Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Personally, I think you're being overly harsh on Micaiah because you're upset that she takes away attention from Ike in RD with a bit of not liking her character in general. Which is perfectly fine , but saying you dislike her for being a Mary Sue when you just admitted that she may not be a full blown out Sue does not really stand to good reason. I also don't see you hating on Corrin nearly as much as Micaiah even though you agreed that Corrin is a worse Sue. You almost seem to like female Corrin while hating the male one even though they are the same character.

Micaiah also does get her spotlight stolen by Ike in the end, which doesn't ever happen to the three avatars. Ike would be a Gary Stu if it weren't for the fact that PoR exists. Without it, he would be a worse offender than Micaiah.

THREE HOUSES SPOILER 

Also unless I read something wrong Byleth is the only thing keeping 2/3 lords and one very plot relevant character sane. Being the major -- if not sole -- reason for another character's mental stability, let alone three, sounds pretty Mary Sueish to me. Along with other stuff I will not mention here.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure, but the Daeins still didn't praise the rest of the group the way they praised Micaiah.

Micaiah isn’t singled out at the beginning.

Nico:
“What! Really?! You guys are in the Dawn Brigade?! Wow, my friends and I talk about you all the time!”

Lady:
“You? But you’re just children! Oh, how Daein has fallen… Children, forced to fight and steal for the good of the poor.

Mary Sue discussion is pointless anyway because the term gets thrown around so much it has lost all meaning. I don't think two people have have an agreement on what the term stands for.

7 minutes ago, Jave said:

Mary Sue discussion is pointless anyway because the term gets thrown around so much it has lost all meaning. I don't think two people have have an agreement on what the term stands for.

I think Mary Sue it's must be defined for their more meta characteristics... How it affects the narrative and the logic of the story.

Characters are usually subject to the logic that was constructed around the world; Mary Sue can break the narrative sense for the sake of exposing themselves in a positive way.

Mary Sue it's basically a term for bad writing focused in how a character was developed in a very absurd way to be likeable; without the absurdity being actually part of the universe's logic.

It talks more about how a character it's presented in the narrative in a meta perspective instead of the story itself.

Basically... it makes sense this to happen?

Edited by Troykv

I don't have a Switch, so I can't play Three Houses, but I think Annette has made me her captive. Yes, I have seen that particular support. Whether she gets in before CYL4 or not, she's getting my vote.

Spoiler

Time-skip Annette, though. Also, she's tiny which would make an axe-wielding Annette be even more hilarious.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's a damn shame Annette has a weakness in heavy armour because I want to make her a bolt-axe wielding Fortress Knight.

Weaknesses are meant to be overcome. Don't let your dreams be dreams. Let the legend of the 153 cm armor roar to life!

Just now, Kaden said:

Weaknesses are meant to be overcome. Don't let your dreams be dreams. Let the legend of the 153 cm armor roar to life!

Yeah, but I was thinking more in the event I go for a Blue Lions run (or any where I recruit her early). In my current run, having just recruited her at almost the last possible moment, she's a long way behind - probably about my 5th or 6th choice mage at the moment - and with skills nowhere near the requirements. That said, I've either fielded her once or never. I suppose in that context there's no reason to even try anything remotely optimal so full axe and heavy armour training it is even if nothing comes of it.

Legendary Julia is now up on the Meet the Heroes page, along with entries for Gray, Tobin, Kliff, Faye, and Celica (the first one).

Oh, and I still exist too. If you need to know where I’ve been, ask the 230ish, and still counting, hours I’ve put into Three Houses.

I didn't notice yesterday while levelling her in TT, but boy does Yune look creepy in Tap Battle. The way she slides out of Miccy's body and looks at her face-to-face like a baby in one of those front-mounted baby-carriers is a bit discomfiting.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

I really need a merge project or five.

I know that feeling. I was giving armor smasher to brave Celica and flying Olivia lately. 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, nothing ever changes on SF. How are you, gentlemen and gentlewomen? Apart from Micaiah still being a point of Ana’s contention, of course.

Hi there!

Really not much changed, just check the VG topic

Game's not yet dead though, even if most people play three houses. Should get me a switch for the winter. 

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So, uh, Heroes' Path.

Am I reading this correctly? Do we actually get certain Heroes as rewards?

Free Ninian, Tome Eirika and Steady Breath is how I read it. 

Oh, more suffering escape ladders.

Brave heroes refine, yessssssss.

Edited by mampfoid

Has Reinhardt been featured as a quest reward before or is this his F2P debut? Oh yeah, the other units are nice too I suppose. 😉

I've unsuccessfully tried a few times to fix up my +Res -Atk Eirika so this is big for me. Ike will feed Fae to complete my tanky dragon trinity. Ninian is, eh, whatever really.

@mampfoid OUR +10 BRO IS GETTING A REFINE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

the fact that i can actually say i have him +10 is the best

.....and then i realized im basically out of stones after this round(planning to do both him and Eliwood rip)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

This sounds like an unusually good update. Both Ninian and Eirika are units I wouldn't mind getting merges for, and free Steady Breath fodder is very nice as well. If Brave Ike's refine is good perhaps he'll get a merge from me as well.

Free Anamnesis Eirika? Neat, mine is +8 merge and could appreciate the boost.

Use twice the Aether for twice the fun in Aether Raids? Eh, after day 1 I never even have the Aether for more than one battle unless I can get the +10 refill, which I usually forget to grab.

Refines for Brave Heroes and also Eliwood because I guess he has a hot sword to? Cool, but can't help but wonder why we need a badly disguised Brave Heroes banner...

If anyone ever says 'Mary Sue' in this thread again, please narc them so I can ban everyone who has ever posted in this thread and then lock it.

Anyway, Hero's Path sounds pretty lit, but I wonder how they'll avoid overlap with Skill Studies. Maybe they won't. On my end, it's finally a merge for my beleagured Grike - hero of so many early CCs, but the fact that he has exactly 5000 HM says a lot - wiping off the -attack for my Ninian and my sole Wizard Eirika.

Ninian's a really interesting pick. On one hand, she's the first F2P blue dancer (while there's two reds and two greens); on the other one might say it's another move towards giving everyone a viable beast / dragon side. And I do feel like beast/dragon challenges are imminent.

Oh, it’s actually The Eirika That Should Never Have Been! Nice, never had her either. Can they also give me a free Lucina too while they’re at it?

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

just check the VG topic

Yeah, no.