"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

14 hours ago, XRay said:

My best counter to almost everything is Firesweep archers, which I have a lot of, but that is really expensive though.

My Faye is -ATK, but I don't want to kill her.

The only usable Firesweep archer is Eleonora (+SPD) currently. With Poison Strike, +6 ATK buff and Moonbow she will need three rounds of combat to kill Duo Alm (+10 +SPD, Repel, +6/+6/+6/+6  buffs) though. 

14 hours ago, XRay said:

For Blade mages, I recommend cavalry Blade mages over infantry Blade mages since you can run a pair of them and they will provide each other Atk+18 and Spd+6.

That wouldn't work reliably against the Lull (his vanilla skill!) and Repel variants.

My Eirika (+1 +SPD, Rauðrblade+) with +6/+6  buffs would leave a Duo Alm (+SPD, +10, Repel, unbuffed) alive with 3 HP. She would also fail to kill a Duo Alm with full buffs (+SPD, +10, empty B-slot, +6/+6/+6/+6 buffs). 

I didn't even take into account all the other stuff (drives, defense tiles etc). Of course I could make it work with more support, but that's not a reliable counter. 

14 hours ago, XRay said:

While you can Bless your Triangle Adept-Breaker units and other hard counters, it feels a bit of waste of Blessings though since the unit is extremely specific and it is most likely just used in Arena Assault. We have accumulated a lot of Blessings now though, so I guess putting it on hard counters is not that big of a deal for veteran players.

I have +20 of Fire/Dark/Astra blessings and 30+ of all the others each. That's more than enough to build 10 Alm/Axe counters. I'm using most of my units only in AA anyway. 

I was considering to give my red Ishtar Axebreaker, but she can't eat one hit from DC Alms. 

Hmm, not even my Palla (+SPD, 4* +10, Fury, Axebreaker, Moonbow, prf without refinement) would one-round a buffed Repel Alm. 

Edited by mampfoid

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

That wouldn't work reliably against the Lull (his vanilla skill!) and Repel variants.

My Eirika (+1 +SPD, Rauðrblade+) with +6/+6  buffs would leave a Duo Alm (+SPD, +10, Repel, unbuffed) alive with 3 HP. She would also fail to kill a Duo Alm with full buffs (+SPD, +10, empty B-slot, +6/+6/+6/+6 buffs). 

I didn't even take into account all the other stuff (drives, defense tiles etc). Of course I could make it work with more support, but that's not a reliable counter. 

Hm... Maybe you can try Poison Dagger on dagger units, and they can also quickly take out most ranged infantry targets too. Cleaner is another option. They might do a little better against his vanilla skill set.

15 hours ago, XRay said:

Hm... Maybe you can try Poison Dagger on dagger units, and they can also quickly take out most ranged infantry targets too. Cleaner is another option. They might do a little better against his vanilla skill set.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll try some of them and play a little bit around with builds next week. 

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Today I got my last Cecilia  now I have all the necessary copies to make her +10 and all possible natures. What is her ideal nature what are some builds she can run? Or should I wait for her weapon?

Her nature depends on her build.

Counter-Vantage
+Atk
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer — Ruptured Sky
Close Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow — Res Smoke
Brazen Atk/Stat

Standard Player Phase
+Spd
Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C) — Savage Blow — Res Smoke — Hone Cavalry
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd or Atk/Spd)

Enemy Phase: Raven
+Atk/Def/Res
Gronnraven
Reposition — Swap
Glimmer
Triangle Adept
Quick Riposte — Lull Atk/Res — Guard
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Def, Res, Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res) — Quick Riposte

Enemy Phase: Res Tank, Mixed Tank
+Def/Res
Gronnserpent
Def Refinement — Res Refinement
Reposition — Swap
Iceberg
Distant Def — Mirror Stance — Sturdy Stance (tier 4 not yet released)
Quick Riposte — Lull Atk/Res — Guard — Dull Range
(Any C) — Atk Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Res, Atk/Res) — Quick Riposte

Enemy Phase: Res Blazing Tank
+Res, +10+5, 1 or 2 Res Mythic Heroes
Gronnserpent
Res Refinement
Reposition — Swap
Glimmer — Ruptured Sky
Fort Def/Res
B Tomebreaker — G Tomebreaker — Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Fortress Res
Cecilia needs at least one Res Mythic Hero on the team to counter kill Ophelia+10+10 in one round of combat via B Tomebreaker. If you bring two Res Mythics, Cecilia can run Quick Riposte instead. If you have Feh Pass, Summoner Support would be ideal if available, but just keep in mind you might need that Summoner Support elsewhere too.

Enemy Phase: Super Tank
+Spd/Def/Res, +10+5, Summoner Support
Gronnserpent — Sandwiches! — Green Gift
Def Refinement — Res Refinement
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Close Counter — Distant Def — Mirror Stance — Sturdy Stance (tier 4 not out yet)
Guard — Lull Atk/Spd — Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
Distant Def — Quick Riposte

Edited by XRay

So I managed to pull two Nils and am thinking of merging them. Any opinions on whether I should use +HP or +Atk? I have the +HP Nils built right now and he has 57 base HP (with dragonflowers). I'm wondering if I should capitalize on his high HP for Panic Ploy (and his second skill but I don't find it that useful) or should I increase his attack potential?

33 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

So I managed to pull two Nils and am thinking of merging them. Any opinions on whether I should use +HP or +Atk? I have the +HP Nils built right now and he has 57 base HP (with dragonflowers). I'm wondering if I should capitalize on his high HP for Panic Ploy (and his second skill but I don't find it that useful) or should I increase his attack potential?

+HP

feel free to swap out the B slot for Sudden Panic too if its not your thing. +atk is something that exists but a refresher attacking is only viable when they have access to things like Galeforce, which dragons for some reason cant get.

8 hours ago, zuibangde said:

+HP if you are using him as a support unit and you want to make sure he can Infantry Pulse anyone. If you are only going to use him to Infantry Pulse ranged units though, then +HP is not necessary.

If you want to use him as a Player Phase combat unit, then +Atk would be fine. +Spd would be more a little more preferable in my opinion, as +Spd works on both Player Phase and Enemy Phase pretty well, while +Atk is okay for Player Phase but it is not as great for Enemy Phase.

On 2/22/2020 at 3:54 PM, Marbels said:

+HP

feel free to swap out the B slot for Sudden Panic too if its not your thing. +atk is something that exists but a refresher attacking is only viable when they have access to things like Galeforce, which dragons for some reason cant get.

Thanks! Since I have a spare Gerik, I might try using Sudden Panic. Do you think having both Sudden Panic and Panic Ploy might be too redundant? Maybe I could swap his C skill for Infantry Pulse instead. 

7 hours ago, zuibangde said:

Thanks! Since I have a spare Gerik, I might try using Sudden Panic. Do you think having both Sudden Panic and Panic Ploy might be too redundant? Maybe I could swap his C skill for Infantry Pulse instead. 

Personally, I am not a huge fan of Ploys due to the limited range, and Nils should be more concerned with supporting his ally nukes than trying to Ploy things.

I would go for Infantry Pulse or just a regular Hone Atk-Hone Spd combo.

So like... how viable is a build like this for Serra? @XRay @Ice Dragon @Landmaster @DLNarshen @SatsumaFSoysoy @mcsilas @Rezzy @mampfoid @daisy jane

+SPD/+DEF/+ATK

+10 & +10 Dragonflowers

• Absorb+ / Melancholy+
  • Miracle
  • Close Counter
  • Mystic Boost 3
  • Time's Pulse, Rouse DEF/RES, Rouse ATK/DEF, Pulse Smoke 3
  • Renewal 3/Close DEF 3, Quick Riposte, Brazen ATK/RES, Brazen ATK/SPD, Brazen DEF/RES (Eventually)
  • Potential support from Drives/Infantry Breath/Bonus Doubler/Infantry Flash

More opinions are welcome, of course. Just kinda like the idea of making Serra cockroach that can counter (instead of Fortress DEF/RES). Of course Silque runs a build like this infinitely better but obviously she's *5 exclusive and I don't have bias towards her.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

So like... how viable is a build like this for Serra? @XRay @Ice Dragon @Landmaster @DLNarshen @SatsumaFSoysoy @mcsilas @Rezzy @mampfoid @daisy jane

+SPD/+DEF/+ATK

+10 & +10 Dragonflowers

• Absorb+ / Melancholy+
  • Miracle
  • Close Counter
  • Mystic Boost 3
  • Renewal 3/Close DEF 3, Quick Riposte, Brazen ATK/RES, Brazen ATK/SPD, Brazen DEF/RES (Eventually)

More opinions are welcome, of course. Just kinda like the idea of making Serra cockroach that can counter (instead of Fortress DEF/RES). Of course Silque runs a build like this infinitely better but obviously she's *5 exclusive and I don't have bias towards her.

I would not use it in Aether Raids, but it seems fine for most PvE content since nukes generally do not hit as hard there. Not too sure about Abyssal, but I think it is okay for Infernal as long as she got support; and if you are using her against boss Heroes, they often have pre charged Specials, so just make sure Serra gets rid of their Special first.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

+SPD/+DEF/+ATK

+10 & +10 Dragonflowers

• Absorb+ / Melancholy+
  • Miracle
  • Close Counter
  • Mystic Boost 3

For PVE sure go for it for AR its not very usefull. Serra lacks firepower and sustainability/bulk against physical threats. But in all honesty even in PVE mode i rather built my Healers around support, with the ecxeption of Veronica. A +RES Serra could be a nice starting debuffer with Sabotage Def in her B-Slot and Ploys in her C and Seal slot for Mathew.

55 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I fed Dimitri to Lucy giving her DB 4 and Lull Atk/Def 3, any fun builds I could make with those skills?

You can give Lucina a slow Brave build, but I think those skills are better off on a unit that is actually slow. Lucina is fast, so a standard Desperation Player Phase build or a fast Brave build is more appropriate in my opinion since those builds have a higher damage output.

Slow Brave:
Brave Sword
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Reposition
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def
(Any C)
Sturdy Blow — Heavy Blade

Standard Player Phase:
Sealed Falchion
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

Fast Brave:
Brave Sword
Reposition
Luna
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd)

27 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can give Lucina a slow Brave build, but I think those skills are better off on a unit that is actually slow. Lucina is fast, so a standard Desperation Player Phase build or a fast Brave build is more appropriate in my opinion since those builds have a higher damage output.

Slow Brave:
Brave Sword
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Reposition
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def
(Any C)
Sturdy Blow — Heavy Blade

Standard Player Phase:
Sealed Falchion
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

Fast Brave:
Brave Sword
Reposition
Luna
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd)

I think you may have missed the point.  I pretty much wanted to do some meme builds with the skills 😕

19 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I think you may have missed the point.  I pretty much wanted to do some meme builds with the skills 😕

I guess you can try giving her a one shot build and stack her Atk as high as possible?
Sealed Falchion
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def
Time's Pulse
Brazen Atk/Stat — Hardy Bearing
Useful against dragons and squishy units. Its total damage output is probably crap, but at least its damage output per hit is really high. One spank, one maybe kill.

If you just want something funny, maybe something like the following?
Sealed Falchion
Shove
Vengeance
Death Blow
Renewal — Mystic Boost
Sword Exp.
Fierce Stance
Sealed Falchion and Vengeance will constantly clash with Renewal/Mystic Boost. Shove is there because it is an inferior Smite. Death Blow and Fierce Stance have no synergy with each other. Sword Exp. is basically useless.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

So like... how viable is a build like this for Serra? 

+SPD/+DEF/+ATK

+10 & +10 Dragonflowers

• Absorb+ / Melancholy+
  • Miracle
  • Close Counter
  • Mystic Boost 3

Yeah the Absorb, Mystic Boost build is an abomination~You can also, if you reaaaaaally want to be gross, give her Lull Atk/Res to make her even more obnoxious~ But I approve~

I'm thinking about a C slot skill for my +10 Lyon. The build is Naglfar, Draw Back, Iceberg, CC, QR, blank and Darting Blow (seal). This is for PVE content mostly.

His team is Myrrh, Summer Laegjarn and L!Eliwood (full tactics support for Lyon).

My current thoughts are Atk Smoke or Res Smoke. Atk Smoke improves his bulk and Res Smoke improves his damage for himself as well as Myrrh and Laegjarn.

Thoughts?

24 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I'm thinking about a C slot skill for my +10 Lyon. The build is Naglfar, Draw Back, Iceberg, CC, QR, blank and Darting Blow (seal). This is for PVE content mostly.

His team is Myrrh, Summer Laegjarn and L!Eliwood (full tactics support for Lyon).

My current thoughts are Atk Smoke or Res Smoke. Atk Smoke improves his bulk and Res Smoke improves his damage for himself as well as Myrrh and Laegjarn.

Thoughts?

I would at least replace Darting Blow for Close Def or Distant Def. Lyon seems to be primarily an Enemy Phase units, so there is no point in giving him a Player Phase skill in my opinion.

For his C slot, I would go with Atk Smoke, as it improves his own bulk. I do not think improving his damage output is necessary since he probably is not used in Abyssal where the bulk is insanely high, and Iceberg with Quick Riposte is generally enough to kill things in lower difficulty.

47 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would at least replace Darting Blow for Close Def or Distant Def. Lyon seems to be primarily an Enemy Phase units, so there is no point in giving him a Player Phase skill in my opinion.

For his C slot, I would go with Atk Smoke, as it improves his own bulk. I do not think improving his damage output is necessary since he probably is not used in Abyssal where the bulk is insanely high, and Iceberg with Quick Riposte is generally enough to kill things in lower difficulty.

He actually gets to 47 spd on initiation which is pretty useful. Bonus Doubler is pretty rad.

I used that team to clear Abyssal Lif but you're right in that I usually have to use other teams (Brave Bow and Reinhardt + 2 dancers) for Abyssal stuff. Atk Smoke would be the more budget option, that much is certain. One plus side of Res Smoke, however, is that it benefits 3 res targeting units on my team while Attack Smoke is only good for the two tanks (Myrrh and Lyon).

27 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

One plus side of Res Smoke, however, is that it benefits 3 res targeting units on my team while Attack Smoke is only good for the two tanks (Myrrh and Lyon).

For Smokes to be applicable to other units, other units also need to be in range of the same enemies and have those enemies actually hit Myrrh too. If the enemies targeting Lyon cannot target Myrrh or chooses not to hit Myrrh, Smokes are not going to be much help to anyone but Lyon himself. Myrrh also prevents doubles, so even if a green enemy can target Myrrh, if the total damage output is greater by doubling Lyon, they will target Lyon instead (assuming the enemy dies in both cases).

While it is true Res Smoke does help out more units, you also need to factor in how much each unit participates in combat. If Myrrh and Lyon are doing most of the combat and SR!Laegjarn is mostly just there for support, then it does not really make sense to factor in SR!Laegjarn for buffs.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

+SPD/+DEF/+ATK

+10 & +10 Dragonflowers

• Absorb+ / Melancholy+
  • Miracle
  • Close Counter
  • Mystic Boost 3

it's pretty viable - i'm planning to do this with Mercedes (and use Serra as my monster attacker instead). but I shouldn't see why Serra couldn't pull it off. 
I personally would go +atk. (also help her healing capability). 

13 hours ago, Zeo said:

+SPD/+DEF/+ATK

+10 & +10 Dragonflowers

• Absorb+ / Melancholy+
  • Miracle
  • Close Counter
  • Mystic Boost 3

Looks fun, especially for clears and PVE content. Healers aren't my area of expertise, but I bet she would have trouble to tank much in the really hard AR maps. 

Not sure about the boon. +SPD sounds best at first glance, but even 34 (36 with flowers) won't help her to prevent many doubles.