Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

there's not enough activity to start another game at the moment, particularly after seeing what happened in my game. i propose that we run non-eimm filler games (there's been too many eimm's masquerading as filler games when people play them like a normal multifaction game) until activity picks back up.

i can draw up a reasonably simple 9p setup if people want. however if other people want to host a filler, they can go instead, since i just hosted.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also if we plan on running smaller setups I'd suggest just running games that are already in the queue with lower playerlist counts like Elie's or Prims' imo, otherwise there's not really any incentive to make interesting smaller setups, and the queue doesn't progress whenever a busy time of year comes up because filler setups are run every time.

answer me this: why would we use setups that can be potentially really good and stuff when we have low activity? i felt like the amount/quality of play in my game did a disservice to the amount of time that i put into creating the setup and it's not exactly motivating.

Mitsuki and I both ran small games in MotK (under 9 players) when the playerbase was fairly inactive and filling 13-14p games would take a while, we implemented hard activity rules and forced replacement rules and they both turned out pretty well.

It's easier to get subs when the playerlist is small because there's people who actually want to play that don't make it into the signups. It's also easier to keep track of everybody in the game when the playerlist is small so there's also less flaking and more interest in subbing in general.

If the filler game is going to be 9p~ anyway I'd at least let Elie/Prims have a word on whether they'd rather host their game now that a smaller playerlist game is optimal or if they prefer having a filler game instead.

I've got a mountainous game with a "deadtalk allowed" gimmick I've been meaning to add to the queue for some time. It would probably work better as a filler, so I'll run it if nobody has any objections.

I still need to host my EIMM but have like zero interest in mafia right now.

tbh I should just quit so I have more time for what I actually want to do in my free time these days, but I'm almost a BBM-tier addict.

I'd support that. AMPM2 should be first on the Re-queue. In the mean time, I'd suggest kicking back on Filler games too, and just have like EpicMafia for only the most devout of mafia fans. There's like no time to recover when you're blowing your efforts on OC in EiMM games

What's gonna happen to The Well? ;-;

Unless the burnout affects everyone's ability to ask questions as well, I don't see any reason not to keep going with it.

lol, Marth

After like 1.5 years I've finally made a setup I'm actually pretty happy and excited about. No LOC rubbish either. "Criminal mafia" is finally ready to be checked if anyone is willing to do it. Spoilers: It's an OC game.

Edited by kirsche

• 2 weeks later...
1x Town Rolecop

1x Town 1-Shot Roleblocker

5x Vanilla Townie

1x Mafia 1-Shot Roleblocker

1x Mafia 1-Shot Rolecop

-If town/scum Roleblocker cross-target while the mafia RB is on the kill, both shots are expended but the mafia kill succeeds.

-Limited shot roles are not expended if roleblocked otherwise.

-Scum can act and kill.

Setup changed slightly.

Edited by SB.

Okay, so the setup got updated a bit and I'll be opening signups now.

I'm not gonna post a thread for it since it's a filler game and I'm not even sure if interest levels are high enough to fill, but I think it's worth a try.

If you want to sign up, send me a pm with your desired account name. This is an anonymous game, so don't try to sign up in this thread or whatever.

Current Signups: 8/9

EDIT: The game is open setup and in the previous post.

Edited by SB.