist on Fuga's head with Subaki. Lack of fliers in this version of the map should make that relatively easy.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Idk guys, SteamWorld Heist feeling kinda lame rn.

Armagon be like "what be taste?"

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Another thing for the Armagon vs. Ruben divide?

So it seems. Add it to the pile.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

English, why did you choose to use this word for digging?

Because if English was easy, it would be digging.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Nooo, I accidentally started Silas and Elise’s support chain. My run is forever cursed, tainted.

Marry them. Sure, everyone will be miserable and Sophie will be awful, but you can get Nichol earlier.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I completed chapter 8, and was reminded why I love Conquest so much. I made a pretty big blunder, because I forgot that when the enemy visits a village a few enemy units spawn there, which left Niles and Odin in a lot of danger, especially because they were also in range of Flora’s freeze staff. But through pair up, the dragon vein and Elise’s freeze staff I was able to get out of that situation with 0 casualties. What a great game.

Meanwhile me: "Hey Shrimpy I just lost 7 of our units because I made a single mistake."

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Unfortunately, I messed up the support points somewhere along the line and Arthur and Effie didn’t get A rank support at the end of this chapter. But with their support rank being at B and save state shenanigans in that chapter not bringing it to A, I’m pretty sure I can still get Percy as soon as possible (without support grinding or DLC) as long as I don’t make anymore errors. Or my math is wrong. One of the two.

Oof.

Ahahahahahahahaha

Okay, Takumi may've been worse than Henning, but Rev Fuga? Rev Fuga's just bald Henning. Sure, he has no range, but that dodge, that defense... He's friggin' Henning, all right. This is gonna be fun...

Oh, well. At least he took some hefty damage from the dragonstone. A couple lucky RNG rolls and it was over. Then I sent Kaze and Subaki on a stealth mission, and using the winds to my advantage, I was able to collect the two western chests and seize without having to waste time killing enemies.

Oh, and Hana died. Who cares.

Now, I welcome the first members of the proper army: Kenshi the spear fighter and Suzume the shrine maiden. They will serve us well... For a time, or forever. We shall see.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahahahahahahaha

Okay, Takumi may've been worse than Henning, but Rev Fuga? Rev Fuga's just bald Henning. Sure, he has no range, but that dodge, that defense... He's friggin' Henning, all right. This is gonna be fun...

Oh, well. At least he took some hefty damage from the dragonstone. A couple lucky RNG rolls and it was over. Then I sent Kaze and Subaki on a stealth mission, and using the winds to my advantage, I was able to collect the two western chests and seize without having to waste time killing enemies.

Yeah, Fuga can be risky.

This is why Poison Strike is nice imo.

Also, Chapter 10 is next. Oh boy everything about it.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I see.

Good joke, Revelation. Very funny. I got pranked, haha. Ahh...

So where's the real map.

I mean, c'mon, this can't be the real map, can it? Just... bashing ice for turns on end?

Can it...?

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Me too me too lol

XD

Honestly, i think it's a leftover from 90s style writing. While him being special is still a thing, nowdays it's attributed much more to his experience instead of chosen one ™️

Good point!
And it's true, as well. By Ys Seven (chronologically), the guy has defeated demons, machine gods, ACTUAL gods, the very concept of evolution, and the origin of all life itself, among several other things.
It would actually be one hell of a lot weirder if he WASN'T regarded as someone special (i.e. chosen to be the Dragon Warrior, in this specific game's case), now that I think about it again. xD

I like to think that, in Ys Seven (or any future game that takes place after it), Adol just having this really normal expression on his face no matter how big the reveals are, because he's seen so much before that nothing can faze him anymore. Everyone around him is like "How can this be?!?" and "What do we do?!?" and completely panicking, and he stands in the middle of it all and says "Guys, calm down, this is just normal stuff". XD

Celceta will shed a bit more light on that at the end

I see, I see!

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sounds like room for comedy. Random guy sees Adol coming in and, "Ah! It's that guy!" and prompt nopes out of the country. XD

Haha, that would be quite hilarious!
Or like that one scene in Final Fantasy X, when Tidus enters a room and everyone there lets out a really disappointed groan. XD

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well when your series is older than Dragon Quest, you're bound to make fun of yourself here and there.

Older than Dragon Quest, yet feels much more modern and way less clunky.
I just find it hilarious that they made fun of the two tropes the Trails series (and many JRPGs in general, tbh) is utterly in love with: Characters hiding information for no good reason (and then not getting called out for being the assholes they are - at least in this game, the character in question got called out for it. Viciously, at that. Thanks, Calilica, you are the second best), and characters having "no time" to explain themselves.

I very much applaud the Ys series for lampshading how stupid these things are.
Also in this game: the villains actually do NOT get away after you fight them for real. They just straight up die.

Is this really the same company that made Trails? XD

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have started a Revelation run. A generics only one, to be precise, though I stil haven't been able to get any generics. That'll change soon though.

Oh, nice! I wish you best of luck with that! ^^
Maybe I should follow your example and use generics, too. Maybe then I can actually enjoy Fates, when I am not forced to use characters I really don't like.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Remember how I said there's like two or three Birthright characters I kind of like?
She's one of them. XD
Except her Corrin support sucks ass.

But yeah, for a run like yours, it really does not matter at all if she lives or dies.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kenshi the spear fighter and Suzume the shrine maiden.

Nice! May they serve you well!

---

Also in Memories of Celceta, there is a Roo that will tell you the characters' "Roo names", which gives us gems such as Adoroo, Caroorooca and Frooda. XD
So that got me thinking, and, being the silly goose that I am, I came up with "Roo names" for some of us.
@Sooks would be Rooks
@Shrimperor would be Shroomperooroo
@Armagon would be Aroomagon
@Saint Rubenio would be Saint Roobenio, or just Rooben
@Interdimensional Observer would be Interoodimensionaroo Obserooveroo
@WraithReborn would be WrooithRooboroon
@twilitfalchion would be twirooitfaroochion
I would be DroogonFroomes, or just Drooggy

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I see.

So where's the real map.

I mean, c'mon, this can't be the real map, can it? Just... bashing ice for turns on end?

Can it...?

It'd at least be kinda interesting if there was a dragon vein to melt a large chunk of it, making you ask the question of if you aggro the lot. Also, having so few units makes it worse imo.

It's a highly tedious and disrespectful map.

There will be better maps than this.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I see.

So where's the real map.

Can it...?

Welcome to Revelation Map Design (registered trademark), where Intelligent Systems shit the bed while being drunk off their asses and called that a game!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

any future game that takes place after it

Currently Ys 9!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

"Guys, calm down, this is just normal stuff".

Adol be like

maxresdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Older than Dragon Quest, yet feels much more modern and way less clunky.

Becasue Ys actually changes systems every few games and evolves

I very much applaud the Ys series for lampshading how stupid these things are

Ys 9  😞

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also in this game: the villains actually do NOT get away after you fight them for real. They just straight up die.

That's the usual case in most Ys games.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

would be Shroomperooroo

Lmao xD

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I would be DroogonFroomes, or just Drooggy

Young Roo-ling!

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, nice! I wish you best of luck with that! ^^
Maybe I should follow your example and use generics, too. Maybe then I can actually enjoy Fates, when I am not forced to use characters I really don't like.

I unironically like their designs better than a good chunk of the playable characters. They're so fucking cool, all of them.

Remember how I said there's like two or three Birthright characters I kind of like?
She's one of them. XD
Except her Corrin support sucks ass.

But yeah, for a run like yours, it really does not matter at all if she lives or dies.

Yeah, I like her too. I mean, I used her in my Birthright run.

Actually, I just realized I forgot to post her stats when I shared my Birthright team. Oops.

But yes, as you said, she wasn't going to see any use in this run anyway. None of them were. In fact, they've all hit the bench already except Gunter, and Gunter will go next chapter, because I've already nabbed a cavalier from Zola's troops.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It'd at least be kinda interesting if there was a dragon vein to melt a large chunk of it, making you ask the question of if you aggro the lot. Also, having so few units makes it worse imo.

It's a highly tedious and disrespectful map.

There will be better maps than this.

When I saw that it was a different Izumo map than just Izumo keep I was kinda hyped. Then this shit happened lol.

Welcome to Revelation Map Design (registered trademark), where Intelligent Systems shit the bed while being drunk off their asses and called that a game!

Hahahaha... Well, you win some, you lose some. At some point I have to encounter a gimmick that's tolerable.

Rooben

Kaga Ruben did it first.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Is this really the same company that made Trails? XD

Maybe I can play Ys someday, since it seems rather different than Trails, meaning that it wouldn't take me 32 hours to get to the 1/3rd mark of the game.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

meaning that it wouldn't take me 32 hours to get to the 1/3rd mark of the game.

you should be able to atleast finish 2 classic Ys games in that time....

And i am still confused on how you aren't atleast at chapter 3 after 30 hours FC xD