Legendary Hero Battle - Nanna: Beloved Princess

Xenomata

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPKPqxNXMAMkCOl?format=png&name=orig

From Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, the 787th hero added to the game carries a number of effects that greatly improves her attacking game, from boosts to damage to the always coveted Canto. Namely, she DOES NOT CARE about any form of your damage reduction nonsense, so carefully consider how it is you want to be tanking her attacks, if you want to be tanking her attacks in the first place.

Nanna may usually be a healer, but the Lands Sword is a terror in the hands of one blessed by Hoðr...

Map (Abyssal)
uywqUnMl.jpg?1

Enemy Loadouts (Abyssal)

Spoiler

Turn 1
qrVwNGyl.jpg?1
aA612cGl.jpg?1
CvBDCZCl.jpg?1
0Au1mRHl.jpg?1
6Dtb21gl.jpg?1
AXsXIiil.jpg?1

Turn 2
ByJSVLLl.jpg?1
A8ca2Wfl.jpg?1
c6KTULZl.jpg?1

Turn 3
RQj85ijl.jpg?1
Xuyxa2al.jpg?1
lVpI8mGl.jpg?1

Turn 4
1eGG8Ygl.jpg?1
TLByLp6l.jpg?1

Edited by Xenomata

Surprisingly I beat Abyssal on my own, using a team of Brave Eirika, Harmonic Leif, Harmonic Azura, and Duo Lyn. Canto is broken. Also using primarily cavalry to run away from everything until I can position my units correctly is funny.

So... usually I do one practice run to find out the strategy to clear the map, and then I run the Abyssal map again to grab images of the enemy unit loadouts (for the original post) using different units, since I tend to use units who inflict debuffs on the enemies at the start of the turn in a wide area, ergo making it impossible to show their raw stats. Only after that comes the part where I clear the map for video purposes with the original team.
Usually I bring in units who can survive long enough to confirm all the enemy waves, but this time I was able to actually net the clear with this pic-grabbing team, so... eh screw it I'll just use this one, it's not even that different from the run I was going to record anyway.

The three who were always brought in were Witchy Nowi, WereGrima F, and LegAzura. The original 4th teammate was Adrift Camilla, with LegLilina taking her place here.

• Witchy Nowi didn't specifically inherit Atk/Res Rein for this battle, it was a skill I been meaning to give her for a while, but it certainly did help. It feels like a while since I last used her in one of these, so I thought I'd dust off the cobwebs and give her some love again. The final move I took with Nowi was improvised, but not necessary to clear the map.
  • Same deal with WereGrima F, though with her there was a few notable differences in how the battle went between teammate swaps: because of Adrift Camilla's refine, the group of enemies attacking Grima on EP1 were all debuffed to deal less damage and take more in return, netting Grima two kills instead of one. Because the Bow Cav survived, some different actions had to be taken.
  • I did give LegAzura her refine before this, though like Nowi it was just something I been meaning to do for a while. It certainly helped in some cases, though maybe it wasn't necessary to do before this fight specifically...
  • LegLilina was brought on because she could deal about as much damage as Adrift Camilla could without inflicting debuffs. In fact, Adrift Camilla was even the one who netted the kill on Nanna in the original run, like Lilina was here. While I would have preferred to use Camilla because honestly I think her refine deserves more love than it actually got, I'm not that opposed to using LegLilina, so sure I'll give the girl some time. There's always next time for Camilla.

Walhart, meanwhile, got to drink a vegetable cocktail at home base for once. Been some time since he got a break post-refine...

@Yggi Jamke is way faster than I thought

Using ranged units didn't really work for me, so I just ended up with this method of EP fighting with Valentia Catria and PP destruction with regular Catria and Valentia Palla. Young Minerva just watched from the side and took one attack from the ninja.

@Yggi Nice clear! Seliph is looking very nice in his new Resplendent outfit. That's a very nicely invested Jamke too, his bow along with Deadeye makes for a very strong combination.

@GuiltyLove Nice clear, always nice to see Vantage Catria in action. And regular Catria was very cool too with her Galeforcing, smart use of her brave effect to take down Nanna without having to worry about Miracle or her hitting back.

This map had multiple units within three spaces, making it very easy to approach for a one turn clear. I basically just went in with the team I had used for the BHB the other day and it worked here too without a lot of adjustments. Close enemies means there's actions left over which means Summer Tana can get to see some battle for once, so that's nice. Nanna having Miracle at 2 cooldown could have been a little annoying, but she isn't that bulky so I had the means to deal with that either by using a Brave hit or one hitting her. Ended up going with the second solution in the end. Overall a pretty easy Abyssal map in one turning terms.

@BoaFerox Your Tanas are really impressive! I like how Y!Tanna overkilled Nanna by exactly 1 point. I also find it kinda funny how Summer Tana and my Mage Eirika deal exactly the same amount of damage against the axe guy.

- - - - - - - - - 

I missed the chance to do the Caeda LHB due to me struggling on how to make the video look good on my new phone. Turns out the issue was that I had the thing on dark mode and it made the screen look all muddy. Oh well, the clear for that one will wait until the re-run. For now here's how 2 Eirikas rolfstomp Nanna's map. 

Triangle strategy and some other stuff meant my heroes activity and reply game weren't at their highest this month. But I returned just in time for the GHB.

@BoaFerox: A clean one shot on a bloated abyssal boss. Thats some firepower.

The Orphans got a break this month and instead its Altena keeping her little brother safe from any girlfriends.

A bit more warping then usual, but this map started to annoy me, so teleporting seemed like a good way to save some time.

@Landmaster @BoaFerox @Diovani Bressan @SatsumaFSoysoy

Edited by Sasori

The inability to use Mythic blessing bonuses means my Valentine Lucina gets one-shot by Nanna with an overkill of 11 damage without Def buffs from teammates.

But it's easy enough to just stay out of Nanna's reach and kill her when she finally moves in, so I still ran my current Save team of Valentine Lucina, Valentine Robin, Ash, and Nifl. Or, at least, staying out of reach was easy. Killing her was a close call:

Spoiler

yIMr2KK.png

Spoiler

RUSVb1b.png

Spoiler

1PRoM74.png

@Xenomata Grima honestly took quite a beating there throughout the whole map, but she managed.

@Yggi Good ol Reinhardt never fails. That said, he wasn't needed to bring down the squishy Nanna.

@BoaFerox Nice quadruple Tanas. I do like blue ponytails.

@Alexmender Double the Azuras, double the cheese.

@Sasori Ooh, very different lineup from usual. Must be hard to past the big sister test when said sister is Altena.

Just showing off my +10s and soon-to-be +10. I actually don't have any of the fodder I need for Orochi yet, though.

I actually did beat this yesterday, but it did take a minute. I was trying so hard to outspeed that stupid Axe Fighter before realizing it was just impossible with his Lull and Lull weapon and I had to focus on getting as many kills as possible every turn afterwards. It's really easy to get overrun with such limited space on this map.

@GuiltyLove - Wish I had at least one Melee Elise, it's insane trying to get through this map with only ranged units. Really jealous of Palla and V!Catria right about now with how easily they sliced through pretty much everything.

@BoaFerox - S!Tana doubling the Axe Fighter like it was nothing is wild to see with how much trouble I went through trying to do the same thing. Guess S!Elise can only do so much with no merges. Impressive work with the Tanas again with how easily they disposed of this one. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy - I could only dream of having that many Orochis. I only just got Tatiana to +10 with the free one we got in the Codes. I don't know when I'll get more Orochis. She did very well despite the lack of fodder. I can't imagine how busted she'll be when she's built. Speaking of, I was not expecting Nanna to go down as easily as she did but here we are.

@Sasori - Lots of "Understood" and lots of warping, which looked like a lot to keep track of. Very smart to kinda huddle at the bottom of the map together to get some distance away from the reinforcements.

@Alexmender - Guess you had a bit of fun on the AHR Banner. Getting B!Eirika to solo a map with the double cheating skills was actually pretty funny. Nanna must have been terrified seeing her charge through the entire army.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Despite being still vanilla and not +10, your Orochi certainly put in some work. I'm still waiting to see if a new demote or grail unit I want to build comes soon, as of right now I think my last +10 demote was Ilyana and that was forever ago. 

@Landmaster AHR went pretty badly for me, actually. Nothing but Rinkahs and Geriks all the way to the spark. I've had those 2 Azuras since their debut banner, and combined with Ninja Corrin they're my go to for cheesing stuff I don't want to deal with, lol. 

I got a little scared when Winter Mira got attacked by the flier while at low Hp, but she tanked the flier like a champ! The one shot on Nanna was also pretty cool! It's still impressive to see the Elise squad clear Abyssal maps without the need for dancers and get out of a pinch despite getting swarmed left and right by all those reinforcements. 

@Landmaster seeing Elise throwing what essentially is a Bwaka Knife is rather scary to think, but apart from that, I wonder what the use of Seal atk on winter Elise Mirabilis was for. I fell I haven't seen that skill in 5 years now.

Edited by Yggi
incorrect tag

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice Orochi. Even with a budget kit she is still pulling punches.

@Yggi Jamke is faster than I thought. I had so much trouble with outspeeding that Axe fighter.

@GuiltyLove Always good to see Catrias. I hope we get her in the next SoV Hall of Form

@Sasori 58 visible defense is impressive, and putting Asbel in front of that Axe fighter is something I wouldn't even think of but it pays off.

@Ice Dragon My V!Lucina is at 38 HP, she dies pretty early on without even engaging Nanna.

Spoiler

I cleared this with Hrid on the 1st day but couldn't remember how I did it. Priam is unfortunately not a good swordie, he barely survives here just from fighting the mooks. Fortunately NFU is getting more common otherwise I would've regret merging him up even more.

3 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

My V!Lucina is at 38 HP, she dies pretty early on without even engaging Nanna.

With Nifl for support, she has 71% damage reduction, and Robin gives her 5 HP recovery on every attack, which helps keep her topped off when she takes damage.

Mine is also +10+5 because the game wouldn't stop giving more copies of her even after I stopped pulling for her and was only going for a few more copies of Robin, but I don't think the extra stats make too much of a difference compared to the damage reduction and passive healing.

The only enemy other than Nanna that could actually chunk Lucina for appreciable damage was the enemy with the Armorsmasher, which is where the damage on Lucina in my screenshots came from.

56 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

@MagicCanonBalls Yay, it's Merric. Are you going to get his Forma? Priam seemed decent enough with his defenses. 

No. I focus on F!Kris entirely so he only has few basic skills, and F!Kris herself also has poor kit (Rupture Sky, Distant Ward, NFU, and Joint Distant Guard), I was aiming for Charlotte B Dodge skill for AR-O so she does not have to rely on Thorr for galefoce but the game gave me everything but that. Young Merric himself is a almost a complete package, only his C skill needs an upgrade and that is not worth the forma for me.

@SatsumaFSoysoy : Thats a unique background song. Good to see Bravica going on her usual killing spree again. All the fodder there or not Orochi still did some pretty nice damage.

@Landmaster: I see I wasn't the only one who thought that absurdly fast axe fight was a total pain. Nanna herself seemed less of a problem. Getting casually one shot by notElise.

@MagicCanonBalls I had hoped it would go to a clean 60 def, but I think that it'll be at 59 with full merges.

But anyway nice clear. Mini Merric looks pretty fun, which is nice because he'll be my forma pick. I did hear Priam was a little bit 'meh', but he still cleared house with the first wave of enemies.

You probably shouldn't hog all your team's Spd for yourself.

...I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. I'm no more bored with FEH than usual and much more bored with PSO2 lately, yet I grinded to the new level cap in PSO2 less than four hours after it updated. What even is my procrastination.

Anyway, not a whole lot to say on this one. I saw people having issues with the Axe Fighter, so I made it my mission to kill him immediately. I was once again prepared to do tanking things with Merrybilis, and once again my team proves to be too murder-happy for that to be necessary; I thought I'd have to gank Nanna at the end, not expecting Puddle to just kill her in one hit before Miracle even charged.

Edited by Some Jerk

On 4/1/2022 at 12:18 AM, Alexmender said:

Your Tanas are really impressive! I like how Y!Tanna overkilled Nanna by exactly 1 point. I also find it kinda funny how Summer Tana and my Mage Eirika deal exactly the same amount of damage against the axe guy.

Hey, it's like they're best friends! lol
Nice clear as well, both Eirikas powered by the Azura turbo engine tore through this with ease!

@Sasori Nice clear! I liked when the knight attacked Altena at 1HP but he just couldn't scratch her at all, she's quite the flying fortress!

On 4/1/2022 at 5:21 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nice quadruple Tanas. I do like blue ponytails.

Blue ponytail is the most powerful hairstyle
Nice clear and nice +10s. I have a +10 Orochi myself that I also haven't given any expensive skills to yet, maybe I'll copy yours when I see her in action in the future.

@Landmaster Nice clear, that looked pretty tricky for an all ranged team like this. They still pulled through though, and Mirabilis nuking Nanna with a "Yay, festival..." was really satisfying.

@Some Jerk Nice clear by the dancers, Silvia was really cool with all her Galeforcing, and Larum threw Lethalities around like they were nothing! Also would not have expected Young Azura to be the one to land a one shot on Nanna like that, great performance by her.

I am late for the party, but here I am:

@GuiltyLove Nice themed clear! Catria's triangle attack was pretty helpful in this clear! Lets hope she gets a Resplendent Attire this year, just like her younger sister. Also, Valentian Catria was always a unit that I really never summoned for but i wouldn't midn having in my barracks. This month's Hall of Forms will be Echoes: SoV theme, so I hope she is there.

@Sasori Oh wow! Altena really tanked that amount of foes in turn 2. I confess the battle against the Sword Fighter got me confused: he did 5 damage on the first hit, but then his second hit triggered Moonbow... and still did 5 damage. But anyway... she did great, and the same I can say for the rest of the team! 

@SatsumaFSoysoy It was pretty nice to see Orochi in action. She is not someone I see that often, so it's nice to have something different. Celica and Eirika did amazing, as always. nice clear!

@Landmaster What a menacing music... I loved it! Very nice use of Mirabilis to deal with Nanna. All the Elises did great as well!

@Some Jerk Dancers for the win! Interesting... it's pretty rare to see someone using Watersweep, but you put it at good use. And nice Astra kill at the end.